PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Whakatane (wetdog)

wetdog
11th March 2009, 19:51
Hello Everyone,

Been here a short while, as I've been contemplating getting back into biking (after being rekindled watching a series on the Dakar rally), and I've done it now, thanks to the help of some people here. Thankyou!

Just got a new Kawasaki Versys, which suits me great at the moment, looks nice and handle real well, it's very gentle on me getting back into the groove. (I've posted a few pics in my profile)

I'm planning on getting my road skills back, as the two years I've been in NZ so far, I've had the lazy option of driving an automatic. I almost forgot the intensity of riding a bike, its awsome.

Next summer some touring is definitely in order, to see some more of NZ in style and having some fun getting there.

Look forward to meeting some of you along the way!

Kind regards

Joe

Swampdonkey
11th March 2009, 20:01
Nice choice on bike wetdog, traded my versys in end of last year. Done plenty of miles and loved them all. I miss it for my ninety mile beach jaunts. Have fun my friend

EJT
11th March 2009, 20:25
Nice bike:niceone::niceone:

Some nice riding around that way. I am from Opotiki but live up North. I must do the Coast ride and Waioweka gorge ride when I in town next time.

Have fun!!

Trudes
11th March 2009, 20:48
:wavey: Hi!!!

fire eyes
11th March 2009, 23:50
Hey Jo ... welcome :hug:

LBD
12th March 2009, 03:05
Living in Whakatane, I should think you would get into riding. I have had one ride around that way and the roads were fun...Welcome back

Beemer
12th March 2009, 13:48
For god's sake DON'T go into the BP wearing your helmet - Salty Dog (any relation perchance?) thinks the guy in there is a fucking arsehole!

spudchucka
12th March 2009, 16:23
Avoid riding around Edgcumbe, the hillbillies have come down onto the Rangitaiki plains and they tend to be dangerous bastards.

wetdog
12th March 2009, 18:10
For god's sake DON'T go into the BP wearing your helmet - Salty Dog (any relation perchance?) thinks the guy in there is a fucking arsehole!

I may have to go there, just to see if it's true. It would be a stark contrast to the friendly guys at the Caltex station!

Avoid riding around Edgcumbe, the hillbillies have come down onto the Rangitaiki plains and they tend to be dangerous bastards.

I will be avoiding Edgcumbe for a bit, as they dug up the main road recently. I guess I'll be safe for a while.

Thanks for the welcome :)

kiwifruit
12th March 2009, 18:13
Welcome to the site :D

MadDuck
12th March 2009, 18:16
Best you leave now why you are still sane.

Nah kidding. Welcome to the mad house they call KB.

Charlie41
12th March 2009, 21:27
Welcome:2thumbsup

Beemer
12th March 2009, 21:33
Best you leave now why you are still sane.

Nah kidding. Welcome to the mad house they call KB.

Left Whakatane in 1986 and don't regret it!

Second the next comment - it is a mad house here!