PDA

View Full Version : RF900RS Seat

Neomancer
24th February 2005, 14:28
I am lead to believe there is a cavity under the seat of my RF900 to store shit in but cant figure out how to get the seat off {doah}, can anyone lead me by the nose?

Grumpy
24th February 2005, 14:39
Been a while since I had my RF but I seem to recall the slot for your key been under the tail.....I think....possibly... :spudwhat:

Neomancer
24th February 2005, 14:49
Been a while since I had my RF but I seem to recall the slot for your key been under the tail.....I think....possibly... :spudwhat:

Alright, off for a smoke in a sec will have a sqwizze.

ManDownUnder
24th February 2005, 14:53
Yup...

standing behind the bike, look up under the taillight on the LHS and you'll see the keyhole to release the seat.

Don't count on much room being under there...
MDU

Neomancer
24th February 2005, 15:03
Yup...

standing behind the bike, look up under the taillight on the LHS and you'll see the keyhole to release the seat.

Don't count on much room being under there...
MDU

Your a bloody legend mate, exactly where you said!,

You were right about the space too bit tight, but found the original tool set! with authentic rust and all!!!

Dr Bob
24th February 2005, 15:08
Typically there is enough room for a cheese and mustard sandwich, and perhaps a small tool kit. If it comes with the original one that is cool, all the correct alllen keys, double ended spanners with all the sizes you actually need (usually at either end of the same spanner to be used simultaneously, those brilliant double ended screw drivers with removable bits (these actually are quite handy), and a collection of things with lugs that you don't know what they are for until after you have made a tool to take apart the steering head assembly.

F5 Dave
25th February 2005, 09:35
Haha, yeah I had to ask for the keyhole when I first borrowed a mate’s one, as did he. Not exactly intuitive place.

I fit a Scotoiler, small pump, tubeless repair kit, std toolkit, disc-lock & spare helmet sideplates. How much room do you need? There is the glovebox in the fairing. Not that you’d get much more than toll change in there. . .

Do a search on the site on RF, I had a ramble a while back on easy improvments.