PDA

View Full Version : Reasons why work sucks the donkey dick.

The Pastor
22nd February 2009, 18:05
reason 1:
you've been learning a software for 2 fucking years and still dont know jack shit.

Reason 2:
peer review and adequate expertise and training doesn't exist.

Feel free to add your reasons.

mrchips
22nd February 2009, 18:18
Getting a grunty new puter at work, goes like stink for all of 5 minutes untill all software, security & network updates kick in that is.

Now it's just a shit heap like the last one.

bring back windows 95

Mully
22nd February 2009, 18:40
3, The company has a policy of moving the most inept employees into management positions.

4, Your mouth-breathing HR department is so underworked, all they can do is come up with new policies to implement (including, my personal favourite, that you can't smoke on the footpath outside the building, which all smokers flout with multiple-daily regularity) (note on this; we don't have the whole building anyway, so all the smokers from the other floors would still smoke outside even if our smokers adhered to the "rules")

The Pastor
22nd February 2009, 18:49
5. Your boss sets you up to fail constantly.
6. Your computer runs under the required minium hardware spec

Mully
22nd February 2009, 18:53
7, Head office get sold on an ERP software system which is of very little use to your organisation, but they love the reporting system. They then spend millions rolling out this software even though all countries still have to run their old systems (which is what the new one was meant to avoid). Good times.

BuFfY
22nd February 2009, 18:56
5. You do everything but aren't given credit (pay, verbal recognition). And because you aren't allowed the credit, you have to teach other people to do it, so that they can get the credit, even though you are the least experienced.

6. Parents seem to have more say than teachers on what is best for the child and the class. Special needs parents are so one eyed, everything has to be for their child and the teacher has to stop everything to help their child (ie. chase them around the school when they run outside, hold them down when they hit etc)

Luckily I love every other aspect!

BuFfY
22nd February 2009, 18:58
6. Your computer runs under the required minium hardware spec

Your computer is one of the original macs, the coloured ones. That even internet explorer, firefox wont run on. So all the website, resources, pdf's you get sent, need to look at wont open. Yet the expectation to maintain a website for the class is there, as is reporting processes!

FJRider
22nd February 2009, 19:01
The vehicle they give you to drive, and take home each night... is not the latest model... its at least a year old now. AND the 80 odd thousand km's its done (by you) means its almost wornout...

The Pastor
22nd February 2009, 19:08
12. Your're working at 8pm on a sunday because your boss has poor time management skills

Mully
22nd February 2009, 19:11
5. You do everything but aren't given credit (pay, verbal recognition). And because you aren't allowed the credit, you have to teach other people to do it, so that they can get the credit, even though you are the least experienced.

6. Parents seem to have more say than teachers on what is best for the child and the class. Special needs parents are so one eyed, everything has to be for their child and the teacher has to stop everything to help their child (ie. chase them around the school when they run outside, hold them down when they hit etc)

Luckily I love every other aspect!

Pfft, he said work, not teaching. It's more of a hobby, innt??

Heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh

McJim
22nd February 2009, 19:17
I like my job :yes:

BuFfY
22nd February 2009, 19:19
Pfft, he said work, not teaching. It's more of a hobby, innt??

Heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh

Sure! Let's swap jobs for a day :)

Mully
22nd February 2009, 19:21
Sure! Let's swap jobs for a day :)

You mean a half-day, dont ya??

You teachers.... Only work 9-3, all the holidays off.

Bloody luxury, yet they all still complain.

*stir, stir*

Dargor
22nd February 2009, 19:23
Because your on minimum wage, doing a crummy part time job that you know your better than but thats all you can get while you study. I'd love to get payed to code.

What kind of stuff you do you get to code renegade.

FJRider
22nd February 2009, 19:25
I like my job :yes:

Me too...:wari:

The Pastor
22nd February 2009, 19:25
because your on minimum wage, doing a crummy part time job that you know your better than but thats all you can get while you study. I'd love to get payed to code.

What kind of stuff you do you get to code renegade.
i dont code i draught/engineer.

BuFfY
22nd February 2009, 19:26
You mean a half-day, dont ya??

Bloody luxury, yet they all still complain.

*stir, stir*

Yeah! And we get paid 52 weeks a year!! woo!!

So, you up for swapping? :D

Mully
22nd February 2009, 19:27
Yeah! And we get paid 52 weeks a year!! woo!!

So, you up for swapping? :D

Absolutely.

It's not illegal to beat the snot out of the little turds and tie them up, is it?

merv
22nd February 2009, 19:30
bring back windows 95

Nah, DOS, the programmes we compiled to run on that were fast and didn't crash.

The real problem seemed to start when Staff Clerks became HR advisors, then People and Culture Account Managers and now People and Capability Performance Managers.

Back in the "Staff" days they knew they were providing a clerical service to the business, now they think they are the business and are too busy being busy internally to do real work for their customers the "staff".

Man have we gone backwards in thirty years and its not just computers to blame.

BuFfY
22nd February 2009, 19:32
Absolutely.

It's not illegal to beat the snot out of the little turds and tie them up, is it?

Not these days sorry! They are allowed to beat you though, one in my class hits. So I leave him with the teacher aide

Hitcher
22nd February 2009, 19:33
My job rocks.

FJRider
22nd February 2009, 19:39
12. Your're working at 8pm on a sunday because your boss has poor time management skills

if you are working at 8 pm on a sunday... you are one of two things,
1. an idiot

2. WELL paid for it

(or both)

BuFfY
22nd February 2009, 19:41
1. an idiot

2. WELL paid for it

(or both)

or someone who wants to keep their job?

FJRider
My job rocks.

I often think I get paid too much for what I do.... but the feeling quickly passes...

The Pastor
if you are working at 8 pm on a sunday... You are one of two things,
1. An idiot

2. Well paid for it

(or both)
nope and nope.

Im working because i want to keep my job.

FJRider
22nd February 2009, 19:43
or someone who wants to keep their job?

They can keep it then ... I wouldn't want it...

Dave Lobster
22nd February 2009, 19:46
Me too...:wari:

And me. My manager is good.. knows her stuff. I get backed when tell our customers to get fucked.. get a reasonable (for here) pension scheme. Hours are as flexible as I need them to be..

The money isn't hot.. but can't have everything.

jaymzw
22nd February 2009, 19:56
nope and nope.

Im working because i want to keep my job.

Bloody recession aye!

My job at McDonalds is safe though!

Only thing that sucks is the fact that im on almost minimum wage at 12.50 a fucking hour!

Despite the fact im a manager running shifts with 20+ people at a time, responsible for the loss of possible bonuses while running my shift, having to deal with dickhead customers like the fat bitch that came in today and screamed for literally 7 minutes(i checked the camera's) because she ordered "no Caesar sauce, add mayo" and didnt get it! she then had the audacity to point out that her chips were cold, at which point i reminded her she had been yelling (and spitting at me) for the past 7 minutes, but she's right because shes done management classes before and knows how a customer should be treated! the fact that i got paid for 8 hours today while actually working 9 1/2 :( I had to complete numerous NZQA courses to become a manager aswell as First aide courses. The fact i am surrounded constantly by Chinese people all speaking Mandarin who are depressed because they are going no-where in their life working at McDonald's.

Lastly the fact that the people working at a supermarket in checkout are on 14.50 an hour! Damn!

Rant over

cs363
22nd February 2009, 20:01

Isn't that back to front? :laugh:

Dak
22nd February 2009, 20:01
Reason 69: Everyday you have to get up and go and work with a pack of assholes.

Swoop
22nd February 2009, 20:08
You are possibly forgetting the hour-long lunch break...:sweatdrop

Big Dave
22nd February 2009, 20:12
Ummmm....arrrrr.........never mind.

FJRider
22nd February 2009, 20:12
Reason 69: Everyday you have to get up and go and work with a pack of assholes.

ONE of them goes WITH you...

FJRider
22nd February 2009, 20:15
You are possibly forgetting the hour-long lunch break...:sweatdrop

Hence the frequent "refresher" courses... too long a break ...

Nagash
22nd February 2009, 20:17
1. an idiot

2. WELL paid for it

(or both)

How 'bout 6am on a Sunday?

I'd say both..

Grizzo
22nd February 2009, 20:17
reason 1:
you've been learning a software for 2 fucking years and still dont know jack shit.

Reason 2:
peer review and adequate expertise and training doesn't exist.

Feel free to add your reasons.
:yawn:Harden up buttercup.

buggsubique
22nd February 2009, 20:20
you do about $18k worth of overtime a year but don't get paid for it.

Because I want to keep my job.

Drunken Monkey
22nd February 2009, 20:21
8 years and still no fucking stock options.
Operations Manager with all the responsibility and no authority.
Bonus now 18 months in arrears.

On the plus side, there's still work for me to do until I find another job.

Magua
22nd February 2009, 20:27
70: You work at a fast food restaurant.

SixPackBack
22nd February 2009, 20:29
Fookin moanin' coonts..........at least you don't live in a concrete pipe in Bangladesh and hate your neigbhours.

GET BACK TO WORK YER LAZY BASTRADS

Dak
22nd February 2009, 20:35
Fookin moanin' coonts..........at least you don't live in a concrete pipe in Bangladesh and hate your neigbhours

No, but I do live in Wanganui and hate just about every coont that lives here. :2guns:

Boob Johnson
22nd February 2009, 20:35
But its 8pm when this post was made meaning you AREN'T working :girlfight:

:bleh:

The Pastor
22nd February 2009, 20:36
Fookin moanin' coonts..........at least you don't live in a concrete pipe in Bangladesh and hate your neigbhours.

GET BACK TO WORK YER LAZY BASTRADS
what do you do for a job 6pack? iirc your a tool maker? whats that like for a job?

The Pastor
22nd February 2009, 20:36
But its 8pm when this post was made meaning you AREN'T working :girlfight:

:bleh:
i have two screens, one for work, one for not work

dogsnbikes
22nd February 2009, 20:39
Oh yeah my job.....I think Im unfortunate that I have to have 6 mths a year off and then expected to take 4 weeks annual leave....it is rather stressful :bleh:considering I being paid for it all

guess the worst thing is the amount of extra time spent on the bike doing 30'000 plus k's on the bike for fun :devil2:

Oh year my job sucks but someone has too do it,so may as well be me why let someone else suffer the torment:rolleyes:

JimO
22nd February 2009, 20:42
sometimes its a struggle to make 5 hundie a day

Boob Johnson
22nd February 2009, 20:42
i have two screens, one for work, one for not work
Now I see why your boss has you working odd hours, you make bullshit excuses why you are so slow at getting the job done :shifty:

SixPackBack
22nd February 2009, 20:47
what do you do for a job 6pack? iirc your a tool maker? whats that like for a job?

Still a Toolmaker but now run a workshop doing R&D.......its awesome:yes:

Dude you need change. If your that unhappy frank and honest investigation in to your performance and the performance of both your employer and boss is needed. If something can change to remedy the situation then all good, if not its time to move on.

Mully
22nd February 2009, 20:54
Oh yeah,

And you work until at least 7:30pm every night for three months on the Gentleman's agreement that the company will pay you overtime. Then the overtime payment amounts to a $20 Westfield voucher (Mmm, just the one). By coincidence, this happens the day before you stop working overtime.

Or, your company goes down the path of hiring some assistance for you and backs out at the last second (because the global policy now is "critical hiring only" and then start bitching at you because you have 8 weeks of accrued annual leave. When you point out that there is no cover for you (and therefore you can't take leave), you get looked at like you have just asked for golden moonrock and an octopus tentacle.

Timber020
22nd February 2009, 20:54
Sometimes you have to kill something thats beautiful

Job is one of the most dangerous in NZ

You know more ex workers out because of injury than you know who are still doing it.

Wouldnt swap it for the world.

Mikkel
22nd February 2009, 21:21
42 - that I actually don't have anything to complain about.

Boob Johnson
22nd February 2009, 21:46
43 - far too many gorgeous euro chicks sun bathing in my backyard. Its just NOT on :innocent:

Mully
22nd February 2009, 21:47
43 - far too many gorgeous euro chicks sun bathing in my backyard. Its just NOT on :innocent:

Pics or it didn't happen.

Grizzo
22nd February 2009, 21:48
Life sux alright -rough deal:lol:

Boob Johnson
22nd February 2009, 21:52
Pics or it didn't happen.
lol I saw in the paper recently some dickwad actually set up a camera in the girls bathroom of his lodge & even made a "best of tape" out of the footage, from behind a one way mirror. Got busted too :spanking:

I wouldn't DREAM of doing anything like that :innocent:

Life sux alright -rough deal:lol:
Yeah its a tuff life but hey, someone's gotta get their hands dirty aye :innocent:

vifferman
23rd February 2009, 08:56
My job doesn't suck (but I do). However, what does suck is our successful NZ-owned company was taken over by a multinational Mrkn-based one. This was supposed to make no difference to operations or anything else, but we are now subject to their rules and ways of doing things. The latest is that we had our very best financial year EVER, with record profits that exceeded budgets, and because of Mrka's shit economy there is a freeze on all salaries, company wide. Yes, I know there are a lot of people struggling, out of work, etc etc., and I feel for them. However, it's quite disheartening knowing your company is doing very very well and yet there are no rewards being passed onto the people who made it happen.
But it's OK: the company made up for the wage freeze by bombarding us with email messages congratulating us on our excellent performance and record profits! :wari:
Woohoo!

Meanwhile, the company spends up large on buying up other companies to expand into Yurp and further increase our profitability. So there is some investment occurring...

HenryDorsetCase
23rd February 2009, 09:05
My job doesn't suck (but I do). However, what does suck is our successful NZ-owned company was taken over by a multinational Mrkn-based one. This was supposed to make no difference to operations or anything else, but we are now subject to their rules and ways of doing things. The latest is that we had our very best financial year EVER, with record profits that exceeded budgets, and because of Mrka's shit economy there is a freeze on all salaries, company wide. Yes, I know there are a lot of people struggling, out of work, etc etc., and I feel for them. However, it's quite disheartening knowing your company is doing very very well and yet there are no rewards being passed onto the people who made it happen.
But it's OK: the company made up for the wage freeze by bombarding us with email messages congratulating us on our excellent performance and record profits! :wari:
Woohoo!

Meanwhile, the company spends up large on buying up other companies to expand into Yurp and further increase our profitability. So there is some investment occurring...

You can bet the senior executive team (CEO, CFO, etc) will have bonus packages tied to their salaries. Its only the drones that suffer.

I know of at least two other co's which had exactly that happen.

Tank
23rd February 2009, 09:22
I love my job.

We get extremely well looked after - they actually believe that people are the companies best asset and go way above and beyond in looking after us.

Great working conditions - all the kit you need to get the job done. Brilliant training, and you get recognized for the work you do (and compensated when you go above and beyond) in whatever way they can (bonuses, giving long weekends, hiring out gold class, flowers for the wife's / girlfriends when teams have to work in a weekend) etc etc etc.

oh and we get paid well.

I was offered ax extra 30k per year to work in Brisbane with a company car and motorbike, and a free 3 bedroom corporate home fully furnished and fitted out. Yet - I wouldn't move from here.

Its a pity more companys cant be like ours.

JacksColdSweat
23rd February 2009, 14:17
My job doesn't suck (but I do). However, what does suck is our successful NZ-owned company was taken over by a multinational Mrkn-based one.

You at Navman or Navico?

JacksColdSweat
23rd February 2009, 14:19
Dude you need change. If your that unhappy frank and honest investigation in to your performance and the performance of both your employer and boss is needed. If something can change to remedy the situation then all good, if not its time to move on.

I concur with this... I quit my full time job end of last year - I was over it - great job - I had just done it for long enough and I had some other stuff going on

If you can't get out when your drive and creativity has run dry then you spoil it for everyone for whom that hasn't happened

I've worked for a lot of companies where that happens - people hang on afraid to leave - and it's brutal...