PDA

View Full Version : Made my morning - he nodded

Pascal
18th February 2009, 06:39
This whole head nodding thing (There are threads on it - search) is rather funny. I enjoy it, there's a sense of cameraderie about it. But this morning, some chap on a naked bike heading West on Greenlane about 6:30am took it to the next level.

Instead of a nod, he popped a massive, hundred meter (Yeah, probably less) wheelie as he accelerated away from the lights. Insane, yes, but seeing that wheel dangling in the air with the engine so naked and open underneath it... :sighs:

That was a thing of beauty and left me grinning for the rest of the ride. So, whoever you are, you're insane but thank you for that.

beyond
18th February 2009, 17:35
You're welcome... anytime mate :)

Tone165
18th February 2009, 18:16
I was riding from Waiouru to Auckland once many years ago, and as I rode thru the Pine forest twisties south of Taupo, I came upon a young fella on a sporty in full leathers.

As he approached, he stood up on his pegs...and threw his arms up..like you would expect a runner to do as he broke thru the tape to win Olympic gold.

That was over 20yrs ago, but it still is as clear as yesterday to me, and represents in my mind, the expression of "Joie de vivre" (French for "The Joy of Life")

Yeah yeah..I cant spell french!

The only thing I have seen that comes close to the purity of that gesture since....Dolphins jumping out of the water!

Bikers are in good company dont you think!!!!

Oh...and well done the wheelie guy...even if that sort of behaviour is a bit irresponsible!

varminter
18th February 2009, 18:50
Can one get lessons to learn that wheelie stuff, I'd love to try:yes:

Oakie
18th February 2009, 19:24

A bit like getting lessons in Russian Roulette IMHO. Not a thing I have any desire to do but yeah, I do remember a year or so ago watching in awe as a guy pulled away from me as the lights turned green and pulled a very smooth wheelie for 50 odd metres I guess.

nudemetalz
19th February 2009, 09:37

The best way to learn is to borrow or purchase a Honda XR250 and learn off road. That way, if you fall off or flip it over, no big deal.
Plus they are easy to get on the back wheel.

Mystic13
19th February 2009, 10:14
The best way to learn is to borrow or purchase a Honda XR250 and learn off road. That way, if you fall off or flip it over, no big deal.
Plus they are easy to get on the back wheel.

Or buy a rat bike and gear it right down. Strip the rubbish off and throw a cage on... hang on that's a stunting bike. Check out the stunt forum for more info. You'll not only learn to wheelie but to wheelie slowly going in circles.

Or borrow a friends bike.

breakaway
19th February 2009, 12:32
Some guy did the most perfect wheelie down Mt Albert rd, all the way from the Pah Rd intersection to the Hillsborough Rd intersection. Impressive.

MarkH
19th February 2009, 17:05

Get 12 O'Clock bars fitted.

Blackshear
19th February 2009, 17:09
2-strokes are the best to learn on. That snap in the power delivery really helps to get the front wheel up if you're new :bleh: