PDA

View Full Version : Hint to winning racers

enigma51
12th March 2009, 07:42
was watching the whanganui street race last night on the box (tv) and have one small comment

When you win show us spectators how happy you are.

dont just go over the line and shake your head show us spectators how awesome it feels to win a race. For an example go see Shaun, Scrivy and sidecar bob.

If you dont agree think about the following. Who is more entertaining to watch when he has won. Kevin Swantz or wayne Rainey. Valentino or Pedrosa.?

There is on track antics during a race that is awesome. (go watch a classic sidecar race and you will understand) but then there is the win antics that makes the spectator feel apart

Shaun wins the bears race and goes over the line with fist pumping in the air like his on drugs. Scrivy and Sidecar bob comes out the last corner side ways with sidecar wheel off the ground even with the tinted visors you just know they have massive smiles on there faces.

End of rant

PS Scrivy you and sidecar bob are animals!

"D" FZ1
12th March 2009, 07:55
There is no "H" in Wanganui !!!

scrivy
12th March 2009, 08:05

Shaun wins the bears race and goes over the line with fist pumping in the air like his on drugs. Scrivy and Sidecar bob comes out the last corner side ways with sidecar wheel off the ground even with the tinted visors you just know they have massive smiles on there faces.

Glad we entertained you Enigma!!! :woohoo: As soon a some racers realise that spectators want to be entertained, then we'll get more of them at our events!!

'cause they're not 'H'ard!!

scrivy
12th March 2009, 08:07
Scrivy you and sidecar bob are animals!

Oh Enigma51, you just want the Freakshow at the have a go day!!!

cowboyz
12th March 2009, 08:26
I am always a sucker for a victory wheelie... Well maybe not on a sidecar but...

What is also great to see as a spectator is 2 front running bikes shake hands on the warm down lap after a close battle. Shows respect and that each has done their best.

Shaun
12th March 2009, 09:22
was watching the whanganui street race last night on the box (tv) and have one small comment

dont just go over the line and shake your head show us spectators how awesome it feels to win a race. For an example go see Shaun, Scrivy and sidecar bob.

If you dont agree think about the following. Who is more entertaining to watch when he has won. Kevin Swantz or wayne Rainey. Valentino or Pedrosa.?

There is on track antics during a race that is awesome. (go watch a classic sidecar race and you will understand) but then there is the win antics that makes the spectator feel apart

End of rant

I am on Drugs mate, and are supposed to be dead!:Punk: I am going to enjoy every thing I do in life from now on dude to the max!!

Biggles08
12th March 2009, 09:42

End of rant

Did you happen to see the Burnouts on pit exit after the 600SS on the weekend (Nationals Round 5)...I thought about it but alas rubber costs money! :-D

nudemetalz
12th March 2009, 10:00
ah,...but "God" here sets the standards for impressive performances after winning :niceone:

Quasievil
12th March 2009, 10:08
this thread is not applicable to me.:weep:

White trash
12th March 2009, 10:47
Glad we entertained you Enigma!!! :woohoo: As soon a some racers realise that spectators want to be entertained, then we'll get more of them at our events!!

'cause they're not 'H'ard!!
Granted, the ounters come to see a show.

However. The organisers at Paeroa did everything in their power to stop wheelies, stoppies and burnouts at the end of the races. To the point of fining people $100 when snapped out.

Perhaps someone could point out to race commitees that this sort of behaviour is what people want to see.

Quasievil
12th March 2009, 10:50

However. The organisers at Paeroa did everything in their power to stop wheelies, stoppies and burnouts at the end of the races. To the point of fining people $100 when snapped out.

Perhaps someone could point out to race commitees that this sort of behaviour is what people want to see.

yeah I was all lined up to do a stand up wheelie on the home straight but that $100 really got into my head and stopped me from doing it.
:mellow:........what ??

malcy25
12th March 2009, 11:17

In this case riders can fall into two groups
1) Those that can and have very good skills in this (Lance Lowe comes to mind...)
2) those that think they can, but are really only borderline under control.

The latter group is the ones they are worried about - they don't need a rider from the second group flipping a bike into the crowd because the see a rider from the first group do standup one full length of the main street and think it was worth a crack... So they effectively have to keep everyone under control

Have a big bin like that could effectively bring OSH down so hard I doubt it would run again....

Harsh reality, sorry as much fun as it is and to watch. I know from my time there how much fun it was, I was getting 3rd gear ones with the low gearing you need.

Tony.OK
12th March 2009, 13:37
At the last PMCC round at Manfeild I was warned for doin wheelies on the test day, I was feelin confident for the F1 races the next day so asked if I could do a wheelie across the line or on slow down lap if no one was around me..............NO was the answer, not anywhere:(

I didn't know about the Paeroa $100 fine....................:whistle:

enigma51
12th March 2009, 14:16
Oh Enigma51, you just want the Freakshow at the have a go day!!!

Fuck yeah

But promises will be made ....... and broken

enigma51
12th March 2009, 14:25
At the last PMCC round at Manfeild I was warned for doin wheelies on the test day, I was feelin confident for the F1 races the next day so asked if I could do a wheelie across the line or on slow down lap if no one was around me..............NO was the answer, not anywhere:(

I didn't know about the Paeroa $100 fine....................:whistle:

I wasnt aware of the no wheelie and burnout rule. ......... It kinda makes sense (roll the finger say pause) NOT

The wheelies and burnout's are great but its the "body language" after the race that also counts.

That aussie dude (Jones) wins and its i won. shaun/scrivy sidecar bob wins and its FUCK YEAH I WON! WOWS THE MAN!

PS this is not a stab at bugden I just though he would have been alot happier with his win seeing that he fell off in the f1 race (and it was a bad fall) and then goes and win a hard fought 600 race

sidecar bob
12th March 2009, 14:55
I wasnt aware of the no wheelie and burnout rule. ......... It kinda makes sense (roll the finger say pause) NOT

The wheelies and burnout's are great but its the "body language" after the race that also counts.

That aussie dude (Budgden) wins and its i won. shaun/scrivy sidecar bob wins and its FUCK YEAH I WON! WOWS THE MAN!

PS this is not a stab at bugden I just though he would have been alot happier with his win seeing that he fell off in the f1 race (and it was a bad fall) and then goes and win a hard fought 600 race

Like i said in another thread recently, we are entertainers & we owe it to the crowd to put on a show.
I am a fairly regular sort of guy with an average day job, but when the helmet goes i am an extroverted entertainer.
Scrivy & i regularly discuss new & crazy ideas to put into play during a race.
A couple of people have said we are show offs, but the reality is that we are putting on a show.
It would be easier & faster not too, but people paid to see a show & we're trying to give them their money's worth.

scrivy
12th March 2009, 19:45
Classic Festival shot shows our latest trick - where I drop Bob off the back, do a lap and then pick him up again. Great for doing fast lap times with no lead ballast on the back!!

IMG shot shows me right out of the seat looking down at the front wheel, while Bob is a coiled spring, just waiting for some action................ or maybe just having a wee sit down?????

Bykmad
12th March 2009, 19:45
Here is a hint people. Park a bike in the spectators at a street circuit and kiss street circuits goodbye, let alone lose control of a Wheelie, or touch another bike and then end up in the spectators. See what the Coroners/Police actions are then.
We all love wheelies and burnouts, but when one goes bad it will burn us all!!!

enigma51
12th March 2009, 19:46
Just a side note i got the wrong person it was jones not bugden

Kickaha
12th March 2009, 20:15
IMG shot shows me right out of the seat looking down at the front wheel,

Is that cause your fucking fat arse wont fit in the seat?:whistle:

sosman
12th March 2009, 21:12
People racing often crash when pushing the envelope?...am i right to say that an experienced stand up wheelie Master/King or thrash Artist isn't pushing the envelope when doing a wheelie?...So how many people have ya seen crashing into the crowd from wheelies or die from burnout smoke? at Paeroa/trackdays.I reckon compulsory wheelies after the flag with rolling stoppies b4 pit entrance cause thats what i wanna farken see when I'm spectating & also if the winner of the race has a big enough lead...then he needs to do a wheelie over the finish line or his win doesn't count :lol:
Those that can... do should be allowed & those who r still on the learning side should save it for some back road for practice,but then again what the fuck do i know! I'm just a nobody track dayer who likes stunts & wants to swap his k6 7friddy for a thou so instead of starting a wheelie in third gear on 7frizz with a out of the seat... Super Haka tug! on the bars at 145kph....on the thou it would be a sitting in the seat in 3rd at 160-170kph with a twist of the thottle...Damn! you Dave.... for letting me have a go on ya ZX-10r

puddy
12th March 2009, 21:14
Depends on the tribe Bro!:bleh:

puddy
12th March 2009, 21:24
Here is a hint people. Park a bike in the spectators at a street circuit and kiss street circuits goodbye, let alone lose control of a Wheelie, or touch another bike and then end up in the spectators. See what the Coroners/Police actions are then.
We all love wheelies and burnouts, but when one goes bad it will burn us all!!!
A Westie that doesn't like wheelies and burnouts....Yeah Right!