PDA

View Full Version : I hate Suzukis!

Biff
4th March 2005, 09:07
Actually I don't. Nor do I hate Yams, Kwakas, Dukes or Harleys - or any other bike brand for that matter. Although I do have a problem with some of the people that tend to ride big Yank Tanks and some cruisers in general. But I refuse to generalise (too often), as there's at least one Hardley rider on here who appears to be a nice guy, and there’s also plenty of cruiser types here that appear to be top blokes.

But hey, we like to take the pi$$ anyway eh!

I like taking the piss out of Ducatis, Moto Guzzis and Harleys. Not because I don't like them, but because they are easy targets because they are somewhat 'exotic', a bit 'special'. Besides, every one else takes the piss so why shouldn’t I (form my own opinion, bah!)?

I like all bike brands, albeit some more than others (I love Benelli’s), and for various reasons. I'd like to own some brands more than others, and some models more than others (I want a TNT). My views are formed based upon personal experience, the experience of friends and to a lesser degree bike mag reviews (too subjective?). But even this information base can tarnish an opinion of an otherwise great piece of machinery.

I sense that there are some people on here that may go as far as saying they 'hate' a certain bike brand. Or at minimum dislike them.

Do you? What brand do you hate? Why?

Go on, be brave, don’t worry about upsetting anyone, and if I could be so bold as to ask anyone that may get a little ‘miffed’ because their brand has been targeted to remain calm. Retort constructively by all means. Unless you’re a Harley owner, in which case you can just go in the garage, kick the dog and wish you’d bought a proper bike.

jrandom
4th March 2005, 09:14
I don't hate anything. Even Harleys. One day, I want an FXDWG.

I mean, there are bikes that I wouldn't buy for various reasons. Like I don't fit on them (the current CBR600RR, for instance) or I think they look unattractive, or I think that they're overpriced, or I wouldn't trust myself on them, etc.

But HATE?

What kind of person hates an inanimate machine?

Love, however. I think one can love a machine.

If I owed a Brutale, I would love it.

Feel the love.

White trash
4th March 2005, 09:17
I fucken hate Hondas.

I can't really give you a good reason why, I just do. BMWs are right up there too.

In fact I've changed my mind. Hondas aren't that bad but BMWs do nothing for me. They're all "clinical" and just plain boring.

I've seen stunt riders wheelie or stoppie every brand of motorcycle, even an Electraglide Ultra Classic, but never a BeeEmm.

They make my skin crawl. Although an F650 makes a little sense.

MSTRS
4th March 2005, 09:17
Hmmmmm...I don't like 2strokes (I've owned plenty but would never go back). I also don't like any bike that is a cockteaser - you know the ones, promise the world & don't deliver. Brand loyal is not a high priority for me - my wife's family are all Ford nuts so naturally I like Holdens

vifferman
4th March 2005, 09:26
I really can't think of any brand I hate, although there are particular bikes I feel rather 'anti' towards.

If it had to be a brand, it would be Harley Davidson, but not because of the machines so much as all the bullshit and marketing attached to the brand. Clever, but waayyyyy too Murkn, and it just makes me want to puke.

Then again, you could easily say that the whole "racer wannabe" aura that surrounds Suzuki ownership is equally repugnant in some ways.

"Different strokes for different folks", and if all bikes were the same, or even if there were only Hondas, it'd be a sad, boring world. :yeah:

Biff Baff - I too would really like a TNT, espeically if it came with the hottie accessory that's with the one on the March page of the calendar in our toilet...

JRandom - Yeah, the Brutale is gorgeous. It was very tempting to lock matthewt's one in our gargre and deny all knowledge of it.

Jonty
4th March 2005, 09:27
This may come back to bit me - I really don't get naked bikes, maybe it's because I'm young and don't really get the retro thing. Why do people buy a 1100 cc naked bike? isn't it like buying an exotic car without a windscreen?

I have noticed the large number of naked bikes popping up around the place, but some of them are just plain ugly - someone please explain!

jrandom
4th March 2005, 09:33
Yeah, the Brutale is gorgeous. It was very tempting to lock matthewt's one in our gargre and deny all knowledge of it.

I bet it was.

Ever since the nice men at Colemans let me have a small go on one, I have been hooked.

The MV Agusta Brutale stands in my mind as the only single actual thing that I sometimes kick myself about not being able to afford due to having a wife and kids. If I hadn't done certain things several years ago (like purchasing overpriced gold rings, subsequently failing to use contraception, etc) I'd be riding one right now.

Yoof of today, be warned.

[Insert obligatory "But It Was All Worth It, Of Course (tm)" line here.]

bear
4th March 2005, 09:41
I like all kinds of models from different brands, although do find it hard to get excited about BMW's. Some of the naked's good damn fine, but feel the engine on the SV650 looks tiny.

Motu
4th March 2005, 09:44
They haven't built the bike I could hate,probably never will.

vifferman
4th March 2005, 09:53
This may come back to bit me - I really don't get naked bikes, maybe it's because I'm young and don't really get the retro thing. Why do people buy a 1100 cc naked bike? isn't it like buying an exotic car without a windscreen?

I have noticed the large number of naked bikes popping up around the place, but some of them are just plain ugly - someone please explain!
I believe it's because bikes have largely drifted away from what they used to be, so that whereas once the engine (and engineering) was on show, now it's largely hidden behind hectares of plastic. It's also that a lot of people that have the wherewithall to purchase an 'exclusive' bike are older and remember what bikes used to be like, so it's a return to that era. Maybe...

For me anyway, it's about being able to see all the engineering on show, and also not having expensive plastic replace if the bike gets tired and wants a rest in the middle of the road. That's why of all the nekkids that are available now, it's only the exotica that I like, and of that, mainly the Italian stuff (apart from the Speed Triple).
So, rather than summat sensible like a Hornet or Bandit, I like the Benelli TNT, the MV Agusta Brutale, the Ducati Mostro S4, and various nekkid and semi-nekkid MotoGuzzis I can't recall the names of....

The other thing is that given most of my riding is around town, the riding position and sensibility of wide(r) flat bars makes sense.

Biff
4th March 2005, 09:57
Biff Baff - I too would really like a TNT, espeically if it came with the hottie accessory that's with the one on the March page of the calendar in our toilet...

Any chance of a scan please ? And I'm with you guys re' the Brutale.

Eddieb
4th March 2005, 10:05
BMWs do nothing for me. They're all "clinical" and just plain boring.

I've seen stunt riders wheelie or stoppie every brand of motorcycle, even an Electraglide Ultra Classic, but never a BeeEmm.

I've a photo of a guy knee down on an R1100GS, and I've jumped a R80G/S, not very high mind you but I've done it.

Get a GS and take it up the 'Taka's one day, you may be surprised, not one of those woosy F650 ones though , a real one. It's not the bikes, it's the way their owners ride them. I've owned the R80G/S and a K100RS, the K was torque galore and ultra stable, even cranked over at 200 clicks (Closed roads and all that officer). I'd have another GS, though I wouldn't sell the 888 for one.

Saying that though I don't think you could stoppie most BMW's, physics and all that.

TonyB
4th March 2005, 10:06
I have a bit of a problem with SOME Harley owners. Mainly because of a percieved Holier Than Thou attitiude, but then it works both ways. Anyway, this fits in nicely with a question I have. I read somewhere that when HD canvassed their customer base to see where to go next (before making the TC88 engine) the feed back that they got was something along the lines of "Owners wanted to be part of 'The Legend', and 'The Legend' wasn't built using liquid cooling, multi-cyclinders or shaft drive". Can someone please explain exactly what the legend is? (this is a genuine question, not a troll).

Ducati, Honda etc can claim huge recent success in racing. Motoguzzi and MV Augusta can claim historical success. HD was once at the cutting edge of motorcycle technology. I've read that the original Sporty was just about the fastest thing around in the 50's. Then they just stopped innovating and for decades turned out virtually the same machines. Shit they nearly went under, from what I understand they were saved by the EVO engine and the near collapse (in the US) of the big four Jap manufacturers after the enforced recall of three wheel ATV's in the US.

Is 'The Legend' really a legend, or a very clever marketing excercise? Again, this is not a troll, it's a genuine question.

I too have no brand loyalty what so ever. I've owned only Jappas because they're cheaper, and I've owned more Yamahas than anything else, because there always seems to be one that fits my needs and budget. Only Jap brand I haven't owned is a Suzuki. Maybe I should get a GSXR1000, a blue and white one, eh Aaron (that was a troll :niceone:).

jrandom
4th March 2005, 10:06
hectares of plastic... remember what bikes used to be like... riding position and sensibility of wide(r) flat bars makes sense.

Yeah. Me too. Wot the rider of the over-engineered Honda sportbike covered in acres of shiny blue plastic said.

Also, there's a sort of hard-to-explain thing going on. I like bikes that are just an engine, gas tank, two wheels and handlebars, with a big round headlight. I get off on the wind-in-chest thing. I really have no idea why, but shiny race-rep lookers just don't do anything for me. No gut-tingle. No desire to sit on the back porch and admire the way the setting sun gleams off the gleamy bits.

I don't think I'll ever own a gixxer, or CBR, or ZX-anything-R. Just not me.

Jonty
4th March 2005, 10:07
I believe it's because bikes have largely drifted away from what they used to be, so that whereas once the engine (and engineering) was on show, now it's largely hidden behind hectares of plastic. It's also that a lot of people that have the wherewithall to purchase an 'exclusive' bike are older and remember what bikes used to be like, so it's a return to that era. Maybe...

For me anyway, it's about being able to see all the engineering on show, and also not having expensive plastic replace if the bike gets tired and wants a rest in the middle of the road. That's why of all the nekkids that are available now, it's only the exotica that I like, and of that, mainly the Italian stuff (apart from the Speed Triple).
So, rather than summat sensible like a Hornet or Bandit, I like the Benelli TNT, the MV Agusta Brutale, the Ducati Mostro S4, and various nekkid and semi-nekkid MotoGuzzis I can't recall the names of....

The other thing is that given most of my riding is around town, the riding position and sensibility of wide(r) flat bars makes sense.

cheers Vifferman, makes sense, I just never really understood the sudden increase in the naked bike range. I do agree that the engineering on bikes needs to be on show. For me, I think I'm a product of the plastic era and will always be drawn to the full faired machines R1 CBRR mmmm

moko
4th March 2005, 10:08
IBMWs do nothing for me. They're all "clinical" and just plain boring.

First time for everything mate.There`s a guy in Europe uses nothing but BMWs for his stunt show,even tourers like the one below.How can anything as radical as the GS trailies be boring? One of the best fun bikes out there with awesome handling.Of course if you can only see as far as the bhp figures in the glossy mags then they dont impress.I didnt like them then actually rode one for 3 weeks,if I win the lottery that`s what`ll be sitting on my driveway.
http://www.sportbikerider.us/Pictures37/tn_wheelie%20bmw.jpg

Maximus
4th March 2005, 10:11
I remember having no bike for about 8 months, :crybaby: THAT sucked!!

Now sometimes think that it's better to HAVE a bike (any bike) than NO bike whatsoever . . . . .

moko
4th March 2005, 10:12
............not a great pic but this is an R1100S
http://wijhenke.net/images/movie/moike-R1100S-BMW-rolling-stoppie.jpg

vifferman
4th March 2005, 10:26
Shit they nearly went under, from what I understand they were saved by the EVO engine and the near collapse (in the US) of the big four Jap manufacturers after the enforced recall of three wheel ATV's in the US.
There's a bit more to it than that. They nearly went bung several times, and in the 80's were helped by the US gummint restricting imports of, or applying tarrifs to, anything that was beating Harley on the racetrack or in the showroom.

What really saved Harley was the boom in sales to the "baby Boomer Generation", a huge group of 30-summat and 40-summat yuppies, who started buying technotoys with their copious 'discretionary wealth', including Harleys for the "bad boy" image they seemed to portray, and which Harley latched on to and shamelessly promulgated. If it wasn't for that, HD sales would be largely limited to patriotic Murkns and real bad boys.

TonyB
4th March 2005, 10:32
There's a bit more to it than that. They nearly went bung several times, and in the 80's were helped by the US gummint restricting imports of, or applying tarrifs to, anything that was beating Harley on the racetrack or in the showroom.
Forgot about that- I even owned a VFR700, which is a direct result of the tarrif.

vifferman
4th March 2005, 10:34
Any chance of a scan please ? And I'm with you guys re' the Brutale.
It might be available here:
http://www.superbike.co.uk/downloads.htm

(Couldn't check, because I'm at work, and two ladies sit behind me).
I think (but can't remember) that the calendar is a Superbike one.

Lou Girardin
4th March 2005, 10:34
I really can't stand Urals.

Wolf
4th March 2005, 10:40
Can't really think of any bike or make I hate but there are quite a few I'd never buy.

I like the look of Harleys and can ogle with the best of'em but I think they're over-priced for what they are - kinda like Levis - it's the whole "yur payin' fer the brand name" thing. You can get bikes that are faster, perform better, handle better, whatever flips your switch, for a lot less money. But, hey, if you're into the name or the style or the image, then it's money well spent. I just won't be buying one is all.

I would not buy a race-style bike - I don't like the riding posture - but I'll still happily ogle at some of these sleek looking machines out there.

Naked bikes? Fine. Most the bikes I've ridden have been naked. Doesn't bother me.

I might absolutely detest something about an individual bike if it's not set up in a way that is comfortable/convenient for me, but I would not think anyone was an idiot for riding one as they may find it perfectly suits their size, riding style, wahtever.

Was not fond of the CB550 as it was a little too tall for me and rather top heavy so I found it a prick to back up, especially if I was sitting on it. A mate of mine finds the CB750 - which I would find far too tall (I can't even reach the ground) - perfect for his needs and I really loved my old CB360 even though it has gotten some seriously shitty reviews.

And there are bikes I would definitely like to own, even though they might not be the best in a lot of ways - any BSA, even a Bantam, despite the fact that the electrics were reputedly shit (Lucas); BMW R100CS; another old TS125 to play on; Suzuki Intruder 1400 and dozens of others.

Right now I'd be happy if I could get my Suzuki "Mildy Aggressive" LS400 or my GSX250 running and I'd settle for any 250cc commuter/cruiser.

I find the LS400 has some really annoying points - like having to take the tank off to change the spark plug and the fact that it's top speed is only 125km/h so I feel like I'm thrashing it when I ride it at 100km/h and the fact that it's less comfortable on long runs than my old CB360 was - but I still like it. Good for commuting, anyway.

Wolf
4th March 2005, 10:42
I remember having no bike for about 8 months, :crybaby: THAT sucked!!

Now sometimes think that it's better to HAVE a bike (any bike) than NO bike whatsoever . . . . .
Yep. No bike for about 6 months, now. :crybaby:

Biff
4th March 2005, 11:10
It might be available here:
http://www.superbike.co.uk/downloads.htm

(Couldn't check, because I'm at work, and two ladies sit behind me).
I think (but can't remember) that the calendar is a Superbike one.

Wooohooooo - "heaven, I'm in heaven, lad di da di da di da di da di daaaaa"

:niceone: Not a particularly good shot of the bike, but what an array of beauftiful ladies!! :niceone:

Racey Rider
4th March 2005, 11:13
Actually I don't. .
There I was, all ready to give you a good 'rep' point....
(Good Man! Speakes his mind!!)

and then you had to go watering it down and all P.C. on us!

:no: Shame.

..... In fact I've changed my mind. Hondas aren't that bad but BMWs do nothing for me. They're all "clinical" and just plain boring.
What about the R1100S? Thats the only BMW that interests me.

Biff
4th March 2005, 11:33
and then you had to go watering it down and all P.C. on us!

:no: Shame.[/COLOR]

P.C ? Me? Mwahahahahahahaha. Dude, I am NOT P.C. Trust me.:2thumbsup

outlawtorn
4th March 2005, 12:24
I like all bikes, big, small, fat, thin, etc etc.

But I hate BMW bikes, just like I hate BMW cars. The people who own BMW's are generally young executives who think they now have money and are superior to anyone else, they drive likes pricks, ride like pricks and are generally pricks. This also comes from living in South Africa where most people with Beemers are complete wankers. But now I've just had a thought, I actually don't hate Beemers, just the people who ride/drive them.

HD make great bikes and the marketing is really cool, but how the fuck can anyone charge $50 for a fucking t-shirt just cause it has the HD logo on it? What a crock of bullshit, I love HD's and one day I will own one, but don't expect me to buy a t-shirt or vest or jacket to "go with" the bike, that's just crap. HD are taking the bike out of the enthusiasts hand and putting it into the executives hands, because more often than not HD's are fucking expensive, I can buy a brand new kick ass Suzuki cruiser for $24000 which gives me everything a HD can, with a bigger motor, but a similar spec HD will cost $44000. Why?

:done:

scumdog
4th March 2005, 12:36
Like all brands of bikes, got the H-D partly for the :Pokey: factor but mainly 'cos the simple truth is I wanted one, ain't that the reason that ALL people buy their choice of bike? (I know, monetary constraints can stop you getting the bike you REALLY want)

Yup, no problem with any brand of bike but sometimes have a problem with the riders of them (No brand in particular, just all sorts get ridden by tossers at times).

MSTRS
4th March 2005, 12:52
I don't think I'll ever own a gixxer, or CBR, or ZX-anything-R. Just not me.
Statements like this are just begging to come back & haunt you. There is hope that Mrs Murphy's little boy won't get you tho, since you never said 'never' :niceone:

gsxr750
4th March 2005, 12:52
thats a big word. quite often hate the car uCnts I come across. but belive that just as we should ride in piece. so should all riders (insert smiliy with halo) enjoy what they've chosen to ride. brand's when you get down to it mean shit.if you've got the machine that gives you the joy (ok more halos) of riding does it matter?
Nick

Wolf
4th March 2005, 13:17
The people who own BMW's are generally young executives who think they now have money and are superior to anyone else, they drive likes pricks, ride like pricks and are generally pricks. This also comes from living in South Africa where most people with Beemers are complete wankers. But now I've just had a thought, I actually don't hate Beemers, just the people who ride/drive them.

I'm not an executive and I don't have any money, but I still want a beemer. (Jury's still out on whether I am, or ride like, a prick). As you used the qualifiers "generally" and "most", I see that you're willing to give the benefit of the doubt and not tar all beemer riders with the same brush.

I want a beemer because I like the look of them - I have ever since I was given a 1:24 kitset BMW R75 (WWII model) as a youngling. I don't really give a rat's arse about any image associated with Owning A BMW(tm), I just like the look, sound and feel of a boxer twin (hence my wanting and R model, not a K or any of their single banger trail versions).

For me it's not "Hey look, I can afford a BMW". Hell, the one I want is available second hand for around the $8500 mark, less than a lot of people pay for their new Suzuki's - I'm more likely to get looks that say "What'd he buy that ancient thing for? There're lots of faster, more powerful bikes out there."

I want the R100 as I took one for a test ride and fell in love with it - but an R80 would do just as well...

Did I mention my birthday's coming up in August?

outlawtorn
4th March 2005, 13:24
Did I mention my birthday's coming up in August?

we'll have a quick whip round for Wolf's birthday pressie at the next meet, don't reckon we'll get enough for the bike, but at least enough for a nice mounted pic of it.

Wolf
4th March 2005, 13:39
we'll have a quick whip round for Wolf's birthday pressie at the next meet, don't reckon we'll get enough for the bike, but at least enough for a nice mounted pic of it.
:killingme

.................................................. .................

Timber020
4th March 2005, 15:28
Im not a harley fan for many reasons, most of all that they generally couldnt make a decent bike to save themselves. There bikes in the 70's and 80's were reknown for being junk, engines were poorly made, lacking power, finish and reliability. Gangs liked them although many famous hells angels have admitted that they would have rather have riden hondas. in the early 90s I think the 1340 was puting out 65hp, not much more than an RGV250 ffs. They show all the technical innovation of chop sticks.

Harley soley sells because of their name recognition. If any other manufacturer put out the kinda machines harley has they would be laughed at. I dont know how harleys became standard issue with poser mid life crisises but its saved them from having to compete head on with other bike makers.

Harleys quality control is now much better, but most of the technical bits are about as american as saddam hussein. I studied the Harley company at Uni, and the only thing that stood out was its ability to take advantage of its name and underproduce their product to keep prices up.

BMW I dont mind, I doubt I would ever own one but at least they are well made.

White trash
4th March 2005, 15:47
Im not a harley fan for many reasons, most of all that they generally couldnt make a decent bike to save themselves. There bikes in the 70's and 80's were reknown for being junk, engines were poorly made, lacking power, finish and reliability.

Correct. Untill the directors of the company had a gutsfull of being dictated to by the bean counters at AMF, the owners. The 13 directors of each department, mortgaged themselves to the hilt, borrowed hundreds of thousands of dollars and bought the company off AMF. In 1984 they released the Evolution engine which, after previous engines, was regarded extremely well built and reliable. The main focus for the reborn company was a little thing called "quality control"

Harley soley sells because of their name recognition.

No they don't. They sell because of "brand loyalty". Big difference. I've never spoke to anyone who said, "I'm buying a Harley because I've never heard of any other bike"

If any other manufacturer put out the kinda machines harley has they would be laughed at.

Really?! How come every manufacturer now makes or has made a Harley clone?

Harleys quality control is now much better, but most of the technical bits are about as american as saddam hussein. I studied the Harley company at Uni, and the only thing that stood out was its ability to take advantage of its name and underproduce their product to keep prices up.

Quality control is excellent now. The reason they sell so well has nothing to do with "mid life crisis" or any thing other than this. Harley Davidson has probably the third strongest marketing machine in the world, following only MacDonalds and Coke. Everything Harley does, is huge.

As for under producing their bikes? Not sure where you heard that, but in order to keep the quality control at it's exceptional level, there's only so much a factory can produce. To counteract this problem, they've just opened a complete new factory to build specificaly Softails.

White trash
4th March 2005, 15:55
HD are taking the bike out of the enthusiasts hand and putting it into the executives hands, because more often than not HD's are fucking expensive, I can buy a brand new kick ass Suzuki cruiser for $24000 which gives me everything a HD can, with a bigger motor, but a similar spec HD will cost $44000. Why?

:done:

Not quite.

I can sell you a 1450cc Superglide for $26000 brand new.

In two years time, the HD will still be worth $23-$24K.

And lastly, no Suzuki cruiser kicks arse.

White trash
4th March 2005, 15:58
Tell ya the big reason I hate Harleys. I can't afford one! Christ that sucks.

magnum
4th March 2005, 16:46
dont hate any bikes although im not fussed on cruisers.i dont like those cunts who buy a harley and think theyre tough,man makes amotorcycle not the other way around.nough said. :apint:

Coyote
4th March 2005, 16:57
I can't really give you a good reason why, I just do. BMWs are right up there too.

BMWs piss me off. It's not so much the bike as it's the licenced BMW riders gear I hate. Those helmets are so ugly :pinch:

Timber020
4th March 2005, 17:30
No they don't. They sell because of "brand loyalty". Big difference. I've never spoke to anyone who said, "I'm buying a Harley because I've never heard of any other bike"

Very true, got my marketing terms mixed up!

Really?! How come every manufacturer now makes or has made a Harley clone?

The jap manufacturers are more picking up buyers that dont have the money for Harleys, not competeing against them, its not that harley make a superior product but as you said there marketing/brand thing is huge. Harley owns the cruiser market, heck Harley really IS the cruiser market, but more due to its branding, not its product. (face it unless it makes utter dogboxes they will still sell) The laughed at comment didnt come out exactly right, I meant that if you tried to sell a harley against all other manufacturers machines without the brand and with the same price the harleys are now, the salesman would be laughed at.

As for under producing their bikes? Not sure where you heard that, but in order to keep the quality control at it's exceptional level, there's only so much a factory can produce. To counteract this problem, they've just opened a complete new factory to build specificaly Softails.[/QUOTE]

For harley to keep demand up and therefore percieved value of their product they have to underproduce their bikes. This is a big part of the reason that they resell so well as well as the fact that the models dont change greatly by tech spec year to year. Harley keeps a very close eye on how many buyers they have for their machines and is extremely careful not to make quite as many as the market demands. But they are cutting it shorter after loosing sales to the japanese due to impatient buyers.

The mid life crisis thing is something harley recognises in its marketing strategies. the average harley buyer, at least in the US demographically is in his late 40's, earns $78,000 a year, has 3 kids who are of college age and has a white collar management job. Sounds like a midlife crisis market to me.
Harley themselves have said that the generation xers are more interested in sport bikes so sometime in the FUTURE they will have to meet the japanese competition head on. At the moment they can rely on their brand to keep sales up.

Skyryder
4th March 2005, 18:03
Actually I don't. Nor do I hate Yams, Kwakas, Dukes or Harleys - or any other bike brand for that matter. Although I do have a problem with some of the people that tend to ride big Yank Tanks and some cruisers in general. But I refuse to generalise (too often), as there's at least one Hardley rider on here who appears to be a nice guy, and there’s also plenty of cruiser types here that appear to be top blokes.

But hey, we like to take the pi$$ anyway eh!

I like taking the piss out of Ducatis, Moto Guzzis and Harleys. Not because I don't like them, but because they are easy targets because they are somewhat 'exotic', a bit 'special'. Besides, every one else takes the piss so why shouldn’t I (form my own opinion, bah!)?

I like all bike brands, albeit some more than others (I love Benelli’s), and for various reasons. I'd like to own some brands more than others, and some models more than others (I want a TNT). My views are formed based upon personal experience, the experience of friends and to a lesser degree bike mag reviews (too subjective?). But even this information base can tarnish an opinion of an otherwise great piece of machinery.

I sense that there are some people on here that may go as far as saying they 'hate' a certain bike brand. Or at minimum dislike them.

Do you? What brand do you hate? Why?

Go on, be brave, don’t worry about upsetting anyone, and if I could be so bold as to ask anyone that may get a little ‘miffed’ because their brand has been targeted to remain calm. Retort constructively by all means. Unless you’re a Harley owner, in which case you can just go in the garage, kick the dog and wish you’d bought a proper bike.

Just brilliant.

Skyryder

Riff Raff
4th March 2005, 18:57
I really dislike BMWs - they're ugly bikes, and most owners are up themselves(note I'm not implying that all are dicks - there are some genuinely nice BMW riders, but they are few and far between).

inlinefour
4th March 2005, 19:22
I like all bikes, just prefer the Hondas more than anything else hence will only purchase Honda. Why? Don't ask me. :spudwhat:

scumdog
5th March 2005, 03:47
Im not a harley fan for many reasons, most of all that they generally couldnt make a decent bike to save themselves. There bikes in the 70's and 80's were reknown for being junk, engines were poorly made, lacking power, finish and reliability. Gangs liked them although many famous hells angels have admitted that they would have rather have riden hondas. in the early 90s I think the 1340 was puting out 65hp, not much more than an RGV250 ffs. They show all the technical innovation of chop sticks.

Harley soley sells because of their name recognition. If any other manufacturer put out the kinda machines harley has they would be laughed at. I dont know how harleys became standard issue with poser mid life crisises but its saved them from having to compete head on with other bike makers.

BMW I dont mind, I doubt I would ever own one but at least they are well made.

I don't care, I still bought one for ME.

And if that gets up peoples nose that's even better.

Why can't the 'other' brands do similar marketing? Just a thought.

White trash
5th March 2005, 06:51
the average harley buyer, at least in the US demographically is in his late 40's, earns $78,000 a year, has 3 kids who are of college age and has a white collar management job. Sounds like a midlife crisis market to me.
Harley themselves have said that the generation xers are more interested in sport bikes so sometime in the FUTURE they will have to meet the japanese competition head on. At the moment they can rely on their brand to keep sales up.

You are correct in a roundabout sort of way here. Except they're not going to take it seriously in the future, they are now.

The average Harley owners age is increasing every year. At a HOG conference in Brisbane last Feb, I was the youngest member in attendance. At 28! That aint that young.

If HD were prepared to sit on their laurels, the V-Rod would never have been built.

Teflon
5th March 2005, 06:56
Do Harley still use Japanese carburetors?.

White trash
5th March 2005, 07:58
Yup. Who doesn't?

They also use Holy carbs. They have Showa suspension as well.

moko
5th March 2005, 08:02
I I don't really give a rat's arse about any image associated with Owning A BMW(tm), I just like the look, sound and feel of a boxer twin (hence my wanting and R model, not a K or any of their single banger trail versions).

I`m with you there Wolf,I like them because they`re a rider`s bike,not a summertime toy or impractical poser`s tool.I work in a factory,been a biker since the word meant the same as "gang member" does in N.Z. I`m not and never have been a poser of any kind,I dont give a shit what others think of me or my wheels.I`d have one if I could afford a new-ish one because they`re put together properly and the most relaxing way of getting somewhere far away quick and drama- free while not feeling like you`ve done 10 rounds with the Rock afterwards.I think the difference here between us and most of the other guys in this thread is that we`ve actually ridden one.If tossers want to cruise around at scooter speed with their heads up their arses then that`s their problem,they`d be wankers whatever they drove or rode.

moko
5th March 2005, 08:05
Yup. Who doesn't?

They also use Holy carbs.

Yep,buy one and you`ll be praying a lot

Timber020
5th March 2005, 09:47
Why can't the 'other' brands do similar marketing? Just a thought.

Other manufacturers are trying, but they havent got the image created by decades of bearded tatoo covered criminals rolling around the US and being anti social to give them the "rebel" image the Harley rider wants to identify with, or the history.

Indian is trying to do exactly what harley has done, and its doing okay. I cant imagine the honda cruisers working off their heritage-scooters!

scumdog
5th March 2005, 10:20
Yup. Who doesn't?

They also use Holy carbs. They have Showa suspension as well.

Had a look at the carb on me Sporty, yup, sure as hell has a lot of holes in it, had a look at the one on my F100 and it has so many holes that they actually call it a Holley!! :shit: :laugh: :bleh:

Hitcher
5th March 2005, 12:50
The MV Agusta Brutale stands in my mind as the only single actual thing that I sometimes kick myself about not being able to afford due to having a wife and kids. If I hadn't done certain things several years ago (like purchasing overpriced gold rings, subsequently failing to use contraception, etc) I'd be riding one right now.
I'll give you $35,000 for your wife and kids, if that helps...

MSTRS
5th March 2005, 14:00

MSTRS
5th March 2005, 14:01
After he's done all the hard work breaking them in?? Cheap barstool. Go find your own. :wari:

jrandom
5th March 2005, 19:57

Tempting.

$40,000 in cash and Mrs H's new Marauder, and it's a deal...

DarkNinja
5th March 2005, 22:42
I prefer Kawasaki just because it was teh family business. They used to own the Kawasaki shop on kent tce or around there before they plonked a flaming great hotel on top of it. I know Kawasakis are different then to what they are now but its still cool to have the kind of bike my grandpappy used to own. :cool:

Teflon
6th March 2005, 06:50
Not quite.

I can sell you a 1450cc Superglide for $26000 brand new.

In two years time, the HD will still be worth $23-$24K.

And lastly, no Suzuki cruiser kicks arse.

Thats just marketing. Harley's have no innovation unlike a Jappa, thats why they hold there value.

scumdog
6th March 2005, 11:25
Whadaya mean they have no innovation? The went from the old iron shovel-heads to the modern alloy evolution engines in the early 80's!! :banana:

avgas
6th March 2005, 12:13
I dont hate brands, just bikes in particular.
I hate choppers (but i repspect the people who build em), but i like cruisiers.
I hate anything with ape hangers.
I dislike trikes.
I hate all the fandagled bmws and goldwings - the remove the point of owning a bike.
I dislike CBR fizzbombers (u know, the ones that whine - not roar - not blades, cbr250rr, hurricanes etc)
I hate ricebikes, u know - the guys who ride em hate streetfighters

NC
6th March 2005, 12:21
I like em..

I did quite a good stoppie this morning on Melon's street magic..:laugh:

NC
6th March 2005, 12:22
Do Harley still use Japanese carburetors?.
I got told that in the 80's and early 90's that 85% of HArley's were japanese.

onearmedbandit
6th March 2005, 12:43
Me, well I can't think of any bike I hate. I like what I like, if you don't like it that's not my concern or problem. If it's got two wheels, an engine, etc etc its all good as far as I'm concerned. I might not like to own or ride it myself, but that's a part of what makes us all individual.

Teflon
6th March 2005, 12:59
Bit of humor.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8029&stc=1

inlinefour
6th March 2005, 13:15
Bit of humor.

I have now found my new wallpaper to get me through 2005! :niceone:

Bonez
6th March 2005, 16:50
I have now found my new wallpaper to get me through 2005! :niceone: Ditto. And a Ducati owning mates PC ;)

Jackrat
6th March 2005, 18:54
Thats just marketing. Harley's have no innovation unlike a Jappa, thats why they hold there value.

No innovation????
The first bike to have telescopic forks,the first bike to have disc brakes,the first bike to use mono shock suspension,the first bike to use safty levers,the first bike to use a Vtwin.
And the list goes on.
In the mean time the Jap Co's copy everything including the bikes themselfs.
The jap's might improve on something but they've invented bugger all.
But back to the subject at hand,there are no bikes I hate.
If it's got two wheels I'm keen.

Jackrat
6th March 2005, 19:07
I got told that in the 80's and early 90's that 85% of HArley's were japanese.

That's interesting if only for the question it raises, so what???
BTW I owned a 1980 FLT,it had no japanese parts on it,it was as reliable as any bike I've ever owned.
Harley started using Mikuni carbs and showa suspension in 85/86 like just about every other Co in the world.
Which brings us back to that question,so what?? :spudwhat:

Jackrat
6th March 2005, 19:11
Bit of humor.

How cute,a Honda jacket owner trying to find his dick.
I wonder if he's related in anyway to a Harley tee shirt owner??
An that folks makes 2000. :banana:

Jackrat
6th March 2005, 19:33

It works like this,sort of.
Once upon a time what you call naked bike were the only thing you could buy,they were the norm.Then people started changing bikes to suit themselfs.
We ended up with Cafe racers and choppers.The Japs then started copying what the riders of the day were doing,Kawasaki being the first to do so with their factory customs,harley followed suit and then Yamaha ect ect.So we ended up with a bunch of chopper clones that weren't really choppers at all but people being lazy cunts they sold anyway.
Then came race replicas with Kawasaki again being in the first to take the plunge.
So today we have a factory made bike to suit all tastes,all lacking in any inderviduality what so ever.
Luckly there are still people that will take a standard bike an remake it into their own machine that somebody else can,t just walk into a shop and buy.
There are also a lot of people that don't want to change their bike but do want what I call a conventional bike.IE not a clone of some race bike or poorly styled chopper but a bike where they do feel the wind,see their engine,don't cause $$$$$$$$ damage if they drop it in the driveway.
Things are coming full circle and people still point the finger at Harley and bleat about marketing.
While they sit on their sportsbike,cruiser ect :spudwhat: :killingme

Teflon
6th March 2005, 20:29
Yes back in the day they were good motorcycles, but now they have become stagnant, shit if all the japaness motorcycle companys had the same mindset as the Americans have, we all would be riding 60hp, 600lbs of crap.

Harley's just don't cut it, they could have been a force to be reckon with if they invested in research, but they kept using the same non-innovative concepts which they try and call a real motorcycle.

why did they quit racing?, because they coulded compete.

While the European and Japaness were putting out better handling, faster motorcycles 'each year', harley's fell further behind in technology and performance.

Could really go on and on, but i'm multi-tasking at the moment and just don't have the time, maybe later.

scumdog
7th March 2005, 01:51
Yes back in the day they were good motorcycles, but now they have become stagnant, shit if all the japaness motorcycle companys had the same mindset as the Americans have, we all would be riding 60hp, 600lbs of crap.

Harley's just don't cut it, they could have been a force to be reckon with if they invested in research, but they kept using the same non-innovative concepts which they try and call a real motorcycle.

why did they quit racing?, because they coulded compete.

While the European and Japaness were putting out better handling, faster motorcycles 'each year', harley's fell further behind in technology and performance.

Could really go on and on, but i'm multi-tasking at the moment and just don't have the time, maybe later.

60hp 600lbs pieces of crap are for those with taste, the rest ride something else :bleh: :bleh:

Imagine how boring bikes would be if ALL bikes were as good as/looked like a Hyabusa?

H-D might be 'falling behind in technology' but the rest would give their eye-teeth for that kind of sales and marketting.

Eat your hear out you non-H-D owner!

And as Jackrat says: "so what?"

scumdog
7th March 2005, 01:56
How cute,a Honda jacket owner trying to find his dick.
I wonder if he's related in anyway to a Harley tee shirt owner??
An that folks makes 2000. :banana:

I thought the Honda jacket owner (does he actually own any bike) was bowing his head in awe at the mighty H-D factory - and rightly so!! :whistle: :yes: :bleh:

Timber020
7th March 2005, 11:27
No innovation????
The first bike to have telescopic forks,the first bike to have disc brakes,the first bike to use mono shock suspension,the first bike to use safty levers,the first bike to use a Vtwin.
And the list goes on.
In the mean time the Jap Co's copy everything including the bikes themselfs.
The jap's might improve on something but they've invented bugger all.
But back to the subject at hand,there are no bikes I hate.
If it's got two wheels I'm keen.

The first telescopic fork was BMW's, some 14 years before harley. Second was Norton, then matchless made them, Ariel followed suit. Truimph had them on all models by 1946 before Harley put them into production in 1949.

I thought a brit bike or Honda put the first disc on a bike, I could be wrong though. I know harley didnt put it on its production line until 1972 where as honda had it on the CB's in the late 60's.

The vtwin first came out in an indian in 1907, before harley and before that there were vtwins in europe as early as 1902.

But they may well have made the first monoshock. Harley did set up the japanese motorcycle industry, so for that I am grateful, So any copying the japanese do they learned from harley!

I think the greatest form of innovation can be found in the buells, although Harley was against Eric using the motors to begin with I think buell do show alot of out there ideas, where many manufacturers might not have to balls to implement them, I think Buell has shown the same spirit as ATK did when it comes to making out there bikes. And thats great for motorcycling in general.

And as much as I cant find myself liking the product which is a Harley bike or the amazing stubborness of a few of their owners (yeah listen to me talk!) I do appreciate they are out on the road for simular reasons as we all are and for that I will nod at you guys whenever I see you, and respect you because your riding as we all are, and will always stop to help you out should I see you on the roadside.

We can all agree we hate volvo drivers and Paul holmes though right?

Wolf
7th March 2005, 12:15
All the bikes I've own have been naked (except for the large front sheilds of the two Yerpeen scooters I had.) The only faired bike I've ridden was the R100CS - and that was only a bikini fairing.

Fairings look cool and sleek but for me they're just another thing to repair if you drop the bike. So far I've shelled out for clutch and brake levers, straightening pegs and getting a side stand welded back on (cost me a tray of stubbies), I'd hate to have to pay out for repairs to a fairing (especially if I'd just slipped on a patch of oil in the car park and the bike was otherwise unharmed)

That's not to say I would not buy a faired bike that was in my price range and had the attributes I wanted, but if I had a choice of two bikes at the same price and comparable specs, I'd buy the naked one.

vifferman
7th March 2005, 12:29
That's not quite right.
"Brand loyalty" is what keeps people buying a particular brand after their initial purchase. Name or brand recognition (or profile) is what makes a potential customer think of that brand in the first place.
And that is why so many people (including non-bikers) know about Harley Davidson - because the name now has a very high profile and brand recognition is good. Harley Davidson as a name has a much higher profile amongst the general populace than other motorcycle brands, and is probably more likely to be associated with motorcycling than other brands.

vifferman
7th March 2005, 12:39
No innovation????
[Harley Davidson was] The first bike to have telescopic forks,the first bike to have disc brakes,the first bike to use mono shock suspension,the first bike to use safty levers,the first bike to use a Vtwin.
Found this by Googling the Interweb:
"The traditional telescopic fork came from a 1935 BMW design that included hydraulics. After BMW, Norton developed a similar system in 1939, Matchless in 1940 and Ariel in 1941."
And:
"Phillip Vincent built his first production motorcycle in 1929, under the HRD banner. ... but Vincent's first motorcycle, and every one thereafter, used an innovative rear-suspension system, similar to a monoshock (in 1955, he introduced a true monoshock on the fully faired series-D machines). "
And:
"Honda adopted a front wheel disk brake for mass-produced motorcycles for the first time in the world in 1969 and realized high braking performance required by the trend for larger size and higher speed motorcycles."
:Pokey:

scumdog
7th March 2005, 12:43
When I bought my first H-D I had hardly even seen one close up let alone ridden one, I just decided to buy one (probably watched too many re-runs of Easy Rider as a child).

I sure as hell had Brand Identity but no Brand Loyalty.

All bikes are o.k. with me (can't say the same about some of their owners) but it just so happened I wanted a H-D.

To me slagging off another brand of bike makes as much sense as slagging of in a Holden vs Ford opinion.

I note that not many (any at all?) H-D riders slag of the other brands except maybe in a little bit of leg-pulling, having said that, as you all know there are two types of bike owner:

Those that own a Harley and those that want to own one! :Pokey: :whistle: :laugh:

vifferman
7th March 2005, 12:59
I note that not many (any at all?) H-D riders slag of the other brands except maybe in a little bit of leg-pulling, having said that, as you all know there are two types of bike owner:

Those that own a Harley and those that want to own one! :Pokey: :whistle: :laugh:
If I could have only one motorcyle, it wouldn't be a Harley.
If I could have as many motorcycles as I wanted, a cruiser would be one of the bikes in my stable, and it would almost certainly be a Harley.

idb
7th March 2005, 13:48
You know...you've written that before and I'm starting to think that you really believe it!!!!
:Pokey: right back at ya!

idb
7th March 2005, 14:06
I ended up with Ducs cos I wanted a bike that was a bit different and interesting, something that would start a conversation in the pub car park or at the rally but also needed a bit of maintenance from time to time to keep me interested in the garage.
The Darmah came up and seemed perfect. And so it has been.
Over time it happens that I know more about Ducs than any other bike (note that I didn't say that I know a lot about them) so I felt more confident in choosing another when it came to a new purchase.
For me they have the ideal blend of performance, history, interest from others, maintenance requirements from the owner, looks, sound and, lets be honest, pose value.
Let's face it, most bikes are toys so they are seldom bought for their functional value only.
Mind you, I still can't learn to love the Multistrada. :no:

Well, that was boring....let's all talk about ME!!!

scumdog
7th March 2005, 15:53
I ended up with Ducs cos I wanted a bike that was a bit different and interesting, something that would start a conversation in the pub car park or at the rally but also needed a bit of maintenance from time to time to keep me interested in the garage.
The Darmah came up and seemed perfect. And so it has been.
Over time it happens that I know more about Ducs than any other bike (note that I didn't say that I know a lot about them) so I felt more confident in choosing another when it came to a new purchase.
For me they have the ideal blend of performance, history, interest from others, maintenance requirements from the owner, looks, sound and, lets be honest, pose value.
Let's face it, most bikes are toys so they are seldom bought for their functional value only.
Mind you, I still can't learn to love the Multistrada. :no:

Well, that was boring....let's all talk about ME!!!

All the above could apply to a Harley too! :banana: :Pokey: :laugh:

Funkyfly
7th March 2005, 16:54
All bikes are o.k. with me (can't say the same about some of their owners) but it just so happened I wanted a H-D.

To me slagging off another brand of bike makes as much sense as slagging of in a Holden vs Ford opinion.

Pretty much all bikes are cool in some way, but some people can be a bit one eyed when it comes to certain brands, and i find it a bit antaganistic myself.

The whole elitest thing gets up my nose. Whether its sportbike riders, HD boys, BMW pilots, there always seems to be someone rattling on about how their particular brand is better.

A bit of ribbing is all good though.

Teflon
7th March 2005, 20:37
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8116&stc=1

Teflon
7th March 2005, 20:42
When I bought my first H-D I had hardly even seen one close up let alone ridden one, I just decided to buy one (probably watched too many re-runs of Easy Rider as a child).

I sure as hell had Brand Identity but no Brand Loyalty.

If you be nice, i will send you a copy.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8118&stc=1

WINJA
7th March 2005, 20:54
I fucken hate Hondas.

In fact I've changed my mind. Hondas aren't that bad but BMWs do nothing for me. They're all "clinical" and just plain boring.

I HATE HONDAS TOO AND I HATE BLUE WING THEY SUCK AND DONT HONOUR THEIR WARRANTYS AS WELL AS THEY SHOULD. LONG STORY SHORT NEW HONDA FIREBLADE PAID CASH NO BIKE FOR SUMMER AS IT WAS IN THE SHOP FOR MOST OF THAT TIME. AND THEY STILL DIDNT FIX IT . SO I TRADED IT AND LET ANOTHER DEALERSHIP DEAL WITH IT. AND HONDAS BUILD QUALITY IS A MYTH.

WINJA
7th March 2005, 21:11
Hey good to see you back WINJA. :niceone:

How was solitary confinment?? :apint:

Missed your posts dude
I THINK A LOT OF PEOPLE MISSED MY POSTS , I WAS BANNED B4 I EVEN BECAME A DISREPUTABLE MEMBER.
BEING IN THE SIN BIN GAVE ME MORE TIME TO SPEND WITH SPUDS MUM, SO IT WASNT ALL BAD

Jackrat
7th March 2005, 21:17
Found this by Googling the Interweb:
"The traditional telescopic fork came from a 1935 BMW design that included hydraulics. After BMW, Norton developed a similar system in 1939, Matchless in 1940 and Ariel in 1941."
And:
"Phillip Vincent built his first production motorcycle in 1929, under the HRD banner. ... but Vincent's first motorcycle, and every one thereafter, used an innovative rear-suspension system, similar to a monoshock (in 1955, he introduced a true monoshock on the fully faired series-D machines). "
And:
"Honda adopted a front wheel disk brake for mass-produced motorcycles for the first time in the world in 1969 and realized high braking performance required by the trend for larger size and higher speed motorcycles."
:Pokey:

Bloody spoil sport,I was having fun treating this thread with the respect it deserved.
Now I'll have to get all serious.
Nah bugger that I'd have to get the spelling right.
And anyway I thought somebody was suppoused to be picking on Suzuki.
Always comes back to HD,bloody Kiwi's an their tall poppy disease.
Ya' reckon they'd pick on HD if it wasn't the most popular motorcycle in the world??
Guess we'll never know huh. :msn-wink:

Teflon
7th March 2005, 21:26
I HATE HONDAS TOO AND I HATE BLUE WING THEY SUCK AND DONT HONOUR THEIR WARRANTYS AS WELL AS THEY SHOULD. LONG STORY SHORT NEW HONDA FIREBLADE PAID CASH NO BIKE FOR SUMMER AS IT WAS IN THE SHOP FOR MOST OF THAT TIME. AND THEY STILL DIDNT FIX IT . SO I TRADED IT AND LET ANOTHER DEALERSHIP DEAL WITH IT. AND HONDAS BUILD QUALITY IS A MYTH.

Problem with Honda's, they lack 'rawness', Blackbirds and VTR's spring to mind, just to nice.

Biff
8th March 2005, 10:22
Problem with Honda's, they lack 'rawness', Blackbirds and VTR's spring to mind, just to nice.

You're presuming that everyone out there wants arse aching, wrist breaking missiles. My Bird accelerates faster than an R1, has a top speed of a little under 300K's, 160+ bhp at the crank (depending on where you get your figures), yet it's smooth and perfect for touring, fast riding and for carrying pillions. Just what I wanted.

If I'd wanted to ride something raw I would have bought a carrot. :2thumbsup

I know what you mean though. I think that Honda takes the approach that they would prefer to offer a higher degree of real world comfort (to varying degrees), build quality and reliability as opposed to stock, crazy fast performance for their road bikes. But don't be misled by the fact that at first they may appear somewhat sedate compared to the likes of their competitors. Honda only ask that you pay them a few more $$$'s before they sell you the add on's that enable the bike to perform like world class track bikes.

In fact, there appears to be a growing backlash against bike manufacturers in Europe. 2004-5 sales figures strongly indicates that people appear to be getting fed up with the lack of comfort offered by race replica sports bikes, and that they're switching to naked bikes, sports tourers and cruisers in their droves. I think this may well herald the beginning of a shift by bike manufacturers from uncomfortable sports bikes, which they have to make in order to qualify for the likes of WSB and Moto GP, to comfortable and economical models. :spudwhat:

Sniper
8th March 2005, 10:34
BB, watch out, dont let Aaron read that, he will want to race??

Biff
8th March 2005, 10:44
BB, watch out, dont let Aaron read that, he will want to race??

Aaron can handle a bike better than me, plus he's a nutter and I carry a bit more weight than him. So I'd win every time as I'm better looking. Saying that his ego is just a bit bigger than mine. So let's call it a draw.

Sniper
8th March 2005, 11:15
Ok, so a draw it is. Lucky my great looks dont need to be competed with LOL

**R1**
9th March 2005, 11:57
Aaron can handle a bike better than me, plus he's a nutter and I carry a bit more weight than him. So I'd win every time as I'm better looking. Saying that his ego is just a bit bigger than mine. So let's call it a draw.This is an outrage:angry2: My ego is WAY bigger than u'rs................whats and ego??:confused:

RACE??????

DogBreath
27th September 2005, 23:54
Wooohooooo - "heaven, I'm in heaven, lad di da di da di da di da di daaaaa"

:niceone: Not a particularly good shot of the bike, but what an array of beauftiful ladies!! :niceone:

Wot bike?
Didn't see no bike.

Sniper
28th September 2005, 07:40
Wot bike?
Didn't see no bike.

Why in Gods good name did you resurrect a 6 month old thread with a STUPID comment like that? :eek5:

juzzer
28th September 2005, 17:37
I fucken hate Hondas.

That mean you'd turn down a fang on the SP?

ManDownUnder
28th September 2005, 17:42
If I'd wanted to ride something raw I would have bought a carrot. :2thumbsup

I've heard some of those carrots give a lovely ride...:buggerd:

inlinefour
28th September 2005, 17:54
That mean you'd turn down a fang on the SP?

I think they are too much for for him juzzer... :devil2:

Big Dave
28th September 2005, 19:45
Why in Gods good name did you resurrect a 6 month old thread with a STUPID comment like that? :eek5:

So you're the thread nazi?
People do come up with new things to say on old topics dontchaknow.

juzzer
28th September 2005, 20:17
I think they are too much for for him juzzer... :devil2:

lol - could be...his new ride is fairly wee...but in saying that sounds pretty hairy :spudbooge

Vilicus
29th September 2005, 17:06
i am still new to motorcycling, but i have lots of experience on honda cars.
If you guys dont mind, i'd like to express some of my opinions.

I HATE ALL HONDA FOUR WHEELS, they are shit!
i've used 1994 2.0 V4 accord
1998 Vtec 1.8 accord :argh:
2003 Sir T 2.3 V-tec accord
1998 Type R integra
1998 Integra ZX 1.8
1994 integra ZX
CRX 1990
CRV 2000

And i just hate everthing about them, bad suspension, weak bumper, loud but gutless engine (except for accord vtec SiR), and i even hated that big "H" sign of honda cars. i swear to mighty Zeus that i shall never use a honda again in my life, except some gives me one. ( and i'll sell it)

Not to offend anyone, just my personal thoughts and experience, i guessed majority of people enjoyed driving hondas, only stupid wankers like me would say such a thing.

Cogito ergo doleo