PDA

View Full Version : Loan me a cruiser today? (Sun 15th March)

Devil
15th March 2009, 09:54
Anyone want to loan me a cruiser today? Pref large capacity (ie, 800cc and above). I'm just in that mood.

My riding credentials:
* Approx 120,000km experience,
* Am over 25.
* Ridden many many bikes from Scooter size, up to Rocket III size. Few harleys in there too.

Would be two up (so must have pillion seat). Can exchange with my KTM 690 Supermoto (however, rider must be at least 25 and fully licenced).

Based on a you break you fix basis (both ways). My bike is insured.

Favourites include Triumph America, Rocket III. But will consider anything.

Based on the shore.

Just want to fart around.

021 414 194 if that's easier.
Anyone about?

Devil
15th March 2009, 09:59
Also enjoy late model Guzzi's. Particularly the Griso...

Headbanger
15th March 2009, 10:56
.............If this works then I want someone's Hayabusa............

Headbanger
15th March 2009, 11:08
I'm also open to the idea of a Ducati....Must be red.

The Pastor
15th March 2009, 11:09
if this works then i want someones missus. must be under 25

madbikeboy
15th March 2009, 12:36
if this works then i want someones missus. must be under 25

Be careful what you wish for, alot of married guys would be willing to give away their wives, let alone swap one for a bike...

jrandom
15th March 2009, 12:45
alot of married guys would be willing to give away their wives...

If only it were possible to do so.

Y'know, divorce is a bit like picking your nose.

You try not to do it in public, and sometimes, what you were trying to get rid of remains stuck to your finger no matter how hard you shake and flick.

mdnzz
15th March 2009, 13:56
If only it were possible to do so.

Y'know, divorce is a bit like picking your nose.

You try not to do it in public, and sometimes, what you were trying to get rid of remains stuck to your finger no matter how hard you shake and flick.

you know its easier and less painful if you just find somebody you don't like and buy them a house than to get married

Headbanger
15th March 2009, 14:00
you know its easier and less painful if you just find somebody you don't like and buy them a house than to get married

Sounds like a good plan,where does the sex come into it?

dpex
15th March 2009, 18:17
Anyone want to loan me a cruiser today? Pref large capacity (ie, 800cc and above). I'm just in that mood.

My riding credentials:
* Approx 120,000km experience,
* Am over 25.
* Ridden many many bikes from Scooter size, up to Rocket III size. Few harleys in there too.

Would be two up (so must have pillion seat). Can exchange with my KTM 690 Supermoto (however, rider must be at least 25 and fully licenced).

Based on a you break you fix basis (both ways). My bike is insured.

Favourites include Triumph America, Rocket III. But will consider anything.

Based on the shore.

Just want to fart around.

021 414 194 if that's easier.
Anyone about?

Okay. Team Zimmerframe is a cruiser. Cruises at anything below RL in Top at 120 to 220. Lovely, stable bike. Comfortable seats. Lovely throaty pitch from the Scorpion. Brand new tyres (Mitch-Sport-tecs).

You can use TZ for a weekend...In fact the weekend I'm going hunting and so shan't need the bike.....probably the one after next.

Not insured. I never insure my vehicles on account of I don't crash. But you could get short-term, third party....just get a cover-note.

You see, my attitude is: 'Things', of any sort Bikes, microwaves, pens, condoms...) only achieve their purpose when being used for the purpose they were built. And so, leaving Team Zimmerframe in the shed, while I go hunting means, the bike is not fulflling its purpose. It may as well if someone, like you, would like to make it so.

Hell's teeth. At the end of the day it's just a bike, but a joy to ride.

BTW: Team Zimmer is a YZF 600, with slightly bent crash bungs (track, not road).
If keen, PM me.

Devil
16th March 2009, 07:11
Thanks people. Itch was satisfactorily scratched, and then some!
Review to come soon!

CookMySock
16th March 2009, 09:13
Be careful what you wish for, alot of married guys would be willing to give away their wives, let alone swap one for a bike...Yeah mostly we just trade for a day or so.. but there have been a few weekends away! Mmmmm.

Steve

sinfull
16th March 2009, 09:21
I don't crash.
with slightly bent crash bungs .
Bwahahahahahaha

chester
16th March 2009, 09:33
why not go to a bike shop and take one for a test ride? you can choose what ever you what then..

CookMySock
16th March 2009, 10:04
why not go to a bike shop and take one for a test ride? you can choose what ever you what then..They all know him. LOL!

Steve

Devil
16th March 2009, 10:16
They all know him. LOL!

Steve

I was going to say something along those lines :P

Tone165
16th March 2009, 11:32
Looking forward to your reveiw.

I have a "spare" bike here on the Gold Coast, that I will loan to ppl. It's not a cruiser..I don't like cruisers!

A while back when I knew I was coming to NZ for a week, I asked (thru Ulysses Club) if anyone would loan me a bike.

I was dissapointed with the total lack of offers!

I ended up buying a bike in NZ and have since been back 3 more times to ride it.

I agree with the previous poster who said that "things" are to be enjoyed...and there is more than one way to enjoy things.

I love riding my bikes, I love meeting new interesting ppl, and I enjoy the warm and fuzzy feeling of doing for others.

I do have insurance, and expect that anyone who borrows my stuff, would take responsibility for it...if it needs an insurance claim...the excess is on you...I will wear the increased premium!

dpex
16th March 2009, 20:34
Bwahahahahahaha

What's wrong with you?! They'e only slightly bent....well, a bit bent. But they're still there, ready for service.

You wait till you come off one of your super-mobiles. The insurance company will write it off cos they ain't a Yami's, built to deal with real life.

How many times have I put her down, Hairy Sir! Ten. Your stuff would stand a one down, much less ten.

After '95 they closed the book of 'stayers' and started building throw-aways.

Mark my words. Old Team Zimmerframe can withstand a whole lot more of my excesses.

sinfull
16th March 2009, 20:49
You wait till you come off one of your super-mobiles. The insurance company will write it off cos they ain't a Yami's, built to deal with real life.

How many times have I put her down, Hairy Sir! Ten. Your stuff would stand a one down, much less ten.

After '95 they closed the book of 'stayers' and started building throw-aways.

Have no intention of putting her down !
Have no insurance on the track and dont ride the road sooooo have no intention of putting her down lol
Yeah insurance companies do write bikes off after a spill, but its because of the cost of replacement parts and it is a bit of a joke !
Thats how i bought mine, as a write off ! Then i flew to auckland and rode it home !
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=71471