PDA

View Full Version : New vtr250

ital916
23rd February 2009, 20:08
Well rumors have it there is a new vtr250 coming out and here is the first official pic. Looks like they've seen the success that hyosung and kawasaki are generating with their machines so a revamp was needed. Kinda 696 esque I reckon.

Dolph
23rd February 2009, 20:12
Looks good,...but not really all that different from the last version.

Just pur-chased a 2007 model from a fellow in the Naki. Hope to get it in a coupla weeks via Captain Transporter,....cannot wait !! :rockon:

Any idea how much they reckon the new model will retail at ?!?! :wait:

McJim
23rd February 2009, 20:14
Well dare I say it - Honda have missed a trick there. They've added a couple of bits of plastic and that's it.

What I would have done is:

1/ Fit quality USD forks for sitffness.
2/ Fit clip ons to lower the handlebars for comfort
3/ Fit a full fairing
4/ Leave the tail as it was - it was perfect.

That would have blown the Kawasaki 250 away as it is Honda are gonna lose sales.

Dolph
23rd February 2009, 20:23
Hhhhmmm,...the USD forks and the clip-ons yes,...but I like the look of the bike as is, without fairings (but then I'm new to all those !).

Not sure how well they'll do sales-wise. They were always a bit more than the Kwaka and the Hyo's,...however, I've found they're still quite sought after....

ital916
23rd February 2009, 20:24
Well dare I say it - Honda have missed a trick there. They've added a couple of bits of plastic and that's it.

3/ Fit a full fairing

That would have blown the Kawasaki 250 away as it is Honda are gonna lose sales.

agreed mcjim, definately a faired option would have been better, with the added components. They will retail around 8-9k as that is what I believe the old ones did go for.

mattian
23rd February 2009, 20:28
Wouldn't expect them to retail at around 8-9K. Not if they want to compete with the other new 250 bikes. More like 6-7K or roundabouts.

JimO
23rd February 2009, 20:31
Wouldn't expect them to retail at around 8-9K. Not if they want to compete with the other new 250 bikes. More like 6-7K or roundabouts.

there is only $60 worth of metal in them:laugh:

Dolph
23rd February 2009, 20:32
I think the standard bike was 8 large ones,...but you couldn't get them for the last year or so.

When you look at the prices of the Comet and the GPX, that's already about $1k more. If they do sell nearer the $9k mark I think they'll be a hard sell....:no:

I hope that they keep a higher price though,....then the resale will be great too ! :2guns:

Fatjim
23rd February 2009, 21:09
In my opinion this was/is the best naked 250 available. The only thing it really needed was a price drop.

ital916
23rd February 2009, 22:25

well it isnt far off the tech that goes into the other learner bikes and it is a nice one to ride *I found vtrs nicer than the naked comet*

ducatilover
24th February 2009, 23:14

3/ Fit a full fairing

same story as when they released the Spada. good motor and frame. shit brakes. shit forks. no fairing. sexy ass:(

which is why i have now got an nc23 front fairing.....the boredom helped too

McJim
24th February 2009, 23:30
same story as when they released the Spada. good motor and frame. shit brakes. shit forks. no fairing. sexy ass:(

which is why i have now got an nc23 front fairing.....the boredom helped too

The difference was the Spada frame cost more to make than the bike actually cost hence production was limited to 2 years :rofl:

TOTO
24th February 2009, 23:46
About time honda got off their ass.

Would like to see yamaha and suzuki do the same so we can get more small bike variety.

ital916
25th February 2009, 09:25

Would like to see yamaha and suzuki do the same so we can get more small bike variety.

like I said, yamaha should just upsize their yzf125r which takes the cake for most gorgeous learner bike.

vifferman
25th February 2009, 09:38
Do they have donkeys in Japan? :confused:

The New! Improved! VTR250 looks like EXACTLY the old one, only not quite the same. The extra 14kW will be nice though...

ducatilover
25th February 2009, 18:38
The difference was the Spada frame cost more to make than the bike actually cost hence production was limited to 2 years :rofl:

thats true, same story with the nt650, the elf design single sided swinger must have cost so much they fitted shit supsension and brakes and no fairings and sold it for heaps :mad: