PDA

View Full Version : Looking @ building a bucket

driftn
13th February 2009, 07:13
Right well as the title says I am looking in to building a bucket for shits and giggles.

Now the noob questions.
Am I better off with a 2 or 4 stroke, Whats a good frame to use?.
Wheels, tyres? blah blah blah.

Also I am trying to do this as cheap as possible as I am racing a real bike this year as well.
Cheers

SVboy
13th February 2009, 07:19
Buy my RX125. Kick N go!

Deano
13th February 2009, 07:25
Forget it mate - concentrate on one project at a time.

K3 Gixxer race bike seems like the project to be focusing on !!

Nasty
13th February 2009, 08:24
Do what deano says .. one project at a time .. and buy the extra bucket I have in the garage ... its a cd125 in a RG150 frame.

driftn
13th February 2009, 09:30
Do what deano says .. one project at a time .. and buy the extra bucket I have in the garage ... its a cd125 in a RG150 frame.

What sort of coin you looking to get for that?

nudemetalz
13th February 2009, 09:55
It's quite well put together too, Driftn. Well worth looking at.

Matt Bleck
13th February 2009, 10:14
K3 ftw!!!!!!

driftn
13th February 2009, 10:18
K3 ftw!!!!!!

The bucket is only a shits and giggles gig, Laughs only.
K3 comes first I assure you of that.

Buckets4Me
13th February 2009, 17:27
Right well as the title says I am looking in to building a bucket for shits and giggles.

Now the noob questions.

Also I am trying to do this as cheap as possible as I am racing a real bike this year as well.
Cheers

if you are quick 2 strokes is just bearly enough
if you take a while you may be better with 4 strokes

you need round wheels and black sticky rubber

and i would get a going bucket to start with

$300- $900 should get you a going bucket (dont expect a flash one :jerry:)

Sully60
13th February 2009, 17:53
if you are quick 2 strokes

driftn would be a two-stroke guy.:yes: Not in the way you impiled B4M either.

When you're fit come to the Slipway and have a skid, you can have a go on the 'sled and I'm sure someone will give you a go on an oilburner.

You'll soon figure what suits you sir.

koba
13th February 2009, 22:54
driftn would be a two-stroke guy.:yes: Not in the way you impiled B4M either.

When you're fit come to the Slipway and have a skid, you can have a go on the 'sled and I'm sure someone will give you a go on an oilburner.

You'll soon figure what suits you sir.

Yeah, your welcome to try whatever we have up there to see how you like it.
Personal preference has alot to do with it.

TZ350
14th February 2009, 20:49

Now the noob questions.

Cheers

If its only for shits and giggles what does it matter if it's a 2 or 4 stroke, or what frame you use wheels, tyres? blah blah blah.

Just asking these questions gives the game away:- You are more serious than you let on, you actually want to win, don't you. ;)

Sully60
14th February 2009, 21:40
Just asking these questions gives the game away:- You are more serious than you let on, you actually want to win, don't you. ;)

He's a Mair...

driftn
15th February 2009, 11:55
If its only for shits and giggles what does it matter if it's a 2 or 4 stroke, or what frame you use wheels, tyres? blah blah blah.

Yes..........

TZ350
15th February 2009, 14:00
Yes..........

Great stuff!!

A FXR gets you out there quickly and there is a bunch of guys peddling them really quickly at Mt Welly.

Then the CB125T's cheaper but needs more hands on maintenance and initial setting up.

Lastly the GP125 2-stroke really cheep to buy initially but takes a serious amount of work and $$$$ to get competitive.

And then if your really serious, a GP125 in a RS chasis has got to be the go, a good rider with one of these would be a serious threat.

What you don't pay in $$$ to buy you pay in getting it competitive.

speedpro
15th February 2009, 14:23
I feel so left out and unloved.

TZ350
15th February 2009, 16:41
I didn't want to clue him into the MB100 secret,:niceone: those engines are just too fast. :first:

Buckets4Me
15th February 2009, 20:23
so what you are saying he is shit out of giggles
if he dosent come up with some dosh
or spend a lot of time on it :clap:

:Pokey:

speedpro
15th February 2009, 21:16
We do need more people we can lap every 3-4 laps. My ego isn't quite where it should be.

TZ350
15th February 2009, 21:27
so what you are saying he is shit out of giggles
if he dosent come up with some dosh
or spend a lot of time on it :clap:

:Pokey:

I reckon..............It's $$$$$$$ or time and knowledge.....there is no free HP in buckets.

all4A50s
19th February 2009, 05:24

Now the noob questions.

Cheers

Depending on your mechanical ability will much depend on what you do. You could always buy an old two-stroke commuter (up to 125cc air cooled) and strip down to start with then spend the year(s) rebuilding her/it/him/thing.

Most fun I've had in years.