PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with all the gear?

Riding LockedDown
25th February 2009, 14:27
Hey, was wondering what everybody does with all their riding gear when they goto work or uni? Feel like a fag taking all my gear into my lecture, was thinking maybe taking a training bag that my pants and jacket can fit into.. But yeah dont know, suggestions?

Gremlin
25th February 2009, 14:33
Is your gear pink? You'd definitely look like a fag :lol:

Otherwise... pfft, you're a biker... most likely they won't even approach you to comment on it :2thumbsup

McWild
25th February 2009, 14:49
Yeah I've been in the same boat this year with uni.
I picked up an Adidas kit bag with a shoulder strap for like $35 at Rebel Sport.
It has a special compartment for shoes, where I chuck my boots and keep my sneakers, and the bag holds my bulky cordura jacket easily. You can also fit a helmet in there as well as those but it's easier to just carry it.
There's plenty of room to keep pants, jacket, gloves and books and stuff.

Could be a bit of an effort if you're doing a lot of walking though. You could also try a locker, but that seems a bit inconvenient.

Any event I'm happy with my sports bag. Hope you sort something out.

EatOrBeEaten
25th February 2009, 15:02
My gear is snugly away in my backpack, and helmet and gloves sit in a cupboard in my classroom.

I found the Quiksilver laptop bag (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Quiksilver-Laptop-Rucksack-Backpack-Pinstripe/dp/B001AR2ISY) will take an Ixon cordura jacket, Hein Gericke lightweight cordura trousers, boots and forcefield back protector :shit: :D Cost me about $150, but it's been worth it!

Disco Dan
25th February 2009, 15:14
Work - there is usually a wardrobe for staff coats, I just hang them all up in there. Most places have a staff bed and if dry all my gear just lays flat on the bed.

Uni, I had a locker.

Pub? Keep it all on - helps with bar fights.

Supermarket, shopping etc - keep it all on. Got enough to carry without gear too!

swbarnett
25th February 2009, 15:28
When I was at University in the 80s we all had lockers. If you were early enough you could get one that was big enough for all your gear. Just had to make sure your helmet was on top when the rest was wet.

breakaway
25th February 2009, 17:55
Buy some good draggin jeanz so you can keep them on when you get to uni etc

MaxCannon
25th February 2009, 19:53
Walking around in my textile gear doesn't bother me at all.
Quite happy to go to clients sites and wander around in it.

I do however have a set of very bright leathers (red and black with huge white patterns) and I feel like a bit of a prat walking around in those.

GOPSTER
25th February 2009, 22:08
I know the feeling hauling my leather jacket around uni all day especially in summer. Just got to man up and carry it, plus it helps pull chicks. If not befriend a lecturer or tutor and leave it in their office.

sunhuntin
26th February 2009, 08:12
i use a givi top box. can take rjays jacket and pants [jacket has elbow protection etc so rather bulky] can also fit my gloves, keys and beanie.
if i wear a leather jacket as opposed to the rjays one, i can squish it in my helmet cavity and then the helmet can fit as well. if i am wearing the rjays jacket, then the lid either gets locked to the helmet lock or carried with me depending on where i am.
easily on of the best bike investments ive made.

Ragingrob
26th February 2009, 08:34
At uni I lock my helmet to my bike and chuck my gear in a locker :done:

Drtylilman
26th February 2009, 09:42
Just keep your helmet on and no one will know who you are just like Stig

Riding LockedDown
26th February 2009, 10:36
hahaha being stig would be pretty sweet. but thanks for all the replies. might lock my helmet to my bike, and just try and bag my jacket and pants. They dont fold very nicely with all the reinforced elbows and stuff, but will have to do. CHeerS

kasper
27th February 2009, 08:14
Helmet in the givi top box.
My pants, jacket, hi viz and boots all go in the givi panniers. the second pannier holds all my work gear.

Yes i should have oversize plates on my bike but I can still lane split.

--kasper

Harvd
27th February 2009, 21:56
Hey Mcwild, is ur rg the black or white/red 1 at the uni bike park?

awayatc
27th February 2009, 22:00
topbox is great and inexpensive.....
helmet can be locked onto bike.
Leather jacket instead of cordura is easier to stash/or wear...

Chilling_Silence
9th March 2009, 10:02
When I was at Uni I'd just leave my gear in the common room in a corner or on a jacket-hanger.

Not terribly safe, but it never went missing :)

Sometimes if I only had one class for the day I'd just walk right into the room (sometimes a bit wet), take it off in the corner, nobody cared!

Gate0r
10th March 2009, 09:45
My only problem when walking around town etc with my gear on is that my boots make my feet mega sweaty. Same goes for the jacket on a sunny day. Luckily i'm in palmy nth so we don't get so many of those :D

Burtha
10th March 2009, 09:48
I have space under my seat and/or top box, so u guess where ... ! Or, I dress fashionably - sometimes in pink, but thats ok, cause I AM a girl :D