PDA

View Full Version : Rattling headlight

DarkLord
4th March 2009, 18:04
Hi all,

I have had this persistent rattle on the bike for a while now and I have finally figured out what it is - the lower headlight is rattling around. Not the bulb itself which you replace, but the actual globe that the bulb lights up, that you can see from the outside, is loose and rattling around inside its casing. My bike is a Hyo GT250R.

I figure it is easy enough to fix, just get in there and bog it with something to keep the f&$%ing thing still but my question is, can you even get in there? and if so what is the best way to get in and is there anything in particular I should use to hold it in place?

The bulb on the lower headlight went not long ago and has just been replaced, so I am wondering if the bulb went out due to the persistent movement of the loose headlight.

Thanks all

DL.

craisin
23rd March 2009, 05:39
no more nails as if comes in a tube but a cartridge may be cheaper.
Comes with a nozzle you can cut off a little bit to get a little bead to get in small places.

DarkLord
23rd March 2009, 18:46
Thanks craisin but I was actually able to get the entire plastic cover piece off - I took it to my friend's workshop and we used a heatgun to melt all the glue so we could take the cover off. We were then able to screw it back in properly.

Glad that problem is solved :)