PDA

View Full Version : Where the hell did you park?

macros87
2nd March 2009, 14:42
now being the first day of uni, was it difficult to find parking for you guys? I was lucky to find a scooter just about to leave its parking spot on that road by AUT that comes out to symonds where the subway is, but i had always just parked along symonds in front of the engineering building, I was always too lazy to find any more imaginative parking! just asking cos i might not be so lucky tomorrow!

motorbyclist
2nd March 2009, 16:10
now why would i tell you where my park is? it's MY park :p

PirateJafa
2nd March 2009, 17:51
There goes my hopes of a cheap RVF track bike then.

macros87
2nd March 2009, 17:54
dude just ask ppl if they have seen a bike with black bits of tape on their head lights parked anywhere, he will regret the angry eyebrows look in no time!

Real_Wolf
2nd March 2009, 18:02
while those guys are busy not actually offering any advice, go check the thread at the top and bug us again when you have no clue whats going on

motorbyclist
2nd March 2009, 18:20
while those guys are busy not actually offering any advice, go check the thread at the top and bug us again when you have no clue whats going on

awwwwww someone's sore they still don't have a bike :bleh:

though to be fair, there are several parking around uni threads, one of which is sticky

Real_Wolf
2nd March 2009, 19:58
yes.... yes I am

I had to ride the bus today

THE BUS

Thats a 50 minute to an hour wait (hour today, during rush hour), then a 5-10 minute walk.

Which is all equivalent to 10-20 minutes on a bike, with no walk.

I want a bike, soon as studylink pays me the course compensation grand we start looking, and I take whatever is decent that I can afford and like and is working as soon as.

macros87
2nd March 2009, 21:25
dude i feel your pain! a couple of weeks ago i had to catch the bus into work cos it was raining too hard, all those ppl starting at me! sitting around me, the sitting in traffic.. traumatizing experience really.. that same day invested in a waterproof jacket!

rie
3rd March 2009, 08:20
there's always plenty of parking down at law (eden cres) if you're desperate. a bit of a walk up the hill though.

plus if you go past the gate into the staff parking there is again plenty of parking designated for motorbikes (whether staff or not), and they are never full.

Phurrball
3rd March 2009, 15:35
there's always plenty of parking down at law (eden cres) if you're desperate. a bit of a walk up the hill though.

plus if you go past the gate into the staff parking there is again plenty of parking designated for motorbikes (whether staff or not), and they are never full.

And they're under cover/watched over by hundreds of passing law students...

Happy to NOT be a student looking for a bike park right now.

Ragingrob
3rd March 2009, 19:57
Grrr a downside of midday-ish starts, harder to find a park for me! Dammit I would love lockers down in business!

TOTO
3rd March 2009, 20:02
yes.... yes I am

I had to ride the bus today

THE BUS

Thats a 50 minute to an hour wait (hour today, during rush hour), then a 5-10 minute walk.

Which is all equivalent to 10-20 minutes on a bike, with no walk.

I want a bike, soon as studylink pays me the course compensation grand we start looking, and I take whatever is decent that I can afford and like and is working as soon as.

Here is what you need - Clicky... (http://www.getincensed.com/wp-content/uploads/vagisil.jpg)

Patar
13th March 2009, 22:05
Not being able to find a park is almost as confusing to me as the people who insist on parking on top of each other at engineering and owen glenn carpark (namely lvl's 1 & 2) when there's three level's of parking that's barely touched.
The time lost going down another level and being able to park basically wherever you want is made up in not having to fight for a spot, and it's not like you have to walk any further to get out....

Real_Wolf
13th March 2009, 23:44
nah, its mostly the cp36 that people complain about, because they only see teh labelled areas, go "oh, its full", and so park on sidewalks, then complain theres no space elsewhere

macros87
14th March 2009, 00:18
in my defence (not that anyone seems to be attacking me) it was the first day and the parking in between the commons and engineering where i regularly parked was no more... i panicked realising i had to be in class and i was still on the bike. i have since found legal, well placed, and covered parking which solves everything.