PDA

View Full Version : Norton Owners Club Rally

ntst8
25th February 2009, 21:58
Rally held at Wainui (opposite Akaroa) on Banks Peninsula last weekend. 75 people, 45 bikes, mostly commandos, some dominators and one or two mercury's and four older bikes.
A few pics of the older stuff, there was also an ES2 which i didn't get decent pic of.
First - a model 7, ridden down from upper SI, 12 hrs to do a 4 hr ride due to problems with some grafted on VW electrical bits, but arrived under its own steam and ran well all weekend.
Second - a very tidy Inter, ridden down and back from Upper NI without a hiccup.
Third - and by contrast ridden on the day ride only, an original beach racer bitsa. Allegedly Norton engine and girder forks, triumph wheels, harley gearbox, AJS frame.
A good time was had by all, possibly too good by some ... :drinknsin

Paul in NZ
26th February 2009, 05:38
LOVE the beach racer ;-)

Saw a Commando headed north the other day that looked like it had spent some time on the road - good job!

Special
16th March 2009, 22:23
I saw bikes [Norton] around Kaikoura as I was riding south. Anyone know how one would know about Norton events coming up?

Paul in NZ
17th March 2009, 05:25
They are a secretive lot....

NighthawkNZ
17th March 2009, 06:12
I saw bikes [Norton] around Kaikoura as I was riding south. Anyone know how one would know about Norton events coming up?

http://www.nocnz.org.nz

Special
20th March 2009, 22:10
Well thanks 2 Nighthawk it's all out in the open now. Have checked out the nocnz web page and am all informed now

ntst8
21st March 2009, 07:28
Beware shameless plug for the club follows - we are trying to be less secretive, there was discussion at the rally about how to make the club more visible, the club thing is not everyones cup of tea but good if people at least know it exists.
Membership is around 200 spread over the country, the annual rally is the only whole club event for the year but there is always a club tent at Pukekohe and we will have a stand at the Waikato Swap Meet next month and are open to any other suggestions.
There are a number of area reps around the country, some of whom arrange monthly get togethers/rides - it comes down to the enthusiasm of the locals.
And of course a very well presented newsletter....
If you want a local contact those listed on the website can help or pm me - but i'm about to leave for the Southern Cross ride (my backside is sore just thnking about it) so will be out of circ for a while.