PDA

View Full Version : Best commuting road tyre for DRZ SM ?

Alpha Solo
1st March 2009, 06:50
I looking to replace the tyres on my DRZ SM with something that will be good in the wet and long lasting for commuting not racing - any suggestions?

kezzafish
3rd March 2009, 21:51
mate. super cheap shinko's. Go into your shop and ask for the ones that have a tread pattern that looks like a hundre hyperdermic needles i think they're called 007s or summing. They're about 200 bucks (about 100 cheaper than brand names) and very good grip. I only did 700k on em before my bike was stolen so can't comment on wear but they were definatly no softer than others i tried which usually lasted 3000k ish. depends how hard you are on em too. Get em they're good. Shit i sound like i'm the importer or something!

Alpha Solo
4th March 2009, 07:28
Cheers for the reply, and sorry to hear you still don't have your bike back.

GaZBur
4th March 2009, 20:41
I have just taken off a set of Dunlop 501's off my DR650. 110/70-17 front 150/70-17 rear. I can recommend them for commuting and wet riding once they are warm. They slide early but predictably without real drama. I have worn the extreme left edge off this set racing but they still have heaps of wear in them if you dont intend to scrape the left peg everywhere you go. PM me if you interested I will send you pics and sell them cheap as they are now replaced with Dunlop GPRa10's. These appear to be heaps better grip-wise but I doubt they will wear as well and have very few rain grooves. I also have used Pirelli Sport demons on the DR and found them good especially in the wet.

Morcs
4th March 2009, 20:56
Run something like the stock front (D208) and i found an 092 to work well on the rear - shit tyre in most times, but on the drz was great - never slipped out, good thrashing around in the wet or dry, and dirt dirt cheap.