PDA

View Full Version : Kaitoke 22nd March update

nudemetalz
16th March 2009, 13:10
Greetings,

Update:- for those attending-
Everything I pointed out in scrutineering that affects your bike can you please attend to for this weekend's meeting.
I will also be enforcing the Kart rules also (ie visor down, helmet on while starting etc) to keep it consistent.

Reminder of times & cost:-

Track & gate open 7:30am.
Scrutineering 8:30am.
Rider Briefing 9:30am.
Practice after briefing.
Entry $40.
Spectators free.

We will be running an A & B class like last Sunday.
Direction will be normal way (ie clockwise)

Don't panic, the races won't be immediately run back to back like an endurance event but with a small break in between each.

Promises to be a great day if yesterday's meeting is anything to go by.

Also, one other thing -
The Kart club has kindly provided the opening and running of the shop and also the bar so BRING MONEY INSTEAD OF LUNCH !!!

Cheers
Nudey.

b1kerb0b
16th March 2009, 15:13
One thing that's not mentioned: There is a no motor rule pre 9am... It's a conservation issue I think.

The "track is open at 7:30am" is misleading... we can't start the bikes till 9am.

b1kerb0b
16th March 2009, 15:15
Direction will be normal way (ie clockwise)

Pity. I like it anti-clockwise.
Then again I suppose it means my boots and the nylon wears evenly.

:)

nudemetalz
16th March 2009, 16:00
One thing that's not mentioned: There is a no motor rule pre 9am... It's a conservation issue I think.

The "track is open at 7:30am" is misleading... we can't start the bikes till 9am.

True but "scrutineering is at 8.30am".....and you're not going to put your bike on the track before it's scrutineered or else you get a :buggerd: from me !!!

Okay, I'll make a point of it.
No starting the buckets until they have been scrutineered and no going on the track until after riders briefing.

Clockwise is actually more fun. The s-bends are downhill so you get a lot of speed out of the corner and the right hander on the straight is taken flat out. Lots of fun. Mine (and a lot of others) preferred direction.

Trudes
16th March 2009, 17:50
Shit, clockwise means down hill corners.... best I get some brakes (amongst other things) for next Sunday eh, ooops, I wasn't meant to tell I didn't have brakes..:whistle:

Kendog
16th March 2009, 19:19
It's going to be a good one.
Was great yesterday seeing so many buckets there :2thumbsup

F5 Dave
17th March 2009, 10:23
Waaaaaa. Waaaaaa.:weep:

nudemetalz
17th March 2009, 10:31
You still got one good arm.
We need some flaggies ... :chase:

Korea
17th March 2009, 18:33
Pity. I like it anti-clockwise.
Then again I suppose it means my boots and the nylon wears evenly.
:)
Clockwise sounds fun - and fast! Those downhill corners are sure to get hairy. :ride:
Will there be practice sessions?

nudemetalz
17th March 2009, 19:05
Clockwise sounds fun - and fast! Those downhill corners are sure to get hairy. :ride:
Will there be practice sessions?

Don't panic !!
There will be a good sized practice session as there are some riders who have not raced in that direction before.

It's actually more fun clockwise than anti-clockwise IMO :Punk:

all4A50s
17th March 2009, 22:11
Which pair of bum pants are going to be used? Or is there now going to be one for each class?

b1kerb0b
17th March 2009, 22:24
Don't panic !!
There will be a good sized practice session as there are some riders who have not raced in that direction before.

Hmmmm, dunno about you but I prefer racing going forwards, not sideways or backwards :)

nudemetalz
18th March 2009, 07:17
Hmmmm, dunno about you but I prefer racing going forwards, not sideways or backwards :)

edit:.....who have not raced "clockwise direction at Kaitoke Kart Raceway" before....... :ar15:

fi5hy
19th March 2009, 09:32
Good luck to all for the weekend and get as many points on me as you can ! I enjoy a good scrap. I too will be enjoying my 3000 km trip around the south island. (Mental note COPS, U TURNS, BULLER GORGE) See you all at Easter.:chase:

nudemetalz
21st March 2009, 14:55
Lady P is a no go :(
When I went down last Sunday, something wacked the carb and now it's snapped in half at the intake. Chinese-engineering at it's best.
Fortunately they're cheap so I'll have another one ready for Easter.
Plus my back isn't 100% yet so it's probably good anyway that I'm not riding.

HOWEVER, I shall be there tomorrow organising stuff.

b1kerb0b
21st March 2009, 23:23
Bummer you're not going to be on the starting grid Nudey. We got mine back together late tonight, new rings, cleaned up barrel & head, put the old broken cush drive in welded "on", etc etc.

No time like track time to run it in eh?

Trudes
22nd March 2009, 05:36
Looking shitty out there folks, hope you've all changed your slicks out!

Kendog
22nd March 2009, 06:23
Good luck and good racing folks.

Trudes
22nd March 2009, 17:38
Well... I had a mixed bag of a day.
Rangi didn't want to be a good little bucket and after we exhausted all the ideas we could think of trackside and him dying just before the start line for the fourth time, he was parked up in the pits to look pretty out of the rain (I think he just didn't want to get wet!). He is pretty though (*mumble mumble bloody bucket mumble mumble shut up with the two stroke comments, I don't want a four! mumble mumble*).
Andrew kindly offered me a ride on his FXR that he has for sale, so after I'd thought about it for all of ummmm 4 seconds I took him up on his offer, figured I might as well get a ride on something today and see what all the fuss about these FXRs is.
hehehehehe I liked it *grrrrrr* I really did. So easy to ride, was like riding a smaller version of my Hornet around the track, very fun! So did the first points round on that.:wari:
Then Andrew said that there was someone else wanting a ride on it and would I mind taking the FXR he races out.... ok, had to think a little harder about that one, didn't want to crash his race bike, especailly as he is a contender for the big points in A grade... so after 6 seconds of thinking about it and Andrew assuring me that it wouldn't matter if I crashed it, but he knew I wouldn't anyway (I mean, I don't go fast enough to do any major damage ;) ) I was off for a practice race.
That thing is FUN!!! :spanking: I had a ball!! Did the second points race on it (Congrats on your win Skunk!) and only got lapped once (I think...), felt like I was going a bit faster and smoother and leaning off a bit more.
Anyway, had a great day. Thanks to Nudey for all his organising, Sketchy for being Mr Jonny on the spot all day, All the flaggys, especially Sue (you're a gem, thanks for all the encouragement too) and everyone who tried to fix Rangi or gave me tips to help. He will ride again.... just not sure when :(
And a huge thanks to Andrew for trusting me with your bikes, you rock!!!!:)

Bsym1
22nd March 2009, 20:21
Champion day out, cheers for organising things Nudey, Andrew cheers for the brake lever saved an early retirement for the day, and Korea, hopefully you keep running next time and I manage to get off the start line cleanly to make a fist of things. Four starts, four stalls, can you say muppet.

Korea
22nd March 2009, 20:52
Great fun playing slip'n'slide with everybody today. Had more than my fair share of 'moments' :shit: Bummed the clutch went, but glad I stayed upright as long as I did. :niceone:

Thanks go especially to:
- team Scooterazzi for the spot prizes
- Andrew (Skunk) for hauling #74 up there
- Nick (Crazylittle) for hauling it back down
- and Chris (Nudez) for running the show.
- thanks to Hani for the photos :niceone:

Here's just a few pics (not many - camera went home early)...

Korea
22nd March 2009, 20:54
Few more... very wet

Korea
22nd March 2009, 20:56
But wait, there's more...

Korea
22nd March 2009, 20:58
Last ones ~ hope you enjoyed 'em :done:

saxet
22nd March 2009, 21:13
Good pics Korea, makes the lousy climate look better.

nudemetalz
22nd March 2009, 21:47
Awesome pix, Chop. Good to see one the organiser...... :whistle:

Thanks everyone for turning up and making a great day of it, inspite of the weather being not so great. However, certainly made the races interesting, for instance, one B-grade race had 11 starters and 5 finishers and one A-Grade race had 6 starters and 3 finishers !!! :eek:

Special thanks goes to Mark and Jono from Scooterazzi for sponsoring the spot prizes :niceone:

Roll on Easter, and remember,...get your entries in !!!!!!!!

Bsym1
23rd March 2009, 16:13
Champion pics Korea, make it almost look like there was a dry line out there, especially the one of Tex.

Korea
23rd March 2009, 17:40
Champion pics Korea, make it almost look like there was a dry line out there, especially the one of Tex.

Yeah, and I always knew when it was time to race because the rain would start again... :crybaby:

b1kerb0b
23rd March 2009, 17:43
Yeah, and I always knew when it was time to race because the rain would start again... :crybaby:

LOL, I think the only "dry" race I got was the one i tagged onto the back of A grade because i missed out of the B due to water in the carb!