PDA

View Full Version : why are there so many guests?

ZorsT
27th February 2005, 03:19
when I go to kiwibiker main page, i see there is one active member (me) and 23 guests.

Whats up with that???

Dodgyiti
27th February 2005, 07:27
Sometimes if you have a decent firewall operating, then it is eaiser to not log in, but still view each forum as a guest, saves all that enabling cookies and prompting stuff. Then just log in when you want to reply..like this :yeah:
Also the interweb is worldwide and heaps of folk from all over are checking it out, perhaps a lot of the world viewers think it is a kiwi only site and just view and dont join.

jrandom
27th February 2005, 07:46
And don't forget that every time it gets hit by a search engine spider, it sees a 'guest'.

Sniper
27th February 2005, 08:32
And don't forget that every time it gets hit by a search engine spider, it sees a 'guest'.

Search engine spider??

Congrats on the 4000 JR :niceone:

XTC
27th February 2005, 09:00
Search engine spider??

Congrats on the 4000 JR :niceone:
Yeah they are the big black hairy scary ones you find in the end of your sleeping bag on camping trips that scare the bejeezus out of you.....:)

TwoSeven
27th February 2005, 11:18
The problem is that many people are members of lots of forums. These things dont allow you to unsubscribe or delete your profile, so its often easier not to sign up than to have to create 'yet' another username/password for something you may only use for a short while.

Ms Piggy
27th February 2005, 11:35
Yeah they are the big black hairy scary ones you find in the end of your sleeping bag on camping trips that scare the bejeezus out of you.....:)
Or the one that was on my boot!!

Ms Piggy
27th February 2005, 11:36
The problem is that many people are members of lots of forums. These things dont allow you to unsubscribe or delete your profile, so its often easier not to sign up than to have to create 'yet' another username/password for something you may only use for a short while.
You can sweet talk Mr Spank Me I'm sure he would do it if you asked nicely.

StoneChucker
27th February 2005, 17:05
You can sweet talk Mr Spank Me I'm sure he would do it if you asked nicely.
There is NO exit to this site. many have tried, all have failed. We have been over this before people, don't try and fight it.

I suggest you all find a spot, and make a place you call home. We're in this for the entirety :done:

Hitcher
27th February 2005, 19:07
Welcome to the Hotel California...

jrandom
27th February 2005, 19:09
Welcome to the Hotel California...

And don't mind the spiders.

White trash
28th February 2005, 11:48

Fuck man! I swatted the biggest bloody spider I've ever seen in the WC at the new flat last night. Fucken monster, the dof wouldn't even touch it.

Luckily Hayden disposed of its carcass for me. Yuck.

Hitcher
28th February 2005, 11:55
Fuck man! I swatted the biggest bloody spider I've ever seen in the WC at the new flat last night. Fucken monster, the dof wouldn't even touch it.

Luckily Hayden disposed of its carcass for me. Yuck.
You should have herded it gently into a jar and sent it to MAF for identification. Might have been an endangered species...

And what, or who, is "the dof"?

White trash
28th February 2005, 11:57
And what, or who, is "the dof"?

Ahhh....that would be what us bad typists call the dog. My bad.

Skunk
28th February 2005, 12:00

Luckily Hayden disposed of its carcass for me. Yuck.NZ funnel web maybe. Get them a bit in our parts...

White trash
28th February 2005, 16:19
NZ funnel web maybe. Get them a bit in our parts...

Do they hurt?

ZorsT
28th February 2005, 16:40
Do they hurt?

you sound as if you already know the answer... or maybe you forgot.

all spiders hurt

Waylander
28th February 2005, 17:32
you sound as if you already know the answer... or maybe you forgot.

all spiders hurt
Exspecially when you crush them slowly as you put your foot in your boot. I'm sure they feel that and I would say it would hurt.:niceone: