PDA

View Full Version : Aaaaahhh! Itching to ride...

Brownbikerbabe
16th February 2009, 07:35
It was a balmy -1 today sun is shining and when I returned home from swimming this morning, the first thing I did was run into the garage, back out my baby, ass end sticking out for the exhaust and started that girl up since it's been put into hibernation....Aaaaahhh what a lovely sound! I was soooo tempted to take her for a spin, but there is still some icy patches from water that has frozen up in front of peoples driveways and I know its still a tad bit cool to ride, but.....oooooh sooooo cloooooooose! Can't wait....! Then I can fly my NZ cyber nest and get back on the road!!

The only downer is another snow storm to hit Wednesday so you have to put up with me a little longer.

Lilly2w
16th February 2009, 08:19
Snow! what a nightmare, how many months of the year do you have to be a motorcycling celibate for?

Brownbikerbabe
16th February 2009, 08:36
We could get snow into the month of May sometimes...We usually get 3-4 good months of riding in if we are lucky, last year it rained so much, and who likes to be soaked all the time....that's no fun.

Lilly2w
16th February 2009, 08:40
You should definetly move, i'd be impossiable to live with if I had to go without for that long!

Brownbikerbabe
16th February 2009, 08:46
LOL! Move...yes good idea!:yes:

SDU
16th February 2009, 10:13
Won't be long now.
The girl I work with was saying you guys have had some off the heaviest snow falls this winter for awhile. hopefully your summer will be one off the best to make up for it.

klingon
16th February 2009, 11:15
We could get snow into the month of May sometimes...We usually get 3-4 good months of riding in if we are lucky, last year it rained so much, and who likes to be soaked all the time....that's no fun.

I got snowed in one year in JULY in the Rockies! They had put all the snow ploughs away for the summer so it was three days before we could get out! Madness!

Curious_AJ
17th February 2009, 19:15
omg snow... i've never seen snow... can I come visit you??

klingon
17th February 2009, 19:41
omg snow... i've never seen snow... can I come visit you??

You might be better to visit our local mountains in winter, AJ. The kind of snow they have in Canada is... like... SNOW. My brother lives near Calgary and ends up house-bound in winter with snow drifts piled up against the doors.

coffeejunkie
17th February 2009, 19:41
Yes brownbabe.....Time for a move.....I hear nz is great, the fact that i'm biast cuz i live here has nothing to do with it, hehehehe