PDA

View Full Version : Is the Shore going to shit?

jaymzw
11th February 2009, 16:08
Ok,

So last year I bought a cage to drive to school on Monday and Wednesday when i had footy practice after school. All other days i rode because i didnt want to put up with east coast road/wairau road/beach road in the mornings (im impatient) The car was a 1994 Subaru Legacy, it was lowered and had mags :dodge:

Anyway just after i got my CBR back from the insurers in January the piece of crap Legacy blew its water pump. No big deal but enough for me to go back to riding everywhere everyday. So i parked it up with the intention of selling it.

I didnt sell it and it sat halfway up my driveway gathering leaves and shit. Anyway last night some chump broke into it and tryed(unsuccessfully) to steal it. Me and my old man disconnected the battery and starter so they were doomed from the start. They did however steal the sub and amp which i dont care about much because i was dumb for leaving it in there. The ignition barrel is shattered to fuck.

Its just a pain when people rip you off. The thing that annoys me the most however is that someone went into my car without my permission:mad:

Anyway apart from abit of a rant, the point of my thread was to ask (particularly the bays riders) Is the North Shore going to shit??? I definitely was raised to respect other peoples belongings as were most other people my age in the area but as of late i've heard of a lot of crap going down particularly in the "nice" suburbs around this side of the shore.

Whats your thoughts? Im proud to live on the shore, and definitely in the bays but i really hope these people arnt from around here

breakaway
11th February 2009, 16:23
I REALLY hate people who mess with other poeples' rides. Worst thing is if they do get caught they probably won't even get a slap on their wrist.

mark247
11th February 2009, 16:34
Ya get this everywhere bro... its not just The Shore turning to shit

pzkpfw
11th February 2009, 16:44
I once left a VF Valiant parked outside my folks - left the battery connected.

Ignition barrel was happy with a teaspoon to turn it.

Guy broke in, and tried for a few minutes to get it to fire... the distributer was with me, in a different town.

jaymzw
11th February 2009, 16:48

Guy broke in, and tried for a few minutes to get it to fire... the distributer was with me, in a different town.

Haha, Yeah that was our thinking that they would just bolt if they couldnt get it in the first couple of minutes. Seriously though my brother inlaw ( he'sfrom wellington) used to know abit about this sort of stuff :shutup: and he said he'd never seen an ignition so raped. I counted 13 pieces ffs

wbks
11th February 2009, 16:57
Someone should leave a car sitting out on the side of the road with the door unlocked and keys sitting on the seat, and hook up a nice big full 12v connected to the door handle. Your car is probably a good idea being known and all if you leave some speakers of something you can pick up from the top on the seat. Why not try?

Dean
11th February 2009, 17:06
Car thefts are common all over newzealand , the world , its to be expected thats why car alarms are sold in our local shops lol.

frogfeaturesFZR
11th February 2009, 17:22
The problem is getting worse on the shore. Easier to steal something than work and earn it :Oops:

Madness
11th February 2009, 17:26
Dunno about the Shore but life is great here in Mangere.

:woohoo:

balans
11th February 2009, 17:30
I had the same problem up in Orewa in the late 90's also in Christchurch's fancy Fendalton about 5 years ago. There are shitbags everywhere unfortunatly, and as has already been mentioned if they get caught there is no real punishment.

Even with old shit heaps it is still bloody annoying when someone has a go. There is still the hassle of cleaning up broken glass, buying a new window and lock or whatever is broken. All this for a handful of change or crappy old stereo.

It's not so much the expense that is annoying it is the inconvenience and the fact that some fuck has so little respect for anyone else and how their actions have a knock on effect.

I have never even considered theft of any sort. So why am I having to share society with such people? It makes me angry that we live in a society that car alarms were even invented, let alone that they are now a vital part of owning a vehicle. It's a shame the law prohibits the use of near-lethal vehicle security products.

balans
11th February 2009, 17:34
Dunno about the Shore but life is great here in Mangere. :woohoo:

Funnily enough that is where my sisters car end up after being knicked in Orewa a few years back.

Madness
11th February 2009, 17:42
:innocent: <tenchar>

Stromble
11th February 2009, 17:44
I think you just have to be unlucky.. this shit happens everywhere unfortunately..

Disco Dan
11th February 2009, 17:44
Yes it is sad that there are people that stupid and disrespectful out there.

Common problem I used to have with my mini's was people picking it up and moving it. They don't get very far (about a foot was the most) but it takes me hours to bend all the bumpers back into alignment.

I solved the problem by using hot melt glue and a box of razor blades. A few on each corner right where someone would lift from under the bumper. Cant see them.. but you sure can feel them. Have not had any trouble since.

JamesHD
11th February 2009, 17:56
Anyway apart from abit of a rant, the point of my thread was to ask (particularly the bays riders) Is the North Shore going to shit??? I definitely was raised to respect other peoples belongings as were most other people my age in the area but as of late i've heard of a lot of crap going down particularly in the "nice" suburbs around this side of the shore.

Whats your thoughts? Im proud to live on the shore, and definitely in the bays but i really hope these people arnt from around here

Hey mate. I live on the shore too; browns bay to be more specific.

In only three years of living in browns bay, i have had two cars broken into; both had full alarm system and all that. both were parked in driveway. both times, idiot tried to steal the car not just rip the good stuff out.
my brother has had one car broken into and all his sounds stolen.

after this happened, we got a full electric front gate, so even if they did get the cars started, they cant go anywhere. no more problems for us...

however, thieving C*$TS started targeting neighbours cars... one particular neighbours car got stolen in the middle of the night, tow truck rocked up, hooked it up, and ripped it through neighbours front garden and drove it away... pretty ballsy i must say.

Is the North Shore going to shit??? Whats your thoughts? Im proud to live on the shore.

even though the cars been broken into, im still proud to live on the shore. great place to live, nice lifestyle. i guess everywhere you get a bit of shit, same with all areas in auckland. easiest solution... move to the south island???

still, gutted to hear about the cage been ripped off mate.
i want to say "hope they find the buggers" but its very unlikely, with the amount of work the fine boys in blue have to do, before following up with these crimes.

at least you get to ride the bike everyday though :yes:

JamesHD
11th February 2009, 17:59

Common problem I used to have with my mini's was people picking it up and moving it. They don't get very far (about a foot was the most) but it takes me hours to bend all the bumpers back into alignment.

I solved the problem by using hot melt glue and a box of razor blades. A few on each corner right where someone would lift from under the bumper. Cant see them.. but you sure can feel them. Have not had any trouble since.

Kiwi ingenuity at its finest... top effort. :clap:

Edbear
11th February 2009, 18:37

:nono:

:first:

Radar
11th February 2009, 19:02
I had a friend who had his car broken into but he heard what was happening and ran outside to see the thief in the distance.

He then took a piece of wood and hammered a dozen nails through it, sat it on the driver's seat and covered it with a cloth. He was REALLY fckd off and wanted the theif to try it again, sitting down to nails up his arse. I laughed my head off. Unfortunately the thief never came back.

McJim
11th February 2009, 19:14
Just chase the thieves naked - it worked for Scumdog.:rofl:

Swoop
11th February 2009, 19:22
Crime on the Shore went up when the tolls were removed from the bridge.

That dosen't deviate from the fact that Birkdale and Devonport should have been rented to the Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys for their nuclear testing programme.

jaymzw
11th February 2009, 19:44
Crime on the Shore went up when the tolls were removed from the bridge.

That dosen't deviate from the fact that Birkdale and Devonport should have been rented to the Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys for their nuclear testing programme.

Okay so im not so good with history but that seems a blatant knock at some ethnic minority group???

Swoop
11th February 2009, 19:46
Okay so im not so good with history but that seems a blatant knock at some ethnic minority group???
Nope.
Just simple facts.
Crime went up. It didn't differentiate between sexes or ethnicities.

jaymzw
11th February 2009, 19:51
Hey mate. I live on the shore too; browns bay to be more specific.

In only three years of living in browns bay, i have had two cars broken into; both had full alarm system and all that. both were parked in driveway. both times, idiot tried to steal the car not just rip the good stuff out.
my brother has had one car broken into and all his sounds stolen.

after this happened, we got a full electric front gate, so even if they did get the cars started, they cant go anywhere. no more problems for us...

however, thieving C*$TS started targeting neighbours cars... one particular neighbours car got stolen in the middle of the night, tow truck rocked up, hooked it up, and ripped it through neighbours front garden and drove it away... pretty ballsy i must say.

even though the cars been broken into, im still proud to live on the shore. great place to live, nice lifestyle. i guess everywhere you get a bit of shit, same with all areas in auckland. easiest solution... move to the south island???

still, gutted to hear about the cage been ripped off mate.
i want to say "hope they find the buggers" but its very unlikely, with the amount of work the fine boys in blue have to do, before following up with these crimes.

at least you get to ride the bike everyday though :yes:

Yeah this was the sort of stuff i was referring too. They seem to be well organised and have certain targets.
Its stink to think that this is happening on the Shore but i suppose that it is something that has to be dealt with in the citys.
And YES i also love the North Shore especially at this time of year!
Im going to report it but im ont going to bother getting it fingerprinted. I dont think they'll ind anything anyway.
Anyway atleast i have got the bike, thats right!:scooter::scooter::scooter:

jaymzw
11th February 2009, 19:52
Nope.
Just simple facts.
Crime went up. It didn't differentiate between sexes or ethnicities.

Okay i understand your post now....

JamesHD
11th February 2009, 19:57
Yeah this was the sort of stuff i was referring too. They seem to be well organised and have certain targets.
Its stink to think that this is happening on the Shore but i suppose that it is something that has to be dealt with in the citys.
And YES i also love the North Shore especially at this time of year!
Im going to report it but im ont going to bother getting it fingerprinted. I dont think they'll ind anything anyway.
Anyway atleast i have got the bike, thats right!:scooter::scooter::scooter:

exactly... hope the weather picks up though aye.

most thieves target the shore because they perceive it as a "richer" environment... they are all about the quick buck, and it's very annoying to be on the receiving end of this.

next cage you get, i would advise putting "screamers" in with your alarm. they are little audible sirens that have a very high pitch and, once set off, wont let you sit in the car for longer than a few seconds because of the deafening sound.

stay safe, always good to know another shore biker.:2thumbsup

Mom
11th February 2009, 20:01

I had an older Mitsi Lancer (auto) parked on my front lawn that some fools tried to steal by crash starting it. It ended up marooned over the retaining wall down to my driveway with a broken rear quaterlite window, and as it later transpired a cracked sump. Dicks!

NO, this is not a Shore thing at all, it is opportunist theives attempting their luck. Serves us right really. Leaving perfectly good heaps of shit out in a place they could attempt to steal them.

MadDuck
11th February 2009, 20:02
Its not just the Shore. Whangaparaoa has put on 5 extra community constables in the last couple of months.....now tell me there is no increase in crime on the Coast <_<

gammaguy
11th February 2009, 20:10

i had a VF too.had a heap of them over the years.

one thing always in my pocket when i walked away.

the rotor arm:cool:

scumdog
11th February 2009, 20:32
Take your clothes off and chase 'em down the street.:crazy:

Works for me.:innocent:

scumdog
11th February 2009, 20:35

Kids stuff.

Fish-hooks pop-rivetted onto the underneath works waay better,,,:shifty:

98tls
11th February 2009, 20:39
"is the shore going to shit" is like asking "if i leave icecream in the sun will it melt"? maybe "when in Rome" applies,steal your shit back,place has gone to hell anyway.:bye:

McJim
11th February 2009, 20:51

The efficacy of this method can depend on the size of your tackle.....y'know - how big a rugby tackle you can manage..:rofl:

98tls
11th February 2009, 20:54
The efficacy of this method can depend on the size of your tackle.....y'know - how big a rugby tackle you can manage..:rofl: Is that your inner or outer self posting Jim?

MadDuck
11th February 2009, 21:03

Hmmm lets see if works for me. No doubt my next post will be asking if there are any legal types on the site cos theres a whole heap of people fallen over in the street in stitches of laughter :banana:

wbks
11th February 2009, 21:11
Scumdog chased someone nude down the street? Random.