PDA

View Full Version : EobE The Elder cometh- Bike hire over Easter?

EatOrBeEaten
22nd February 2009, 22:55
The Second Sign of the Apocalypse has cometh and it looks like my old man is coming to NZ for the Easter holidays (9th-26th April or thereabouts). We're planning on going down to Chch and then touring about the place, seeing the sights and enjoying the twisty roads.

Can anyone recommend any decent bike hire in Auckland OR have a bike they would be willing to hire out for a reasonable fee? He's looking for a sensible tourer-type, given that I'll be on Tox and therefore it's pointless him having something excitable.

Any info gratefully received!

EatOrBeEaten
26th February 2009, 22:10
BUMP: he's 90% sure he's coming down for a holiday, anyone recommend hire or have a spare bike they want to make some money out of?

gammaguy
26th February 2009, 22:13
ive pm ed u re this

EatOrBeEaten
26th February 2009, 22:15
*waits with excitement! :D

SARGE
26th February 2009, 22:23
Amps on khyber pass rents hd's and triumphs.. He might enjoy a tiger...

And im assuming he's spending pounds.. Would be a bloody cheap rental for him too..

EatOrBeEaten
26th February 2009, 22:50
He's Scottish, he's of the assumption he can rent a bike for some bellybutton fluff and a rendition of The Skye Boat Song. <_<

I am on the case, however. I might get him a scooter just for the lol's, or, god help me, a Harley....

*awaits disowning*

SARGE
26th February 2009, 22:54
He's Scottish, he's of the assumption he can rent a bike for some bellybutton fluff and a rendition of The Skye Boat Song. <_<

I am on the case, however. I might get him a scooter just for the lol's, or, god help me, a Harley....

*awaits disowning*

i think the GBP is about the 0.30 area on conversion..

NZ$30 a day aint bad

EatOrBeEaten
26th February 2009, 22:56
you mean GBP £30? Oh aye, I think he's just being funny about it because he's just spent an inordinate amount fixing up his Guzzi (what a surprise :D )

SARGE
26th February 2009, 23:04
you mean GBP £30? O

yea sorry..

EatOrBeEaten
26th February 2009, 23:05
Aye, it's buttons really. Bloody moany old gits... :D :p

EatOrBeEaten
1st March 2009, 09:40
Yeah, he's definitely visiting, looks like we'll be booking with your lot gammaguy. thanks so much for the heads-up!

Kemet
28th March 2009, 12:28
What part of Scotland?