PDA

View Full Version : New Hypermoto class.

AlBundy
10th February 2009, 16:02
http://www.supermoto-central.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=132:fim-releases-details-of-the-new-hypermoto-class&catid=4:news-racing

Youthstream is proud to announce the birth of the eagerly awaited HyperMoto class of the UEM European SuperMoto Championship, the highly competitive series following the whole World Championship and promoted by Youthstream.

Being strictly connected to the evolution of the motorcycle market, the new HyperMoto series matches the growing interest in SuperMoto which has been confirmed in the recent years by the solid selling figures of the big bore machinery. With thousands of European customers owning such machinery, the HyperMoto class of the UEM Championship will give them the chance to take on the challenge of racing on the best European tracks and under the best possible organization. After the many dedicated trophies carried out in the recent years, now the customers can take their racing experience to the next level by entering the UEM HyperMoto European Championship.

The HyperMoto series will be also a further opportunity for the manufacturers to display and publicize their products on the SuperMoto World Championship scenario characterized by a significant television coverage, a solid media following and important crowds.

The key aspects of this class are the minimum engine capacity of 600cc both for mono and multi cylinder motorcycles (2 or 4 stroke); the race track specifications, which foresee the use of the SuperMoto tracks but exclude the off road section; the use of Dunlop tyres for a maximum of eight units per weekend; the minimum age of 16 and the same race format as the European Championship meetings.

These big bore HyperMoto’s combine the agility of a SuperMoto machine with the power and torque of the bigger motorcycles. When used in their normal street set up they are great and comfortable means of transportation; on the track these bikes can bring tons of fun to any user courtesy of their excellent combination of agility and power, but they can also be also record breaking motorcycles once given to expert Superiders.

Information on the regulations of the UEM HyperMoto European Championship can be found here and online at the website www.uem-online.org, home of the Union Européenne de Motocyclisme, the governing body of this Championship.

The 2009 season will start in Viterbo, Italy, on April 19, and will follow the FIM SuperMoto World Championship calendar

NordieBoy
10th February 2009, 20:29
If they really combined "the agility of a SuperMoto machine with the power and torque of the bigger motorcycles" they'd let them do the off-road sections too :D

Good news but.

AlBundy
11th February 2009, 03:00
Hey, I only thought it would be good to share, lol...

Gremlin
11th February 2009, 16:21
We all know that hypermotos are much more fun than supermotos :banana:

testastretta
11th February 2009, 16:54
I really cant see a Hypermotard or KTM 990sm being able to keep up with the 600cc+ machines from Husqvarna or KTM even with the dirt sections missing.They are just to heavy.
Still it will be fun to watch.

Gremlin
11th February 2009, 17:30
doubt they would use those bikes... as you say, too heavy.

But when you consider those supermoto wheelie very happily etc with less cc... the bigger ones would be a crazy ride! :clap:

testastretta
11th February 2009, 17:49
I think they are targeting the Hypermotard and KTM990SM and also Aprilia's upcoming big bore Dorsoduro.The picture in the article is a Hypermotard.

Gremlin
12th February 2009, 00:11
Well... slap me sideways... I can't see it being successful, because the guys with over-bored supermotos will be eligible, and as great as the 990SM is, its still 190 odd kg. However, the supermoto guys would be happier, although it wouldn't affect the NZ class at all... where the top guys are seeing people with evidently over-bored bikes.

The minimum cc rating would have to be higher, but then I'm not complaining. Watching my bike circulating supermoto tracks would be great to watch... maybe more goodies would become available :whistle: