PDA

View Full Version : Freshly stolen bike. 97 Ducati 748. Red. 23 TPL.

hospitalfood
16th March 2009, 16:27
Hi all.
My friend has had his bike stolen from a locked building basement in downtown Auckland.
My friends life is bad enough without this as he has bad kidney issues and spends a lot of time in hospital.
I doubt that it was insured as he is not flush, due to the fact he is to unwell to work.

so:-

1997 Ducati 748.
Reg 23TPL.
Red.
29,000 kms
2 key scratches on left hand side of tank.
a little rough but not to bad.
think the stand has been welded.

if you see it or think you see it please contact the police and then me.

lets get it back.

thanks

adam.

Zoolander
16th March 2009, 17:05
Gutted, hope he gets it back.

tigertim20
16th March 2009, 17:17
oh hell that sucks mate. WAY too many bikes being stolen lately. Hope your mate gets his pride and joy back in one peice

hospitalfood
16th March 2009, 17:55
thanks guys

GOONR
16th March 2009, 18:26
that's total crap mate, I work in the CBD and live out on the shore, I would doubt it's still that close but will still keep an eye out for ya.

Hope it comes back!

Headbanger
16th March 2009, 18:31
Damn, I just seethe when I read shit like this, Bike thieves should be shot.

And guaranteed the scum who stole it is a habitual criminal shit bag.

Bring in the 3 strike rule I say.

hospitalfood
16th March 2009, 18:47
I hate to think what I might do if I caught somebody trying to steal one of my bikes.
They did not come easy

zzzbang
16th March 2009, 18:51
Damn, I just seethe when I read shit like this, Bike thieves should be shot.

And guaranteed the scum who stole who is a habitual criminal shit bag.

Bring in the 3 strike rule I say.

either shoot em or take all them thieves and put them on an island somewhere... <_<

dipshit
16th March 2009, 19:48
either shoot em or take all them thieves and put them on an island somewhere... <_<

No no. We shouldn't be too hard on the poor criminals... it may be just a phase they are going through and may grow out of it in time.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1486247#post1486247

Apparently.

hospitalfood
16th March 2009, 20:28
bump............

Gubb
16th March 2009, 20:36
Arse-biscuits.

i'm out that way most days, i'll certainly keep an eye out. Don't see many 748's on a day to day basis.

mikeey01
16th March 2009, 20:53
Dam, dam and what a great machine it is too.

hospitalfood
17th March 2009, 07:27
bump..........

coffeejunkie
17th March 2009, 08:58
What a bitch having it stolen from a lock up of all places,
They normally try to move them outta town so will keep my eyes peeled down this way and put out the word for ya's

imdying
17th March 2009, 09:09
Bring in the 3 strike rule I say.I love that idea... they steal my bike and they get caught, I get three strikes against them with the weapon of my choice.

I'm thinking 36" stilson to the head :bash:

hospitalfood
17th March 2009, 16:21
sorry to keep bumping this thread, just want to make sure as many as possible see it

GOONR
17th March 2009, 18:01
sorry to keep bumping this thread, just want to make sure as many as possible see it

Don't apologise dude, I would bump it up too.

Bump.:msn-wink:

SPman
17th March 2009, 18:19
I love that idea... they steal my bike and they get caught, I get three strikes against them with the weapon of my choice.

I'm thinking 36" stilson to the head :bash:
Now, that's the sort of three strike law, I'd have no trouble with........:spanking:

Gizzit
18th March 2009, 04:35
I'll keep an eye out for it up here Adam.

Some pricks have just got no morals !!! :mad: :bash: :angry2:

hospitalfood
18th March 2009, 08:43
thanks Gizzit

hospitalfood
18th March 2009, 17:46
bump.............

HungusMaximist
18th March 2009, 19:44
This is a long shot, however I cycle most days into the city and saw a older style red duc parked up today around my cycle route from downtown to Newmarket. Knowing me, I have no idea about ducatis.

Of course I read saw this thread yesterday but it didn't strike me to have a snope at the bike. Probably just another duc but you never know.

Good idea if you could get the owner put up some pics aye!

hospitalfood
19th March 2009, 09:50
This is a long shot, however I cycle most days into the city and saw a older style red duc parked up today around my cycle route from downtown to Newmarket. Knowing me, I have no idea about ducatis.

Of course I read saw this thread yesterday but it didn't strike me to have a snope at the bike. Probably just another duc but you never know.

Good idea if you could get the owner put up some pics aye!

will find out if he has any. thanks

Conquiztador
22nd March 2009, 16:09
Shoot on sight! You work your azz off to get the bike of your dream and a lolife azzwipe steals it.

Hope it turns up!!

Insanity_rules
22nd March 2009, 18:40
Oh that really sucks. A 748 is a real enthusiast toy so to lose it must hurt big time. I think thieves should be hung by the ankles and pelted with hot coals until well done, then have red hot teaspoons inserted behind their eyes for a short while all the time being made to listen to loud Celine Dion.

Pass on my condolences from one duc owner to another.