PDA

View Full Version : Waste of a *$%#ing ride

slofox
3rd March 2009, 16:54
So. Today I had the chance to go on business to Tauranga. Strictly voluntary you unnerstand...:innocent:
Bein' as 'ow it were a fine an' sunny day an' all, :sunny: I decided it would be a good idea to get over there on the bike - chance to test the new(ish now) tyres on the Kaimai hill.....:scooter:
Ha! Fat ferkin' chance. Seems the road maintenance gentlemen have torn up half the highway on the western side (the interesting side). So traffic was single lane all the way up (and down coming back) wherein cars (and bikes) were forced to "creepeth like snails, unwillingly to..."... wherever they were going - with apologies to Mr Shakespeare.
Only chance I got to push it a little was on the Eastern side which is much less interesting...:yawn:
BUT I did get the chance to zoom past one of those bloody old red camera vans with finger extended...hehehe. :devil2:
Combined with high temperatures and liquid tar snakes everywhere it was not the most fun ride I ever had....:violin:
Bugger. Hate it when that happens...

jtzzr
3rd March 2009, 17:06
I understand your pain , that`s a nice ride up the western side.

I don`t know if the finger was necessary, Your`e a bad man.:Police:

tigertim20
3rd March 2009, 17:37
gutted!! could have been worse, could have ended up with fresh hotmix spray all over your paint job!!

slofox
3rd March 2009, 17:59
I don`t know if the finger was necessary, Your`e a bad man.:Police:

Yerrr - well just as I did it the gnome from within the van came round the side didn'e..ahhh ha ha ha oops...:Oops:

FJRider
3rd March 2009, 18:08
so if the gnome got your number.... isn't the mail system wonderful...

Patrick
3rd March 2009, 19:21
Funny if you were speeding... Photo from the front, rego recorded by the gnome from behind... back at ya...:finger:

Burtha
4th March 2009, 07:41
worse, you could be on MY bike ... 250cc piece of s*&!$
Shame though - may your next ride be much more fruitful :)

Mystic13
4th March 2009, 09:17
. So traffic was single lane all the way up (and down coming back) wherein cars (and bikes) were forced to "creepeth like snails, unwillingly to..."... wherever they were going - with apologies to Mr Shakespeare....

Don't tell me you road over the Kaimai's on the way there noting the road works. Then heading back to Aucks you rode back over the Kaimai's through the crawling roadworks again.

I didn't think bikers did that. Surely you found an alternate route home?

slofox
4th March 2009, 11:14
Funny if you were speeding... Photo from the front, rego recorded by the gnome from behind... back at ya...:finger:

Ahh but that's the point - I wasn't speeding...just "on the limit" Who knows ifn they have a way of looking at ya after you've gone past...

Don't tell me you road over the Kaimai's on the way there noting the road works. Then heading back to Aucks you rode back over the Kaimai's through the crawling roadworks again.

I didn't think bikers did that. Surely you found an alternate route home?

Wellllll I did find an alternative route home but only after crossing back - I did have a time frame to stay within unfortunately....every extra minute was costing me money....oh and I was going back to Hammertron....not d'Auckland...else I woulda gone up the coast.

shafty
4th March 2009, 11:36
There's roadworks EVERYWHERE!

I did a return Matiere/Tauranga trip Mon/Tues and I encountered 3 sets of temprary traffic lights by the time I hit Whakamaru, then the ugliest stretch of one way gravel up the Kaimai's. It was looking like I would have to crawl up behind a logging truck but managed to sneak past.

So I planned the return trip to avoid most of the roads travelled on the way there, ie via the Tauranga - Rotorua direct route, alas there were k's of gnarly gravelly 'works at the Hamurana end, then more at the Bennydale turn off.

GREAT RIDE THOUGH!!!!!

slofox
4th March 2009, 14:44
Yep. This morning was one of those rare Waikato mornings when the air is dry (RH45%), it is cool and you can see forever. My little morning therapy pootle extended itself by some 50% once I got going...bringing me into the dreaded solid on petrol warning light zone with 350km since the last fill...must be near dry.
Mind you, still ran into even yet more again roadworx...SH39 just North of Otorohanga is all dug up and one lane again and even Forkert Road has been resealed since last week...this is a minor road running west from Ohaupo, up and down and around and down scenic kinda road. New seal, unswept of course, on the steepest downhill part...how unusual.
Anyway, the ride felt better than yesterday for sure.

Squid69
4th March 2009, 14:50

i went past a speed camera with my pants off standing on the seat.
it flashed, i hope you enjoy the picture, snake.

Patrick
4th March 2009, 16:43
Surely you found an alternate route home?

The Mrs, perhaps... You ask too many questions. Mind your business.

Who knows ifn they have a way of looking at ya after you've gone past...

??? Dey call dem... "eyes"

i went past a speed camera with my pants off standing on the seat.
it flashed, i hope you enjoy the picture, snake.

You know shit from clay? Piss off homo. Keep ya squid in ya pants.

rocketman1
4th March 2009, 16:58
So. Today I had the chance to go on business to Tauranga. Strictly voluntary you unnerstand...:innocent:
Bein' as 'ow it were a fine an' sunny day an' all, :sunny: I decided it would be a good idea to get over there on the bike - chance to test the new(ish now) tyres on the Kaimai hill.....:scooter:

Bugger. Hate it when that happens...

Slofox
You know you cannot get rid of those Dangerous Potholes, and Tar snakes without roadworks aye!
Just pity you went that way, you could have gone, through the K gorge, good snakes through there too I believe
Or you could slip on some off road tyres on to the ol' SV and scratch your way over to Katikati via Thompsons Track Whooaaah
...now that would sort out if you can ride or not, not much different to some of the roadworks around the place though.

slofox
5th March 2009, 10:57
Over the hills to Raglan and back...some road that - once you clear the commuter traffic...and leave them languishing in a cloud of dust..haha just kidding of course. Everybody knows old grampas go slow as all the time...