PDA

View Full Version : Blackbird Screen and Clear Lights

Da Bird
27th February 2005, 22:07
This is my 'Bird with a blue Fabrii double bubble screen and clear replacements indicators and LED tail lights from Clear Alternatives (www.clearalternatives.com (http://www.clearalternatives.com/)) .

Not much to say about the screen apart from "it was a bitch to fit" and took me a bit longer than anticipated. It wont be coming off in a hurry. Gives a bit more wind protection than the standard screen and most of the bugs end up splattered on my shoulders.

The clear indicators were a breeze to fit, as was the tail light. Just a matter of taking a couple of the rear fairing panels off for 10 minutes while taking out the old tail light and fitting the new one in place.

The indicator lenses come with orange bulbs, however I purchased chrome covered orange bulbs so you cant actually tell there are bulbs in there.

Some of the newer lights that Clear Alternatives stock actually have integrated indicators on the tail light. Just depends on the model of bike you have.

Shipping was fast (within a week from the USA) and was FREE. Not sure how I managed that but there was no shipping fee so that was a bonus and of course, with the high exchange rate at the moment, its a good time to get these lights if you are looking at doing it.

BC.

White trash
28th February 2005, 16:22
I'm liking the front indicators muchly. Very nice indeed.

It's funny how a couple of bolt on bits completely changes the appeal of the bike. Nice one.

Biff
28th February 2005, 18:31
I've gone all weak at the knees. Best I lie down.

I've fitted clear front indicators to mine (also from clear alternatives) as well as a Pyramid double bubble. Both were easy to fit. LED tail lights are next on my list. I WANT that number plate!!

Thanks again for the info BC :niceone:

Riff Raff
28th February 2005, 18:35
Very nice!! :niceone:

Blackbird
28th February 2005, 18:56
Looks bloody impressive - maybe we'll get to see them in the flesh soon? :2thumbsup

Geoff

gav
28th February 2005, 19:29
hmm, I've recently fitted a dark Zero Gravity double bubble screen to my CBR600, have the mini indicators front and rear but I'm now waiting for my :whistle: carbon iridium flush mount indicators, as well as my carbon brake reservior cap, along with the red accent kit that includes handlebar ends, red anodized oil filler cap and a little adjuster dial for the brake lever. And hopefully my HRC Honda Racing wheel stickers won't be far away either :confused: damn, I blame ebay......

Zed
5th April 2005, 18:00
This is my 'Bird with a blue Fabrii double bubble screen and clear replacements indicators and LED tail lights from Clear Alternatives (www.clearalternatives.com (http://www.clearalternatives.com/)) .

...The clear indicators were a breeze to fit...The indicator lenses come with orange bulbs, however I purchased chrome covered orange bulbs so you cant actually tell there are bulbs in there.

Some of the newer lights that Clear Alternatives stock actually have integrated indicators on the tail light. Just depends on the model of bike you have.

Shipping was fast (within a week from the USA) and was FREE. Not sure how I managed that but there was no shipping fee so that was a bonus and of course, with the high exchange rate at the moment, its a good time to get these lights if you are looking at doing it.

BC.Thanks BC, I liked your idea so much that I ordered a pair of front "smoke version" clear indicators from Clear Alternatives, USA after I read through this thread the other week. They took 10 days to arrive and cost me just over NZ$80 all up...I think they are worth it (before/after pics attached). I may go with your idea of the chromed bulbs later?

Thanks again for the info! :niceone:

Zed

Blackbird
5th April 2005, 20:12
Looks positively evil now Matthew - very nice job indeed, goes with the black superbly.

Errrr.... do I see a radar detector behind that screen :whistle: You wouldn't be thinking of exceeding the speed limit would you???

I'm sure BC will have something to say :2thumbsup

Cheers

Geoff

Zed
5th April 2005, 20:41
Looks positively evil now Matthew - very nice job indeed, goes with the black superbly.Thanks Geoff...not sure about the evil part though! :sly:

Errrr.... do I see a radar detector behind that screen :whistle: You wouldn't be thinking of exceeding the speed limit would you???Yep I hardwired that up last weekend! Wouldn't be a Blackbird owner without one lol. :msn-wink: