PDA

View Full Version : Highway Cops

Grahameeboy
19th February 2009, 20:36
I don't normally moanabout cops, however, once again I saw a Highway Cop tailgating some car on the motorway to the extent that they were constantly having to brake...car was doing nothing wrong and was clearly intimated and was trying to get into the next lane...I have seen this a lot lately...

Whats the story on this...

3umph
19th February 2009, 20:37
take a photo and rego number and put a complaint in about the car

or call *555 with the rego number of the car...

they have to drive to the road rules as well

SixPackBack
19th February 2009, 20:38
Cop smokers??

peasea
19th February 2009, 20:49
I don't normally about cops, however, once again I saw a Highway Cop tailgating some car on the motorway to the extent that they were constantly having to brake...car was doing nothing wrong and was clearly intimated and was trying to get into the next lane...I have seen this a lot lately...

They do what they like, it's simple. Make a complaint and they'll white-wash it.

Grahameeboy
19th February 2009, 20:51
They do what they like, it's simple. Make a complaint and they'll white-wash it.

Seems that way eh.......

The Pastor
19th February 2009, 20:51
Cop smokers??
they have to incinerate the wacky some how aye

Grahameeboy
19th February 2009, 20:52
Cop smokers??

Opps..corrected....

peasea
19th February 2009, 20:54
Seems that way eh.......

Sorry if I appear rude but.....it doesn't SEEM that way, it IS that way.

Grahameeboy
19th February 2009, 20:58
Sorry if I appear rude but.....it doesn't SEEM that way, it IS that way.

Not rude....just honest...must admit that the UK cops come across as a lot more Professional on those Docos....

Fatjim
19th February 2009, 20:58
Why don't people learn. If the cunt behind you won't adjust their following distance to your speed, adjust your speed to their following distance.

Or in this case, just throw a donut into another lane.

3umph
19th February 2009, 21:00

I don't think so...you may not get a reply to the outcome but if his actions are dangerous I think they will look at the complaint...

Police are not 10 foot tall and bullet proof... they are just normal humans

peasea
19th February 2009, 21:02
Why don't people learn. If the cunt behind you won't adjust their following distance to your speed, adjust your speed to their following distance.

Or better; DO a donut in another lane!

Grahameeboy
19th February 2009, 21:03

A quick pull of the handbrake is a good one....no point wasting a good donut

peasea
19th February 2009, 21:03
I don't think so...you may not get a reply to the outcome but if his actions are dangerous I think they will look at the complaint...

That's funny, you should do stand-up.

After you've seen cops lie in the box you might change your tune. Until then, all the best to you in your fantasy world mate..............

Grahameeboy
19th February 2009, 21:04

I once reported an off duty cop for parking in a disabled space and not caring...the Sarge called me back and they gave her a good ticking off...

Grahameeboy
19th February 2009, 21:05

After you've seen cops lie in the box you might change your tune. Until then, all the best to you in your fantasy world mate..............

As 3umph says, they are normal humans and have survival instincts...glad I am not normal

SixPackBack
19th February 2009, 21:09
I once reported an off duty cop for parking in a disabled space and not caring...the Sarge called me back and they gave her a good ticking off...

How devastating, bet she never slept for a week:whistle:

maxlev
19th February 2009, 21:12
I don't normally moanabout cops, however, once again I saw a Highway Cop tailgating some car on the motorway to the extent that they were constantly having to brake...car was doing nothing wrong and was clearly intimated and was trying to get into the next lane...I have seen this a lot lately...

The cop wants the car to go a bit faster so some revenue can be extracted. This is called "pushing" and was done to me in the Dome Valley, I flashed the brake light a few times and the muftie car did a u turn and headed towards Warkworth.

3umph
19th February 2009, 21:12
As 3umph says, they are normal humans and have survival instincts...glad I am not normal

define normal....:doctor::bleh::chase::clap::Pokey::bugge rd::girlfight:

98tls
19th February 2009, 21:13
They do what they like, it's simple. Make a complaint and they'll white-wash it. :bash:Farkin honkies,all tarred with the same brush.

Grahameeboy
19th February 2009, 21:15
define normal....:doctor::bleh::chase::clap::Pokey::bugge rd::girlfight:

Well not like everyone else....like

peasea
:bash:Farkin honkies,all tarred with the same brush.

Meep, meep.

3umph
The cop wants the car to go a bit faster so some revenue can be extracted. This is called "pushing" and was done to me in the Dome Valley, I flashed the brake light a few times and the muftie car did a u turn and headed towards Warkworth.
jump on the brakes... if he hits you its his fault and has some extra paperwork to do... got told that one of the worst things you can do is crash a cop car and be to blame for it

Grahameeboy

It was 5pm today...he was just driving like a Kiwi...

SixPackBack
19th February 2009, 21:17
jump on the brakes... if he hits you its his fault and has some extra paperwork to do... got told that one of the worst things you can do is crash a cop car and be to blame for it

Brilliant!........fail to see the logic when traffic cuntsatble runs over the top of me gixxer:mellow:

3umph
19th February 2009, 21:18
Brilliant!........fail to see the logic when traffic cuntsatble runs over the top of me gixxer:mellow:
opps only if you are in a car....

Grahameeboy
19th February 2009, 21:18
How devastating, bet she never slept for a week:whistle:

That's right..I kept her up every night....seriously though she got caught...that's all that matters..what happens after is of no major concern to me...

peasea
19th February 2009, 21:19

What do you call a two-day old Brazillian?
Cuntstubble.

Oh my god, I've fallen off my chair again!

3umph
19th February 2009, 21:21

don't do it to often... you may break it and then you willl be stuffed

SixPackBack
19th February 2009, 21:22

In a what?

Grahameeboy
19th February 2009, 21:22

It was a gixxer though...

Grahameeboy
19th February 2009, 21:23
What do you call a two-day old Brazillian?
Cuntstubble.

You need one of those pensioner's alarms mate so you can call the Ambo's

SixPackBack
19th February 2009, 21:25
It was a gixxer though...

True. cunstable will need air support to catch that puppy

3umph
19th February 2009, 21:25
In a what?

opps... 4 wheeled closed in cage thingy...

sorry I will do 500 line....

a 4 wheel thingy is a cage
etc etc

Grahameeboy
19th February 2009, 21:28
True. cunstable will need air support to catch that puppy

not in this state eh....

3umph
19th February 2009, 21:29
not in this state eh....

umm.... that wont go to far:doh:

Grahameeboy
19th February 2009, 21:32
umm.... that wont go to far:doh:
Yeah..bit like Sixbelly...doesn't get out much

3umph
19th February 2009, 21:34

lol...

Grahameeboy
19th February 2009, 21:35
lol...

When do you get let out....;)

3umph
19th February 2009, 21:38
When do you get let out....;)

only in the weekend... my phyo.... physio....phyco.... dam doctor said I was doing real well :hug:

SixPackBack
19th February 2009, 21:39

61K and never been down, still got the licence:Punk:....'course caftan wearers on lesser bikes would struggle [or my cock's a cactus]

Grahameeboy
19th February 2009, 21:54
61K and never been down, still got the licence BACK....'course caftan wearers on lesser bikes would struggle [or my cock's a cactus]
:Punk:

Pinnochio had the same problem

SixPackBack
19th February 2009, 21:56
:Punk:

Pinnochio had the same problem

Wrong bike. Try and keep up!

Grahameeboy
19th February 2009, 22:01
Wrong bike. Try and keep up!

Admit it...I'm winning....

SixPackBack
19th February 2009, 22:06
Admit it...I'm winning....

Not on that Sv you ain't.......your flaccid wrist don't help!

ElCoyote
20th February 2009, 09:22

What he said and raise one:niceone:

scumdog
20th February 2009, 09:33
not in this state eh....

I dunno, looks like your average gixxr to me...

vifferman
20th February 2009, 10:02
It's not wrong for us to expect a high(is) standard of driving from our police, is it? :confused:
A couple of weeks ago, one did a u-turn in front of me, without indicating, then a right turn shortly afterwards (no indication again), then turned into a driveway a few hundred metres further on, and finally remembered to indicate after he'd initiated the turn.

davereid
20th February 2009, 10:27
It's not wrong for us to expect a high(is) standard of driving from our police, is it? :confused:

The local police have changed the way they get to the main road. (They used to sit behind old ladies at the traffic lights with the disco lights on until the old girls broke into tears, or pulled into the traffic against the lights.)

Now they blast past my workshop, avoiding the traffic lights, but gaining an off camber corner. Iwas gettn a pie (oops fruit juice) from the dairy by the corner on Monday and a well crossed up police commodore came around the corner. Judging by the whites of his eyes, he had long since given up hope of getting it right. I think luck was on his side that day, as the often busy intersection was deserted.

Most young cops grew up driving front-wheel drive cars. I think the different handling characteristics of rear wheel drive cars catch them out.

Old bastards like me enjoyed a youf of rear wheel drive V8s...

Hanging the back out around endless corners, with rubber peeling off as you supped from your flagon was the stuff of endless saturday nights.

It wasn't until I got a front wheel drive car that I had an off !

Patrick
20th February 2009, 10:47
not in this state eh....

That shit'll buff out... where is the twink?

mogiman
20th February 2009, 10:54
I was waiting to turn right into mt eden road three kings from landscape road end,
Saw some flashing lights coming up the hill so waited .
cop came up the hill doing at least 120 hung it out round the corner through a crossing (this is about 7.30 in summer),just as someone was pulling out from getting there fish and chip, cop smashed into the drivers door.
It was incredible to watch the other car free rolled about 50m down the road and drove into a fence and stopped ,
the cop got out and ran to the back of his car to check on his dog ,all the cars stopped people running from the shops,both cars were write offs ,
yet the cop was more interested in his dog ,
I would hate to think what the person in the car was like ,as the impact was right on there door ,was bloody scary the sound was incredible the cop was young ,
when i saw him coming up the hill i didnt think he was going to even make the corner,
if i hadnt been a bike rider i wouldnt have been so aware of my surrounding and it could have been me ,it was @#$%in scary !!!!
Whats the old saying it not the speed that kills it the sudden stop at the end

3umph
20th February 2009, 10:54
The local police have changed the way they get to the main road. (They used to sit behind old ladies at the traffic lights with the disco lights on until the old girls broke into tears, or pulled into the traffic against the lights.)

Now they blast past my workshop, avoiding the traffic lights, but gaining an off camber corner. Iwas gettn a pie (oops fruit juice) from the dairy by the corner on Monday and a well crossed up police commodore came around the corner. Judging by the whites of his eyes, he had long since given up hope of getting it right. I think luck was on his side that day, as the often busy intersection was deserted.

Most young cops grew up driving front-wheel drive cars. I think the different handling characteristics of rear wheel drive cars catch them out.

Old bastards like me enjoyed a youf of rear wheel drive V8s...

Hanging the back out around endless corners, with rubber peeling off as you supped from your flagon was the stuff of endless saturday nights.

It wasn't until I got a front wheel drive car that I had an off !

back in the old days when you could drink and drive and sex was safe....

scumdog
20th February 2009, 11:03
I was waiting to turn right into mt eden road three kings from landscape road end saw some flashing lights coming up the hill so waited cop came up the hill doing at least 120 hung it out round the corner through a crossing (this is about 7.30 in summer)just as someone was pulling out from getting there fish and chip and smashed into the drivers door it was incredible to watch the other car free rolled about 50m down the road and drove into a fence and stopped ,the cop got out and ran to the back of his car to check on his dog all the cars stopped people running from the shops,both cars were write offs yet the cop was more interested in his dog ,I would hate to think what the person in the car was like as the impact was right on there door was bloody scary the sound was incredible the cop was young ,when i saw him coming up the hill i didnt think he was going to even make the corner, if i hadnt been a bike rider i wouldnt have been so aware of my surrounding and it could have been me ,it was @#$%in scary !!!!

You lost me on the third line or so......:blink:

There's only so much missing punctuation an old geezer like me can take.

vifferman
20th February 2009, 11:08
You lost me on the third line or so......:blink:

Here ya go, ScumOf Dog: the condensed version:
"flashing lights ... cop doing 120 ....smashed into drivers door ...sudden stop"

mogiman
20th February 2009, 11:15
[QUOTE=scumdog;1944817]You lost me on the third line or so......:blink:

English was never my strong point and my 20year old keyboard with keys that dont work or work very well dosnt help ,At least its not text speak that would stuff ya :)

mogiman
20th February 2009, 11:18
"flashing lights ... cop doing 120 ....smashed into drivers door ...sudden stop"

fect........

Mikkel
20th February 2009, 11:32
I dunno, looks like your average gixxr to me...

...in the penultimate state of the gixxer evolution.

Stage one: Materials goes into factory.
Stage two: Motorcycle.
Stage three: Broken motorcycle.
Stage four: Parts.

Patrick
20th February 2009, 11:40

How dare the dog handler speed to get to the burglars on/rape/whatever... what was he thinking......

Cornering at 120??? He must have had racing slicks on...

Piss poor crashing tho... and worse he went to the dog first..... (no such thing as a "young" handler = newish noob. They all have a lot of years under their belts...).

Good story though......

Mikkel
20th February 2009, 11:57
and worse he went to the dog first.....

Hmm, dunno how I feel about that. Cops are just human and are just as vulnerable to the shock of crashing as everyone else. I don't know how many people here have been in a crash, but my experiences suggests that you're not always thinking that straight (or humanely) just after the crash. In a word you go into survival mode and start off by looking after yourself and yours.

Now, if the bystanders had gone off to look after the dog first - that would have been bad.

mogiman
20th February 2009, 12:02
First point blindish corner ,second point ped crossing ,third point populated area ,Im pretty sure the guy would have been no older than 25
Yes he was obviously on a way to a job and yes he had a job to do
ok fine to do those speeds to a job if you can see whats ahead of you,but everything about what happened was dangerous.. ,so to slow down for 5-10 seconds wouldnt have made any difference to where he was going no excuses for it .

Grahameeboy
20th February 2009, 12:20
2 cars had a minor shunt just where the Shelly's Beach Road is...2 Highway Patrol Cars and 1 unmarked cop car caming screaming down through all the traffic on motorway to attend...

Patrick
20th February 2009, 12:34
Hmm, dunno how I feel about that. Cops are just human and are just as vulnerable to the shock of crashing as everyone else. I don't know how many people here have been in a crash, but my experiences suggests that you're not always thinking that straight (or humanely) just after the crash. In a word you go into survival mode and start off by looking after yourself and yours.

Now, if the bystanders had gone off to look after the dog first - that would have been bad.

Fair call... The dog is actually part of the handlers family, so go figure... As for the bystanders checking the dog, yep that would be bad.... they don't like strangers.....

First point blindish corner ,second point ped crossing ,third point populated area ,Im pretty sure the guy would have been no older than 25
Yes he was obviously on a way to a job and yes he had a job to do
ok fine to do those speeds to a job if you can see whats ahead of you,but everything about what happened was dangerous.. ,so to slow down for 5-10 seconds wouldnt have made any difference to where he was going no excuses for it .

True... Gotta get there to be of any use first, ay...?

2 cars had a minor shunt just where the Shelly's Beach Road is...2 Highway Patrol Cars and 1 unmarked cop car caming screaming down through all the traffic on motorway to attend...

Every minute the road remains blocked on the motorway in Orks, the tail grows by a kilometre. That is why they hurry...... The sooner the orad is cleared, the sooner the tail stops growing worse....

Grahameeboy
20th February 2009, 12:40
Fair call... The dog is actually part of the handlers family, so go figure... As for the bystanders checking the dog, yep that would be bad.... they don't like strangers.....

True... Gotta get there to be of any use first, ay...?

Every minute the road remains blocked on the motorway in Orks, the tail grows by a kilometre. That is why they hurry...... The sooner the orad is cleared, the sooner the tail stops growing worse....

But they were not blocking traffic...

scumdog
20th February 2009, 12:48

Until a cop gets there it's not confirmed.

Have you ever heard the contrdicting/inaccurate info we get from the public??

It goes both ways, -
"Car rolled, multiple injuries, persons trapped" = car rolled forwards down a hill into a parked car, nil injury, only the car 'trapped'.

"Car off the road after running into ditch, can't see anybody hurt probably won't even need a tow-truck" = car into tree-stump in ditch, one dead, two injured....
:rolleyes:

Patrick
20th February 2009, 13:04

Doesn't stop the rubber necked budgies driving past, though.....

As long as they are parked up at the side, normal traffic flow doesn't resume.....

Sidewinder
20th February 2009, 13:09
shot the fuckers, run them off the road with a semi, tap open the gas and going flying past them on the back wheel given them the finger

Patrick
20th February 2009, 13:12
shot the fuckers, run them off the road with a semi, tap open the gas and going flying past them on the back wheel given them the finger

You can get a semi truck up on the back wheel??????????????????? That, I gotta see....

Or ...

You can get a semi up on the back wheel???????? That, I don't wanna see, ya sick perv.....

Dave Lobster
20th February 2009, 13:31

I've reported a few. Sometimes good result, sometimes not. Most of the ones I've reported were mufti ones, and I didn't realise they were police until I got a phone call.
Good result:
Inspector something rang to apologise that one of his men was weaving all over the lanes on Manukau Road at seven in the morning. Excuse? He was tired and had been to an armed robbery. Sorry.. a policeman SHOULD know better than to drive when that tired.
Bad result:
Police car full of plain clothed mates on a Saturday cruising down the northern motorway (to Mitre 10) at 130-140km/h in the overtaking lane. Phone call to say this isn't illegal. I kid you not..

SPman
20th February 2009, 13:40
Or the sudden Cop at the end.......

peasea
20th February 2009, 14:07
Police car full of plain clothed mates on a Saturday cruising down the northern motorway (to Mitre 10) at 130-140km/h in the overtaking lane. Phone call to say this isn't illegal. I kid you not..

I'm utterly aghast. Not.

It CAN work in your favour though. Not so long ago I got off the I/I ferry at Picton and got to cruising along behind a police stationwagon. "Crap" I thought, "this is gonna be a slow 100kph trip back to Nelson". Not so. Just out of Spring Creek he pulls to the left and slows, so did I. (I'm not that stupid.) So, he gets back on the gas and trundles along at 120-odd. "This'll do me" I thought and we sit on that for ages until I look down and spot the needle happily poised at 130. Then it started raining, no let up on the speed from either of us.

We were stopped for a while at the base of the Whangamoa's while a truck was righted (big crane etc) then it was all go over the hills where the bugger got away from me in a hail storm. After reaching the flat again, in the pissing rain, I motored along at 130-140 and managed to catch up with him just before town where I turned off. (Not before giving him a friendly couple of high beam flashes.)

I got a good look at his face in the rear view mirror of the s/w while we were waiting for the crane to finish up and I recall the rego number of the s/w. If he ever stops me for speeding I'll be sure to bring all this up.

scumdog
20th February 2009, 14:25
As above, it can also work against the plods - in a 'work' car you catch up with somebody doing 95kph+-, follow them for a bit, cars build up behind so you overtake Mr95kph, all other cars follow so all sweet you think.

Next day Mr95kph phones your boss to moan and says he was 'doing just about 100kph' and a marked patrol car overtook him and 'it had to be doing almost 115kph at least to pass me, what right does he have to do that?.'

So sometimes driving a marked patrol car is the slowest way to get anywhere...

Dave Lobster
20th February 2009, 14:30
Next day Mr95kph phones your boss to moan and says he was 'doing just about 100kph' and a marked patrol car overtook him and 'it had to be doing almost 115kph at least to pass me, what right does he have to do that?.'

Must be an ex cop to have such an accurate speed guesser ;)

Mikkel
20th February 2009, 14:40
As above, it can also work against the plods - in a 'work' car you catch up with somebody doing 95kph+-, follow them for a bit, cars build up behind so you overtake Mr95kph, all other cars follow so all sweet you think.

Yep, you can never please everybody at the same time.

Pissing everybody off on the other hand... :yes:

Patrick
20th February 2009, 14:41
I'm utterly aghast. Not.

It CAN work in your favour though. Not so long ago I got off the I/I ferry at Picton and got to cruising along behind a police stationwagon. "Crap" I thought, "this is gonna be a slow 100kph trip back to Nelson". Not so. Just out of Spring Creek he pulls to the left and slows, so did I. (I'm not that stupid.) So, he gets back on the gas and trundles along at 120-odd. "This'll do me" I thought and we sit on that for ages until I look down and spot the needle happily poised at 130. Then it started raining, no let up on the speed from either of us.

We were stopped for a while at the base of the Whangamoa's while a truck was righted (big crane etc) then it was all go over the hills where the bugger got away from me in a hail storm. After reaching the flat again, in the pissing rain, I motored along at 130-140 and managed to catch up with him just before town where I turned off. (Not before giving him a friendly couple of high beam flashes.)

I got a good look at his face in the rear view mirror of the s/w while we were waiting for the crane to finish up and I recall the rego number of the s/w. If he ever stops me for speeding I'll be sure to bring all this up.

Score is already 1 all... you were doing 130 - 140 without getting a ticket, you didn't have a moan...

Who is to say that the same car won't have someone else in it either...? They aint personal issue, ya know....

3umph
20th February 2009, 14:42
Yeah I understand that Scumdog... I do a bit of work for the Chch police with my business and get to drive quite a few marked cars around here and there...
It's amazing how many people slow to quite a bit under the speed limit when you are behind them or put on seatbelts, get the kids to sit down etc etc...

my favorite funny day was when I was stopped in a long line of traffic at some lights and a bike came roaring up and stopped at the rear corner of the car when he saw the marked car.... I wound down the window and signaled him up to it and then told him I was not a policeman so carry on...

the look on the fellows face to begin with was priceless

I can also see why a lot of people get pulled up as you can see the change in people when a marked police car is about... some can not even look at the car/driver and make them self look really guilty of something even if they are not....

peasea
20th February 2009, 14:46
Score is already 1 all... you were doing 130 - 140 without getting a ticket, you didn't have a moan...

Who is to say that the same car won't have someone else in it either...? They aint personal issue, ya know....

I didn't mean to bait him with it, I'd be more inclined to buy him a beer for not taking all day to get home and as I said, I got a good look at him.

I wasn't moaning, it was a great ride, even in bad weather.

Patrick
20th February 2009, 14:47
I didn't mean to bait him with it, ...

Ya lost me... this aint like you... where are you, Mr Peasea...?

peasea
20th February 2009, 14:50
Ya lost me... this aint like you... where are you, Mr Peasea...?

True! I was grateful for a quick trip from the ferry, I'd ridden from Orks and was looking forward to a bourbon. The last thing I needed was a boring 100kph final leg.

I'm at home, where are you?

vifferman
20th February 2009, 14:50
Perhaps they were all under quota and trying to be first to ticket the drivers?

Patrick
20th February 2009, 14:53
Perhaps they were all under quota and trying to be first to ticket the drivers?

Yeah... that'll be it... You forgot the flybuys earned..... almost got enough for a poxy chinese made toaster meself....

vifferman
20th February 2009, 14:55
I wound down the window and signaled him up to it and then told him I was on a policeman .

:eek5:
You were on a policeman?!? Sitting, or lying? :confused:

peasea
20th February 2009, 14:55
Yeah... that'll be it... You forgot the flybuys earned..... almost got enough for a poxy chinese made toaster meself....

You get Fly Buys??? No wonder you have more than one bike. Tiny mortgage have ya? Beach house?

peasea
20th February 2009, 14:57

If there's a policeman involved I guess 'lying' would be the operative word.:woohoo:

3umph
20th February 2009, 14:58
sorry brain was to fast for my fat fingers... fixed now:innocent:

Patrick
20th February 2009, 15:14
You get Fly Buys??? No wonder you have more than one bike. Tiny mortgage have ya? Beach house?

1. Ya think???
2. Who hasn't?
3 and 4. I wish.....

sorry brain was to fast for my fat fingers... fixed now:innocent:

It was funnier before....

peasea
20th February 2009, 15:19
1. Ya think???
2. Who hasn't?
3 and 4. I wish.....

It was funnier before....

2. Me

And yes, wasn't it?

Grahameeboy
20th February 2009, 15:23
Until a cop gets there it's not confirmed.

Have you ever heard the contrdicting/inaccurate info we get from the public??

It goes both ways, -
"Car rolled, multiple injuries, persons trapped" = car rolled forwards down a hill into a parked car, nil injury, only the car 'trapped'.

"Car off the road after running into ditch, can't see anybody hurt probably won't even need a tow-truck" = car into tree-stump in ditch, one dead, two injured....
:rolleyes:

They have road alert cameras on the motorway...:innocent:

peasea
20th February 2009, 15:28
They have road alert cameras on the motorway...:innocent:

You'll have to excuse old SD, he's from the Riviera of the South, no motorways down that way, or cameras. They do preliminary sketches of accident scenes and get the local kindy kids to fill them in.
Ha.

Grahameeboy
20th February 2009, 15:30
Doesn't stop the rubber necked budgies driving past, though.....

As long as they are parked up at the side, normal traffic flow doesn't resume.....

But traffic always flows in Auckland

Grahameeboy
20th February 2009, 15:32
You'll have to excuse old SD, he's from the Riviera of the South, no motorways down that way, or cameras. They do preliminary sketches of accident scenes and get the local kindy kids to fill them in.
Ha.

Lol...you said what initially went through my head....but knowing SD he will probably dust the sketches for future forensics...I am sure he has some make up brushes that will do that job well...:whistle:

peasea
20th February 2009, 15:33
But traffic always flows in Auckland

We all KNOW what flows in Auckland and it ain't traffic.

Grahameeboy
20th February 2009, 15:35
We all KNOW what flows in Auckland and it ain't traffic.

Rubbish...remember I was born in London where traffic often does not move...Auckland is not a patch on London...so nice

Patrick
20th February 2009, 15:41
2. Me

Me either actually. The Trumpy "belongs" to the Mrs. I ride it more than she does....

peasea
20th February 2009, 15:46
Me either actually. The Trumpy "belongs" to the Mrs. I ride it more than she does....

Finally, honesty!

We have three here I can tootle around on. An 07 1200 Sporty (the missus') a 96 T-bird (her brother's) and mine. And every time I go into the shed I wander over to the Dubya-G, even it's just for a hug.

Grahameeboy
22nd February 2009, 19:55
was parked in a cycle lane...I politely told him that he was breaking the Law...he did not even realise...he moved onto the grass...

peasea
22nd February 2009, 20:07
was parked in a cycle lane...I politely told him that he was breaking the Law...he did not even realise...he moved onto the grass...

Ignorance of the law is no excuse. He should be hung, drawn and quartered.

FastBikeGear
22nd February 2009, 20:59

OK I can't resist. I had a cop hurt himself once by following too close. Well kind of.

I was pulled over when driving a mates Bambina. The cop pulled me over for overtaking another car and asked me" Do you think that was dangerous."

I said "well I had a 100M visibility throughout the maneouver".

He said "you took a long time to pull over"

and I said "I was waiting for a safe place to do it."

He said " I don't think your brakes work"

I said "yeah they're OK"

He said "OK get your friends out of the car and I will push it and when I tell you to I want you to hit the brake pedal"

I looked at him incredulously but he was serious. My brother and friend got out of the car and cop proceeded to push it. I turned aound to watch him thru the back window and he said "now"

I hit the brake pedal and it went straight to the floor. I was a bit suprised as they had worked perfectly a minute ago. I then looked at my feet and realised I had pushed the throttle pedal. Realising my mistake I then hit the brake pedal hard.

I heard a loud crack and whipped my head around just in time to see the cops face sliding off the side of the back window. He must have relaxed when he thought the brakes wern't working and then when I hit the brakes shinned himself on the rear bumper before smacking the windscreen. It must have looked pretty funny but it must have hurt like hell.

I stopped and got out and stammed my mistake. He looked at my face and new I was telling the truth

......and then the laughter started and we both turned around to see my brother and mate doubled up in the middle of the road and he just knew I had done it on purpose.

He looked at my terrified face again and knew I was telling the truth..then he looked back at them and new I was lying.

This yoyo went of for a few minutes and then he told me drive on carefully.

I can't possibly expect anyone to believe this is unless the cop in Silverdale that this happened to 25 years ago reads this and confirms it.

I would love to buy him a beer and enjoy a laugh with him over it. I know that Officer Cramwell (not sure of the spelling) worked up there at the time buy I don't know if it was him or not.

Mikkel
22nd February 2009, 21:26
He should be hung

I'm not sure I would appreciate an officer being seedy on the job... I certainly don't hope you were implying the other use of the word!

Patrick
23rd February 2009, 10:46
Ignorance of the law is no excuse. He should be hung, drawn and quartered.

Right on...!!!

Anyone else, just point out the error. But as he is a cop, yeah!!! Hang em!!!

OK I can't resist. .....

Bwahahahahaha

Couod his name be Brambley?

Ixion
23rd February 2009, 10:54
Right on...!!!

Anyone else, just point out the error. But as he is a cop, yeah!!! Hang em!!!

Don't forget the drawing and quartering. That's important. Not gonna let him get away with just hanging.

Patrick
23rd February 2009, 10:56
Don't forget the drawing and quartering. That's important. Not gonna let him get away with just hanging.

How can he draw if he has been hung...???

Ixion
23rd February 2009, 11:01
he doesn't draw, he is drawn.

"The sentence of this court is that you be taken from the gaol wherein you are confined to a public place of execution. And that there you be hanged by the neck, but cut down before quite dead. And that your entrails and privy parts be drawn out and burned before your eyes. And that you be then divided into four parts , and they publicly displayed , to the better edification of men" And may God have mercy on your soul".

Yes, they were chopped in four while still alive sometimes.

Ah , judges knew how to deal with things back then.

Patrick
23rd February 2009, 11:14
he doesn't draw, he is drawn.

"The sentence of this court is that you be taken from the gaol wherein you are confined to a public place of execution. And that there you be hanged by the neck, but cut down before quite dead. And that your entrails and privy parts be drawn out and burned before your eyes. And that you be then divided into four parts , and they publicly displayed , to the better edification of men" And may God have mercy on your soul".

Yes, they were chopped in four while still alive sometimes.

For parking in a bike lane!!! Fook me!!!!!!

What would they have done back then for the arse biscuit who smacked over the 85 year old digger then...???

Dave Lobster
23rd February 2009, 12:00

..rather than just bailled (to reoffend) like what happens now..

Ixion
23rd February 2009, 12:07
True. But on the other hand, the penalty for speeding back then was a public flogging.

Dave Lobster
23rd February 2009, 12:12
True. But on the other hand, the penalty for speeding back then was a public flogging.

And the currency was sheep and small children.. ;)

peasea
23rd February 2009, 13:22
For parking in a bike lane!!! Fook me!!!!!!

What would they have done back then for the arse biscuit who smacked over the 85 year old digger then...???

They didn't have 85 year-olds back then silly. Or Toyota Corollas to steal.

Max Preload
23rd February 2009, 13:28

Ahhhhh well in that case, the less said about that the better! :innocent:

And the currency was sheep and small children.. ;)

Presumably, the small children represented debt which, over time, grew uncontrollable.

Patrick
23rd February 2009, 14:15
They didn't have 85 year-olds back then silly. Or Toyota Corollas to steal.

:doh: What was I thinking....

So they didn't have KB to get on to, so they could bitch and moan about the punishment dished out for speeding then?

Dave Lobster
23rd February 2009, 14:19
So they didn't have KB to get on to, so they could bitch and moan about the punishment dished out for speeding then?

Maybe the police were visible combating other crime back then. These days, it appears as though the only time you see a policeman is when he's got a radar gun.

Patrick
23rd February 2009, 14:23
Maybe the police were visible combating other crime back then. These days, it appears as though the only time you see a policeman is when he's got a radar gun.

That would be right... high visibility "patrolling" but still they come...

The others are off doing other stuff like sorting out burgs, dommies, whatever.... parked off the road, where you don't see them...

peasea
23rd February 2009, 14:25
Let me see; wooden-wheeled cart, donkey, speeding.

In Medieval times which would be the odd one out?

I'm picking 'c'.

Finn
23rd February 2009, 14:26
This thread is a hoax. "Highway" cops "Up the rear" sounds like GB's ultimate fantasy.

Grahameeboy
23rd February 2009, 14:29
This thread is a hoax. "Highway" cops "Up the rear" sounds like GB's ultimate fantasy.

The good thing about CD's is that they are harder to scratch and don't tend o play the same track over and over again...unlike "finnyl"...which suffers inperfections more easily and where a bigger "needle" does not track so well and tends to stay on stay on the same song....

Finn
23rd February 2009, 14:32
The good thing about CD's is that they are harder to scratch and don't tend o play the same track over and over again...unlike "finnyl"...which suffers inperfections more easily and where a bigger "needle" does not track so well and tends to stay on stay on the same song....

You said bigger needle. :lol:

Dave Lobster
23rd February 2009, 14:35
That would be right... high visibility "patrolling" but still they come...

The others are off doing other stuff like sorting out burgs, dommies, whatever.... parked off the road, where you don't see them...

I realise this.. I work with various agencies (including the police) daily.

However.. while the police are used as a cash cow by the government - gathering revenue by catching speeders, yet doing nothing about poor driving - public perception will not change.

It's clear to most that our leaders believe that too much competence leads to too much confidence (which leads to crashes). And the police back this sort of attitude up whenever they're on the TV. The constant 'slow down' message is rammed down our throats. I have yet to see a senior policeman speak out against this sort of lies on the TV. While we see these lies backed up by the police, public perception will not change.

While people are pulled over (for - no doubt - legitimately reasons) by policemen, and they're talked down to as though retarded, public perceptions will not change. It doesn't take a minute for a policeman to do a quick check of how bright someone is. Being condecending makes him look like more of a fool than he is, and getting the back up of someone that would normally go out of their way to help the police with whatever enquiries they're making, will make yet another member of the public wary of helping next time.

Grahameeboy
23rd February 2009, 14:41
You said bigger needle. :lol:

Yeah "Finnyl" is so old hat these days eh

slofox
23rd February 2009, 14:44
...These days, it appears as though the only time you see a policeman is when he's got a radar gun.

Nah - that's bullshit - you also see them straightening the lines of cones at booze bus checkpoints...

Postscript: There was an attempted robbery in the dairy two doors down from my shop the other week. Girl screamed, someone responded. Would be robber took off. 111 was called. Crook's rego reported, video footage available on security camera...Did the constabulary turn up to check it out? Did they shit. I had to ring the locals the following week on behalf of the dairy owners and enquire....they "couldn't find" any record of it...how fucking convenient...so I guess if someone tries it on in my wine shop I will have to "defend myself"...:ar15::ar15::ar15:

Patrick
23rd February 2009, 14:49
... TV. The constant 'slow down' message is rammed down our throats.

You don't get too many fatals at lower speeds... hence the "slow down" bit...

While people are pulled over (for - no doubt - legitimately reasons) by policemen, and they're talked down to as though retarded, public perceptions will not change. It doesn't take a minute for a policeman to do a quick check of how bright someone is. Being condecending makes him look like more of a fool than he is, and getting the back up of someone that would normally go out of their way to help the police with whatever enquiries they're making, will make yet another member of the public wary of helping next time.

Yep... some do make my job harder.

I speak to them how I want them to speak to me. In every case where the stakes have risen, I was never the instigator.... but I sure can finish it off nicely....;) and then you get the "that mean/hostile/arsehole policeman" stories.... Oh well......

slofox
23rd February 2009, 15:08
I saw a pair of highway cops on their motorbikes out on SH1 yesterday at Ngaruawahia...an' y'know what? They didn't fucking wave!!! How good is that?

Dave Lobster
23rd February 2009, 15:10
You don't get too many fatals at lower speeds... hence the "slow down" bit...

Maybe if the standard of driving was a bit higher, there wouldn't be so many crashes to start with. But the public money is spent on heaps of adverts for the social engineering box in everyone's living room, rather than raising the standard of ability.
Going fast isn't inherently dangerous. Being a dick while going fast is.

While the police are signed up to the 'speed kills' rather than 'inappropriate speed kills', beeeep.. repetition..

Ixion
23rd February 2009, 15:14
Let me see; wooden-wheeled cart, donkey, speeding.

In Medieval times which would be the odd one out?

I'm picking 'c'.

Strange as it may seem, speeding and careless driving were a big problem in 18th century London. Taxi drivers were the worst culprits! The watch were always taking them up for it.

You could still be hung drawn and quartered in the 19th century. Not so long ago

Patrick
23rd February 2009, 15:15
She is an old argument, but yeah, you are right... but al the speeders are keeping the snakes too busy for them to deal with other stuff...

peasea
23rd February 2009, 15:25
Maybe if the standard of driving was a bit higher, there wouldn't be so many crashes to start with. But the public money is spent on heaps of adverts for the social engineering box in everyone's living room, rather than raising the standard of ability.

While the police are signed up to the 'speed kills' rather than 'inappropriate speed kills', beeeep.. repetition..

True words.

Patrick
23rd February 2009, 15:31
You could still be hung drawn and quartered in the 91th century. Not so long ago

The 91th century...?

Mutht have blinked and mithed that one then....

scumdog
23rd February 2009, 16:01

The ol' public is pretty thick when it comes to their driving - screaming obvious shit like not overtaking on blind bends, running red lights etc seem not to be noticed by them unless 'somebody else' (or a cop?) is doing it.

And if the 'standard of ability' is that of a turd in the first place you haven't a shit-show of raising it...:Pokey:

Oh, and common sense ain't when it comes to driving.:rolleyes:

Ixion
23rd February 2009, 16:20
The 91th century...?

Mutht have blinked and mithed that one then....

Oh. Hang on. Only one moon up there. It's Christian era calendar here isn't it, still ? For a few more years. I got to put some signs on those doors.

slofox
23rd February 2009, 16:27
Oh. Hang on. Only one moon up there. It's Christian era calendar here isn't it, still ? For a few more years. I got to put some signs on those doors.

Hmmm...alternate realities huh Ixion? Bastards those eh? 's what happens when ya get old...

Dave Lobster
23rd February 2009, 16:49
The ol' public is pretty thick when it comes to their driving - screaming obvious shit like not overtaking on blind bends, running red lights etc seem not to be noticed by them unless 'somebody else' (or a cop?) is doing it.

Yup..

And if the 'standard of ability' is that of a turd in the first place you haven't a shit-show of raising it.

I'm not convinced.. it just needs the will of the courts, etc. to get people's licences off them when they're in court for doing something dumb. It needs the government to have the will to increase the standard. Top gear next Sunday has a piece with Captain Slow in Finland with Mikka Hakkenen (sp..). It takes about three years for someone to get a licence there. That seems a bit extreme to me, and the piece didn't go into too much detail. However, the standard of ability there is higher as a consequence. I've been in the AA shop in Auckland and have seen people doing the theory multiple guess questions with the aid of a translator. That seems like a recipe for disaster from where I'm sitting.

Ixion
23rd February 2009, 16:50
Hmmm...alternate realities huh Ixion? Bastards those eh? 's what happens when ya get old...

I don't even have one reality let alone alternates.

scumdog
23rd February 2009, 18:10
Yup..

I've been in the AA shop in Auckland and have seen people doing the theory multiple guess questions with the aid of a translator. That seems like a recipe for disaster from where I'm sitting.

Oh, it's waay worse than that - there's dumb-arsed Kiwi pricks that only went to school to eat their lunch and who can't read or write - and get their licence by somebody else doing the reading for them.

Maybe they should also get somebody else to do their driving too??

peasea
23rd February 2009, 18:29
Oh, it's waay worse than that - there's dumb-arsed Kiwi pricks that only went to school to eat their lunch and who can't read or write - and get their licence by somebody else doing the reading for them.

Maybe they should also get somebody else to do their driving too??

Now THERE'S an idea. Maybe get some Asians in to help out?
Fark, I just fell off my chair again.

slofox
24th February 2009, 11:42
Back on the topic of Highway Cops, I passed one today on Kaipaki Road, going t'other way. :Police: As usual I gave him a wave :wavey: (no. NOT one fingered at all.)....then watched in the rearview as he spun a u-turn and proceeded to coming racing up behind me...all for no good reason coz as usual, as befits a venerable grampa, I was merely pootling along at or about the legal limit (specially after I spotted what he was doing...:whistle:). Point of fact, there was a huge rain squall bearing down on me which I could no longer avoid since it was between me and home. Rain quickly became so hard I couldn't really see a lot so was slowed down even more. Quite soon the patrol car disappeared from behind. I felt so sorry to disappoint the gentleman. Perhaps next time I see him I can really fang it so that he feels useful after all...
To be honest it gets a little thin to be assumed to be in breach of the lor simply because one rides a motorized velocipede....but then, maybe I am just paranoid...:crazy:

Dave Lobster
24th February 2009, 11:53
FFS.. considering how much cash the labour government steals off people to pay for the police, that there'd be more than enough cash to go round.

Wasn't it 'more policemen' that they were elected on? You'd have thought the dumb idiots would have noticed they're being lied to by now.