PDA

View Full Version : Brake light issue - cb900

Yanosh
13th February 2009, 09:31
Brake light works when activated by the rear brake, but doesn't when using the front brake..

I presume there's a switch somewhere near the brake lever that's gone / disconnected or something???

Bike is '05 cb900

Thanks

nallac
13th February 2009, 09:38
Hey ya, was it like that when you got it?.

Have you move the levers at all?, can happen if you moved levers and don't move perch so that switch doesn't make contact.

Yanosh
13th February 2009, 10:29
Yea, i think it's been like this since i got it - will have a look for the switch, haven't moved anything, but hopefully nothing too hard to sort out....

nallac
13th February 2009, 10:31
shit sorry about that, i didn't know that it wasn't working.

How are you enjoying it so far?.
Not long to go to the trip now.

Squiggles
13th February 2009, 10:33
switch is on the underside of the mastercylinder, should have two wires going into it, check they're connected securely but dont bend them doing so

Yanosh
13th February 2009, 10:58
shit sorry about that, i didn't know that it wasn't working.

How are you enjoying it so far?.
Not long to go to the trip now.

No worries mate - hopefully nothing too hard to fix

Had great fun riding over the crown range the other day - it's quite tight and twisty, and the bike's good fun at much lower speeds than the R1!

Much more comfotable for the missus too, but I actually get a really sore arse from riding more than 2 hours - so I'll have to toughen up! haha

Can't wait to hit the road though - 3 weeks from now, maybe we'll drop by and say hello on the way round....

Yanosh
13th February 2009, 15:23
Gonna need a new switch - the old one's dead... But here's a pic of your old girl on the road to Trebble Cone

nallac
13th February 2009, 18:59
thats a cool picture..

FlyingDutchMan
19th February 2009, 11:00
Had the same problem with my '02 CB900. Cost me $45 for a new switch from Honda... a bit of a rip, but it is working perfectly again.

vifferman
19th February 2009, 11:18
Had the same problem with my '02 CB900. Cost me $45 for a new switch from Honda... a bit of a rip, but it is working perfectly again.
"A bit of a rip"? :eek5:
Is it carved from solid platinum or summat?

Mc TOOL
20th February 2009, 09:46
[QUOTE=Yanosh;1933979]

Had great fun riding over the crown range the other day - it's quite tight and twisty, and the bike's good fun at much lower speeds than the R1!

Nice piece of road that, every one should do this ride , except Ixion , to hard on tyres etc:lol:

Yanosh
20th February 2009, 13:13
Agreed - the crown range is awesome! But I'm looking forward to seeing what the Coro loop is all about next month on my travels.... I hear good things??

As for the part - $41 delivered from Honda.. for a little plastic switch! Well, what can you do?! :spanking:

roadracingoldfart
20th February 2009, 21:29
Agreed - the crown range is awesome! But I'm looking forward to seeing what the Coro loop is all about next month on my travels.... I hear good things??

As for the part - $41 delivered from Honda.. for a little plastic switch! Well, what can you do?! :spanking:

You can get sneaky and fit the new one but send the old one back for a credit and say it seems to be faulty , can i have my money back ? :innocent:

MidnightMike
20th February 2009, 21:39

"A bit of a rip"? :eek5:
Is it carved from solid platinum or summat?

Holy shit, thats steep.

The one on my SV went and it was $10 for a new one.

For $45 maybe you get lunch with it???

FROSTY
21st February 2009, 07:40
Im bettin big money if you unscrew the "genuine honda" unit from the bars you will get another universal unit for 10 bucks

Yanosh
21st February 2009, 11:18
Im bettin big money if you unscrew the "genuine honda" unit from the bars you will get another universal unit for 10 bucks

Not in Queenstown you won't! Couldn't even get the genuine part here :angry:

FROSTY
21st February 2009, 11:27
that sucks dude--if ya like I can buy one local and make sure it fits my hornet. Itll only cost ya a buck to mail it

Yanosh
21st February 2009, 12:43
that sucks dude--if ya like I can buy one local and make sure it fits my hornet. Itll only cost ya a buck to mail it

Thanks mate - already got one from Davidson Honda though.. Quick and easy