PDA

View Full Version : Crash on Waterloo Quadrant/Princes St (12 March)

GSXR Trace
12th March 2009, 11:31
Anyone know who the guy was that crashed into a car on the waterloo quandrant and princes st intersection yesterday just before 12? Is he ok?
Evidently it was a dark maybe black/grey sports bike, i didn't see it but my friend was standing on the intersection when it happened and sort of freaked out seeing it happen. I just wanna make sure everyone is okay

Sam I Am
12th March 2009, 12:07
i dont! but saw the horrific carnage before the emergancy services turned up. The car was totalled and the rider had gone way over the car.. not nice
it was a White sports bike maybe a 250 ?
damn it turned my tummy..
I hope he will be ok ...

Squiggles
12th March 2009, 12:35
White CBR250RR, had an NSR race tail. Guy had just gotten the bike back on Tues after someone reversed into it while parked

GSXR Trace
12th March 2009, 12:40
yeah i heard the carnage was pretty bad... the crash was evidently so loud that people from the surrounding businesses came out to see what it was.
Is the guy okay?

motorbyclist
12th March 2009, 14:48
from what i hear, he's got a broken pelvis among other things.

when turning right, failed to give way to oncoming traffic, or to right turning traffic (i wasn't there so correct me if i'm wrong)

PirateJafa
12th March 2009, 14:48
Oh fuck, that's whathisname from the signup stand. And that CBR had just been repaired too! :(

JimO
12th March 2009, 14:49
so it was a dark black grey ...white sport bike

skidMark
12th March 2009, 14:57

with pink tassles.

Sam I Am
12th March 2009, 15:05
with pink tassles.

It was very smashed up !

HungusMaximist
12th March 2009, 15:07
Fuck, that gonna keep him in bed for awhile!

Just today while cycling down Symonds St this arvo round 1ish there were 1 normal St Johns Ambulance and a fast response Ambo piled up along the closed left hand side lane. Couldn't really see as inside the back as the windows were tinted.

Don't know if this was motorcycle related.

motorbyclist
12th March 2009, 15:11
Fuck, that gonna keep him in bed for awhile!

Just today while cycling down Symonds St this arvo round 1ish there were 1 normal St Johns Ambulance and a fast response Ambo piled up along the closed left hand side lane. Couldn't really see as inside the back as the windows were tinted.

Don't know if this was motorcycle related.

i think that was road-works related

GSXR Trace
12th March 2009, 15:17

I only got told about it.... don't blame me for the poor description! :shutup:
Well, at least his injuries are healable!

MadDuck
12th March 2009, 15:26
There is a photo of it in this mornings Harold. Both car and bike look to be in pretty poor shape.

Slyer
12th March 2009, 16:07
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/accidents/news/article.cfm?c_id=13&objectid=10561223
Gutting...

GSXR Trace
12th March 2009, 16:41
"Ambulance northern communications shift manager Brett Tobeck said staff transported the rider to Auckland City Hospital with moderate injuries."

Bloody hell... moderate injuries!

well as i said... at least he is okay

R6_kid
12th March 2009, 16:50
Apparently he was doing a 'cracking pace' - sounds like any CBR250RR with an open pipe on it.

To be honest the behaviour of both pedestrians and vehicles around the university precinct is disgusting. I'm surprised more people aren't more accidents and people being run over.

Squiggles
12th March 2009, 17:10
from what i hear, he's got a broken pelvis among other things.

Smashed pelvis, and cut through the tendons in the knee cap area... His back & upper body were pretty much unmarked thankfully

Ragingrob
12th March 2009, 17:21
Ouch! A lot of people hoon around uni, trying to grab attention from the mini skirts haha... Hope he wasn't riding like a knob!

skidMark
12th March 2009, 17:23
Ouch! A lot of people hoon around uni, trying to grab attention from the mini skirts haha... Hope he wasn't riding like a knob!

A slide of 10 metres is usual for a 50-60kph crash, thats 250's though everybody thinks you are doing a million mile an hour with a loud pipe...when you arn't.

R6_kid
12th March 2009, 17:38
10 metres is longer than you might think Mark. But then you believe it is possible to stop from 60kmh in 2m.

skidMark
12th March 2009, 17:42
10 metres is longer than you might think Mark. But then you believe it is possible to stop from 60kmh in 2m.

I know how far 10 metres is and ive skittled that far at 50kph...... if ya slide on ya back and arnt rolling you can slide pretty damn far..... if airbourne over the car (given the pelvic injurys etc he mustve been) you can superman it pretty damn far.

Danae
12th March 2009, 17:45
Oh fuck, that's whathisname from the signup stand. And that CBR had just been repaired too! :(

Oh my god, I saw him leave at that time! White bike right? He wasn't wearing a helmet so I thought he was taking it round from the stand to the parking lot. May have been a different guy though, I was by the science building and maidment theatre

Real_Wolf
12th March 2009, 17:59
nah, that was jafa with the white vfr400 at the stand, this was another guy who had a cbr250 and had recently signed up, we chatted to him a bit at the stand

skidMark
12th March 2009, 18:10
nah, that was jafa with the white vfr400 at the stand, this was another guy who had a cbr250 and had recently signed up, we chatted to him a bit at the stand

Maybe a couple of you guys should swing by the hospital then?

Ragingrob
12th March 2009, 18:14
Don't think I've ever even been 50kph through that intersection in any direction, way too dodgy with all the right turners and pedestrians.

Ragingrob
12th March 2009, 18:15
Oh and stink I guess that's one less person who's newly signed up to come to the chiller haha!

ital916
12th March 2009, 18:17
hmm hope he gets better soon, was it a dark skinned dude? Do you guys remember ehabs friend with the white cbr250rr, the one who took off down the road at kaiaua without a helmet? Thought it could be him....he rides a like idiot.

Danae
12th March 2009, 18:20
Ok I don't know this guy. That's absolutely terrible luck though.

Squiggles
12th March 2009, 19:30
Maybe a couple of you guys should swing by the hospital then?

I believe Ehab & Kyle went to visit him toda

ital916
12th March 2009, 20:04
I believe Ehab & Kyle went to visit him toda

ho ho ho I might be onto the identity of this fulla if it is that dude Im thinking of, and if it is well a crash was well forseen in his riding future. anyway....crazy weather today eh.

Squiggles
12th March 2009, 20:53
ho ho ho I might be onto the identity of this fulla if it is that dude Im thinking of, and if it is well a crash was well forseen in his riding future. anyway....crazy weather today eh.

No disrespect, but shutup.

motorbyclist
12th March 2009, 21:39
that dude Im thinking of

i remember him!

went tearing off down the road without a helmet, just to haul on the brakes and go for a (non-urgent) pee at the public loo

macros87
12th March 2009, 22:29
i remember him!

went tearing off down the road without a helmet, just to haul on the brakes and go for a (non-urgent) pee at the public loo

is this sarcasm?

motorbyclist
12th March 2009, 22:35
nope, it's the honest truth

can't remember what his riding was like, what he was like, or even specifics of the ride beyond is passing through kaiauia, but i do remember that one sight of him riding without a helmet

sure it was all in sight and only a hundred metres or so of straight road, but is nailing the gas and brakes really the wisest move? murphy's law can really be a bastard at times like that...

shingo
12th March 2009, 22:36
We always remember the silly things aye.

macros87
12th March 2009, 22:59
yeah well there's no fun in pointing out the good/smart things really..

ital916
13th March 2009, 08:19
No disrespect, but shutup.

No.

I wasnt being rude, I passed on my sympathies but he has ten fingers and ten toes and is alive. As for expressing my opinion, you dont want it then dont put up a thread. Take a chill pill steve.

R6_kid
13th March 2009, 10:39
No.

I wasnt being rude, I passed on my sympathies but he has ten fingers and ten toes and is alive. As for expressing my opinion, you dont want it then dont put up a thread. Take a chill pill steve.

I think in this case Steve was right, your previous post to this one did make you look like a bit of a jerk, which is contrary to what I've been told about you.

xwhatsit
13th March 2009, 11:44
I think in this case Steve was right, your previous post to this one did make you look like a bit of a jerk, which is contrary to what I've been told about you.
Is it? We need to chat more :laugh:

So who failed to give way then?

The knee tendons will be all right. Mine've been cut and the kneecap fractured but I'm fine for the most part (as long as I don't buy a Ducati with a left-side kickstart). Broken pelvis will take a long time to heal though. Poor bastard.

Can anybody tell me where to buy an open-face helmet?

ital916
13th March 2009, 12:48

I didnt think so, I find it funny how everyone expects the typical cuddly messages of "dear hurt brother motorcyclist heal quickly and may angels look over you on your motorcycle bed as fairies bring you lovely treat that you can suck through that straw" blah de blah. I said I hoped he was alright but cars and motorcyclists dont magically collide head on in the middle of a busy intersection randomly. I am not saying the motorcyclist is at fault as this is speculation is not warranted. I have my theory though.

For the record that motorcyclist you remember andrew that I was talking about crashed a week later on scenic drive overcooking a corner. He wasnt wearing any gear bar a helmet *as in jeans and t shirt etc*.

Is it? We need to chat more :laugh:

So who failed to give way then?

The knee tendons will be all right. Mine've been cut and the kneecap fractured but I'm fine for the most part (as long as I don't buy a Ducati with a left-side kickstart). Broken pelvis will take a long time to heal though. Poor bastard.

Can anybody tell me where to buy an open-face helmet?

hahah ha h hyahaha haha aha ah you crack me up *wipes tear from eye*.

you can get an open face helmet from any motorcycle store.

xwhatsit
13th March 2009, 13:05
Yeah but they're all a bit expensive.

Do you reckon it'd be hard to make one from fibreglass? It's just the padding on the inside that'd be tricky, but the ex has got a sewing machine and you could get some foam from Spotlight.

Slyer
13th March 2009, 13:34
Maybe you should start from an old bike helmet and go from there?

PirateJafa
13th March 2009, 14:17
I didnt think so, I find it funny how everyone expects the typical cuddly messages of "dear hurt brother motorcyclist heal quickly and may angels look over you on your motorcycle bed as fairies bring you lovely treat that you can suck through that straw" blah de blah.

Well wasn't that pretty much the reason you posted up your own umpteen I-crashed-and-want-sympathy-please threads?

PirateJafa
13th March 2009, 16:22
Well wasn't that pretty much the reason you posted up your own umpteen I-crashed-and-want-sympathy-please threads?

sorry i have my period, sorry dude. i was wrong, i ama cock, i am gay and lock black cock. sorry again <!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________

Edit: Ooooh Drider, you woo me with such subtle words. :rolleyes:

Slyer
13th March 2009, 16:25
sorry i have my period, sorry dude. i was wrong, i ama cock, i am gay and lock black cock. sorry again <!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________
Chillar antics indeed

klingon
13th March 2009, 16:37
I would like to politely suggest that people refrain from speculating on the cause of this crash, and refrain from making remarks about other alleged incidents involving this rider.

In a serious crash like this, it is entirely likely someone will be charged. It would be very unfortunate if anything in this thread suggested who might be at fault, based on previous observations of the rider rather than actual eye-witness evidence.

Perhaps some of these issues would be better discussed in person rather than on a public forum?

Ragingrob
13th March 2009, 18:40
I don't see the difference between talking about this on a public forum and talking about this in a crowded bar. It's all just opinion and assumption and who knows what's true, nothing like that can be used in legal activity. We don't even know which way he was heading.

klingon
13th March 2009, 18:47
I don't see the difference between talking about this on a public forum and talking about this in a crowded bar. It's all just opinion and assumption and who knows what's true, nothing like that can be used in legal activity. We don't even know which way he was heading.

The difference is that things on here hang around for a lot longer and can be 'overheard' by hundreds of people.

Squiggles
13th March 2009, 18:59
The difference is that things on here hang around for a lot longer and can be 'overheard' by hundreds of people.

A better way to put your first post would be... "You werent there, so shutup and dont speculate"

Ragingrob
13th March 2009, 19:06

True but I'd think that internet banter would have even less credibility than pub banter. Bringing a speculating post based on assumptions from a thread from a University forum from a Biker forum into a legal case would hold up pretty poorly I'm sure.

Ragingrob
13th March 2009, 19:10
And to be honest the only speculation on here has been "If that's the guy I'm thinking of, he rides like an idiot" by Dush. If stuff like that gets taken seriously, then Asian drivers are screwed!

Real_Wolf
13th March 2009, 23:42
yeah, the speculation of "it might be a person I have seen doing stupid things before, but then it might not, either way he might have been doing nothing wrong cause as everyone has seen at some points cagers do stupid things too"

ital916
14th March 2009, 00:09
I would like to politely suggest that people refrain from speculating on the cause of this crash, and refrain from making remarks about other alleged incidents involving this rider.

In a serious crash like this, it is entirely likely someone will be charged. It would be very unfortunate if anything in this thread suggested who might be at fault, based on previous observations of the rider rather than actual eye-witness evidence.

Perhaps some of these issues would be better discussed in person rather than on a public forum?

Oh come off it lol, if that is the case ban all threads like this. Stevo you are a mod, delete the thread then.

I agree with rob, whats wrong with a little banter. It happens all the time with incidents.

ital916
14th March 2009, 00:11
And to be honest the only speculation on here has been "If that's the guy I'm thinking of, he rides like an idiot" by Dush. If stuff like that gets taken seriously, then Asian drivers are screwed!

yeah rob basically summed it up. I can and will speculate, tis a free country.

Squiggles
14th March 2009, 07:09
yeah rob basically summed it up. I can and will speculate, tis a free country.

As long as these are adhered to...

Discussion of accidents

Accident resulting in death or serious injury

1. Please show respect and consideration for the bikers, friends and family involved
2. Names and details are not to be discussed for 24 hours after the accident unless they are already public (in the media) or are posted by family, close friends or Moderators
3. Should an accident result in deaths A RIP/Biker Down thread will be started once the names and details are public knowledge (in the media)
4. A RIP/Biker Down thread is for condolences only; speculation and general discussion about the circumstances should be in a seperate thread

The Administrators and Moderators reserve the right to remove a thread or posts
Any accident that happens at a public gathering is fair comment, subject to the above stipulations
Discussion of any accident not involving death or serious injury should be kept to a single thread. Respect for those involved should be shown at all times.
Fictitious or malicious speculation will be removed without notification and the person that posted the comments will be strongly censured

Ragingrob
14th March 2009, 08:12
Seems all good then. Broken pelvis would not be in the serious injury category.

ital916
14th March 2009, 11:59
Seems all good then. Broken pelvis would not be in the serious injury category.

mmmhmmm. Its been 24 hours too, but starting another thread would just be inefficient. Soooooo, what do you guys reckon happened.

The Pastor
14th March 2009, 14:00
mmmhmmm. Its been 24 hours too, but starting another thread would just be inefficient. Soooooo, what do you guys reckon happened.
he was drunk and speeding while smoking crack and the bastard car infront of him turned without indicating.

cage drivers are dicks.

ital916
14th March 2009, 14:01
he was drunk and speeding while smoking crack and the bastard car infront of him turned without indicating.

cage drivers are dicks.

A solid theory except for the car turning in front of him bit, most likely it was actually doing a u turn.

The Pastor
14th March 2009, 14:04
A solid theory except for the car turning in front of him bit, most likely it was actually doing a u turn.
it wouldnt of been to bad, if the dude didnt have his girl on the back not wearing a helmet, and his pet cat in his backpack.

R6_kid
14th March 2009, 14:09
and his pet cat in his backpack.

But kittens die everytime I see Mrs Palmer. Are you saying that if he had a cat in his backpack when he crashed he would be a wanker?

The Pastor
14th March 2009, 14:12
But kittens die everytime I see Mrs Palmer. Are you saying that if he had a cat in his backpack when he crashed he would be a wanker?
well i wouldnt go that far mate, thats being a dick.

say wanna buy a 1983 honda civic? sell it to ya for $800

I paid $900 a year ago. brilliant car.

motorbyclist
14th March 2009, 15:04

OK, got the story straight now (i should hope).

rider was not at fault. he was headed up the hill, straight through a green light into princes street.

the cager pulled a right turn into waterloo, across the path of the oncoming biker. failing to give way (or possibly running a red)

result - essentially a head on collision. happened so fast there wasn't even any skid marks (on the road, that is), so either the cbr was doing some ridiculous speed or the cager simply didn't look.

the best part? apparently the cops didn't take down the details of the cager at fault. WTF.

PirateJafa
14th March 2009, 15:08
Should matter that they didn't take down the driver's details. As I understand it the owner of the car has to divulge who was driving the car at the time else face being charged themselves.

Unless I have NZ's law confused with another country. ><

motorbyclist
14th March 2009, 15:18
Should matter that they didn't take down the driver's details. As I understand it the owner of the car has to divulge who was driving the car at the time else face being charged themselves.

Unless I have NZ's law confused with another country. ><

what sort of police officer attends a major accident and doesn't take details of who was driving?

as i understand it the cop didn't even take a number plate either - leaves downed rider to hope someone took decent photos

PirateJafa
14th March 2009, 15:20
Considering there were pictures in the paper of the bike lying next to the fooked BMW, it should be a breeze to get a picture from them with the plate.

Also the picture in the paper even had a shot of a police officer taking a picture of the bike and front of the car - they should have it on film then.

ital916
14th March 2009, 16:32

rider was not at fault. he was headed up the hill, straight through a green light into princes street.

the cager pulled a right turn into waterloo, across the path of the oncoming biker. failing to give way (or possibly running a red)

result - essentially a head on collision. happened so fast there wasn't even any skid marks (on the road, that is), so either the cbr was doing some ridiculous speed or the cager simply didn't look.

the best part? apparently the cops didn't take down the details of the cager at fault. WTF.

Itake it this is one side of the story....how bout we leave the speculation alone until a full investigation has been done by the SCU ;) hehe.*or when you talk to the car driver lol*

Funny how there was no time to react, no application of brake and no sort of movement...just, bang! Did the rider remember what speed he was doing, most probably 49km/h lol.

That is odd but like jafa said, there are lots of photos.

ital916
14th March 2009, 16:34
it wouldnt of been to bad, if the dude didnt have his girl on the back not wearing a helmet, and his pet cat in his backpack.

I think the fact that he made the very unwise descision to activate his NOS system at that point in time also contributed. When will people learn that NOS is not cool.....superchargers are though.

motorbyclist
14th March 2009, 17:16
Itake it this is one side of the story....how bout we leave the speculation alone until a full investigation has been done by the SCU ;) hehe.*or when you talk to the car driver lol*

source was ehab who attended scene, while he was on the phone with rider himself (they're mates)

Metalor
14th March 2009, 17:57
So who was this guy who crashed? Broken pelvis is pretty extreme... fucking idiot driver, someone needs to smack some sense into them.

Princes street is notorious for fucking shit driving though. It seems as soon as people get on it they have to drive like a giant fag. And that intersection is shocking too... and the pedestrians don't help either. I'm always pretty catious riding through there.

:wari:

ital916
14th March 2009, 19:18

That is a well known intersection, it is a give way green light when turning right, the problem is that cars turning left into waterloo stop to give way to the car turning right from princes but the vehicles behind the left turning vehicles zoom around *as is the nz way*. The right turning cars will already be turning though.

Metalor dont be quick to judge the driver. In this case we have heard what ehabs mate told ehab, which wont be accurate to start because the motorcyclist wont think he did anything wrong. And ehad being a mate instinctively will take his mates side.

For all we know the turning car would have seen all clear with a left turning vehicle giving way to him and start his turn. The biker could have been trying to catch the light and zoom around and through the intersection at a "cracking" speed and slam into the car which would have turned at the same time.

In that case, I would not blame the driver who would not see the bike coming or be able to judge his speed accurately.

It happens all the time. I have had bikes do that to me at that intersection when I am in the cage and as a biker I pay extra attention to look for motorcycles.

So lets not think the bike is a bloody angel in this incident eh until facts are proven but feel free to speculate anyway as it is a free country. I reckon the biker knows more than he is telling.

motorbyclist
15th March 2009, 00:44
bollocks - from the cager's POV there is nowhere for an oncoming bike to magically appear from and there's a whole lane of space for straight through traffic to move pass left turning traffic who can't operate mirrors

what some old coot says about the speed of a bike based on the sound it made hitting a car has very little basis on the speed of the bike - i doubt the paper saw the pun in the phrase "a cracking pace", so why they saw fit to include that comment is questionable and raised grumbles about scapegoats, propaganda and media trends

though i assume the guy was doing up to 60kph anyway, he'd have to be doing in excess of 100 for the cager to blame the biker's speed being the reason he didn't see him coming. most likely he didn't give it more than a glance ie didn't actually look (good argument for headlights if the cbr didn't have them on)

i'm sorry but i just can't be sympathetic to a cager who pulls across oncoming traffic. at that intersection i don't see how someone who looks and behaves responsibly can manage to cause a head on collision and NOT be responsible for it, unless as i said before the oncoming traffic is doing a ridiculous speed

considering the apparent lack of time for either party to react (well evidently the cager wasnt going to either way) i presume the car pulled across the intersection AFTER the cbr would have. that, however, is pure speculation.

ital916
15th March 2009, 07:00
bollocks - from the cager's POV there is nowhere for an oncoming bike to magically appear from and there's a whole lane of space for straight through traffic to move pass left turning traffic who can't operate mirrors

what some old coot says about the speed of a bike based on the sound it made hitting a car has very little basis on the speed of the bike - i doubt the paper saw the pun in the phrase "a cracking pace", so why they saw fit to include that comment is questionable and raised grumbles about scapegoats, propaganda and media trends

though i assume the guy was doing up to 60kph anyway, he'd have to be doing in excess of 100 for the cager to blame the biker's speed being the reason he didn't see him coming. most likely he didn't give it more than a glance ie didn't actually look (good argument for headlights if the cbr didn't have them on)

i'm sorry but i just can't be sympathetic to a cager who pulls across oncoming traffic. at that intersection i don't see how someone who looks and behaves responsibly can manage to cause a head on collision and NOT be responsible for it, unless as i said before the oncoming traffic is doing a ridiculous speed

considering the apparent lack of time for either party to react (well evidently the cager wasnt going to either way) i presume the car pulled across the intersection AFTER the cbr would have. that, however, is pure speculation.

I challenge you bollocks to pistols at dawn :buggerd: *I can do plays on words too!*, seriously though it happens all the time, it is a treacherous intersection as the traffic coming straight onto princes is coming up that incline, cars turning are at the top of the crest. You have no proof to support your speculation and I have no proof mine.

Dont be ignorant and ignore the fact that bikes belt their way aroudn there at insane speeds sometimes. Maybe not club members but Ihave seen motards pulling 30m wheelies dows symonds street and actually going at cracking pace through that intersection.

You forget I had an apartment in the city, I transversed that interesection all the time and saw straight and turning traffic behaving badly all the same.

If I was in a car and saw the bike coming straight but decided I have plenty of time to turn. In that space of me starting my turn If the bike has decided to speed up to catch the light, he is running late for mm2 etc assuming that I will give way, I would not think of myself as at fault. He has right of way but I have STARTED MY MANOUVER and as such he must give way. I saw, judged and decided it would be alright to move but the motorcycling speeding up has caused a spanner in the works.

A problem most cars have is that they dont realise how quick bikes can accelerate. Bikers are not all angels, Im not saying this biker was in the wrong or right as we shall have to wait for the VERDICT FROM THE POLICE *note not the rider*.

Ixion
15th March 2009, 08:48
I challenge you bollocks to pistols at dawn :buggerd: *I can do plays on words too!*, seriously though it happens all the time, it is a treacherous intersection as the traffic coming straight onto princes is coming up that incline, cars turning are at the top of the crest. You have no proof to support your speculation and I have no proof mine.

Dont be ignorant and ignore the fact that bikes belt their way aroudn there at insane speeds sometimes. Maybe not club members

Certainly not club members! The Safety Officer would not permit that.

but Ihave seen motards pulling 30m wheelies dows symonds street and actually going at cracking pace through that intersection.

You forget I had an apartment in the city, I transversed that interesection all the time and saw straight and turning traffic behaving badly all the same.

If I was in a car and saw the bike coming straight but decided I have plenty of time to turn. In that space of me starting my turn If the bike has decided to speed up to catch the light, he is running late for mm2 etc assuming that I will give way, I would not think of myself as at fault. He has right of way but I have STARTED MY MANOUVER and as such he must give way. I saw, judged and decided it would be alright to move but the motorcycling speeding up has caused a spanner in the works.

A problem most cars have is that they dont realise how quick bikes can accelerate. Bikers are not all angels, Im not saying this biker was in the wrong or right as we shall have to wait for the VERDICT FROM THE POLICE *note not the rider*.

There is no legal standing for that statement. And you can never have a "verdict from the police"> They have no power to issue any verdict, and to attempt to do so would be gross constitutional impropriety

jrandom
15th March 2009, 08:51
Has anyone else ever read one of these threads and considered that if the members of this 'Auckland Uni SMC' are representative of the university-going population these days, society is pretty much doomed?

Metalor
15th March 2009, 09:26
Has anyone else ever read one of these threads and considered that if the members of this 'Auckland Uni SMC' are representative of the university-going population these days, society is pretty much doomed?

Oh, whatever do you mean cupcake?

Squiggles
15th March 2009, 10:06

Yep, one day i'll be prime minister. Then you're fucked.:Punk:

xwhatsit
15th March 2009, 10:22
Yep, one day i'll be prime minister. Then you're fucked.:Punk:
However, it will be mandated in every bar and public house that one will forever more be able to buy three Speights for $10.

Real_Wolf
15th March 2009, 11:05
um, depending on the meaning behind 'started the maneouver' it can be said that the person who normally would not have to give way does. However in general this only applies to non-traffic light based intersections.

Mostly that is rubbish, but as he said if the cager HAD judged it correctly it is entirely possible there was plenty of space for the turn, and the motorbike merely accelerated.

Either way, no one knows, both could be in the wrong actually

ehab2weelr
15th March 2009, 12:31
k, dont give 2 shits what dushy thinks(i lov you mate : ) but this is what i came up with....
the rider was going at 55kph( speed limit is 50), in my book thats not fast at all, he has got an aftermarket exhaust thus as most of us know makes them wee 250s sound like their going at "cracking speed"...
you say we dont need to hear the point of view of the biker...why? the car driver has more right then the biker?? sound a bit 'vehiclesist'..... the biker clams that as he was going straight the car pulled in front of him.... he had no time to react (hes not very experienced so dont compare him to yourself if youv been riding for years) he panicked im guessing and didnt think of avoiding by bending the bike.... happened to me in my early months of riding....
the car was in the wrong lane at the end of the crash.... you dont need to be a uni student to tell whos at fault there.... and yes the rider might not be he best rider out there he may have done some stupid shit but that was years ago....dono any new rider that was a pro on the street from day one....
thats my 5c any more crap you wana throw at me go hard....
mind my spelling...im used to txt....

ital916
15th March 2009, 15:50

There is no legal standing for that statement. And you can never have a "verdict from the police"> They have no power to issue any verdict, and to attempt to do so would be gross constitutional impropriety

well it is a prime example of common sense if not being a legally backed statement. If a car pulls out of a car park space onto the main road and you are a car heading down that road common sense would dictate slowing down slighty, not just belting along at the same speed till you collide with said vehicle.

ital916
15th March 2009, 15:52

If you are representative of what the older generation new zealander is like, I can see why society is where it is at. We have probably contributed more to society already than you have you silly geriatric, now go take your meds and have nap.

jrandom
15th March 2009, 15:53
If you are representative of what the older generation new zealander is like...

Chortlesnort.

I'm 27.

ital916
15th March 2009, 15:55
k, dont give 2 shits what dushy thinks(i lov you mate : ) but this is what i came up with....
the rider was going at 55kph( speed limit is 50), in my book thats not fast at all, he has got an aftermarket exhaust thus as most of us know makes them wee 250s sound like their going at "cracking speed"...
you say we dont need to hear the point of view of the biker...why? the car driver has more right then the biker?? sound a bit 'vehiclesist'..... the biker clams that as he was going straight the car pulled in front of him.... he had no time to react (hes not very experienced so dont compare him to yourself if youv been riding for years) he panicked im guessing and didnt think of avoiding by bending the bike.... happened to me in my early months of riding....
the car was in the wrong lane at the end of the crash.... you dont need to be a uni student to tell whos at fault there.... and yes the rider might not be he best rider out there he may have done some stupid shit but that was years ago....dono any new rider that was a pro on the street from day one....
thats my 5c any more crap you wana throw at me go hard....
mind my spelling...im used to txt....

I didnt say we didnt need to know the bikers view but we cant neglect the drivers view, a view which we cant access obviously which leaves big holes. Always two sides to a story.

ital916
15th March 2009, 15:57
Chortlesnort.

I'm 27.

:killingme, really........my havent we made a few mistakes already...and at such a young age :msn-wink:

jrandom
15th March 2009, 15:59
:killingme, really........my havent we made a few mistakes already...and at such a young age :msn-wink:

:yes:

It's amazing what you can fit in if you put your mind to it.

ital916
15th March 2009, 16:00
um, depending on the meaning behind 'started the maneouver' it can be said that the person who normally would not have to give way does. However in general this only applies to non-traffic light based intersections.

Mostly that is rubbish, but as he said if the cager HAD judged it correctly it is entirely possible there was plenty of space for the turn, and the motorbike merely accelerated.

Either way, no one knows, both could be in the wrong actually

started the manouver means seeing the way is clear pulling out and a vehicle that is then coming accross you performing that manouver must give way. Like when vehicles parallel park, revers, pull out, turn into roads etc.

Next time I see a car pulling out im going to use my right of way and just smash into him.:msn-wink:, no worries, Im the biker, I'll be alright cos Im an angel.:msn-wink:. might be sore though *and this is in no way a stab at the biker who crashed, my sympathies with you*

PirateJafa
15th March 2009, 16:09

I have my supply of wet bus tickets standing by, never you fear.

Not really. This sort of drivel is pretty much par for the course for the entirety of Kiwibiker.

Hell, Skyryder posts worse trash up on a daily basis.

However, it will be mandated in every bar and public house that one will forever more be able to buy three Speights for $10.

And great nachoes for $5.

Ragingrob
15th March 2009, 16:24
Who knows the full story, but it only takes leaving your left indicator on to have a car pull in front of you. I can picture that happening very easily at that intersection.

motorbyclist
15th March 2009, 22:34
If I was in a car and saw the bike coming straight but decided I have plenty of time to turn. In that space of me starting my turn If the bike has decided to speed up to catch the light, he is running late for mm2 etc assuming that I will give way, I would not think of myself as at fault. He has right of way but I have STARTED MY MANOUVER and as such he must give way.

please, notify me of where and when you intend to travel from now on.

if you misjudge a gap and pull into oncoming traffic, that's YOUR fault. party A is not magically required to give way because party B decided they had enough room but misjudged it. sure there are cases where cars pull from parking spots near blind corners, but then the other driver will have been travelling faster than they can see ;). if A gets hit while parallel parking, it will count as being rear ended.

and we are assuming party A actually looked.

Real_Wolf
15th March 2009, 23:46
Thats the thing though, its not just starting the manouver that counts, its having the spare space/time that, in the cases of free turns at traffic lights or parrallel parking, does not interfere with the flow of traffic, ie the car coming does not have to stop.

Technically a car turning accross a flow of traffic at an intersection, that is hit, is in the wrong (unless said flow is speeding traffic), simply because it was their job to judge the gap and pull out when it was safe, rather than to try to push in.

According to that, say your travelling along a motorway and a car pulls into your side. Your now in the wrong, because he started the manouver and you didn't give way to him

ital916
16th March 2009, 05:00
Thats the thing though, its not just starting the manouver that counts, its having the spare space/time that, in the cases of free turns at traffic lights or parrallel parking, does not interfere with the flow of traffic, ie the car coming does not have to stop.

Technically a car turning accross a flow of traffic at an intersection, that is hit, is in the wrong (unless said flow is speeding traffic), simply because it was their job to judge the gap and pull out when it was safe, rather than to try to push in.

According to that, say your travelling along a motorway and a car pulls into your side. Your now in the wrong, because he started the manouver and you didn't give way to him

ahh but this whole debate is based on the main (straight) traffic doing something to cause a problem i.e. the turning traffic has judged correctly but the straight traffic has sped up. Im not condoning people pulling out into traffic...not at all. My whole point was to say we cant jump down the throat of the driver just because he was turning traffic and the fact that the other party was on a motorcycle. We cant just be like, the car was wrong because cars drivers are evil.

In typical smc fashion though that point is lost and another random one about traffic is now being debated in circles, where eventually strength in numbers will start quoting discrepencies in my statements, eventually leaving me to grow bored and leave the thread in 3...2....1

Squiggles
16th March 2009, 07:40
My whole point was to say we cant jump down the throat of the driver just because he was turning traffic and the fact that the other party was on a motorcycle. We cant just be like, the car was wrong because cars drivers are evil.

In typical smc fashion though that point is lost and another random one about traffic is now being debated in circles, where eventually strength in numbers will start quoting discrepencies in my statements, eventually leaving me to grow bored and leave the thread in 3...2....1

Given that nobody here has "jumped down the throat of the driver" i'd say that once again, you're off the mark. The difference between your debate and the kind Katman gets involved in is that the other people are actually arguing with him. We get "your" point and will probably soon start to take the piss out of its poor delivery.

it is a treacherous intersection as the traffic coming straight onto princes is coming up that incline, cars turning are at the top of the crest. You have no proof to support your speculation and I have no proof mine.

So lets continue to speculate then eh?

Dont be ignorant and ignore the fact that bikes belt their way aroudn there at insane speeds sometimes. Maybe not club members but Ihave seen motards pulling 30m wheelies dows symonds street and actually going at cracking pace through that intersection.

:lol::lol:

Phurrball
16th March 2009, 17:36
Dushy. You're wrong.

I can't be faffed pointing out the self evident point by point, so I won't.

Stop digging and take the the Squigs earlier advice.

Ragingrob
16th March 2009, 19:15
Yarrrrrr!

:scooter:

Metalor
16th March 2009, 22:16
Hahaha, man you guys bitch one about nothing!

I know what happened, a guy on a motorbike crashed into a car that was being driven by somebody else and some people heard/saw it happen. The guy riding the bike was pretty sore.

Am I right?

motorbyclist
16th March 2009, 22:57
yep, and despite it being pretty evident that the cager was at fault, one lone troll decided it's because we're discriminating and therefore the car driver was very possibly in the right despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, based on some certain circumstance (which would require an impressive turn of acceleration from 50kph for a 250 travelling uphill)

ok, i'm done now.

Danae
16th March 2009, 23:28
My friend went to visit the guy who was in the paper. She went with some friends who knew him. Dunno how he's doing though.

ital916
17th March 2009, 05:50
funny how Im called a troll. I said nothing offensive or rude or anything, fine I dont have the debating/argumentative skills of some of you here..big whoop, at least I try instill some discussion into your guys club, which is funny because Im actually not a member of the club....maybe the clubs next purchase should be a waaaahhhhhmbulance. laters

Real_Wolf
17th March 2009, 08:24
hey guys, did he just rage quit the forums again?

macros87
17th March 2009, 14:20
man... Deja vu

ehab2weelr
17th March 2009, 14:39
iv got a pic of the crash, il post it as soon as i get the all good from the rider.... anyone that dont want me to do so speak now or forever hold your peace

ital916
17th March 2009, 15:26
hey guys, did he just rage quit the forums again?

nothing ragey in my message, i just said laters as I had class. and Im actually not a member, cant ever remember paying the membership fee :laugh:

PirateJafa
17th March 2009, 15:38
and Im actually not a member, cant ever remember paying the membership fee :laugh:

'Tis the last time you ever get any of our nachoes then.

Slyer
17th March 2009, 15:51
nachoes
Potatos! </tenchar>

ital916
17th March 2009, 16:05
'Tis the last time you ever get any of our nachoes then.

Ahh but I do contribute with pizza, and deep fried choch bars and I have fed andrew more than his own family :P. Plus I contribute to movies like this friday, ill bring some badass movies, plus I bring beer etc etc.

ehab2weelr
17th March 2009, 16:56
pic of the crash........

shingo
17th March 2009, 18:08
Is it just me or does it look like the bike impacted the car from the right hand side (i.e. next to the driver) and not headon, judging from the direction of crumple.

Dear god man. Remind me never to go anywhere near anything you design or build.

PirateJafa
17th March 2009, 18:09
Is it just me or does it look like the bike impacted the car from the right hand side (i.e. next to the driver) and not headon, judging from the direction of crumple.
:slap: Considering that the forks appear to be bent out to the left, it was probably caused by, oh, I don't know, a accident similar to the description given? :slap:

ital916
17th March 2009, 19:12
Dear god man. Remind me never to go anywhere near anything you design or build.

I meant down the drivers side, near the front as in i.e. it wasnt a direct head on. My browser was displaying only a thumbnail of it the size it is shown in the thread. Hence I really cant tell what the car is like in the pic.

aewilliam
17th March 2009, 19:35
Met the fulla once, good dude. Wouldve been keen to do so again and chill on a motorised saddle-type vehicle ride in near future...guess not to be. Sucky esp for one who has doen tso for much of his years! Hope you heal up dude...maybe you can chillax at one of the many o'seas places you are able to go to while you rest up...

And with this thread...you uni students - wheres my taxpayers $$$ going to?! :gob:

Would be wishing one of ya uni students may have thrown on some fancy physics calcs with what info/hearsay (distance from impact being the 'known' variable) we have already and put to rest some of the speculation floating around...i for one left them sciences behind in Form 7 (yup, THAT long ago, before it was called Year 13).

Laws of Physics aside...what about traffic laws - Thought velocity of oncoming vehicle with green light (on-comer) would not stop the fact that the right-turning vehicle without green light (obstructer) didnt give way to on-comer, and so obstructer is immediately in wrong?

In my mind, i thought velocity did not cause the incident but rather the presence of the vehicle obstructing oncoming traffic - Thereagain, one could say that if the velocity of the on-comer was far lower, then the potential obstructer would have safely passed through.

Does anone know what the laws behind this are, if in a hypothetical incident two laws are broken in the lead-up to the incident?

Ragingrob
17th March 2009, 20:23
Definitely a decent head on collision there. Bugger! And looks like the car was off-centre too, as in turning right.

But yeah we don't know about the speed or riding behaviour. If the bike was going well above 50kph then the car may have started turning before the bike was even in sight. The bike could've darted out from behind one of the cars turning left and shot out into the intersection, once again the car wouldn't have seen him till it was too late. Bike may have left his left indicator on and car thought he was turning so had right of way.

On the other hand, yes the car could've simply turned right in front of the bike.

Did someone say that there were no skidmarks from either party? That's odd!

zzzbang
17th March 2009, 21:51
When in doubt, power out?

Real_Wolf
17th March 2009, 23:22
Using basic physics we can shove some 'variables' into this stuff and see what the time of reaction could have been
The time to react, assuming from the bikes perspective the car could only be seen once it left the hill, which is approximately, for a large estimate of 40 meters:

Now, we assume 80km/h and we have a 22.2 m/s, meaning about 1.8 seconds to react (remember, 80km/h is the relative velocity, not the velocity of one of them).

If we chuck that doen to say 50km/h (one travelling at 25, other at 25), and the reaction time is about 2.9 seconds.

Chuck it up to a large estimate of 120km/h, meaning both at 60km/h, and you get 1.2 seconds reaction time.

Looking at that, if we assume a sight line of 40 meters, 2.9 seconds is quite a long time, count it out to yourself or watch a clock. It would definetely have some skidmarks from one of them, plenty of time to break, so its safe to assume that one of them was travelling at a speed that was at least 40-50km/h. Looking at it, 1.8 seconds is long enough that no skidmarks is unusual too, however it is possible that both people froze in that amount of time, but unlikely. That means a speed of about 50 and 30 is possible but one or both were probably travelling faster. 1.2 seconds sounds like a fast enough crash that assuming that your foot/hand wasn't over the brake, you would not be able to react and touch it in time to get any skid marks, which would lead to that lack.

There, that enough smart-ass-ery for you? I will note, in these calculations, I'm bloody awful at estimating, so the 'distance' of sight, and the 'approximate speeds' and the 'how long to react' are all judged on what I would assume to be the case in this situation, such as a rider/driver who is not FULLY aware and expecting a crash, the sort of person you normally see on the road, paying attention but not looking for the unexpected.

ehab2weelr
18th March 2009, 11:10
im a biology student numbers mean nothing to me.....what the hell were you on a bout???? hahah
give me some stats and il be happy. :done:

aewilliam
18th March 2009, 11:45
dargh...so confusing...physics looked much simpler 8 years ago! was hoping forsome sorta projectile-based calculation with fewer assumptions...

Found something online for horizontal projectiles...
does Height=.5*a*T^2 sound familiar?
using this, 'a' being gravity of 9.8 progresses to
Height=.5*9.8*(d/v)^2
...a height of 800mm for 735mm cbr250 seat height +some leg extension for initial height...

brings it to around 70kmh velocity, assumedly combined...

I have noisly locked up car wheels and not left any road-marks from around 30kmh, so would think anything below this woudlnt leave marks from car. suggesting rider was travelling at 50kmh upon impact with NO BRAKING hence no skid mark, leaving 20kmh (assuming car was moving considering its off-centre road position) for car to also brake with no skid mark...

Would this go anywhere in defending bike rider's reasonable (close to posted speed-limit) velocity?

Real_Wolf
18th March 2009, 14:45
um, unless you mean that he was accelerating with no initial velocity, that equation means nothing. And since your using gravity, the acceleration would be downwards. Yeah, your equation means nothing.

aewilliam
18th March 2009, 16:32
um, unless you mean that he was accelerating with no initial velocity, that equation means nothing. And since your using gravity, the acceleration would be downwards. Yeah, your equation means nothing.

Height=.5*9.8*(d/v)^2
...a height of 800mm for 735mm cbr250 seat height +some leg extension for initial height...

Would this go anywhere in defending bike rider's reasonable (close to posted speed-limit) velocity?

After impact, my assumption would be that there would be no more acceleration on the riders airborne body (projectile) except gravity?

And im not assuming no initial velocity...initial velocity is my UNKNOWN variable? Or can assume an initial (combined?) velocity of 70kmh or 19.5m/s to match the distance to landing of projectile...

Height=.5*9.8*(d/v)^2
.8 = .5*9.8*(d/19.5)^2
.8/(.5*9.8)=(d/19.5)^2
sqrt(0.1633) = d/19.5
19.5*sqrt(0.1633) = d
= 8.02m
+ 2m of sliding = 10m from impact?

Or am I just using an incorrect equation or misunderstanding?

Real_Wolf
18th March 2009, 16:51
you do realise that you can't use a time in that function with it working.

Not to mention that your trying to turn the problem into one dimension with that equation, and your still missing out the initial velocity. So what it says there is the change in height is equal to the acceleration times the time. Thats rather obvious. But thats vertical acceleration, and the time would be a distance in the vertical direction.

You haev to keep the same axis if you want to do an equation as you have, and since yoru using "height" then all your velocities, initial and final, and your acceleration, must be in the said direction.

Not to mention you can't substitute d/v for time, because the velocity is not a constant, and neither is the distance, nor do they have relevance

aewilliam
18th March 2009, 17:03
:doh:

knew physics couldnt be that simple...
Oh well, churrs DW, guess I will just stick to trying not to be a projectile! same goes for the rest of y'all :msn-wink:

Yo ehab, Any word on how our pelvically-limited breh is doing? I guess the light-weight of a blow-up doll is all his pelvis will be able to support for the next very long time. Or either of his hands, which sound to be undamaged... extra blood flowing to the region may help the healing process?

motorbyclist
18th March 2009, 19:23
STOP USING MATHS that you don't understand, or i'll be forced to painfully explain the errors in your working/assumptions and then form a model of the accident myself with all possible outcomes and maybe even the probability of one party being at fault

I meant down the drivers side, near the front as in i.e. it wasnt a direct head on. My browser was displaying only a thumbnail of it the size it is shown in the thread. Hence I really cant tell what the car is like in the pic.

of course it isn't directly head on - the car rotated slightly to turn, and the biker may have swerved slightly to avoid, giving an impact force directed towards and down the drivers side of the car. looks exactly as accident was described to me

Metalor
18th March 2009, 21:34
Holy shit, just sw the pic. Looks like he must have been going pretty quick to do THAT much damage! Either that or he was riding a car, haha!

Real_Wolf
18th March 2009, 22:11
Was a honda, so their built pretty solid. That being said, the crash was almost head on, so both velocities were against each other, and so the difference, and thus the momentum transferred was about the maximum it could be in a crash.

Also, my math wasn't bad, all I did was say that if both travelled at hooning pace, of about 60km/h each, that they had 1.2 seconds to react. At a slower speed, of say motorbike at 50 and car at 30, 1.8 seconds

Metalor
18th March 2009, 22:47
True... I thought the car was mostly stopped to make a right hand turn though? 'Scuze my ignorance if I'm wrong... couldn't be bothered reading through the whole thread!

Real_Wolf
19th March 2009, 09:04
well thats the thing, if we were to assume that the car was stopped, then the bike must have been speeding excessively, to the point of over 80km/h, or else we would definetely see some skid marks

aewilliam
19th March 2009, 11:19
Also, my math wasn't bad

Not to steal the limelight RW, but methinks twas MY maths that was flawed...:doh:

Bugger for the rider's case...esp if the variable of combined velocity has car's factor of the velocity being 0... :no:

ehab2weelr
19th March 2009, 20:19
yea hes allgud now, they fixed parts of him but still some parts to go...hahah he can get out of bed now but not yet walk tho...

and the cars now days are made to take impact in such a way that it reduces the force of impact on the people involved....so the impact looks much worse then what it really is.... its smart..

motorbyclist
19th March 2009, 22:18
well it's smart for the guy who has to sell them a new car cause the whole thing folded up on itself after being subjected to a light breeze:rolleyes:

well thats the thing, if we were to assume that the car was stopped, then the bike must have been speeding excessively, to the point of over 80km/h, or else we would definetely see some skid marks

what if he did a proper emergency stop and didn't skid? what if he swerved? what if his tyres don't leave marks? i know mine dont.

ital916
20th March 2009, 05:17
STOP USING MATHS that you don't understand, or i'll be forced to painfully explain the errors in your working/assumptions and then form a model of the accident myself with all possible outcomes and maybe even the probability of one party being at fault

of course it isn't directly head on - the car rotated slightly to turn, and the biker may have swerved slightly to avoid, giving an impact force directed towards and down the drivers side of the car. looks exactly as accident was described to me

Because you are ohhh so much better at maths and will create a model that you can explain in laymans terms, taking into account so many factors that you could probably find out who was in the wrong. Why the hell do we need the scu when we have you. :rolleyes:

I wont comment further on the photo *which I have now managed to increase in size lol*

motorbyclist
20th March 2009, 13:32
Why the hell do we need the scu when we have you. :rolleyes:

i often ask the same question myself:bleh:

jith
4th April 2009, 13:41
i was the guy riding the white CBR 250RR that crashed on princess st on 11th of march at 11:45am.
i was going up princess st straight through the lights... i had a green light... so i went through.
there was a black 2006 honda accord euro coming down princess st and turning into waterloo quadrant.... he was parked in the middle of the intersection and was meant to give way to me... but as soon as i entered the intersection the guy stepped on his gas and cut me off and head on collided me!! i only had time to cut my throttle off and brace for impact.
i got throwen 20 meters and landed on my back on the side walk!!

injuries: broke my pelvice open, fractured left acetabulum, dislocated left knee by ripping 4 of the 5 ligaments in the knee, injured saphanous nerve in the left leg and ruptured the popliteal artery in the left knee.
also got lasarations in the groin that went down to my bone and injured a ligament in the right wrist.
all surgeories are gone except wrist, which is next week.
expecting to be back to my normal walking pace withing 4 to 6 months!!
thanks for all the support guys!
ride safe.
peace.
jith.

portokiwi
4th April 2009, 14:07
So how is the bike???

portokiwi
4th April 2009, 14:08
Is the cager getting charged?

jith
4th April 2009, 14:26
for all u idiots who love to assume things... yes i was wearing a helmet, and a riding jacket with pading, and a backpack with a spinal brace (metal rods) and full jeans and laced up leather shoes... so hope that shuts all of you up who thinks i ride without a helmet!

and NO i havent had major crashes before....but yes i did fall off my bike around a corner 'cas i caught the gritt....

and for all of youz who think i was speeding.... i WAS NOT!
the car was parked in the middle of the intersection waiting to turn to his right... my left, into waterloo quadrant.

there were no cars on my lane...i was the only person!! so NO i was NOT riding along side some car so that da dude didnt see me.
da only cars on ma side of the road were the ones on the left lane signaling to turn left into waterloo quadrant! i was right in the middle of my lane, the lane which is designated for trafic going straight through the lights!

and no i was NOT speeding!!
i came up the hill to the lights at about 45kmph and it was a green light and since there were no cars infront of me and since da Accord was parked in the middle of the intersectiong WAITING (giving way to me) i opened my throttle and entered the intersection..... as soon as i entered the intersection the guy in the Accord steped on his gas at full force!
wen i collided with him i was doing no more than 55kmph (and if u fucks dont believe that talk to the cops.. thats what they reckon to0)!

i didnt have time to break or do any of that fancy shit u guys talk about.... cz da dude in da car unexpectedly stepped on the gas and took me by surprise!

so yea thats that!!
i'd appriciate it if people stop assuming shit if you weren't there yourself to see the crash happen!!

ital916
4th April 2009, 15:19
for all u idiots who love to assume things... yes i was wearing a helmet, and a riding jacket with pading, and a backpack with a spinal brace (metal rods) and full jeans and laced up leather shoes... so hope that shuts all of you up who thinks i ride without a helmet!

and NO i havent had major crashes before....but yes i did fall off my bike around a corner 'cas i caught the gritt....

and for all of youz who think i was speeding.... i WAS NOT!
the car was parked in the middle of the intersection waiting to turn to his right... my left, into waterloo quadrant.

there were no cars on my lane...i was the only person!! so NO i was NOT riding along side some car so that da dude didnt see me.
da only cars on ma side of the road were the ones on the left lane signaling to turn left into waterloo quadrant! i was right in the middle of my lane, the lane which is designated for trafic going straight through the lights!

and no i was NOT speeding!!
i came up the hill to the lights at about 45kmph and it was a green light and since there were no cars infront of me and since da Accord was parked in the middle of the intersectiong WAITING (giving way to me) i opened my throttle and entered the intersection..... as soon as i entered the intersection the guy in the Accord steped on his gas at full force!
wen i collided with him i was doing no more than 55kmph (and if u fucks dont believe that talk to the cops.. thats what they reckon to0)!

i didnt have time to break or do any of that fancy shit u guys talk about.... cz da dude in da car unexpectedly stepped on the gas and took me by surprise!

so yea thats that!!
i'd appriciate it if people stop assuming shit if you weren't there yourself to see the crash happen!!

Im glad your alright but shut the fuck up. Have a nice day.

I still want to talk to the car driver...maybe hes on a kiwdrivers sort of forum.

portokiwi
4th April 2009, 15:20
:jerry: This is good.... better then TV:jerry:

GSXR Trace
4th April 2009, 16:35
Bro i didn't start this thread to criticise or question your riding etc, i had just heard that it was a BAD crash, and so figured some of the uni guys would know you and have got the story from you as to exactly what happened, and to mainly check that you were actually okay... you know what happened so don't let the guys wind you up!

jith
4th April 2009, 17:31
cheers broo!
algood algood!!
im healing well man and should be out of hospital in a couple of weeks....
as for the car driver the cops r pressing charges n jst sorting out a case so we'll see how it goes ay!!
ill get Ehab to keep u posted
peace

Real_Wolf
4th April 2009, 18:28
shush drider.

Good to hear your fine. Is the bike written off?

PirateJafa
4th April 2009, 18:30

For a nice guy you can sure be a dick.

jith
4th April 2009, 18:42
the bikes written off man.... and so is the other car cz its air bags went off!!
the other dudes insuarance has already payed for his car.... gta see wat hapnz with my bike now!
at the moment the bikes at the towe place and im in hospital... and thy charging me $15 a day to keep it thurr n ive already got a $600 bill for da bike towe and storage lol and i didnt even ask for it hahaha

PirateJafa
4th April 2009, 18:43
Shit mate. $15 a day storage? We can roll out the SMC trowtruck, pick up your bike as soon as you want and you can keep it at my place free until your insurance or whatever is sussed?

Real_Wolf
4th April 2009, 19:28
just let us know where, and make sure we can get it away and we'll take it from you.

Some of our more knowledgeable about these things people: Would he have any case for saying that he didn't need it towed?

ital916
4th April 2009, 20:58
For a nice guy you can sure be a dick.

Well, I dont mean to be a dick :innocent:.

Ross read repped me for something about crossing some sort of bridge...whatever that mean :shifty:.

Again, I said Im glad your okay um jith. Its in the past now and the coppers are doing what they do so just focus on moving on eh.

Phurrball
4th April 2009, 22:08
...A bridge too far...

You just don't learn.

Telling someone who is recollecting an accident from FIRSTHAND EXPERIENCE to STFU and have a nice day is bizarre, uncalled for and in poor taste.

Jith's post was written in a pretty mellow tone considering some of the speculation that has been liberally spread about in this thread. I'd have thought a response from the much-spoken-ABOUT person would have been welcomed to balance things up a little.

You were not there, and people in glass houses etc...

You have been the worst offender in this thread for framing your opinion in a deliberately offensive manner. (Don't plead the poor, misunderstood Dushy line - it won't fly this time. You had more than enough hints from the other posters)

Usually I'd leave that to speak for itself - as it has done here, but your STFU comment was one too many for this grumpy old timer - so you earn one of the very few reds I've issued in my 4 years here.

Heal well Jith - Romit (I work with him) tells me you're really positive in spite of some mean injuries. Hospital sucks big time, so I hope you're home soon.

Ross

motorbyclist
4th April 2009, 22:42
the bikes written off man.... and so is the other car cz its air bags went off!!
the other dudes insuarance has already payed for his car.... gta see wat hapnz with my bike now!
at the moment the bikes at the towe place and im in hospital... and thy charging me $15 a day to keep it thurr n ive already got a $600 bill for da bike towe and storage lol and i didnt even ask for it hahaha

make sure the driver or his insurer is paying the bill - they should be obliged to pay towing and storage

Squiggles
4th April 2009, 23:22
Yer, might be worth clarifying who will be paying the towyard bill...

I still want to talk to the car driver...maybe hes on a kiwdrivers sort of forum.

Thats almost a skidmark post...

Your "healthy" bike is blowing blue smoke btw.

motorbyclist
4th April 2009, 23:46

please don't feed the trolls!

ital916
5th April 2009, 07:31
please don't feed the trolls!

omnomnomnomnom

ital916
5th April 2009, 07:32
Yer, might be worth clarifying who will be paying the towyard bill...

Thats almost a skidmark post...

my bike is fine thank you, just got it serviced not long ago.

ital916
5th April 2009, 07:34
...A bridge too far...

You just don't learn.

Telling someone who is recollecting an accident from FIRSTHAND EXPERIENCE to STFU and have a nice day is bizarre, uncalled for and in poor taste.

Jith's post was written in a pretty mellow tone considering some of the speculation that has been liberally spread about in this thread. I'd have thought a response from the much-spoken-ABOUT person would have been welcomed to balance things up a little.

You were not there, and people in glass houses etc...

You have been the worst offender in this thread for framing your opinion in a deliberately offensive manner. (Don't plead the poor, misunderstood Dushy line - it won't fly this time. You had more than enough hints from the other posters)

Usually I'd leave that to speak for itself - as it has done here, but your STFU comment was one too many for this grumpy old timer - so you earn one of the very few reds I've issued in my 4 years here.

Heal well Jith - Romit (I work with him) tells me you're really positive in spite of some mean injuries. Hospital sucks big time, so I hope you're home soon.

Ross

I stand corrected...you have met him before. I dont frame anything in a deliberately offensive manner, and I dont state things in a misunderstood way. I've been clashing with the smc for zonks on the forum but In real life Im alright arent I :laugh:

Ixion
5th April 2009, 13:36
just let us know where, and make sure we can get it away and we'll take it from you.

Some of our more knowledgeable about these things people: Would he have any case for saying that he didn't need it towed?

This is a very interesting question. I don't know the answer.

When an accident occurs, the cops usually call up a tow truck to remove damaged vehicles, assuming the driver is unable to do so (cos he's in an ambulance). On the face of it, no contract exists between the injured person and the tow company (the driver probably doesn't even know it is happening).

So any charge for towing and storage would seem difficult to enforce.

However the Transport Act 1998 gives an enforcement officer power to order a vehicle removed if he deems it to be a hazard. The act as far as I can see makes no provision regarding payment for the task (impounded vehicles are different there is a regulation specifies how much the tower can charge).

Common law has always recognised that a person who carries out a service lawfully imposed may make a reasonable charge for it.

In the absence of any statutory basis for the tow company's charge they would seem to depend on that common law right.

But in that case, one might question, is $15 a day a reasonable charge? It seems grossly excessive to me.

I can rent lockup storage capable of holdiing probably 8 bikes for Less than half that daily figure.

If the tow company is relying on common law "reasonable charge" they might have trouble justifying that charge (as it relates to motorcycles anyway - I suspect they may charge teh same for motorcycles and cars)

Perhaps someone more conversant with the relevant alw may comment.

PirateJafa
5th April 2009, 14:49
This question is probably moot unless the offending car-driver's insurance refuses to pay it.

jith
5th April 2009, 16:46
hey guys!!
thanks heeps for all the suggestions and support....
the cops are really conffused and are taking ages to give us a verdict.
i keep calling the cop but he never returns my calls hahaha cops in NZ sucks!! (no offence to anyone)!
.... in the mean time.... the towe truck people are real assholes... they are like "if you dont settle the bill withing the next week, we are going to sell your bike, and if we can't cover all costs by selling your bike, we will hand the case over to debt collectors".... what diks ay!! and i was like pleading going the cops are taking for ever to sort it out and im a uni student and i have no money and blah blah and they are like "thats not our problem"... they are sooooooo unsympathetic!!
tsk tsk...

anyway thats what up at the moment.... other than that im just chilling out in hospital... movies and internet lol

p.s: im starting to hate the whole NZ traffic system and cops and all that jazz... everyones trying to profit from my misfortune!! :-(

PirateJafa
5th April 2009, 16:57
Fuck that for a lark.

Grab some big guys, rock up there and tell them that you're retrieving stolen property - they didn't ask your permission to take the bike, nor did you ask them to take and store the bike, so you're taking possession of the vehicle they have "stolen" from you. Call the cops etc if they refuse. Or we can do it if you're still stuck in hospital.

Even if they don't give up the bike (most likely) it's *fairly* likely that will gain you a bit longer.

Failing that, if they do try and sell it, someone will happily "test-ride" it and then return the bike after the ride... to the owner. (edit: oops bad plan, I recall your bike is hardly ride-able any more.)

jith
5th April 2009, 17:50
For the record that motorcyclist you remember andrew that I was talking about crashed a week later on scenic drive overcooking a corner. He wasnt wearing any gear bar a helmet *as in jeans and t shirt etc*.

man where the hell does this Dushy guy get his facts from.... FYI i was wearing a full race suite and hence didnt even recieve a scratch!
and no i wasnt speeing on scenic drive... it was 11pm on a wet night.... you try riding scenic drive in those conditions at that time without crashing!

honest to god u piss me off... im gna put a cap in ur ass wen i get out of here...
if u dont know wat ur talking about jst keep ur ugly face shut!!

peace

Ragingrob
5th April 2009, 18:08
Haha good call Jith.

Anyway, dunno if I've missed it somewhere in the thread but have you said what actually happened? Did you car turn right in front of ya?

Injuries sound pretty nasty, hope you get back to 100% soon enough.

Real_Wolf
5th April 2009, 18:27
yah rob, the car was stopped waiting to turn, then suddenly gaped it accross the front of him.

I'm sure some of the more worldly of us can find some way to deal with that towing company, just give us a message. If the towing company starts giving you mega problems, you could send a message to some of those 'shaming' style news shows, like fair go, saying that a car drove into you, then your bike was towed, and now you owe the towing company $600 despite the fact that you didn't want them to tow it, and are unable to do anything about it while in hospital

ital916
5th April 2009, 20:17
man where the hell does this Dushy guy get his facts from.... FYI i was wearing a full race suite and hence didnt even recieve a scratch!
and no i wasnt speeing on scenic drive... it was 11pm on a wet night.... you try riding scenic drive in those conditions at that time without crashing!

honest to god u piss me off... im gna put a cap in ur ass wen i get out of here...
if u dont know wat ur talking about jst keep ur ugly face shut!!

peace

For your information I was told that by someone who knows you, so maybe you better get the facts of that strightened out with them fool and yes I have met you before, you even got me a glass of water *thanks for that, it was a hot day*.

from what I was told I assumed you were a silly billy on a bike and seeing you take off down the road with out a helmet at kaiau was silly too. If that wasnt you im sorry as I have mistaken you for someone else.

As for scenic drive at night in the middle of a storm...been there done that. Fun times <_<.

I dont mean to get you so wriled up so chill. I can be abrasive but take it with a jar of salt eh :laugh::laugh:

At least you got the ugly bit right haha

I wont reply to the putting a cap in my arse bit...as thats just silly we all know a cap wont fit up there....the flat peaks kids wear nowadays are just huge.*I actually hope you dont mean to do me any harm as I take threats on my wellbeing seriously*

jith
5th April 2009, 20:40
see Dushy im a nice kid i even got u a glass of water!!
and yes i did ride without a helmet in kaiau but that was 50M from where we were parked to the toilet... and i wasnt speeding (but yes i did throttle) and i didn't slam the brakes or try do some skid or stoppie or anything as u guys were reffering to! im sure all of you could think of a time where u've been on a bike for a bit without a helmet!! one time man one time, more than 2 years ago... and hold it against me for the rest of my life will u!! :-S

anyway.... ur like chinese whistles.... u hear sumthn frm sumone who heard it from someone elz and by da time u say it out loud (and u say it as if u saw it) the stories changed altogether..... hahahaha
LOL anyway ive got no hard feelings against u.... ive got bigger things to wory about at da mo

p.s: your riding never was top class so stop picking on mine:-P
and also p.s: ur bike blows blue smoke Dushy!:scooter:

motorbyclist
6th April 2009, 00:04
.... in the mean time.... the towe truck people are real assholes... they are like "if you dont settle the bill withing the next week, we are going to sell your bike, and if we can't cover all costs by selling your bike, we will hand the case over to debt collectors"....

tell them insurance is covering it and the longer they hold it the more they'll get. if that doesn't shut them up, i like the stolen property approach :clap:

and get onto insurance mate - are you insured? if you havn't already, you had better get onto this asap because no-one is going to do this for you.

remember you've got those receipts for work done on your bike just before the crash - those and the mechanic can help save you being ripped off by insurance.... test riding a bike for sale by the shop you want a quote from is a known way to increase the value of your bike too ;)

If the towing company starts giving you mega problems, you could send a message to some of those 'shaming' style news shows, like fair go, saying that a car drove into you, then your bike was towed, and now you owe the towing company $600 despite the fact that you didn't want them to tow it, and are unable to do anything about it while in hospital

that is a bloody good idea actually. do that now, so it can be done before they go and do something stupid like sell the bike if isurance doesn't get their ass into gear and pick up the bike for assessing.

ital916
6th April 2009, 06:48
see Dushy im a nice kid i even got u a glass of water!!
and yes i did ride without a helmet in kaiau but that was 50M from where we were parked to the toilet... and i wasnt speeding (but yes i did throttle) and i didn't slam the brakes or try do some skid or stoppie or anything as u guys were reffering to! im sure all of you could think of a time where u've been on a bike for a bit without a helmet!! one time man one time, more than 2 years ago... and hold it against me for the rest of my life will u!! :-S

anyway.... ur like chinese whistles.... u hear sumthn frm sumone who heard it from someone elz and by da time u say it out loud (and u say it as if u saw it) the stories changed altogether..... hahahaha
LOL anyway ive got no hard feelings against u.... ive got bigger things to wory about at da mo

p.s: your riding never was top class so stop picking on mine:-P
and also p.s: ur bike blows blue smoke Dushy!:scooter:

Haha youll find mate that Ill pick on your riding because I learnt everything the hard and wrong way and dont want you to do the same. If someone was a bit more abrasive and up front with me I probably wouldnt have made the same mistakes. Not every bitter soul has bad intentions :laugh:. Havent had a close call in ageees, no angry cagers out to get me etc bar the incidient with the jogger lol.

As for blue smoke....my bikes fine but looks like stephens starting to blow a lot of blue smoke out of his arse. Takes a lot more than that to wind me up.

Heal up well, when your out of the hospital we can attach a two troke motor to your wheelchair while you heal up....real sick.

p.s Never said you werent a nice guy.

p.p.s anyone who says their riding is awesome should be a little less cocky as shit is sure to find them.

peace

jith
6th April 2009, 07:48
tell them insurance is covering it and the longer they hold it the more they'll get. if that doesn't shut them up, i like the stolen property approach :clap:

and get onto insurance mate - are you insured? if you havn't already, you had better get onto this asap because no-one is going to do this for you.

remember you've got those receipts for work done on your bike just before the crash - those and the mechanic can help save you being ripped off by insurance.... test riding a bike for sale by the shop you want a quote from is a known way to increase the value of your bike too ;)

that is a bloody good idea actually. do that now, so it can be done before they go and do something stupid like sell the bike if isurance doesn't get their ass into gear and pick up the bike for assessing.

maaan i dont have insuarance on the bike!! cz i was in nepal all of last year (studying at Medical school in Pokhara) so the bike was unregistered (i got an exemption or wateva thy call it) and was sitting in my parents guarage for a year.
Then i got back from Nepal on 8th of November last year... took the bike to da shop da next morning so i can get a WOF so i can get the bike road registered.... on my way to the shop da bike was parked outside a post office and this lady reversed into it.....

so since 9th of Nov 2008 the bike was at the shop being fixed by that lady's insuarance!!
they took ages to fix the bike and finally on 10th of March 2009 (the day before the accident) the bike was ready, and ma mechanic had done a WOF on it too so algood.
so on 10th of March me and Ehab and kyle went to da shop and picked up the bike and brought it back..... and it was parked up in ma parents guarage at home.
on 11th morning.... i rode the bike to da post office (da one infront of britomart) and got it road registered and i was riding to Uni up princess st and this accident happened!!!

so hence ive got no insuarance on ma bike :-(
sooooooooooooo unlucky man!!

and i havent even riding much AT ALL...

and at this point i dont know if the cagers insuarance is paying for it... cz i keep caling da cops to see what their conclusion is and they wont call me bak!! errrrr

should i jst call the cagers insuarance company and see whats up straightup without waiting for the cops to get back to me??

PirateJafa
6th April 2009, 08:58
Yes.

PirateJafa
6th April 2009, 09:00
Also tell them the situation with the towing company. Tell them that as the bike is probably going to be a write-off, they should talk to the towing company ASAP otherwise they'll be losing their wreck.

Called the cop's superior yet?

Real_Wolf
6th April 2009, 12:19
http://tvnz.co.nz/fair-go/contact-fair-go-team-767759

Send them a message, explaining the situation in a fair bit of detail (include the fact that you'd only just got it fixed after it got reversed into, then someone drove into you, and his insurance won't cover it, the tow company is charing $15 a day, etc).

Can anyone think of any other good 'shaming' programs and such? Maybe close up or campbell live, but they seem more 'official' and less of a little problem thing

motorbyclist
6th April 2009, 14:31
they took ages to fix the bike
now i don't care how bad the damage was, 4 months is an unacceptably long time to fix the bike without a courtesy vehicle. you really got shafted on that deal mate.

should i jst call the cagers insuarance company and see whats up straightup without waiting for the cops to get back to me??

should have done it as soon as the doctor returned you your phone.

if you leave it any longer, expect to get shafted again.

Danae
6th April 2009, 17:36
I haven't been reading much into this thread but glad to see that you're recovering, jith

Phurrball
6th April 2009, 19:57
Without an insurance company advocating for you - NOTHING is going to happen unless you contact and harass the driver's insurance company.

You need to contact them by phone first. Do this ASAP.

Think about what you want and when you want it. Be very clear.

Point out that the other driver appears to be at fault, and that they are liable for your costs.

The longer they delay, the more storage will cost them.

This is important:

Write down who you spoke to and what they said. Then follow up in writing: "Further to my phone conversation with X on Y date..." Please take the following actions X, Y and Z and please reply in writing by the following date.

That should start the call rolling. If they won't play ball, call every day and always ask to speak to the same person. They'll get sick of you and you'll eventually get some sort of resolution.

SARGE
6th April 2009, 20:10
maaan i dont have insuarance on the bike!! cz i was in nepal all of last year (studying at Medical school in Pokhara) so the bike was unregistered (i got an exemption or wateva thy call it) and was sitting in my parents guarage for a year.
Then i got back from Nepal on 8th of November last year... took the bike to da shop da next morning so i can get a WOF so i can get the bike road registered.... on my way to the shop da bike was parked outside a post office and this lady reversed into it.....

so since 9th of Nov 2008 the bike was at the shop being fixed by that lady's insuarance!!
they took ages to fix the bike and finally on 10th of March 2009 (the day before the accident) the bike was ready, and ma mechanic had done a WOF on it too so algood.
so on 10th of March me and Ehab and kyle went to da shop and picked up the bike and brought it back..... and it was parked up in ma parents guarage at home.
on 11th morning.... i rode the bike to da post office (da one infront of britomart) and got it road registered and i was riding to Uni up princess st and this accident happened!!!

so hence ive got no insuarance on ma bike :-(
sooooooooooooo unlucky man!!

and i havent even riding much AT ALL...

and at this point i dont know if the cagers insuarance is paying for it... cz i keep caling da cops to see what their conclusion is and they wont call me bak!! errrrr

Medical School huh???

:gob:

don't mean to drag this off topic bro .. but is English your first language or second?.. ( i'm being serious here )

might wanna try French.. might have better luck...

Metalor
6th April 2009, 20:35
^^^^ hahahahaha!!!!!

PirateJafa
6th April 2009, 20:45
Medical School huh???

:gob:

don't mean to drag this off topic bro .. but is English your first language or second?.. ( i'm being serious here )

might wanna try French.. might have better luck...

Pot, kettle, black?

macros87
6th April 2009, 21:06
Pot, kettle, black?

not to condone the massacre of the english language that is committed regularly in these forums, but the mistakes you point out have sort of become widely accepted as the forums dialect of choice... while the ones he points out are more on the extreme side really, i am guilty of a lot of them tho.. SO MACROS JUST STFU!

P.S. i am foreign so i should get some leeway in all of this engrish business anyway!

SARGE
6th April 2009, 21:08
Pot, kettle, black?

sry mn mbe i cud typ lik dis soz u gyz cn undrstnd mi btr

laziness caused by txting..

the future of NZ ladies and gentlemen

god forbid anyone who types like that will ever have to write a report, email or communicate with humans

Ixion
6th April 2009, 21:18
sry mn mbe i cud typ lik dis soz u gyz cn undrstnd mi btr

Wkz 4 me. Yz gyz is 2 old.

SARGE
6th April 2009, 21:21

wrd 2 yr mthr

Squiggles
6th April 2009, 21:37

You're the worst. Had to translate your txts for Xwhatsit the other day :lol:

Real_Wolf
6th April 2009, 22:43
lol. Congratulations of derailing yet another topic.
SMC 1, On topic posts, 0

Ixion
6th April 2009, 22:45
I say that if the Good Lord had meant things to stay on topic he wouldn't have invented shrooms. Or tits. Or beer. Who are we mere mortals to fly in the face of divine intent. .

motorbyclist
6th April 2009, 23:54
yes, moar beer!:beer:

macros87
7th April 2009, 17:51
lol. Congratulations of derailing yet another topic.
SMC 1, On topic posts, 0

well this thread seems to be settled. the point was to know how the accident happened, and then the main person involved told us, now the topic of this thread seems like fair game to me :) although i am interested to hear how the insurance matter plays out... but that will likely take time, so perhaps it should find home in a new thread :)

jith
7th April 2009, 18:17
HAHAHAHAHAH you guys are helarious!
Yes man medical school!! I’m really smart hence I have been given the opportunity to fix you up next time you do something to your bones LOL (p.s LOL = Laugh Out Loud)!!
Trust me, you will be thanking me some day!!!!! :2thumbsup

Anyway, is the spelling and grammar any better for you this time SARGE? :banana:
Ill keep all you guys informed about what happens with the insuarance.
Jafa is being very helpful and is helping me sort things out while im stuck in hospital.
God bless you Jafa!! :hug:

motorbyclist
7th April 2009, 20:30
haha, yes jafa should be very good at defrauding the other guy's insurance company ;)

plenty of prior experience :laugh:

PirateJafa
7th April 2009, 22:05
Spent a good bit of time in various police stations and on the phone talking to sergeants and constables over the last few days now. It's a novel concept, not trying to talk my way out of something for a change - it feels good to be on the offensive for a change.

And I don't defraud insurance companies Andrew. I just very enthusiastically pursue reparations.

Just give me a heads-up when you finish those bike mags I gave you the other day Jith, and I'll swap them for some fresh ones. :niceone:

macros87
7th April 2009, 23:05
Spent a good bit of time in various police stations and on the phone talking to sergeants and constables over the last few days now. It's a novel concept, not trying to talk my way out of something for a change - it feels good to be on the offensive for a change.

And I don't defraud insurance companies Andrew. I just very enthusiastically pursue reparations.

Just give me a heads-up when you finish those bike mags I gave you the other day Jith, and I'll swap them for some fresh ones. :niceone:

thats awfully nice of you, i ever bin it hard, im giving you a call buddy! so what are the police people saying about it?

motorbyclist
7th April 2009, 23:47

as one should considering how enthusiastically they try to rip people off

i have a few older ones here too

jith
8th April 2009, 16:29
Check this out guys:
So my wrist opetarion was scheduled for Wednesday the 1st of April (last Wednesday) but on Monday they canceled it saying that they are doing it on Wendnesday the 8th of April instead (today), ‘cas they want to “observe” the wrist for a while.
So today they get me to stop drinking and eating from 2am in the morning and at 8am they wheel me into Pre-Op. The Pre-Op nurse took my patient history and then the anasthetist came and went through the operation with me and all that and got me to sighn all the concent forms etc and then she stuck a I.V canuli in me using local anasthetic.
Half a houre later, after keeping me in Pre-op, my orthapaedic surgeon who did my knee shows up and goes “hey sorry! Your surgeory today is canceled because someone told your wrist surgeon yesterday that his list for today is canceled so he’s at home. Therefore there is no one to operate on you”.
What a joke ay!!
So they took the I.V Canuli out and sent me back to my ward!!
Hahahahaha
Now they don’t know when im going to be having my wrist opetarion again!!
Guess I might as well move all my stuff from home into my hospital room!!! LOL

Real_Wolf
8th April 2009, 20:08
geez, that really sucks.

motorbyclist
8th April 2009, 23:49
good advertisement for private healthcare if nothing else (and thus paying personal health and accident insurance on top of your acc levies)

ital916
9th April 2009, 07:43
good advertisement for private healthcare if nothing else (and thus paying personal health and accident insurance on top of your acc levies)

Have you ever had private health treatment, Im surprised I was able to afford it...after a fuck load of saving. Ridiculous I reckon, you either wait for ever or lose everything you own to pay for the treatment.

Phurrball
9th April 2009, 13:13
That's a boring, uncontroversial post D.

Have you been eating with formal cutlery?

You'll never win "Next Top Troll" (http://www.feministe.us/blog/archives/2009/04/06/feministes-next-top-troll-march-madness-edition-elite-eight-bracket-three/#more-12519) with a post like that.

Perhaps KB need a monthly award...nah - that'd just encourage more idiocy than we already see.

(On a side note, that linky is from a feminist forum, I'd pay a dollar to see Dushy trolling in the misogyny (http://www.feministe.us/blog/archives/category/misogyny/) subforum :eek:)

(Credit where it's due: My linkys come from Emma Hart's Public Address blog post (http://publicaddress.net/5807#post5807))

motorbyclist
10th April 2009, 01:51
actually, there ARE monthly awards for being a dick on KB

jith
10th April 2009, 11:26
ive got private health insuarance.... but auckland hospital was like "theres no point in you trying to go private because there are no private hospitals in auckland that can handle your injuries... if you go, they will just do your MRIs and X-rays and send you bak to us".... "plus its not safe to transport you concidering your injuries"....

its pritty useless having private health care insuarance in NZ really unless your like over 50 years old and bound to get some old age illness... or unless your a woman going through Menapaus! lol

ital916
10th April 2009, 11:40
That's a boring, uncontroversial post D.

Have you been eating with formal cutlery?

You'll never win "Next Top Troll" (http://www.feministe.us/blog/archives/2009/04/06/feministes-next-top-troll-march-madness-edition-elite-eight-bracket-three/#more-12519) with a post like that.

Perhaps KB need a monthly award...nah - that'd just encourage more idiocy than we already see.

(On a side note, that linky is from a feminist forum, I'd pay a dollar to see Dushy trolling in the misogyny (http://www.feministe.us/blog/archives/category/misogyny/) subforum :eek:)

(Credit where it's due: My linkys come from Emma Hart's Public Address blog post (http://publicaddress.net/5807#post5807))

I was merely talking to andrew about private healthcare. Private health care is veeery expensive, I didnt insult andrew or type any swear words.

I dont actually troll much. Nah cant afford formal cutlery on a student budget.

I really think you should save for your admittance as a lawyer, you have passed the bar. It saddens me to see such an educated person with opportunity on the plate to no proceed in a direction where he can help himself and others.

ital916
10th April 2009, 11:42
ive got private health insuarance.... but auckland hospital was like "theres no point in you trying to go private because there are no private hospitals in auckland that can handle your injuries... if you go, they will just do your MRIs and X-rays and send you bak to us".... "plus its not safe to transport you concidering your injuries"....

its pritty useless having private health care insuarance in NZ really unless your like over 50 years old and bound to get some old age illness... or unless your a woman going through Menapaus! lol

Its true though, private health places rarely have surgical areas equipped to deal with extensive and complex surgeries, so they would send you back to auckland hospital. Have no fear, youll get seen to soon enough, ten fingers ten toes eh.

Phurrball
10th April 2009, 14:14
I was merely talking to andrew about private healthcare. Private health care is veeery expensive, I didnt insult andrew or type any swear words.

I dont actually troll much. Nah cant afford formal cutlery on a student budget.

I really think you should save for your admittance as a lawyer, you have passed the bar. It saddens me to see such an educated person with opportunity on the plate to no proceed in a direction where he can help himself and others.

Yeah, alright: Maybe you're trolling, but I'll bite anyway -

Save your tears for your own lack of insight.

Comment when you are fully aware of the admission process, the legal job market and my personal circumstances.

You are not so STFU.

FYI I'm being admitted at the next available ceremony, and admission makes no difference to one's job prospects (as long as it's 'pending').

Unfortunately it's a very, very shit time in the economic cycle to finish a qualification.

I'm not starving or homeless even if I'm significantly underemployed - it's either do what I'm doing (support myself) or go on the benefit until the first 'real' job comes along - I know what I and society prefer. I wish there were an intermediate, but there isn't. None of this is helped by the fact my hours have been cut.

It's most likely I'll find a job by networking (the Auckland Alumni Network is exellent for this) and informational interviewing rather than advertised jobs or cold calling. I have a strategy and I have no fear that I will find an excellent job befitting my qualifications. Do a search for graduate/junior solicitors' jobs - you'd be lucky to find more than 2 - 5 advertised at any one time. There are approx 1000 law grads every year. No prizes for guessing that most jobs are not advertised. Not quite on a plate.

Oh, and -

STOP FUCKING MANGLING METAPHORS

ital916
10th April 2009, 19:32
Yeah, alright: Maybe you're trolling, but I'll bite anyway -

Save your tears for your own lack of insight.

Comment when you are fully aware of the admission process, the legal job market and my personal circumstances.

You are not so STFU.

FYI I'm being admitted at the next available ceremony, and admission makes no difference to one's job prospects (as long as it's 'pending').

Unfortunately it's a very, very shit time in the economic cycle to finish a qualification.

I'm not starving or homeless even if I'm significantly underemployed - it's either do what I'm doing (support myself) or go on the benefit until the first 'real' job comes along - I know what I and society prefer. I wish there were an intermediate, but there isn't. None of this is helped by the fact my hours have been cut.

It's most likely I'll find a job by networking (the Auckland Alumni Network is exellent for this) and informational interviewing rather than advertised jobs or cold calling. I have a strategy and I have no fear that I will find an excellent job befitting my qualifications. Do a search for graduate/junior solicitors' jobs - you'd be lucky to find more than 2 - 5 advertised at any one time. There are approx 1000 law grads every year. No prizes for guessing that most jobs are not advertised. Not quite on a plate.

Oh, and -

STOP FUCKING MANGLING METAPHORS

I wasnt being nasty, I was just saying I was saying I hope you become a lawyer soon, it is pretty cool to be one. Be cool.

But your being nasty back arent you ross, tut tut. Ill bite my tongue and try and think before posting.

Congrats, I hope the ceremony goes well, I feel ya..everyones hours are being cut, as a student who works I know exactly what it feels like to have hours cut.

I didnt even use any metaphors......well not on purpose.

See I am improving, I could have been right nasty back but I havent, woohoo fucking gold star for me. Oh and I wasnt trolling. I have annoyed you in the past, I guess this time you've gotten a little more wound up than usual, I apolgize for whatever the fuck I did to get you so wriled up. *apart from my comment to jith which I wont apologize for, he seems to have accepted it and I did say that I wasnt being a cunt to him....high five jith*.

Phurrball
10th April 2009, 20:08
I wasn't being nasty, I was just saying I was saying I hope you become a lawyer soon, it is pretty cool to be one. Be cool.

But your being nasty back aren't you Ross, tut tut. I'll bite my tongue and try and think before posting.

Congrats, I hope the ceremony goes well, I feel ya..everyone's hours are being cut, as a student who works I know exactly what it feels like to have hours cut.

I didn't even use any metaphors......well not on purpose.

See I am improving, I could have been right nasty back but I haven't, woohoo fucking gold star for me. Oh and I wasn't trolling. I have annoyed you in the past, I guess this time you've gotten a little more wound up than usual, I apolgise for whatever the fuck I did to get you so riled up. *apart from my comment to jith which I wont apologise for, he seems to have accepted it and I did say that I wasn't being a cunt to him....high five jith*.

Point to where I'm allegedly being nasty. Please humour me. I believe my response is quite measured, and besides "you don't have to be nice to everyone in the world to get points across" Don't hold back on my account. I'm more than capable of taking care of myself.

I'm particularly wound up - not even riled (with an 'R') you just need to learn not to comment unless you know what you're talking about - like commenting on a person's opportunities and progress when you are manifestly ignorant of the full picture.

You probably should be aplogising to jith, as you made a lot of statements without the full picture - but that's a matter for you and your own personal integrity.

Learn to frame comment as a question rather than an assertion. It helps people get the right end of the stick and stops you looking like a dick when you get it wrong - interesting that you built a qualifier into your last sentence...

ital916
10th April 2009, 20:40
Point to where I'm allegedly being nasty. Please humour me. I believe my response is quite measured, and besides "you don't have to be nice to everyone in the world to get points across" Don't hold back on my account. I'm more than capable of taking care of myself.

I'm particularly wound up - not even riled (with an 'R') you just need to learn not to comment unless you know what you're talking about - like commenting on a person's opportunities and progress when you are manifestly ignorant of the full picture.

You probably should be aplogising to jith, as you made a lot of statements without the full picture - but that's a matter for you and your own personal integrity.

Learn to frame comment as a question rather than an assertion. It helps people get the right end of the stick and stops you looking like a dick when you get it wrong - interesting that you built a qualifier into your last sentence...

Qualifier? You are going to have to fill me in to the finer points of the english language ross, its not my strength. Laymans terms please.

As for your situation...good luck to whatever you do. As for being nice or a dick, meh...I dont care if your nice or a dick *friendly dick not agro "ill cut you" dick*.

As for jith, the statements I made were about him riding without a helmet at kaiaua and the scenic drive incident. The scenic drive incident is recreated in full truth exactly the way it was told to me. The person that told it to me knows who you are.

With the kaiaua incident again was told in full truth. Other smc memebers were there who also stated it was stupid, dangerous and the wrong thing to do.

That leaves me with the thoughts on the crash i.e. maybe vision was blocked for the car driver etc and when I told jith to STFU.

My thoughts on the crash I will not apologise for, I would still love to get the drivers side of what happened.

As for telling jith to STFU, it wasnt a proper STFU more like a better just get on with healing up STFU, I should have really put some smileys or a "lol" in there but again I wont apologise. Kb should not be taken seriously.

My intergrity is fine and I know I have not spoken lies where people have said I have.

I have apologised to you for the lawyer thing even when I was just being nice. It was a compliment, obviously in future I wont make any towards you. In fact most of the time what you write doesnt interest me at all so I wont comment.

Anyhoo, I have 3 projects to do so less kb and more study me thinks.

Good night.

PirateJafa
10th April 2009, 20:46
That leaves me with the thoughts on the crash i.e. maybe vision was blocked for the car driver etc and when I told jith to STFU.

... I would still love to get the drivers side of what happened.

The car driver has been found liable by the police and they are considering pressing charges. Evidently they were not impressed by the "driver's side of what happened".

Normally I'd think that this would shut you up, however the way you've been putting your foot in your mouth for this entire thread leads me to think otherwise.

Can't be having with this newfangled "logic" stuff now can you Dushy?

Phurrball
10th April 2009, 20:50
Just a tip - when someone else tells you something they saw and you repeat it, that's hearsay and there's a reason it's generally not allowed in courts.

Stick to what YOU actually know PERSONALLY.

Otherwise, as jith alluded, it's Chinese whispers. (:spanking: me for the non PC term.)

Apologise for the half truths, misstatements and errors of judgment - no one is calling you a liar.

Real_Wolf
11th April 2009, 00:31
I've always wondered, is it called chinese whispers for some actually racist meaning, like saying that chinese can't whisper properly? Like if someone who was chinese was passing on a whispered message you couldn't understand it?

I always felt with that game that there was someone who was purposely stuffing it up, I don't trust most people.

Also, for the record, having talked to Phurrball about how you become an actual lawyer there, I gotta say: Becoming a lawyer is the most retarded process.

And a final note, Dushy, you do realise that anything you say can be taken in or out of context, and that no matter whether you mean offense or otherwise, its not what you say its how its recieved that matters.

If I was to go up to a cop and say "man your a retarded shit" because he parked slightly on the footpath, do you really think the fact that I meant it in a 'non offensive manner' and 'it wasnt a proper [offensive message] more like' [an expletive showing my opinion]

No, it will never matter what you mean, its how you say it. You think that if you go up to a girl and tell her that she looks uglier than you thought from over there, that she'll be happy about it? So what if you really meant that she looked really beautiful over there and looks completely different, she won't be happy.

All the above, no matter what you say, ARE analogous to what you have said in this thread. All that you've really managed to do is stick your foot in your mouth, and sound like an idiot. First you go against first hand evidence of what happened, then you go against what the cops were originally thinking, then you go against the actual person who was in the crash, then you continue to go against what the cops decided actually happened thanks to witness's and talking to the drive rof the car. All the way through, you were wrong. Not just slightly wrong, completely wrong. You were told many times you might as well stop as you were going down the wrong path, but you didn't.

Congratulations, you truly are the SMC troll, for no one else in the SMC, to my knowledge, is this hard headed and plainly foolish. You also made Ross there write a few essays on the subject though I think you failed to truly understand the message behind his posts

Ragingrob
14th April 2009, 00:32
G'day mate grab some 'roo off the barby and some fosters from the esky, some chips (not chups) and a potato cake from the local, chuck your thongs on, find a doona to take to kinder....... And...

Go ride your bikes!

...But.