PDA

View Full Version : My try at trials.

koba
1st March 2009, 20:18
I managed to bludge a ride on a KT250 for a go at a classic and twinshock trials event.
I have had very little offroad experience and had never even seen a trials event before so I didn't really know what to expect.
As the course was set up I started to get a wee bit intimidated, it was looking all a wee bit to complex for my brain, all these marker things about the place...
After a quick explaination and a lot of walking about I got the idea of what I had to do.

The first three stages were mainly looping in and out of trees with a few jumps over the roots. They looked like they would be really quite easy. (guess what, they were harder than they looked!)

The second, and last, three were in an old dry creek bed that we had to drop into, turn on some and go thru gates over logs and debris and then come up the muddy bank.
They looked like they were going to be as hard as a schoolboy in a stripclub. They were!

These 6 stages were run 3 times to make 18 stages in total

The scoring works a bit like golf with lowest being best.
You get points for cocking up, with a maximum of 5 per stage.

1 for putting your foot down,
3 for putting your foot down twice,
5 for three times.

5 for stopping(It think), moving backwards and falling off.

As you go through a stage it had gate/checkpoint kind of things not going thru these or hitting them is also 5 points.

I got better at the part of the track thru the trees as I got the hang of the bike better and I was stoked with how much fun I had in that bit but some of the guys on this were REALLY good! It was amazing watching on guy taking the expert lines hit a tree almost head on so he bounced off it in the right direction, it bloody worked well too.

The Creek bed basically broke me!
out of the 9 runs I think I got 7 5 point runs and a 3 point one.
My FIRST go was the best with 1 point!
My real offroad skills suck at the moment but this was great development.

The variety of bikes was interesting, as wells as a good showing of Bultaco and Montessa twinshock bikes there were some jappas but the coolest bike were the old brit thumpers, with a brilliantly used looking Triumph Tiger Cub and an old Royal Enfield that looed HUGE and heavy compared to the newer strokers.

It was a brilliant day out, If you ever get the chance give it a go because it is really alot of fun.

98tls
1st March 2009, 20:29
Great write up,always something ive fancied having a go at,learnt to ride on a TL250 back when a 9 year old.Ironic i still have a TL.

Trudes
1st March 2009, 20:29
Sounds like great fun M. Good going!:woohoo:

Brian d marge
1st March 2009, 20:34
I Royal Enfield that looed HUGE and heavy compared to the newer strokers.

It was a brilliant day out, If you ever get the chance give it a go because it is really alot of fun.

OI not quite that heavy ...400 odd pound ish ... not my fault those eastern fellas are tiny ......
I would like to see a combination of a trail ride with those observed sections thrown in ,,,like the A loop with observed sections ....

:Punk:

Stephen

Ixion
1st March 2009, 20:36
Always wanted to try trials. I figured out years ago that I'd never be able to ride fast, so I might as well prove that I can't ride slow either. Just never got round to it. (And the experts make it look a bit intimidating)

koba
1st March 2009, 20:46
Great write up,always something ive fancied having a go at,learnt to ride on a TL250 back when a 9 year old.Ironic i still have a TL.

Try have a crack at it if you can, I don't know much about clubs and all that but I'm sure if you found a meeting somwhere not to far from home and went and had a looksie and a yarn you would pointed in the right direction.

Sounds like great fun M. Good going!:woohoo:

Almost as good as a night at the Kendogs! :msn-wink:

OI not quite that heavy ...400 odd pound ish ... not my fault those eastern fellas are tiny ......
I would like to see a combination of a trail ride with those observed sections thrown in ,,,like the A loop with observed sections ....

Stephen

This one would have been lighter than that but it was still the biggest meanest bike there!
I think it was probably old enough to have been built in ol blighty too.

Always wanted to try trials. I figured out years ago that I'd never be able to ride fast, so I might as well prove that I can't ride slow either. Just never got round to it. (And the experts make it look a bit intimidating)

Give it a crack, plenty of old buggers out there today gave me the learn!

Ocean1
1st March 2009, 20:56
I managed to bludge a ride on a KT250 for a go at a classic and twinshock trials event.

Dude called Samy Miller developed the KT, I used to wallow around on one. I was going to go for a look yesterday but they postponed it eh?

If you turn up at any one of these: http://www.ixion.org.nz/cald.html and look keen there's a very good chance one of the guys will offer you a wee play on something a bit more contemporary.

Stephen

Scott trials? We used to organise our own version, completely un-sanctioned. Got everything from Ossas to TL125s to TM400s turning up, it all evened out in the wash, excellent fun.

koba
1st March 2009, 21:13
If you turn up at any one of these: http://www.ixion.org.nz/cald.html and look keen there's a very good chance one of the guys will offer you a wee play on something a bit more contemporary.

Oh yeah, could be worth a look!

merv
1st March 2009, 21:21
Good on ya Koba, trials certainly is good fun. I started with trials as my first form of motorsport way back when I had a lot more hair and no helmet was required, though I haven't done it now for a long time. Mmmm where could I get a good Bultaco these days?

You'll love these pics from 1973 and 1974?

Sammy Miller was behind the success of the Bultacos too of course, and the long distance trials we called Scott Trials, and Koba will laugh but I even entered the A100 fitted with trials tyres in one of those long ago back when my Bro' was competing on his TS90 Honcho. Denill on this site will remember well those days in Hawkes Bay. Lookee there, the last pic is of Denill from 1973.

98tls
1st March 2009, 21:23
Dude called Samy Miller developed the KT, I used to wallow around on one. I was going to go for a look yesterday but they postponed it eh?

Scottish trials? We used to organise our own version, completely un-sanctioned. Got everything from Ossas to TL125s to TM400s turning up, it all evened out in the wash, excellent fun. Nice post,theres even something for us downunder wannabes to attend,nice.

Motu
1st March 2009, 22:03
Dude called Samy Miller developed the KT

Don Smith did the KT 250,he did a lot of development of the Montesa Cota too,and you can see a lot of the Cota in the KT.After taking GOV132 to it's limits,Sammy Millar developed the Bultaco Sherpa T,then went on to do the Honda TL250,which was never a success.Mick Andrews fine tuned the Ossa Plonker,then went on to do the Yamaha TY bikes,which were the best of the early Jap bikes,the TY175 would be the best Japanese Twin Shock made.The guy who made the RL250 Suzuki is as forgotten as the bike.

I had a KT250 for 12 years - the motor was good,pretty grunty....but noisy and a bit ''ropey'' at low speeds.The handling was a bit wayward,and reluctant to turn full lock under power.

Unless those suthiners have their own rules,they should be...

1 - for one dab
2 - for 2 dabs
3 - for 3 or more dabs,basically you can sit down and paddle your way through for 3 points.
5 - for stopping or dropping the bike,or crossing your line,going outside a marker.
10 - rarely used,but the highest penalty for refusing a section.

These rules still apply to modern bikes,but because they cheat to the extreme,new rules have been made for Classic,Twinshock and Aircooled.You can't stop,or fail to continue to make way (no standing and balancing) no reversing,no hopping etc.This is just to enforce the intent of the old rules.

Good on you for getting out there,hopefully there will be more interest shown in trials again soon.

xwhatsit
1st March 2009, 22:12
Oh right. Didn't realise about the `no standing' thing -- I saw an indoor trials event ages ago and they were standing and hopping and doing all sorts of trickery. Might've just been for show, but they were getting scored. Put me off the idea of ever trying it because one thing I sure can't do is balance on a bike like that! :laugh:

I watched a few videos of outdoors trials like you described, boy it looks fun. Like the kind of things me and my mates used to get up to in the trees and creek behind the park on our mountain bikes. One more thing to put on my list of things-to-try :D

Ocean1
1st March 2009, 22:13
Don Smith did the KT 250,he did a lot of development of the Montesa Cota too,and you can see a lot of the Cota in the KT.

I stand... er, sit corrected.

I had a KT250 for 12 years - the motor was good,pretty grunty....but noisy and a bit ''ropey'' at low speeds.The handling was a bit wayward,and reluctant to turn full lock under power.

I messed around with the forks a fair bit, was never entirely happy with them. What did work is I loaded up the flywheel mass a bit, helped with that hickup-stall thing.

merv
1st March 2009, 22:15
Sammy Millar developed the Bultaco Sherpa T,then went on to do the Honda TL250,which was never a success.

Funny you say that about the Honda, you must have selective memory, because I remember Eddy Lejeune winning the world trials championship 3 years in a row on the Honda as per this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_motorcycle_trials_champions which sounds kinda like success to me, and Greg Power did wonders on it in this country.

Number One
1st March 2009, 22:20
Almost as good as a night at the Kendogs! :msn-wink:

BUT tell me NOT better than an orgy at the Monsters eh?! :lol:

well done you sounds like a blast..get any pics???!!!

Ocean1
1st March 2009, 22:28
Funny you say that about the Honda, you must have selective memory, because I remember Eddy Lejeune winning the world trials championship 3 years in a row on the Honda as per this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_motorcycle_trials_champions which sounds kinda like success to me, and Greg Power did wonders on it in this country.

I saw that Honda, there wasn't much on it you could call TL.

Greg's was pretty standard though, and yes he could certainly ride it.

Motu
1st March 2009, 22:30
Funny you say that about the Honda, you must have selective memory, because I remember Eddy Lejeune winning the world trials championship 3 years in a row on the Honda

Eddy didn't win on Sammy's TL250,the bike was way more developed by the '80's when Eddy rode,it was more like the TLR,which most likely came out of his development work.Gregg is a big guy,and rode by brute force,the overweight TL250 was a lightweight to him.

Motu
1st March 2009, 23:02
I messed around with the forks a fair bit, was never entirely happy with them. What did work is I loaded up the flywheel mass a bit, helped with that hickup-stall thing.

I thought the KT forks were the best of those early Japanese trials bikes,still not as good as the Spanish stuff,but better than the rest.I liked the vent valves....like the Spanish bikes.The forks vented air - so when you dropped off,say a rock or step,and stopped...the forks would compress,and stay compressed.Unvented forks rebound,and possibly throw you off balance.

The rough running of the KT at low speeds would be better cured with some modern thinking about jetting....but we didn't think like that back then.The heavier flywheel would cover up the poor jetting....and slow down engine response.Engine response was becoming important in the '80's when the Fantic's came along,the old bikes were just too sluggish.I was thinking of taking weight off my TY175 flywheel to get it to rev quicker.

Ocean1
1st March 2009, 23:20
I liked the vent valves....like the Spanish bikes.The forks vented air - so when you dropped off,say a rock or step,and stopped...the forks would compress,and stay compressed.Unvented forks rebound,and possibly throw you off balance.

I agree, that was one of the mods I played with, complete with separate in/out flow control and an adjustable high pressure dump valve.

The rough running of the KT at low speeds would be better cured with some modern thinking about jetting....but we didn't think like that back then.The heavier flywheel would cover up the poor jetting....and slow down engine response.Engine response was becoming important in the '80's when the Fantic's came along,the old bikes were just too sluggish.I was thinking of taking weight off my TY175 flywheel to get it to rev quicker.

Didn't seem to slow the response too much, and I'd been used to 4Ts so I was sorta used to that anyway. It did make it more tractable, which was a bonus in the local conditions. It was never going to be a Fantic in terms of weight and handling anyway so point & squirt techniques requiring instant power sorta weren't on the menu.

Brian d marge
1st March 2009, 23:56
Harumph .... tis the men from the boys is what you young fells need

http://www.yorksclassictrials.co.uk/waywewere.htm

by gum

Stephen

Str8 Jacket
2nd March 2009, 06:32

I was there as an observer today and watched 2 of the 6 points. There was this one guy there riding 2 bikes, with one he took the expert line and the other the "normal" line. He made it look easy no matter which bike he took out and even while he was waiting for his next go he was bouncing of trees and doing some crazy stuff, all in slow motion. :niceone:

I saw some great/funny crashes, all in slow motion! I'd love to give it a go but after 10 mins on a little BSA Bantam I was stuffed. Those guy's have some serious skills!

koba got better as the day went on and I swear he had a smile even when he was rolling backwards, lying on his side or just plain crashing! Here's hoping we dont end up with another bike in the garage anytime soon!

koba
2nd March 2009, 06:35
Koba will laugh but I even entered the A100 fitted with trials tyres in one of those long ago back when my Bro' was competing on his TS90 Honcho.
Funny you should say that, I was thinking myself the A would do OK in the flatter sections with a pair of knobblies and lower gearing!
I had a go on a Bultaco like that, the back to frontness of it was strange!

Unless those suthiners have their own rules,they should be...
Good on you for getting out there,hopefully there will be more interest shown in trials again soon.

I found the low speed running its weak point too, on one section I was kicking arse and then stuffed it with a real dumb stall! I really saw the difference when I had a play on a Bultaco 350.

I may have the rules wrong aye, I'm not sure.

Oh right. Didn't realise about the `no standing' thing -- I saw an indoor trials event ages ago and they were standing and hopping and doing all sorts of trickery. Might've just been for show, but they were getting scored. Put me off the idea of ever trying it because one thing I sure can't do is balance on a bike like that! :laugh:

I watched a few videos of outdoors trials like you described, boy it looks fun. Like the kind of things me and my mates used to get up to in the trees and creek behind the park on our mountain bikes. One more thing to put on my list of things-to-try :D

Classic trials are not as hard out as the new bikes but still super challenging.

I know the thing of which you speak!

BUT tell me NOT better than an orgy at the Monsters eh?! :lol:

well done you sounds like a blast..get any pics???!!!

No THAT good, but very good all the same!
WIll post pics if I get some that other people took.

I thought the KT forks were the best of those early Japanese trials bikes,still not as good as the Spanish stuff,but better than the rest.I liked the vent valves....like the Spanish bikes.The forks vented air - so when you dropped off,say a rock or step,and stopped...the forks would compress,and stay compressed.Unvented forks rebound,and possibly throw you off balance.

Smart thinking.
The guy who was bouncing off trees and shit was on a fantic, It looked like a very capabale motorcycle in his hands, but he also rode the Royal Enfield and made it do things I wouldn't have imagined it could do!

I agree, that was one of the mods I played with, complete with separate in/out flow control and an adjustable high pressure dump valve.

Interesting...

Harumph .... tis the men from the boys is what you young fells need

Cool!

PeteJ
2nd March 2009, 11:34

Stephen

Scott trials. Great fun. One of my old trials mates once did one in the late 60s on a Honda 50 stepthru. Destroyed it, but he finished.

Ocean1
2nd March 2009, 16:24
Here's hoping we dont end up with another bike in the garage anytime soon!

Heaps of KTs were dumped on the NZ market, around $700 iirc, most were gobbled up by farmers. You still see the odd one going for a few hundred but they usually need a lot of tlc. Cost of attending a meeting is bugger all, couple of bucks for gas and maybe the occasional lever. Tyres are the biggie but you can do a season on a pair at a pinch.

Funny you should say that, I was thinking myself the A would do OK in the flatter sections with a pair of knobblies and lower gearing!

No knobblies. Not only are they verbotten they don't work anywhere near as well.

The guy who was bouncing off trees and shit was on a fantic, It looked like a very capabale motorcycle in his hands, but he also rode the Royal Enfield and made it do things I wouldn't have imagined it could do!

I lusted after a Fantic 240, the last and possibly the best of the twin shock era. A mate still has one, calls it his Kenworth and compared to a modern bike that's not far from the mark. I've pestered him to sell it to me, damn fine trail bike.

quallman1234
2nd March 2009, 19:04
Good stuff koba. Gutted I missed this! Turned up way too late.

Did you do it on sat or sun?

koba
2nd March 2009, 20:27
No knobblies. Not only are they verbotten they don't work anywhere near as well.

I lusted after a Fantic 240, the last and possibly the best of the twin shock era. A mate still has one, calls it his Kenworth and compared to a modern bike that's not far from the mark. I've pestered him to sell it to me, damn fine trail bike.

The trials tyres look knobbly to me but yeah, I guess it would need a 21' front or somthing too to fit the correct sort of tyre.
Ground clearance would be a problem in some bits too.
I had a play today and given the right tyres it would have pissed thru the flat bits but sucked arse on than lumpy bits.

Kenworth, Love it!

koba
2nd March 2009, 20:28
Good stuff koba. Gutted I missed this! Turned up way too late.

Did you do it on sat or sun?

Sunday, It was soo cool man!

Motu
2nd March 2009, 20:51
Heaps of KTs were dumped on the NZ market, around $700 iirc, most were gobbled up by farmers. You still see the odd one going for a few hundred but they usually need a lot of tlc. Cost of attending a meeting is bugger all, couple of bucks for gas and maybe the occasional lever. Tyres are the biggie but you can do a season on a pair at a pinch.

They made a good farm bike far plonking around slowly.Another reason is that farmers didn't pay tax on their farm bikes,and were allowed one every 2 years.A trials rider would often find a friendly farmer to buy him a bike,a cheap bike for the trials rider,and a little bit of cash for the farmer to compensate.

$10 to $20 for the day,most of the proceeds going to the farmer to thank him for use of the farm.Then there is the license bit,lots of moaning about that.For guys who ride only a couple of times per year,the cost of club membership,and license costs are just too much.The South Island has gone to a confederacy,and has nothing to do with MNZ,this has worked out very well,trials is booming down there.There was an attempt to do the same in the North Island,but hit a lot of stumbling blocks and the movement seems to have stalled.You can get a day license,but they are a bit expensive,and more than a couple per season is getting close to a license.There still has to to be a MNZ Steward to issue the license,and you have to belong to a club.So called ''practice days'' get around this,but they can't hold too many a season.Something will have to done,as it's one of the main reasons that trials has gone into decline.

Tyres will easily go a couple of seasons if you are serious (reversed for season 2) - But I haven't even reversed the rear tyre on the TLR200 in 7 seasons,and see no reason to yet.My front tyre is over 10 years old and the carcase is covered in cracks,yet is good for a few more years yet.

Ocean1
2nd March 2009, 21:05
They made a good farm bike far plonking around slowly.Another reason is that farmers didn't pay tax on their farm bikes,and were allowed one every 2 years.A trials rider would often find a friendly farmer to buy him a bike,a cheap bike for the trials rider,and a little bit of cash for the farmer to compensate.

More or less how I sourced mine...

koba
2nd March 2009, 21:06
Something will have to done,as it's one of the main reasons that trials has gone into decline.

Tyres will easily go a couple of seasons if you are serious (reversed for season 2) - But I haven't even reversed the rear tyre on the TLR200 in 7 seasons,and see no reason to yet.My front tyre is over 10 years old and the carcase is covered in cracks,yet is good for a few more years yet.

It isn't really a side of motorcycling that NEEDS the whole MNZ thing is it?

I like your approach to tyre wear!

koba
2nd March 2009, 21:07
More or less how I sourced mine...

What!? Not green!

I thought the chain oil in swingarm thing was a nice touch to the KT.

Ocean1
2nd March 2009, 21:11
What!? Not green!

Mate, I couldn't afford green paint, I had red urethane so that's what it got.

koba
2nd March 2009, 21:13
Mate, I couldn't afford green paint, I had red urethane so that's what it got.

Haha, Nice, thats a bit like how it works for me too.

Motu
2nd March 2009, 21:17
What!? Not green!

The chain oiler was one of the touches Don Smith brought over from the Cota.

My KT was red too - my mate was painting a Monaro,and the tank was sitting there....

My KT was ridden across a bay when the tide was out....it only got halfway.It was dragged out the next day after a night under water.I got it for $25 a few days later.It was ok after I replaced the frame (just for safety sake),fork springs and a few other items.But it was never a looker after that.

merv
2nd March 2009, 21:30
It isn't really a side of motorcycling that NEEDS the whole MNZ thing is it?

Yeah agreed, but even in the 70's we had competition licences, though buggered if I can remember what the cost was then. I do remember turning up at Hawkes Bay club trials and the entry fee was 20 cents. I was just a school boy then so was happy with that price. I rode a few Nationals and the entry fee would have been a few dollars - rip off eh! It was pretty rare we ever had any hassles with officialdom then.

Motu
2nd March 2009, 22:20
In the '80's it was still pretty low key,no helmets,and a day licence was $3.After everyone had signed on and payed,the girls went off and got some prizes out of the start money from the local area - good if it was a wine area,but often oil and stuff from a service station.It was good to know what you paid was going back to the riders and farmer.That's all who should be involved.Not a lot of prizes were given in this 21st century....but I have a few trophies up in the cabinet,they mean nothing really,but it's kinda nice to see them there....

Ocean1
2nd March 2009, 22:40
In the '80's it was still pretty low key,no helmets,and a day licence was $3.

Not sure much has changed, I remember widespread bleating about ACU fees and what value they represented for trials clubs. It was a valid bitch too, we were once instructed that trials was a winter sport and our "out-of-season" twilight trials should cease forthwith. They would, we were told, sanction 8 club events each year, between dates X & Y, and no correspondence will be entered into etc. Don't recall ever seeing a representitve actually at a club meeting. Difficulties with alternative insurance cover seemed to be the main reason most clubs never actually broke away.

koba
3rd March 2009, 06:23
Difficulties with alternative insurance cover seemed to be the main reason most clubs never actually broke away.

I know alternatie cover can be arrranged, Im sure trials would be very low risk for a motorcycle event.

Bah, not my worry anyway, I'm not that deep into it yet!

koba
3rd March 2009, 06:24
The chain oiler was one of the touches Don Smith brought over from the Cota.

My KT was red too - my mate was painting a Monaro,and the tank was sitting there....

My KT was ridden across a bay when the tide was out....it only got halfway.It was dragged out the next day after a night under water.I got it for $25 a few days later.It was ok after I replaced the frame (just for safety sake),fork springs and a few other items.But it was never a looker after that.

Awesome!

I do remember turning up at Hawkes Bay club trials and the entry fee was 20 cents.

:grandpawalkingsticksmilie:

merv
3rd March 2009, 18:01
OK just for you guys I've dug out some old photos from the National trials champs 1977.

There is a couple of Greg power on the Honda, some Pom on a KT250 and some guy on a Suzuki RL250. See no helmets etc and this was the National championship not just some club meet. Cool huh.

When I've got time I'll have to search out a few more old pics because now my brother has died I have his collection at home too. He had many road race pics too so who knows what I'll find.

Ocean1
3rd March 2009, 18:35
I know alternatie cover can be arrranged, Im sure trials would be very low risk for a motorcycle event.

The world worked differently then dude.

OK just for you guys I've dug out some old photos from the National trials champs 1977.

Nice, cheers.

Motu
3rd March 2009, 19:18
Check out the fireman's gumboots that Greg is wearing - we used to get them off Firemen as they threw them out.They had a toe cap and steel shank,so were pretty good stuff.And that is not the standard TL250,looks like a works job.There was some other guy who worked at Blue Wing and rode a TL250 too....I'll remember his name when someone mentions it....

merv
3rd March 2009, 19:22
You'll notice the TLs were slightly different as the photos were taken in June 1977 and November 1977 hence the woolly hat in the first shot being in winter.

How about this one from back in October 1975 at the Nationals when Greg was on a Yamaha be-gods! :clap:

koba
3rd March 2009, 19:54
Great pics merv!
Love the style of the day, a very different world!

merv
3rd March 2009, 20:08
Great pis merv!
Love the style of the day, a very different world!

Yeah mate, who knows you could get good at it and be our next Stefan Merriman.

koba
3rd March 2009, 20:14
Yeah mate, who knows you could get good at it and be our next Stefan Merriman.

I think it would take alot to get good at trials aye!

Pics without the "c" makes pis!

Pedrostt500
3rd March 2009, 20:25
I doubt I'll ever take my old KT near compitition, as my sence of balance is real crap, Ive got to rebuild the front forks and replace the rear shocks, also recover the seat, i liked the Idea of being able to have a lot of fun in a small space, i got a couple of large boxes of spare parts with my KT, looks to be a spare motor and a half, there is also a local guy who makes spare parts for KTs and sells them on the net.

Ocean1
3rd March 2009, 20:26
I think it would take alot to get good at trials aye!

You know that answer. But you can spend all day, and I mean ALL day on a trials bike playing/practicing for threepence ha'penny and a ham sandwich. Skills learned in trials carry over too, most pro enduro riders practice on trials bikes LOTS, and a lot of track dudes have trials on their CV.

koba
3rd March 2009, 20:27
You know that answer. But you can spend all day, and I mean ALL day on a trials bike playing/practicing for threepence ha'penny and a ham sandwich. Skills learned in trials carry over too, most pro enduro riders practice on trials bikes LOTS, and a lot of track dudes have trials on their CV.

Skill AND FITNESS!
I found that out!

koba
3rd March 2009, 20:28
I doubt I'll ever take my old KT near compitition, as my sence of balance is real crap, Ive got to rebuild the front forks and replace the rear shocks, also recover the seat, i liked the Idea of being able to have a lot of fun in a small space, i got a couple of large boxes of spare parts with my KT, looks to be a spare motor and a half, there is also a local guy who makes spare parts for KTs and sells them on the net.

Oh, DO IT!

the worst that can happen is you fall off, which is nothing!

koba
4th March 2009, 06:12
Info about another event is here: http://www.britishdirt.co.nz

Ocean1
4th March 2009, 18:18
Info about another event is here: http://www.britishdirt.co.nz

:niceone:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=69966

merv
4th March 2009, 18:28
Koba I've posted you a cool road race pic here http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=1965026&postcount=8

koba
8th March 2009, 17:01
Koba I've posted you a cool road race pic here http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=1965026&postcount=8

Ive been a bit slow to reply, Ive dissappeared into a study book!
That is cool, loving the other pics too!

merv
8th March 2009, 19:24
No worries, as long as you are enjoying your study of course.

koba
8th March 2009, 20:37
always ;)

tenchar