PDA

View Full Version : $57,000 CB750 - Wrenchmonkees

Paulo
19th February 2009, 11:12
I love the work the Wrenchmonkees guys from Denmark do, really nice custom cafes and flat-trackers with older Japanese and Bristish iron, But I cant believe the price of this CB750, $174,000 Dkr = $57,000 NZD . Guess there's people out there with more $$ than time.

http://www.wrenchmonkees.com/

R6_kid
19th February 2009, 11:53
Bikes are generally expensive in Denmark. But think about it. Every single one of their bikes gets a full strip down and rebuild, and unique customisation. Not really different to chopper builders expecting $80-120k for some fancy bent steel and a nice paint job.

HenryDorsetCase
19th February 2009, 12:04
I'm one of the people with more money than time (well at least until recently :( )

I think thats fantastic and one of the nicest custom CB's Ive ever seen.

Paulo
19th February 2009, 12:15
I agree it's a thing of beauty and it is the nicest CB I've seen as well, R6 thats a good point ( i had no idea custom choppers sold for so much) I know they've tweaked everything they can on this. a load of work for sure. This bike is on show at tThe Copenhagen Museum of Art and Design at the moment. I love the relocated oil tank and the copper pipes, all the details are superb.

better get me a lotto ticket then.

R6_kid
19th February 2009, 12:16
I'd buy up no less than 5 of their bikes on the projects page if I had the money. I've been in contact with them discussing ideas for a project I have in mind. :niceone:

R6_kid
19th February 2009, 12:31
Check this little beastie out http://www.wrenchmonkees.com/monkee04.html

I like the thought thats gone into it - look at the front brake. It has a hydraulic caliper, yet the brake lever is cable operated.

If you look at the 6th and 7th pics you can see the cable comes down to a rear brake styled master cylinder under the seat, which then runs a hydraulic line down under tank and out to the front caliper. All very tidy, and i sorta went :blink: when i first saw the master cylinder where it is!

Paulo
19th February 2009, 12:44
Dang Thats nice, they have so many fresh ideas, I like there style it's less bling than a lot of builders . Also like there choice of simple colors and raw looking materials. My own CB project is british racing green (more like Japanese cruising green the way I ride) I'm trying to find a local source for those vintage firestone tyres too , they look niiice.

Whats your project R6 ?

pete376403
19th February 2009, 19:37
Check this little beastie out http://www.wrenchmonkees.com/monkee04.html

I like the thought thats gone into it - look at the front brake. It has a hydraulic caliper, yet the brake lever is cable operated.

If you look at the 6th and 7th pics you can see the cable comes down to a rear brake styled master cylinder under the seat, which then runs a hydraulic line down under tank and out to the front caliper. All very tidy, and i sorta went :blink: when i first saw the master cylinder where it is!

The first of the BMWs with disk brakes (R90s?) used this idea. The brakes were crap, because of the cable outer compressing.

piston broke
19th February 2009, 19:45
I love the work the Wrenchmonkees guys from Denmark do, really nice custom cafes and flat-trackers with older Japanese and Bristish iron, But I cant believe the price of this CB750, $174,000 Dkr = $57,000 NZD . Guess there's people out there with more $$ than time.

http://www.wrenchmonkees.com/

really cool,
but is that a photoshop,i ask as what are those tyres?

98tls
19th February 2009, 19:48
They do some well classy work,those that cant but have money will pretty much pay whatever is asked i guess.

eelracing
20th February 2009, 02:24
V cool pics R6 kid but my eyes are always gonna get drawn to that hideous front tyre as it looks way out of proportion to the rest of the bike.But yes very classy workmanship.

SixPackBack
20th February 2009, 05:56
Nice bikes allright, 'specially the SR500. The tyres however make me shudder.

jonbuoy
20th February 2009, 06:04
It looks really nice and clean but seems way overpriced unless that motor has been seriously worked over. And those balloon car tyres gotta go.

toycollector10
20th February 2009, 11:46
The link below will take you to the Single Overhead Cam Four forum's "Bike of the Month" winners.

I was a bit chuffed to be the inaugural winner back in June 2006 :first:

Most of the bikes featured have been restored or modified into cafe racers or customs by their owners. Swapping parts with other forum members and generally helping each other out.

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=15381.0

Paulo
20th February 2009, 13:01
really cool,
but is that a photoshop,i ask as what are those tyres?

Nah not photoshop, I read somewhere the wheels / rims are from a harley,

Nice Link Toycollector, I must trawl through the sohc4 site there's so much information and wisdom. And congrats on the win You must have been proud of that one. :niceone:

Sidewinder
20th February 2009, 13:07
why would you bother you wouldnt wana fuck it so ud ride it slow or not at all just like a ducati rider, but atleast the cb750 will last better than a ducati snice its not a pile of shit