PDA

View Full Version : A sting in the tail

varminter
25th February 2009, 16:12
As is my wont on warm days I leave the top of my jacket open for that essential cool breeze. Today the space was taken up by what turned out to be a wasp. I found out the hard way as it stung me. Only the once, while I was waiting to see if there was any more (bee, one sting, wasp multiple) I was pounding myself on the chest like a heart attack victim. Seemed to do the trick, when I got home out fell one very beaten up wasp. Nice red lump on the top of my chest though.

kunoichi
25th February 2009, 16:17
LOL! I'v never had a problem with insects being alive wen they hit my chest and work their way into my jacket. The worst i'v had is a dragonfly splatter it's glittery juices on my chest (i was wearing a singlet). Ever since, i'v taken to wearing tops that begin closer to my neck. Shirts can always be washed, dealing with sticky bug juice on your skin, not so appealing. :p

EatOrBeEaten
25th February 2009, 16:22
I once found a bee in my, erm, decolletage after a ride. It had hit the zip, mangled itself and fallen into my top. Quite lucky that it didn't sting me in revenge!

tommygun
25th February 2009, 17:17
I have had three hits in total. One inside leg just above the knee, one inside thigh (close to the jewels) this when I was wearing normal jeans :doh: and one inside the helmet on the cheek when I had the visor up.

Slyer
25th February 2009, 17:25
Those bees and things hit hard when you are moving eh.
For me, it doesn't matter if I have been riding for hours without hitting any bugs, as soon as I open my visor while still at speed I'm almost guaranteed to get one in the face. The eye more than often..

Grumpy
25th February 2009, 19:42
Had a few stings over the years, usually around the neck so I wear a balacalva these days which works good and stops the helmet smelling all manky.
The worst one was last summer. The little bastard got into my helmet and was crawling up the inside of my visor. When I opened my visor to get it out it was blown up my nostril where it decided to sting me. My the time I got the bike stopped and got my helmet off the fucking thing had moved further up inside. After heaps of nose blowing and swearing the little shitter finally came out but it was heaps of entertainment for my very sympathetic mates. I'm surprised the pricks didn't wet themsleves.

That one REALLY hurt and I had a really good Rudolf going next day. I had a job interview and the guy couldn't stop staring at my big red nose.

CB ARGH
25th February 2009, 19:53
That one REALLY hurt and I had a really good Rudolf going next day. I had a job interview and the guy couldn't stop staring at my big red nose.

LMFAO!!!!!!!1

I've found a dead wasp in my pants after the ride to Cape Reinga, I knew it went in but couldn't find it till I got back home. Gave me the shits man... imagine trying to kill a bee that stung around the crotch area, having to smash big stewie, yowch. :bash:

gatch
25th February 2009, 21:11
My sweet blood must make me a target huh, taken bugs to the neck, the eye, in the mouth.. Had a bird play chicken with my chest.. That left a good bruise, But never been stung, that would be especially bastardly huh..

Gubb
25th February 2009, 21:26
I had a bee in the visor once. Not pleasant.

The pigeon was worse though.

Insanity_rules
3rd March 2009, 13:40
I haven't had bees but I love to ride country roads at night and I get those huge moths. I even got one in the air vent on my helmet.

Oh and I've had a sparrow disintergrate itself into my chest once. Huge bruise on my chest and some very interested cats trying to lick my jacket when I got home. The basket almost knocked me off my bike and it litteraly exploded on contact.

varminter
3rd March 2009, 19:19
I live in fear of being struck by a pterodactyl:done:

davebullet
4th March 2009, 07:28
I once found a bee in my, erm, decolletage after a ride. It had hit the zip, mangled itself and fallen into my top. Quite lucky that it didn't sting me in revenge!

....what better way for it to die? :laugh:

3umph
4th March 2009, 07:40
I got stung by a bee many many moons ago going into Te Aroha on my way to Peiroa..

Must of looked funny as I pulled over and was ripping my cloths off as I am allergic and sometimes have a small reaction to bee stings...

This year down at the Vincent rally I managed to get a wasp in my mouth as it went into my drink can before I took a mouthful...luckily I spat it out but my tongue was tingling for a while after.... f*&kn lucky

varminter
4th March 2009, 12:09
More than lucky I'd say, that happened to a mate of mine and he became allergic to beer

mazz1972
5th March 2009, 14:33
Last summer was on a stinking hot day and we all had the tops of our jackets undone. All of a sudden my back was stinging like crazy. Stopped quick smart and ripped my jacket off, then had to wait for hubby to stop and pull the sting out. After that all jackets were done right up. Stopped about an hour later for some liquid refreshment and there inside my jacket was half the bee or wasp still crawling around....poor bugger!

3umph
5th March 2009, 14:37
More than lucky I'd say, that happened to a mate of mine and he became allergic to beer

allergic to beer.... how devastating!!!!

varminter
5th March 2009, 18:51
Suppose it could have been worse, he could have been humping the wife and got stung on the todger, then what allergy would he have got?