PDA

View Full Version : RIP Shelley the rat

MyGSXF
19th February 2009, 20:14
Lots of tears in our house tonight.. & am putting this up here, because lots of KB'rs have been at our home, met our girls & had cuddles..

We had to put our darling rattie, Shelley down today.. :weep: she had a big uterine tumor.. that grew so fast :shit:

& we took Minnie to a lady in town who also loves ratties, so she would still have some rattie friends to play & snuggle up with, as they are highly sociable animals.

I know a lot of people don't like rats.. but domesticated ratties like our girls are great pets.. they are very intelligent, playful, snuggly, inquisitive animals & are lots of fun to have around. They are also very clean & do not smell.. & even used a litter tray! :yes:

The boys are gutted.. (as am I) it has been extra hard, since also losing our darling cat Van, only in Dec :bye:

Here's a couple of pics..

Shelley is the larger of the two, with the golden tan patch right round her head & down her back.. Minnie is the smaller & patchier one

RIP Shelley rattie.. we love you..

Curious_AJ
19th February 2009, 20:19
omg... I have two boy rats... I can only imagine how sad you guys are to have to put shelley down... lots of hugs from me!!

however, they do small, being male and all.. they tend to pee lots, like all males. however, I love them and would hate to lose them... It's a good thing that you gave minnie to someone else too, you did the right thing...

so no more rats then?

Headbanger
19th February 2009, 20:20
Fuck me, Its a rat.

98tls
19th February 2009, 20:24
Fuck me, Its a rat. What he said but hey if you guys loved it :shit:him/her then i feel ya pain,sorry for your loss better place etc.

gammaguy
19th February 2009, 20:24
i used to breed rats and i love them to bits,they are an awesome animal.

i cant keep them here because my greyhounds dont understand they are not dinner:(

i know how tough it is to lose a friend,no matter how small in size they are.

rats are very prone to tumours sadly,i lost one of mine the same way.

my condolences for your loss

MyGSXF
19th February 2009, 20:30
What he said but hey if you guys loved it :shit:him/her then i feel ya pain,sorry for your loss better place etc.

This is what is was all about hun.. :yes:

Curious_AJ
19th February 2009, 20:35
This is what is was all about hun.. :yes:

awww so cute!! I have similar pics of me with mine, usually shortly before they peed on me :D

MyGSXF
19th February 2009, 20:38
omg... I have two boy rats... however, they do small, being male and all.. they tend to pee lots, like all males. however, I love them and would hate to lose them... It's a good thing that you gave minnie to someone else too, you did the right thing...

so no more rats then?

lols.. small world when people get talking!! :laugh:

The girls were really good.. they could "hold on" while we had them out of their cage for a run around.. & would shoot straight into their litter tray & have a huge pee, when put back in their cage!! :shutup:

We thought about keeping Minnie & getting another girl.. but decided to give her to a new home instead.. Jess started College this year & has after school things happening more now.. so tis better that she goes to a home where she will get the best time & attention possible.. & she has 4 new playmates & a devoted rattie owner!!! :2thumbsup

I know the new owner, so we do get visitation rights... :yes:

MyGSXF
19th February 2009, 20:59
i used to breed rats and i love them to bits,they are an awesome animal.

Indeed they are!! Very individual personalities too aye.. was quite funny meeting the other 4 girls tonight & seeing how different they all are! ;)

Shelley was the snuggly one.. quite often when I was sitting here in my puter chair in the evening, she would curl up in my shirt & go to sleep!! :shutup: & Minnie is the energetic one, she would cruise round the floors looking for things to investigate closer!! :shifty:

Although our old cat Van, would watch them.. she knew she wasn't allowed to hurt them :oi-grr:

pic 1. Shelley snuggly buggly asleep in Jesse's slipper..

pic 2. Princess Minnie

Laava
19th February 2009, 21:26
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4X6VPyZ0b7U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4X6VPyZ0b7U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MyGSXF
20th February 2009, 08:06
and people wonder why all the real bikers are leaving kb

This thread was put up for the many KB'rs who I have opened my home to, while on their travels.. & who have all been fascinated by the ratties & enjoyed their fun.. many meeting a rat up close for the first time.

My kids are 6 & 12 & are devastated at the loss of another pet so soon after losing our beloved cat.

It was not put up so a troll like yourself could make some inflammatory remark. If you don't like the thread, then bugger off to troll another one!

Maybe jus for once in your life.. you could have a small fraction of compassion for another human being & keep your comments to yourself. :oi-grr:

Okey Dokey
20th February 2009, 08:18
Sorry for your loss. It sounds like ratty Shelley was one spoiled/lucky rat with you there to look after her.

Brownbikerbabe
20th February 2009, 09:00
Sorry to hear of your loss. A family member is a family member no matter what species! Hugs!

helenoftroy
20th February 2009, 15:50
Lots of tears in our house tonight.. & am putting this up here, because lots of KB'rs have been at our home, met our girls & had cuddles..

Your girls were gorgeous,and I was lucky enough to have cuddles!!

Sad for you and your boys Jen....:hug:

When Casualty(Sam) was about 9 he persuaded me to get a rat for him,was amazed at what a loveable,tactile intelligent little creature he was.Unfortunately,we only had him for a short time....

007XX
20th February 2009, 15:56
Sorry to hear mate. I used to have a couple of pet mice and they were a lot of fun.

Having to put down a loved family pet is one of the most gut wrenching experiences and I don't envy you in having had to make the call, even though it is the most human way to help them.

Time heals all wounds eventually. Hugs to you and your boys.