PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton - Raglan return

marty
2nd March 2005, 15:11
is this seriously the best shortish ride one can do on a sunny day to scrub in a new back tyre? awesome latte and carrot cake at 'tongue & groove' too :)

vifferman
2nd March 2005, 15:16
is this seriously the best shortish ride one can do on a sunny day to scrub in a new back tyre? awesome latte and carrot cake at 'tongue & groove' too :)
Have you already been?
If you'd said summat, jrandom and I would've come along (just to make sure you behaved...)

dss3
2nd March 2005, 16:31
Tell me about it, I spent two hours going back and forth through the "divvi" on sunday. Best to go early in the morning though before the road gets busy with cages. Titanium sparks flying in all directions haha

_daryl

soundbeltfarm
2nd March 2005, 17:12
hey man is the tounge and groove a cafe or a knock shop.
if its the latter what the hell you doing eating cake.

marty
2nd March 2005, 17:30
it was sort of a last minute thing - i was already in te rapa, new tyre, nice day, full tank of gas, sunglasses, compliant pillion....you know the lark :)

Waylander
2nd March 2005, 17:35
Next time you do somethin like that give me a notice, would love to meet some peaple from 'round here. Funny that the first peaple I meet off this site live a 6 hour ride away...

marty
2nd March 2005, 17:37
hey man is the tounge and groove a cafe or a knock shop.
if its the latter what the hell you doing eating cake.

could have been fish cake........

modalx
2nd March 2005, 17:53
Tell me about it, I spent two hours going back and forth through the "divvi" on sunday. Best to go early in the morning though before the road gets busy with cages. Titanium sparks flying in all directions haha

_daryl

Is a favorite all right - I did a quick half dozen over the divvi on Sunday too and reckon I saw you. Should have gone earlier but...

dss3
2nd March 2005, 19:59
Is a favorite all right - I did a quick half dozen over the divvi on Sunday too and reckon I saw you. Should have gone earlier but...

Haha, so you are the mysterious sp-? rider that I always meet half way through the divvi!! Man you seem to know that ride like the back of your hand judging by the way i've seen you flying around a couple of those corners! Tried once to turn around and follow you through but you must have headed back to town. I normally wait in the scenic pullover area on the ham side, or the little road on the right on the rag side untill there are no cars for a couple of minutes and then you have a clear road right though the windies. Is a really good road for trying to improve your riding and cornering on aye...

c ya
_daryl

soundbeltfarm
2nd March 2005, 20:52
could have been fish cake........
hahah good one.
nothing like fish cake.
or fish fingers.

sorry people been drinking

bugjuice
2nd March 2005, 21:49
I love that road.. When are you doing it?
The bigger yer balls, the more that tyre will be well scrubbed! The divots should be more than suitable..

modalx
2nd March 2005, 22:13
Is a really good road for trying to improve your riding and cornering on aye...
_daryl
Xtra nice since they resealed and de-bumped the bottom k on the Raglan side. Its short but handy and a smooth run thru there is as good as it gets. :yeah:

Warr
2nd March 2005, 22:23
Went over that way bit later, 5.30ish had a burger looking over the water, very nice with MrsW. And headed back at 7.30. Only saw 1 bike on way back somewhere on the Raglan side of the Divi.
TV2 sports crew there too with Hyundai as the sponser for NZSurfing ???
Very nice and good to make use of evenings b4 daylight saving finished in 3 weeks.

warren35
3rd March 2005, 05:14
The Awakino gorge is tops for scrubbing in a new tyre ive found.God corners and the best thing is ive never seen the filth patroling it.It kinda makes short work of rear tyres though.

moko
3rd March 2005, 07:50
awesome latte and carrot cake at 'tongue & groove' too :)

Used to be that bikers were rough,tough geezers who`d hang out in crappy cafes when the pubs were shut drinking crap tea and eating bacon sarnies."latte and carrot cake".....`kin hell I must be getting old.How about organising a rideout to take in a poetry recital at the weekend? you guys are just too wild.

vifferman
3rd March 2005, 07:56
How come it's still referred to as "the divvi" (the deviation)? :spudwhat:
Crikey, the realignment of the road was years and years ago...

Only ridden it twice (once each way) - on the XBR500RS Mutant. Might have to wander down there sometime soon. :yeah:

mattt
3rd March 2005, 09:30
The Awakino gorge is tops for scrubbing in a new tyre ive found.God corners and the best thing is ive never seen the filth patroling it.It kinda makes short work of rear tyres though.

What - the gorge, or your Mille? :2thumbsup

vifferman
3rd March 2005, 09:33
I love the gorge road, but although I've ridden through it maybe 8 times, I've only once had a decent road surface through it. It seems to be subject to constant roadwroks, crap on the road, etc., and when it's not, there's stock trucks in the way.

jrandom
3rd March 2005, 09:33
Used to be that bikers were rough,tough geezers who`d hang out in crappy cafes when the pubs were shut drinking crap tea and eating bacon sarnies.

Mmmmm. Bacon sarnies.

You bastard, I've got a craving now.

igor
3rd March 2005, 10:10
shit road, boring yawn,

go to cambridge home of the Stefi. go sth out to Parklands Road. and out thru to Wharepapa Sth and then head west towards the sth west. head thru them hills coming out sth end of Te Juiti main street

ya see about 4 cars in 100kms

if ya want me to show ya the way stefi i will

then go to Bosco cafe, the best cafe in the land nearly

then head home via more back road

oh shit I'm sorry I forgot u guys never ride anything other than something with a State Highway number on it.

silly me

as for the person who goes bak and froward over the divi, i only got one name for u. "fuckin boundary rider"

modalx
3rd March 2005, 10:36
shit road, boring yawn,

go to cambridge home of the Stefi. go sth out to Parklands Road. and out thru to Wharepapa Sth and then head west towards the sth west. head thru them hills coming out sth end of Te Juiti main street

ya see about 4 cars in 100kms

if ya want me to show ya the way stefi i will

then go to Bosco cafe, the best cafe in the land nearly

then head home via more back road

oh shit I'm sorry I forgot u guys never ride anything other than something with a State Highway number on it.

silly me

Been there, done that. The point of the divvi is its 5 minutes from town.

vifferman
3rd March 2005, 10:40
Mmmmm. Bacon sarnies.

You bastard, I've got a craving now.
Yeah, it's the appetite brought on by thinking about "slipperly manholes".

igor
3rd March 2005, 10:44
Been there, done that. The point of the divvi is its 5 minutes from town.

boundary rider :wari:

modalx
3rd March 2005, 14:24
boundary rider :wari:
No mate just keen - 20,000 ks last year. Believe me thats a long way on an SP.

dss3
3rd March 2005, 14:50
haha "boundary rider" can't say i've heard that one before. Don't reckon I qualify though, 60,000k on the TL in four years! As for Wharepapa South, yeah I have done those roads and they are great, will have to get out that way more often. But for a local blast after work you really want something nice and close. Sure as hell beats 100k to get to the coromandel. One of the reasons for going on KB rides is to get out on these roads that you haven't done before...

_daryl

inlinefour
3rd March 2005, 14:56

If your like me and live in New Plymouth then a ride from NP to Awakino George and back is a pretty good not so short ride :wari: