PDA

View Full Version : New to Welly region - @mmie

@mmie
21st February 2009, 21:03
Hey to everyone in the Wellington region!!
I've just moved down from Hamilton and would be keen to meet up with the local crowed now that I'm down here. Moved down about 3 weeks ago to start studying in April. I'm currently riding a 250 but have been a bit caned by the wind so have just agreed to buy a Kawasaki ER5 a nice little 500cc street fighter, only I need to sell my bike first hehe (plug/plug (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=203746157)).

So introduce your selves and hopefully we'll get to go for a ride together soon.

madmal64
21st February 2009, 21:19
Welcome to Welly!
Wednesday Evening is a good time to meet some locals on one of the local rides.
Hey the wind isnt that bad at this time of the year! Wait till October, the really windy month.

Hawkeye
21st February 2009, 21:47
Welcome to the Wellington region. As Mal has already said, the Wed night cruisey ride is a good place to start to meet up with a lot of the locals.

Trudes
22nd February 2009, 07:32
Welcome to Welly!! :)

Number One
22nd February 2009, 11:05
Welcome to Welly!! :)
What she said!

There are heaps of friendly biker chicks in Welly :niceone: unless of course you are only interested in meeting the fellas, we'll no doubt see ya round sometime :sunny:

Badjelly
22nd February 2009, 11:50
It's pretty windy today, judging by the white caps marching down Evans Bay. For Wellington newbies, I reckon we'd get winds this strong or stronger (sometimes quite a lot stronger) about 30 days per year.

Number One
22nd February 2009, 11:52
It's pretty windy today, judging by the white caps marching down Evans Bay. For Wellington newbies, I reckon we'd get winds this strong or stronger (sometimes quite a lot stronger) about 30 days per year.
Yes what he said - be careful at the top of the Takas! Easy to get picked up and pushed across the road up there.

portokiwi
22nd February 2009, 12:00
:clap:good on you to moving down Wellington.
I would have thought the VL would have been quite nice to ride even in the Wellington weather:dodge:
Look forward to catching up when we move down next month.