PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a home - RRRS

The Stranger
16th February 2009, 18:13
Politics, got to love it.
RRRS may be looking for a new home and we could use your help.
If anyone has any ideas for a venue we would like to hear them please.

Requirements.
A space suitable for a classroom of up to 25 people.
Toilet facilities.
Hopefully tea/coffee making facilities.

We also need a space for practical which is sealed or concrete and needs to be 100m X 30m minimum. The space doesn't need to be entirely clear of trees or traffic islands etc but we do need a 100m clear. So for instance the carpark at the trusts stadium has traffic islands longitudinally so would be ok.

But we also need it to be clear on a Sunday. So the trusts stadium would not be suitable in this regard.

Kidmark and YR64L need not respond and you guys obviously have no fucken idea of length.

firefighter
16th February 2009, 18:16
Why can't you use your old location? (Not helpful I know but i'm curious as I worked there!)

piston broke
16th February 2009, 18:20
what about the mt welli kart track,where the buckets are raced?

The Pastor
16th February 2009, 18:32
try unitec at carrington? they have some sweet big carparks that im sure you can rent out for a few hrs on sunday. The toilets are open till 7pm i think

tide
16th February 2009, 18:35
don't know if it is suitable but Massy Uni out albany way might be worth a look

Neon
16th February 2009, 21:19
try unitec at carrington? they have some sweet big carparks that im sure you can rent out for a few hrs on sunday. The toilets are open till 7pm i think

Yep I second that one, there is a huge ass smooth bitumen carpark that would be perfect for this right here (http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=-36.882388,+174.707589&sll=-36.882388,174.707589&sspn=0.009526,0.022659&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr).

They don't appreciate uninvited bikers much though. :mad:

The Stranger
16th February 2009, 21:34
Why can't you use your old location? (Not helpful I know but i'm curious as I worked there!)

In short, I'm a security risk.

The Stranger
16th February 2009, 21:36
what about the mt welli kart track,where the buckets are raced?

Hmm, maybe.

What's the odds it would be available on a Sunday on a regular monthly basis. Say every third Sunday?

The Stranger
16th February 2009, 21:40

Great Scott. Will investigate that one thanks.

piston broke
16th February 2009, 21:42
Hmm, maybe.

What's the odds it would be available on a Sunday on a regular monthly basis. Say every third Sunday?

i'm not sure,
the buckets only use it once a month

Mrs Busa Pete
17th February 2009, 05:10
i'm not sure,
the buckets only use it once a month

And the kart club has it the rest of the time. Back to the thinking board.

Squiggles
17th February 2009, 08:18
Tamaki campus of Auckland university?

Nasty
17th February 2009, 08:24
Have you contacted your local council .. often they will have an idea of somewhere suitable .. or have somewhere suitable.

firefighter
17th February 2009, 08:34
In short, I'm a security risk.

:wacko: ahhhh, yes iv'e ssen all the new fence and "malarky" being set up, I guess the days have gone from where you could flash a hash brown from your mcdonalds at the gate and drive through.....(true we used to do that all the time)
Shitty thing is all the civvy contractors that still work there are as dodgy as ever (I still visit mates there) yet they are apparently ok!? :crazy:

I even heard they had a local standby (aircraft emergency) and the gate kept the NZFS out and would'nt let them in unless the aircraft had actually crashed!!!! NOT how it used to be, we used to talk with the other agencies, good luck to em' if anything happens and the assisting agencies have no idea where to go!