PDA

View Full Version : CLASSIC BIKE AUCTION ,18th March Webbs akl

Paulo
11th March 2009, 16:50
PDF of the Webbs catalog can be found here.

Includes Burt Munro / Duncam Meilke special velocette . Royal ruby. 1931 BSA sloper, 1928 Norton cs1, atom....... etc etc.

The catalog and the writing is worth downloading and printing as a nice little read.

http://www.webbs.co.nz/3d-catalogue-motorcycle09.html

HenryDorsetCase
11th March 2009, 17:00
Did the SR500 sell?

and I would like a copy of that catalogue. Just to have.

Paulo
11th March 2009, 17:06
Hi Henry the auctions on the 18th (next Wednesday), I'd love catalogue too, Might see if I can get an Auckland friend to pick one up for me.

R6_kid
11th March 2009, 17:13
interesting! There are a couple of smaller listings i may will put some bids on!

Paul in NZ
11th March 2009, 19:15
Oh gawd..... a 1968 Firebird...... :gob: LUST......

PeteJ
12th March 2009, 08:39
I remember the white Harley outfit well. Geoff Hockley used to work for my grandfather at Jones Bros, and I used to call in and see him on my travels to and from Dunedin as a student in the early 70s.

I had the full story on its recovery, and followed the whole restoration in progress.

There were tadpoles in the barrels when he first pulled the motor out of the pond.

The background write-up in the catalogue is completely accurate.

Another point: at the time this machine was sold new in Christchurch, Jones Bros the Harley agents sold more sidecar outfits than solo machines, so as a representation of its time this outfit is very accurate.

Dodgyiti
14th March 2009, 13:29
I wonder if, in these tight times, if any will meet the reserves?
There are some really nice bikes there, most a little old to tickle my fancy but the two Beemers are cool. The Yamaha might go for around what they think but unless there are overseas interests taking advantage of our pittance currency I dunno..

Kickaha
14th March 2009, 16:36
There are some really nice bikes there, most a little old to tickle my fancy but the two Beemers are cool.

Seriously cool, one on my dream bike list,if I hadn't bought the MHR they were next on my list to acquire