PDA

View Full Version : Another leisurely ride up North

StoneChucker
26th February 2005, 21:30
VTWIN and I again set off for Napier. This time, to fetch an item bought off Trade-Me. (Good excuse to go for a ride :))

Left at about 08:45, returned at 19:45 (11 hours). This included a long brekky/lunch stop, stop at the destination and a few long petrol stops. Not a fast ride by any sense of the imagination. No charitable donations I'm pleased to report (thats due to the fact I'm riding like a "nana" now - sticking to within 10km/h of the limit at all times, causing great annoyance to fellow riders I'm sure). Fine weather going up, rain most of the way down.

Met some guy coming back from having the plastics from his CBR welded. He was eagerly making his way home to respray and assemble.

Took it extra easy as I was scrubbing in a new tyre. The Napier/Hastings area is actually quite scenic. The coastal road between the two is quite a nice ride (straight, but good scenery). We also went to a certain place of interest. Can you name it? (pics attached).

Next write-up from me will be of my S.I. trip, and how I'm sure I'll have to bail Paul_inNZ out of jail :yeah:

Ride safe you nutters.
Dave

wari
27th February 2005, 06:21
NIce werk therre mate ... looks likeda place could do witha droppa rain ... :yeah:

Ms Piggy
27th February 2005, 10:30
Sounds like a nice ride. I look forward to your SI report. :niceone:

StoneChucker
27th February 2005, 17:12
Slow down with the guesses people. Too much enthusiasm can be fatal! It's Te Mate peak (sp?) in Hastings. As Wari pointed out, it's rather brown up there at the moment.

Hitcher
27th February 2005, 19:05
The "place of interest" may well be Te Mata peak. Sounds like a good ride for a Marauder... What are you doing after work tomorrow night?

MSTRS
28th February 2005, 10:39
The "place of interest" may well be Te Mata peak.
Correct, except that now it's turned an even darker shade of brown. Fuggin firebugs!!

StoneChucker
28th February 2005, 11:08
Correct, except that now it's turned an even darker shade of brown. Fuggin firebugs!!
Thanks guys, but I'd already told you where it is! :niceone:
Yes, it's a really nice ride. However, not one I'd do after work... 3.5 hrs there, 3.5 hrs back at the Fastest!