PDA

View Full Version : Coro loop holiday

Sidewinder
17th February 2009, 18:33
Ok me and a female mate of this site that will stay un_named are going on a road trip style holiday next week after the battle of the streets.
We are going to do the loop basicaly but wana try and take all week to do it. 1st night will be in coromandel and have things to do snice i use to live there. but does anyone have any ideas of were to stay and what to do in like whitianga, whangamata or waihi or any towns in between them?
were both going on our own bikes and taking a tent and sleeping bag so we dont have to worry about hotels or anything but just wana know some good little places to see.

churr churr

Scouse
17th February 2009, 18:48
Tell us Who's the chic then I will give you the information that you need.

Sidewinder
17th February 2009, 18:51
Tell us Who's the chic then I will give you the information that you need.

its MOM! nah you wont know her, i could just be making her up.........

Tone165
17th February 2009, 19:26
We stayed at Pauanui for 3 nites at van park. Its not famous for its nite life!

Good option for a cheap campsite with showers etc..

fizbin
21st February 2009, 13:59
Opeto (Spelling might be wrong there) and Otama are really nice beaches to spend the day at. could prob pitch a tent there to with out to much trouble. gravel road to get there but well worth it.

puddy
21st February 2009, 14:33
Ok me and a female mate of this site that will stay un_named are.........

churr churr
What.............she INSIST on not being named? So, Skidmark then is it?

Maha
21st February 2009, 14:37
its MOM! nah you wont know her, i could just be making her up.........

I hope she cooks me enough food for a week then!

slofox
21st February 2009, 14:43
Opeto (Spelling might be wrong there) and Otama are really nice beaches to spend the day at. could prob pitch a tent there to with out to much trouble. gravel road to get there but well worth it.

Seconded (it's OPITO BTW...). Otama has a camp ground of sorts. None at Opito but...pretty close together anyway.

AD345
21st February 2009, 18:58
At the Coroglen pub there is an interesection with the Tapu road.

About 4 or 5 k down there (all gravel) is a camping ground beside the river. Excellent little out of the way spot and there nothing like a nice dip in the river

carver
25th February 2009, 05:48
stay up on the top of the 309 road, if your GSXR will make it up

popelli
25th February 2009, 08:53
egans park

route 307 (or is it 309?)

free camping and one of the best swimming holes in the coromandels

Finn
25th February 2009, 09:01

2nd that. Otama is better than Opito and has a camp site with cabins as well as a bed and breakfast as you approach the beach. It is a dirt road but I've taken a sports bike on it without incident.

cave weta
25th February 2009, 09:05
opposite Prescotts garage by the Pauanui turn off there is a rosd that goes up a valley Puketui Valley road. follow to the camp ground at end. enjoy the walks and the goldmining relics head to the huge overhanging rock by the river and turn up the little track by the footbridge for the tahiti style swimming hole with waterfall. 120690

Call into my place in Waihi for your free coffee and goldmine tour!

Sidewinder
25th February 2009, 19:05
arhh just got back cut a lill short but still great.
went up to coromandel on monday and stayed at tucks bay which was nice and away from everyone, had a moring swim to wake us up and then it pissed down and had to hide out in the tent for an hour till it stoped then we packed up and went into town and had lunch by this time. After a feed we headed up to driving creeck railway and damb my mate is still working there 10 years later!
Went up in the train while amanda was trying to stay awake.................lol.
weather turned out mint once we got off the train so went back into town and grabed some food and water and some piss and tryed to get it all into our jamed packed bags!
stoped at a beach just past matarangi and had a few beers and a walk around and a few pictures, then headed on to whitianga and had a drink at the pub and went to new world. then back on the road plaining to stop at coroglenn while i came flying around a corner and found a cop in front of me lol, had another drink at coroglenn and then went to haihea. Damb the beach is nice there, white sand, clear water, you and clearly see the sand through like 2metres of water, bit cold tho, and yea stay the night there had some more swims and walks then headed home that avo, aka today!
will put some pics up when we put them on the compter

carver
25th February 2009, 21:28
sounds good dude, did the cop talk to ya?