PDA

View Full Version : Ahooga Horn

CB ARGH
2nd March 2009, 08:54
Hey guys,

Just got myself an ahooga horn, yeah, a horn that goes ahooga, how original. :laugh:

It is 12V, 3A, would it run on the bike? What electrical line could I run it through?

Thanks a lot! :Punk:

Finn
2nd March 2009, 08:56
Hey guys,

Just got myself an ahooga horn, yeah, a horn that goes ahooga, how original. :laugh:

It is 12V, 3A, would it run on the bike? What electrical line could I run it through?

I want one for my Harley. Where do I get one from?

CB ARGH
2nd March 2009, 09:00
I want one for my Harley. Where do I get one from?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Other-accessories/auction-204615106.htm

I have yet to test it out though, I'll tell you guys how it goes... well, I'm sure you'll hear it! :banana:

Finn
2nd March 2009, 09:02
Thanks but it's quite big though. Wonder where I could put it?

MSTRS
2nd March 2009, 09:04
Hey guys,

Are they legal? If so, just use your existing horn wiring. You won't even need a relay.

CB ARGH
2nd March 2009, 09:04
Thanks but it's quite big though. Wonder where I could put it?

Yeah, it's 23cm long and about 10cm diameter... I didn't realise it was that big too!

CB ARGH
2nd March 2009, 09:12
Okay just tried it with the normal horn wiring, it works.

The first few tried it sounded a bit retarded, but then after that it started to sound a bit better.

Fucking loud too, much louder than the original horn, should be fine with WOF, and if not I'll just plug in the old one for the test.

Time to find a place on the bike... yowch! :confused:

awayatc
2nd March 2009, 09:26
Pretty neat....how much did you end up paying?

vifferman
2nd March 2009, 09:38
Okay just tried it with the normal horn wiring, it works.

The first few tried it sounded a bit retarded, but then after that it started to sound a bit better.
In that case, you'd be better off fitting it with a relay, and some heavier gauge wires back to the battery, via a fuse. Even the wimpy standard horn benefits from this. :yes: Plus the contacts on the horn button will thank you for not sticking an extra 3A through them.

CB ARGH
4th March 2009, 21:19
Pretty neat....how much did you end up paying?
$22.50 Including Postage. I paid $12.00 for the item. Cheap bit of fun, and if it doesn't work then oh well, it was a good laugh for a few seconds!

In that case, you'd be better off fitting it with a relay, and some heavier gauge wires back to the battery, via a fuse. Even the wimpy standard horn benefits from this. :yes: Plus the contacts on the horn button will thank you for not sticking an extra 3A through them.

Thanks for that vifferman! Much appreciated!;)

DarkLord
16th March 2009, 09:33
Dude.

An ahooga horn is just awesome. I'd like to get one for my bike, 'specially if it's loud.

Just thought of something though - will people take your horn blasting seriously if you are trying to tell them off about anything on the road?

That would be my only concern about having one. If I'm pissed off at someone on the road, I want them to know about it, rather than burst out laughing.... lol.

breakaway
16th March 2009, 11:41
Get dual air horns fitted then.

Nothing like people moving out of your way like you're a road train.