PDA

View Full Version : Bike lane obstacles

gatch
12th February 2009, 21:05
Today I leave from work on the mtb, I go through the city centre to do some banking, it is hosing down with rain, the road is slippery and its peak traffic..

I find a dude in a council ute parked on the bike lane when a few metres back is a bunch of empty parks, he is just sitting there fiddling with his phone, naturally this annoys me somewhat and I voice my opinion of him as I pass.

A few blocks later he stops next to me on the side of the road asking do I have a problem, graceful and articulate is my reply "fuck yes there is", I am countered with statements such as "I do my job so little shits like you don't get flat tires" "ungrateful little shit" "you don't pay taxes".. etc etc

The city is not very friendly to cyclists as is, rain and increased traffic because of the rain makes it much worse, am I wrong to be annoyed at all ???

Gatch

shafty
12th February 2009, 21:09
Flick a letter to The Council. That'll tie up a couple of hours of stressful grovelling to his Boss. Justice!

McJim
12th February 2009, 21:11
I don't mind people parking in the bicycle lane as much as I mind the fuckwit drivers who don't move to the next lane when I pull out onto the road to go around the obstacle.

Luckily I live in a fairly small town so I can follow them home then go home, get my big arsed car out of the garage and go and intimidate them when they go out to the shops.

I cycle to and from work, motorcycle at the weekends and drive a Falcon when I'm out and about. I think I pay more than enough fucken tax.

Dave Lobster
12th February 2009, 21:13
Whether you're an ungrateful little shit, and whether you pay taxes or not is neither here nor there. If he's parked in the cycle lane, and there's plenty of spaces free that he could use instead of being a lazy cunt, he's a lazy cunt.