PDA

View Full Version : New here - Dubble0zero

Dubble0zero
20th February 2009, 17:16
Hi!
I got a tip on ADVrider to check out this site.
I have just arrived in Auckland, and I will be traveling around NZ for almost a year. I haven't got a bike here yet, but I will buy one when I can afford it (need to get a job first).

I would like to get in touch with other bikers who can show me around a bit.
Any tips for good jobs in this area is also welcome, I am searching TradeMe, and hope to find something soon.

See you on the roads!
/Mats

NordieBoy
18th April 2009, 13:46
Shit mate!
Sorry to hear about your accident.

So, now I am sitting in a wheelchair with two broken arms, one broken fot and one amputated fot, not really the way I hoped it would be, but I will survive.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9594895&postcount=26

Grant`
18th April 2009, 19:51
When ya head down to Tauranga ways sing out... Happy to put ya up and show you around a bit.

Wow also sorry to hear about ya accident least you made it out the other side if not in one piece!

Radar
30th April 2009, 18:28
Welcome to KB and to NZ. When you get a bike and on the road for a tour, you can probably find enough KB'ers who will invite you to stay at their houses - give me a yell when you are down my way (north east of Wellington).

Torshälla is a town in Eskilstuna Municipality, Södermanland County, Sweden. Its population is approximately 7,500 inhabitants.

:eek5: Your town is even smaller than where I live, and I see that it is about the same distance from Stockholm as I am from Wellington.

Meanie
30th April 2009, 18:51
Crap, guess you wont forget NZ for a while
Good luck with recovery

NordieBoy
30th April 2009, 19:51
Welcome to KB and to NZ. When you get a bike and on the road for a tour, you can probably find enough KB'ers who will invite you to stay at their houses - give me a yell when you are down my way (north east of Wellington).

Torshälla is a town in Eskilstuna Municipality, Södermanland County, Sweden. Its population is approximately 7,500 inhabitants.

:eek5: Your town is even smaller than where I live, and I see that it is about the same distance from Stockholm as I am from Wellington.

You'd better check out the 2nd post :whistle::Oops:

Radar
30th April 2009, 20:06
You'd better check out the 2nd post :whistle::Oops:

Yeah, I did. Disregarded it as BS: The ADVrider post shows that he was in Sweden about a week ago and crashed into a campervan, putting him in a wheelchair with an amputated foot and somehow he manages to get over to Auckland to find a job and a bike ASAP. I do look forward to his next post, explaining his situation. :whistle: Either he is still in Sweden and confined to a wheelchair having fun with faraway KBers, or he is now in AKL sipping a cold Steinie and still having fun on KB; cannot see both as true but we do live in a strange world and I will do a 180 and apologize to the poor bugger if he is an accident victim.

NordieBoy
30th April 2009, 20:39
Yeah, I did. Disregarded it as BS: The ADVrider post shows that he was in Sweden about a week ago and crashed into a campervan, putting him in a wheelchair with an amputated foot and somehow he manages to get over to Auckland to find a job and a bike ASAP. I do look forward to his next post, explaining his situation. :whistle: Either he is still in Sweden and confined to a wheelchair having fun with faraway KBers, or he is now in AKL sipping a cold Steinie and still having fun on KB; cannot see both as true but we do live in a strange world and I will do a 180 and apologize to the poor bugger if he is an accident victim.

Feb 20th he arrived in Aucks.

He is now back in Sweden after getting campervanned in Auckland and ending up with 2 broken arms, 1 broken foot and 1 amputated foot.

Some Kiwi AdvRiders went past the accident scene and saw the carnage.

Radar
1st May 2009, 07:01
Feb 20th he arrived in Aucks.

He is now back in Sweden after getting campervanned in Auckland and ending up with 2 broken arms, 1 broken foot and 1 amputated foot.

Some Kiwi AdvRiders went past the accident scene and saw the carnage.

:eek5: Holy crap! Thanks for the explanation. What an awful accident! It was very odd for me to read the ADvRider post of 17 April showing Dubble0zero's location in Sweden, then seeing the post of being in Auckland. For some reason I overlooked :confused: the 20 Feb date of the first post in this thread, only seeing 17 April on ADvRider and 18 April of your post, therefore the incongruity of wanting to get a bike and job after having such a horrendous accident. I mixed this with a good dose of cynicism from reading less-than-true posts here on KB by BS artists just wanting to stir things up. Now it makes sense to me that Dubble0zero returned to Sweden, to have the support of family and friends and better medical care. It is disturbing to think that someone travels around the world to an adventure paradise like NZ, only to have it end so horribly.

:gob:

NordieBoy
9th May 2009, 09:10
He's back on the back of a bike :2thumbsup

Sparky Bills
9th May 2009, 09:32
Bloody camper vans!
I went past a camper vs ute scene last week. The camper thought it was a good idea to try make a gap and cross State highway 1... Only prob was there wasnt a gap at all and the ute had gone head on with it!
The camper had kids in it even! Why would you take a chance like that with your own kids!?

Good luck with the recovery mate. Sorry you didnt manage to see all that nz could offer.

Dubble0zero
31st July 2009, 10:30
Sorry for the late reply, I forgot about this thread.
Well, you already know the story from ADVrider.
And yea, I didn't change the location, it was still set on my home. =)

As for the medical situation, it was as good if not better in NZ, mostly because the people who work there are less stressed and have more time, but it was a little dirtier. All my family and my friends are here in Sweden, so it made sense to go home again. Plus I didn't have to stay in the hospital so many weeks after I got home (still felt like forever thou).

I am getting an other F650 GS on Sunday if it's good, and going to Norway for 5 days on Monday with a couple of friends. I can't bend my knee enough for my R1100S yet, so the F650 will have to do for a while.

Will probably not get back to NZ in some time, maybe in a few years or so, but I got nothing planned.

NordieBoy
31st July 2009, 13:12
Have fun in Norway.

You'd have more fun if you were on a DR though :D

triple-bee
4th August 2009, 06:47
That suck,s fair play too you for getting back on a bike :niceone: