PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of my restored bike?

G-spot
11th February 2009, 20:58
1979 Yamaha TT500F, matching engine, frame and crankcase numbers this baby is vertually all NOS.

NZJONESY
11th February 2009, 21:05
That's wicked! Have you got any before pictures?

wilber
11th February 2009, 21:06
very nice job you have done there matey

98tls
11th February 2009, 21:06
Lovin it,great work.Had an 80 way back.

HenryDorsetCase
11th February 2009, 21:08
very nicely done!

madmal64
11th February 2009, 21:13
Awesome job :2thumbsup
Ive always wanted one of these in that state. But my wife wont let me:mad:. Just because I want to put it in the house and display it. It would be allowed to be in the garage with the others but not the house.
Oh well!

Well done that man!

shafty
11th February 2009, 21:14
BLOODY BEAUTIFUL Matey!

G-spot
11th February 2009, 21:44
BLOODY BEAUTIFUL Matey!

Yeah, but I could stare at your avatar for ages.
Thanks

G-spot
11th February 2009, 21:47
Awesome job :2thumbsup
Ive always wanted one of these in that state. But my wife wont let me:mad:. Just because I want to put it in the house and display it. It would be allowed to be in the garage with the others but not the house.
Oh well!

Well done that man!

Thank you, I'm glad its bloody finished as it consumed up a large chuck of my life trying to find all the NOS bits from around the world.

rainman
11th February 2009, 21:48
What do you think of my restored bike

Looks like new. Bloody brilliant job, nice bike.

Are you going to find a good mud puddle to ride it in? ;)

G-spot
11th February 2009, 21:54
That's wicked! Have you got any before pictures?

Yes, it was all dressed in E colours (yellow) when I first saw it but the frame and engine numbers told me it was a F (orange)

Thanks for the positive comments NZJONESY!

G-spot
11th February 2009, 21:57
very nice job you have done there matey

Thanks wilber, I appriciate you positive comments!

G-spot
11th February 2009, 22:00
Lovin it,great work.Had an 80 way back.

Thanks! a 80 is my next task I just love the black colour.

G-spot
11th February 2009, 22:01
very nicely done!

Thanks man I'm glad you like it!

G-spot
11th February 2009, 22:06
Looks like new. Bloody brilliant job, nice bike.

Are you going to find a good mud puddle to ride it in? ;)

Thanks rainman, no mud puddle it will stay in the garage all nicely wrapped up. I have a mint 1981 TT500H that I ride on the road but no mud puddle for it either. I have a 1980 Suzuki DR400T that I ride in the mud.

H00dz
11th February 2009, 22:53
Mate !!!

Mate???

Mate!!!!

I was gonna say its a yammy so its all good in my books but then I saw the before pics

Mate !!!! your a LEGEND !!!

Rodney007
11th February 2009, 23:03
holy fu*k thats mint!

ManDownUnder
12th February 2009, 08:20
Mate that's beautiful! That was a dream bike of mine as a kid. Would love to see and hear it in action.

Looks like a good job you did too

Paulo
12th February 2009, 09:33
Thats awesome , great job. Now you have to get it dirty ;)

Storm
12th February 2009, 10:28
Bloody hell, thats a cherry set of wheels if ever I saw one. You'll have bike museums knocking your door down:D

G-spot
12th February 2009, 16:00
Mate !!!

Mate???

Mate!!!!

I was gonna say its a yammy so its all good in my books but then I saw the before pics

Thanks H00dz, yeah she was a bit rough around the edges when I first got it.

G-spot
12th February 2009, 16:03
holy fu*k thats mint!

Love your choice of words, and that must of been hard to say since your avatar shows that you are a honda follower.
Thanks man:2thumbsup

Crasherfromwayback
12th February 2009, 16:08
I used to wet myself over those as a kid...just wet myself again now!

It's a credit to you. NEVER part with it.

Pete

G-spot
12th February 2009, 16:09
Mate that's beautiful! That was a dream bike of mine as a kid. Would love to see and hear it in action.

Looks like a good job you did too

ManDownUnder that was my dream bike aswel but could not afford it when I was 15 let alone able to ride it without killing myself.

Visit this link to hear it in action, excuse the clarity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQXTXPdRvk8&feature=channel_page

Thanks for the choice comments.

G-spot
12th February 2009, 16:12
Thats awesome , great job. Now you have to get it dirty ;)

Hi Paulo, I have a 1980 Suzuki DR400T that I get dirty, the TT500 will stay all nicely wrapped up stored in my cave.

Thanks so much for the comments, I'm glad you like it.

vifferman
12th February 2009, 16:15
All credit to you, Sir! :niceone:
The before and after pictures look like a near wreck and a brand new bike!:blink:
It's hard to believe they're the same machine.

Str8 Jacket
12th February 2009, 16:16
Awesome bike mate! If it were mine I might even be tempted to race it... ;)

G-spot
12th February 2009, 16:16
Bloody hell, thats a cherry set of wheels if ever I saw one. You'll have bike museums knocking your door down:D

Love your american expression "cherry" used to hear it all the time when I was buying parts out of the states.
Thanks Storm

G-spot
12th February 2009, 16:22
I used to wet myself over those as a kid...just wet myself again now!

It's a credit to you. NEVER part with it.

Pete

Pete you have just found my G-spot with those choice of words now I'm all wet.

Can't say I will never part with it, as I believe in the saying "never say never" but whislt I have it I will appriciate it.:scooter:

G-spot
12th February 2009, 16:34
All credit to you, Sir! :niceone:
The before and after pictures look like a near wreck and a brand new bike!:blink:
It's hard to believe they're the same machine.

I know, I am pleased with the end result.
The person that I got it from tried tell me it was this model and that model but when I looked at the frame and engine numbers I knew what it was and I had contain my excitement and just agree with him rather then correct him and then fuck my chances of getting it. Very rare to find one of these with matching frame, engine and crankcase numbers. I don't give a shit what the bike looks like just as long as it has those magical matching numbers.
Thats where the value is it makes it more authentic.

Thanks for the feedback vifferman

G-spot
12th February 2009, 16:38
Awesome bike mate! If it were mine I might even be tempted to race it... ;)

I nearly fell off my seat when you said race it. Had a bit of a chuckle to myself over your comments.
Thanks for the positive response Dude.

Str8 Jacket
12th February 2009, 16:44
I nearly fell off my seat when you said race it. Had a bit of a chuckle to myself over your comments.
Thanks for the positive response Dude.

You *can* race anything you know...

Though seriously you wouldn't want to destroy something worth so much to you!

toycollector10
12th February 2009, 17:01
Hi, that's a fabulous rebuild. What else have you done?

You know that you're already looking around for another project :shifty:

G-spot
12th February 2009, 18:16
You *can* race anything you know...

Though seriously you wouldn't want to destroy something worth so much to you!

Yes forked out a shit load of money to rebuild this bike.
Ops whats that dear, know that was just a fiqure of speech I didn't spend that much money at all, yes you can buy that dress no problem.

G-spot
12th February 2009, 18:29
Hi, that's a fabulous rebuild. What else have you done?

You know that you're already looking around for another project :shifty:

Thanks toycollector10,

fully rebuilt a 1981 Yamaha TT500H (when I say rebuilt I mean it, no Jewish over haul paint and grease or painted with a spray can.", rebuilt a 1964 Massey Ferguson 35 tractor from the ground up.
Nearly took on a International TD14a bulldozer (D5-6) only 15000 of them made world wide, came to my senses on that one, sold it before it was to late. My next task is a 1980 Yamaha TT500G its sitting in the corner of my garage at the moment have got all the NOS parts for it fenders, sidecovers, speedo and lighting kit etc etc.

Paul in NZ
12th February 2009, 18:47
Thats really nice and a credit to you!

What finish did you use on the exhaust? I find it tricky getting those satin finishes looking 'right'...

G-spot
12th February 2009, 19:17
Thats really nice and a credit to you!

What finish did you use on the exhaust? I find it tricky getting those satin finishes looking 'right'...

Try this paint, you can spill petrol on it etc etc and she won't budge and she cures up nicely with a bit of heat.

$80 a Litre though.

650-803
VHS matt black 650 degrees celcius

from Protective paints Ltd
09-2745606
East Tamaki Auckland

Thanks for the thumps up on the bike.

pete376403
12th February 2009, 19:47
Thats really purty.

If i sent you my GS1100 could you do a similar job on it?

I hope you keep the it somewhere very safe, there's lowlifes all around who'd steal that and have it stripped before you knew it was gone.

Post the pics here http://advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35 as well

cave weta
12th February 2009, 19:57
Mate !!!

Mate???

Mate!!!!

Yep what he said!
those photos is bringing me the fuzzies-remembering when I first saw them. Two of em wheelstanding toward me, their sumpgaurds catching the afternoon sun. It was on the temple view straight just out of hamilton.
they were ridden by the Original mormon few!

cave weta
12th February 2009, 20:07
would you consider bringing it and your othr one to this; http://www.silver-bullet.co.nz/event.php?id=6479
-nostalgia event

G-spot
13th February 2009, 14:57
Yep what he said!
those photos is bringing me the fuzzies-remembering when I first saw them. Two of em wheelstanding toward me, their sumpgaurds catching the afternoon sun. It was on the temple view straight just out of hamilton.

No shit, I have heard stories about those guys on there TT500s so it is true, whoa!

G-spot
13th February 2009, 17:13
Thats really purty.

If i sent you my GS1100 could you do a similar job on it?

I hope you keep the it somewhere very safe, there's lowlifes all around who'd steal that and have it stripped before you knew it was gone.

Post the pics here http://advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35 as well

pete37640 thanks for that link, shall do. I know it worries the f**k out of me someone steeling my families possessions. They are insured but I prefer to have the bikes then the money because I just won't be able to replace them again.

Now your GS1100, as Adam Sandlers friend would say " YOU CAN DO IT"

G-spot
13th February 2009, 17:22
would you consider bringing it and your othr one to this; http://www.silver-bullet.co.nz/event.php?id=6479
-nostalgia event

Would love to but unfortunitly I have a prior engagement, fathers inlaws 60th
Thanks so much for the invite will try not to let you down on the next invite.

3umph
13th February 2009, 17:23
dam nice job on the rebuild...

good to see someone taking the time to bring history back to original condition:Punk:

G-spot
13th February 2009, 17:30
dam nice job on the rebuild...

good to see someone taking the time to bring history back to original condition:Punk:

Thanks 3umph, yeah not one to cut corners. I wish there were more of these bikes up in the waikato so that we could get together and ride. No fun riding with modern bikes any ways they get jealous because everyone looks at my bike and not theirs.

DEATH_INC.
13th February 2009, 17:34
That's just Farkin Beautiful !!!
I too dreamed of one of these when I was younger....

G-spot
13th February 2009, 19:09
That's just Farkin Beautiful !!!
I too dreamed of one of these when I was younger....

Thanks DEATH_INC,
I know, back in 76-79 there was this guy in Otorohanga who would buy one every year and every one thought he was just shit hot. He had the bike and he could scrap, f**k he could scrap. I so wanted to be like him, half way there got the bike just a pitty about the brawling skills aye. Oh well like micheal Jackson would say " I'm a lover not a fighter"

Currently have the motor out of my white TT, reboring it and reducing the compression to standard 9:1 piston, (running 10:1 currently). Had to do this because the high compression doesn't like the shit pumped gas that is on the market these days.

Didn't make the same mistake with the orange one kept it standard.

doc
13th February 2009, 19:33
Ferk these were awesome wheelie machines. My kid brother use to follow the Tour buses down the Ninety mile beach, on one wheel. Yeah he was just a hoon , bet many tourist have a photo of it. :oi-grr:

G-spot
13th February 2009, 20:23
Ferk these were awesome wheelie machines. My kid brother use to follow the Tour buses down the Ninety mile beach, on one wheel. Yeah he was just a hoon , bet many tourist have a photo of it. :oi-grr:

Hi Doc, yeah I can wheel stand but its not a controlled one all over the freaking place.

EJK
13th February 2009, 20:25
That looks like brand new :)

G-spot
13th February 2009, 20:32

Sought of is, its nearly all made up of NOS parts.

Pedrostt500
13th February 2009, 20:40
had two of the TT500H one of them had a mean kick back, broke a mates shin, and on another occasion launched a kid who thought he was a hero over the handel bars and face planted him in front of the bike. Miss the Evil old beastie, Nice job there.

G-spot
13th February 2009, 20:48
had two of the TT500H one of them had a mean kick back, broke a mates shin, and on another occasion launched a kid who thought he was a hero over the handel bars and face planted him in front of the bike. Miss the Evil old beastie, Nice job there.

Thanks Pedrostt500, will be at the vintage MX this sunday in Taupo supporting a friend who will be racing a 1981 TT500H, white brothers swingarm, 535 bigbore kit,11:1 compession, 38mm mukini carb.

Should be a great day.

carver
15th February 2009, 20:50
Yep what he said!

today we ride suzuki dirt bikes usually!

G-spot
16th February 2009, 18:28
today we ride suzuki dirt bikes usually!

Whoa, the originals now have prospects!

carver
16th February 2009, 18:44
Whoa, the originals now have prospects!

would you let me test your TT?

G-spot
16th February 2009, 21:31
would you let me test your TT?

Sorry no place to put the L plates.

carver
17th February 2009, 16:16
Sorry no place to put the L plates.

i have the same problem with my GSXR1000

im serious

G-spot
17th February 2009, 19:06
i have the same problem with my GSXR1000

im serious

I know someone who can stop that zero key from sticking on your key board.

Had a look at one of your threads, thats not a very nice thing to say. I hope thats not the "HAMILTON HONDA" way( ex Peter glidden boys from Te Awamutu) of responding to what might be a typo?. Please tell me other wise, as I would like to carry on doing business with them.

Originally Posted by Hitcher
That's easy. Based on recent feedback, either the Moron Few or the Moderators.

mormon you fck'n moron!

carver
17th February 2009, 22:22
I know someone who can stop that zero key from sticking on your key board.

Had a look at one of your threads, thats not a very nice thing to say. I hope thats not the "HAMILTON HONDA" way( ex Peter glidden boys from Te Awamutu) of responding to what might be a typo?. Please tell me other wise, as I would like to carry on doing business with them.

Originally Posted by Hitcher
That's easy. Based on recent feedback, either the Moron Few or the Moderators.

mormon you fck'n moron!

whats hamilton honda got to do with this?

you on drugs?

i do not

work for them
get any money from them
sell or promote their products

i have more backing from waikato yamaha, boycott them

G-spot
26th February 2009, 18:22

She vertually is!

Pic of the VMX meet at Taupo in Feb

Grizzo
26th February 2009, 18:43
Very good. Real tidy lookin:2thumbsup

G-spot
2nd March 2009, 19:51
Very good. Real tidy lookin:2thumbsup

Thanks Grizzo!

quizlix
25th March 2009, 16:18
hey very nice bike. also i saw your youtube video and i'm also in the process of restoring my 79 tt500 and i was wondering where u got the side covers for this bike and if they are NOS because all of the reproduction ones i have found are off color and the same with the fenders. also did ur tank have any dents in it before u repainted it and if so, how did u fix them? thanx