PDA

View Full Version : Pre-1970s European or American bikes

wbks
6th March 2009, 16:27
This is to anyone that is thinking about selling, or maybe just hasn't listed on the internet, their pre 1970's euro/seppo classics. I'm interested on getting my hands on one, preferably needing restoration. Price is a factor given the fact that it most likely won't be a main mode of transport so obviously Indians the like are out of the question but if anyone has any (or knows of any) 1960's/1950's/1940's(preferably) or even earlier (but then there goes price again) bikes that are sitting in a damp garage unused and un ogled then could you let me know?

There were a couple of James bikes on tradme I was looking at but the price looks set to go up and like I said with it only intended to be a hobby, and likely won't be viable to ride much on busy, higher speed highways, a 125 isn't going to cut it. I figured a lot of bikes like these for sale must be mainly advertised by word of mouth, so hopefully this turns up a few leads. If anyone in the classics scene could ask around now and then it would be appreciated, also. Thanks.

125's, 200's, 350's or 500's, anything is of interest

wbks
8th March 2009, 22:28
No one? Not even any bitzas sitting in the shed pulled apart?