PDA

View Full Version : Mel Gibson to appear in ‘biker’ movie

Bob
3rd March 2005, 01:16
Mel Gibson is set to play a Vietnam veteran who works for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and infiltrates a motorcycle gang. The film, "Under and Alone," is based on a true story. It will be Gibson's first role since 2002's supernatural thriller, "Signs."

Can any movie aficionados please let me know if this all seems rather familiar? I am sure I can recall a film some years ago on this very subject – I think Charlie Sheen played the same part as Gibson.

Slipstream
3rd March 2005, 06:50
Mel Gibson is set to play a Vietnam veteran who works for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and infiltrates a motorcycle gang. The film, "Under and Alone," is based on a true story. It will be Gibson's first role since 2002's supernatural thriller, "Signs."

Can any movie aficionados please let me know if this all seems rather familiar? I am sure I can recall a film some years ago on this very subject – I think Charlie Sheen played the same part as Gibson.

I remember that C.Sheen movie...was talking to a KBer about it the other day

Hey, Alcuard_Draken...what was that movie again?

I have one vivid memory of that movie :lol: C.Sheen's character has this Biker jacket, but it looks too new. So, his buddy burns it with a cigarette, pours a bottle of beer on it, kicks it round the dirt for a while .... then pisses on it ... :killingme .... great movie :D Charlie was actually pretty good in it I recall :yeah:

jrandom
3rd March 2005, 07:14
It will be Gibson's first role since 2002's supernatural thriller, "Signs."

Hmm.

Didn't he sneak in an uncredited 'hand reaching in from side of frame' shot in that Passion movie?

Surely that counts as a role...

Motu
3rd March 2005, 07:23
Oh yeah,handsome looking dude infiltrates bike gang then beats them all up and scores the beautiful chick.They obviously haven't infiltrated a bike gang themselves,why don't they have ugly movie stars anymore - I can imagine Charles Bronson in that role,ugly as any biker I've seen....but what about the biker slut,know any really ugly chicks actors? not likely eh?

Blakamin
3rd March 2005, 07:48
was called "fixing the shadow" over here... "beyond the law" in the states
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103805/

I've been trying to find a copy for ages... :brick:

Bob
3rd March 2005, 08:37
was called "fixing the shadow" over here... "beyond the law" in the states
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103805/

I've been trying to find a copy for ages... :brick:

Thanks for that - I remember it being a really good film - and the actual guy whose story it is based on has a small part in the film. Obviously, they don't tell you who he was, as it would mean he could be checked out and "paid a visit" by the gang he helped bust.

As for finding a copy - why not take a look at Amazon? I just checked it on the UK site and I found copies available in their "New and Used" section at reasonable prices.

Blakamin
3rd March 2005, 09:24
and the actual guy whose story it is based on has a small part in the film. Obviously, they don't tell you who he was, as it would mean he could be checked out and "paid a visit" by the gang he helped bust.

he's pretty obvious to spot.. he's the first "cop" to stand up and clap when sheen gets his shit back together...
and considering everyone knows his name..... I doubt he'd be that hard to find...
he is mentioned in the credits... but not credited for his part...

will have a squiz on amazon... :niceone:

Dodgyiti
3rd March 2005, 09:37
Well he would have to ride a Harley, from memory he is about 5'2" !
Cool another flim capturing what a degregated bunch those 'bikies' are.
As Joan Jett :cool: once said " I don't give a damn about my bad reputation"

Blakamin
3rd March 2005, 10:10
Well he would have to ride a Harley, from memory he is about 5'2" !

who's 5'2"????

Joni
3rd March 2005, 10:30
who's 5'2"????

.........who is ever is the same height as me exactly! :yeah:

ManDownUnder
3rd March 2005, 10:36
know any really ugly chicks actors?

Who is that comedienne that playes Rozanne's sister in law or sister or something...

FUGLY

Blakamin
3rd March 2005, 10:38
Who is that comedienne that playes Rozanne's sister in law or sister or something...

FUGLY
sandra bernhardt??

extremely ugly...

ManDownUnder
3rd March 2005, 10:43
sandra bernhardt??

extremely ugly...

That's the one - face that could stop traffic... in face I suspect it did...

funny lady but she really should stick to radio...

Hitcher
3rd March 2005, 11:40
who's 5'2"????
Mrs H. (furiously types more characters to avoid "short" joke)

Jackrat
3rd March 2005, 19:05
This is about Billy St charles infilterating the Mongols.
He was in for two years and came up with FA so the Feds made some shit up.
Most of their trumpt up charges were thrown out of court but I bet the movie don't show that.
Oh yeah St Charles necked himself because he was shitting himself so badly that the Mongols were gonn'a catch up with him.
Fitting end for a dog I think.

Motu
3rd March 2005, 19:16
Shit,in that case I don't think even Charles Bronson is ugly enough!

Blakamin
3rd March 2005, 20:38
This is about Billy St charles infilterating the Mongols.
He was in for two years and came up with FA so the Feds made some shit up.
Most of their trumpt up charges were thrown out of court but I bet the movie don't show that.
Oh yeah St Charles necked himself because he was shitting himself so badly that the Mongols were gonn'a catch up with him.
Fitting end for a dog I think.
yeah, coz dealin drugs and killin people is soooo cool... kill the guy who tries to stop it.... :tugger:

Jackrat
3rd March 2005, 20:45
yeah, coz dealin drugs and killin people is soooo cool... kill the guy who tries to stop it.... :tugger:
After two years he had nothing,so he sure didn't stop much did he.
He killed himself,
the Mongols actualy didn't give a damn about him.

Waylander
3rd March 2005, 20:47
I remember that C.Sheen movie...was talking to a KBer about it the other day

Hey, Alcuard_Draken...what was that movie again?

I have one vivid memory of that movie :lol: C.Sheen's character has this Biker jacket, but it looks too new. So, his buddy burns it with a cigarette, pours a bottle of beer on it, kicks it round the dirt for a while .... then pisses on it ... :killingme .... great movie :D Charlie was actually pretty good in it I recall :yeah:

Movie: Beyond the Law
good movie and the guy that pisses on Sheen's jacket played the dude with the wierd laugh on Mel Gibson's flick, The Patriot, John billings I think his charactors name was on that one.

Have Beyond the Law on dvd if someone wants to watch it I'll bring it to the waikato rally or if you're close enough you can come borrow it, it's in region 1 though.

Blakamin
3rd March 2005, 21:22
Movie: Beyond the Law
good movie and the guy that pisses on Sheen's jacket played the dude with the wierd laugh on Mel Gibson's flick, The Patriot, John billings I think his charactors name was on that one.

Have Beyond the Law on dvd if someone wants to watch it I'll bring it to the waikato rally or if you're close enough you can come borrow it, it's in region 1 though.
i reckon he sounded like bugs bunny....

can I get a lend (copy) of that DVD.. I went to buy one of HARLEY_DAVIDSON (a member that spat the dummy), but he wanted $35 bucks from aussie for it!

Blakamin
3rd March 2005, 21:24
After two years he had nothing,so he sure didn't stop much did he.
He killed himself,
the Mongols actualy didn't give a damn about him.
fair enuff.... but it doesn't make him a dog... makes him a bloke doin his job....

you're not gunna tell me "outlaw" bike clubs dont deal/manufacture/whatever are you??

Motu
3rd March 2005, 21:49
No,but they aren't as stupid as they look,well,um....something like that - remember the Headhunter trial a few years ago?,they couldn't hang a thing on the guy - but that didn't mean to say they didn't make the shit,they just couldn't prove it...made the cops look kinda stupid.

Waylander
4th March 2005, 15:21
i reckon he sounded like bugs bunny....

can I get a lend (xxxx) of that DVD.. I went to buy one of HARLEY_DAVIDSON (a member that spat the dummy), but he wanted $35 bucks from aussie for it!
Yea mate I'll see about xxxxxx it for ya and anyone else that wants one. Not sure if I can get the xxxxxxx from bein region 1 though, I'll see what I can do.

Blakamin
4th March 2005, 16:13
Yea mate I'll see about xxxxxx it for ya and anyone else that wants one. Not sure if I can get the xxxxx from bein region 1 though, I'll see what I can do.
got a ps2 (multi region) a samsung thing(multi region) and a laptop (multi region)... I think I might survive...

Waylander
4th March 2005, 16:16
got a ps2 (multi region) a samsung thing(multi region) and a laptop (multi region)... I think I might survive...
Alright man now I just need a blank dvd and I can get a xxxx for ya.:niceone:

James Deuce
4th March 2005, 16:29
Oh yeah,handsome looking dude infiltrates bike gang then beats them all up and scores the beautiful chick.They obviously haven't infiltrated a bike gang themselves,why don't they have ugly movie stars anymore - I can imagine Charles Bronson in that role,ugly as any biker I've seen....but what about the biker slut,know any really ugly chicks actors? not likely eh?
Charlize Theron in Monster.

Blakamin
4th March 2005, 16:30
Alright man now I just need a blank dvd and I can get a xxxx for ya.:niceone:
pm me the type of disc and address.... I'll see what I can come up with...

Waylander
4th March 2005, 16:35
On the way mate.:niceone:

moko
6th March 2005, 01:27
I thought the original was pretty dire but then most biker movies are.Mind you there was a BBC documentary about Sonny Barger on the BBc a couple of years ago and he came across as more sad than bad,silly old man that`s never grown up and any realistic film of his life would seem ott as well,the man`s a living stereotype,a legend in his own mind.