PDA

View Full Version : I need HELP re a bike I want to buy

Jess
4th March 2005, 16:24
an "Eliminator" EL 250SE 1993 for a first bike, cost: $2500, comes with tank harness & bag, throwovers, rack & top box. Has a new WoF and Reg, lady owner for the last 7 years, Special Janapese model. Red line at 14k, quicker than the standard model. Jet black with bikini fairing and belly pan as standard.

Should I or shouldnt I?
I need to decide ASAP, (and then find finance...:confused:)

PPLEASE HELP!! I can't decide on my own.

Waylander
4th March 2005, 16:30
an "Eliminator" EL 250SE 1993 for a first bike, cost: $2500, comes with tank harness & bag, throwovers, rack & top box. Has a new WoF and Reg, lady owner for the last 7 years, Special Janapese model. Red line at 14k, quicker than the standard model. Jet black with bikini fairing and belly pan as standard.

Should I or shouldnt I?
I need to decide ASAP, (and then find finance...:confused:)

PPLEASE HELP!! I can't decide on my own.
Sounds a good deal but best check it out first make sure it's lagit.

Madguitarist!
4th March 2005, 16:32
Price seems ok, not too familiar with that cc tho' had friends with the 400 and it was pretty damn cool! :yeah:

If it's 1 CAREFUL lady owner and she's been well serviced, I think its worth the money if that's the ride you've been thinking off!! :niceone:

Coyote
4th March 2005, 17:00
Go for it :niceone:

Why? I don't know, just go for it :p

Jess
4th March 2005, 17:19
all gone....thanks guys...will be asking again when I find another alright one, please keep eyes peeled to inspect my next potential bike!!

Thankyou....:weep:

Coyote
4th March 2005, 17:21
Look out for a nice CBR250RR, or a ZXR250 :yeah:

Whats your budget for this next bike?

Jess
4th March 2005, 17:31
my other half (Antallica) and Rider In Black have been desperately shooing me away from anything remotely ending in RR. I must keep it under the $3000 mark, my pocket isnt that big.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated; I like sport bikes and cruisers. Pretty is more of a factor than balls/performance rating - it can go like snot but look like a dog and i wont want to buy it. however some balls is important - if it could lightly kick a Bandit250s arse I would be most pleased. :shake:

Less is more on the fairings front, less for me to break when i inevitably drop it.

Coyote
4th March 2005, 17:36
Less is more on the fairings front, less for me to break when i inevitably drop it.
I took the fairings off mine :p

Streetfighter wannabe

hondacmx450
9th May 2005, 16:06
honda steed 400 thay r hard to find but r very good and nice on the eye
or a honda cmx 450 thay r good bikes also if you can find one of then there was one in whagaray a whille ago in the bike shop the cmx250s r a good learner bike but a bit under powerd

Fart
9th May 2005, 16:26
If you are a beginner, start off with something that is easy to handle. Wouldnt recommend a RR if you have not been riding long. Try a 125cc first or something of that nature. Good luck. :niceone:

SPman
9th May 2005, 16:45
I also need help with a bike I want to buy..

Red folding ones in an umarked envelope to....

MSTRS
9th May 2005, 17:28
I also need help with a bike I want to buy..

Red folding ones in an umarked envelope to....
Here's one to be going on with....

RiderInBlack
9th May 2005, 17:41
If you are a beginner, start off with something that is easy to handle. Wouldnt recommend a RR if you have not been riding long. Try a 125cc first or something of that nature. Good luck. :niceone:Which is exactly why I have been trying to keep Jess away from the likes of RGV's, CBR'RR's, etc. By the way she should be pushing Ant in to getting he's full licience and getting a 400. Ant's bandit would be a good bike for her to start on and within their budget:Pokey: Ant has come a long way with his riding but has not bothered to up-rate his licience:whistle:Could go on, but I've told Ant & Jess before. At the end of the day it's not my problem:msn-wink:

Sutage
9th May 2005, 18:11
Remember to have enough cash for gear, helmet gloves and jacket at the very least !

BNZ
9th May 2005, 18:15
Pffft, sounds like a dog :whistle:

BUY MINE :yes:

Ghost Lemur
9th May 2005, 18:57
Which is exactly why I have been trying to keep Jess away from the likes of RGV's, CBR'RR's, etc. By the way she should be pushing Ant in to getting he's full licience and getting a 400. Ant's bandit would be a good bike for her to start on and within their budget:Pokey: Ant has come a long way with his riding but has not bothered to up-rate his licience:whistle:Could go on, but I've told Ant & Jess before. At the end of the day it's not my problem:msn-wink:

WTF :eek5:

His WIFE is telling him to get his full licence so he can buy a NEW bigger bike with her blessing and it's taken him more than 24 hours to do.

Drag his sorry arse to some KB rides so is can see just how lacking that bandit is and how much he'd love a ZXR400/etc.

Coyote
9th May 2005, 19:04
CBR'RR's
I wouldn't worry about them, they're fairly tame, and only go 180kph

RiderInBlack
9th May 2005, 20:11
WTF :eek5:

His WIFE is telling him to get his full licence so he can buy a NEW bigger bike with her blessing and it's taken him more than 24 hours to do.

Drag his sorry arse to some KB rides so is can see just how lacking that bandit is and how much he'd love a ZXR400/etc.

No she is not

By the way she should be pushing Ant in to getting he's full licience and getting a 400. Ant's bandit would be a good bike for her to start on and within their budget:Pokey:

And by the way CBR250RR's can reach 200KPM. Not what I would call "Tame":wait:

250learna
19th May 2005, 01:19
Suzuki goose would be a nice bike for ya... to bad its a 350, but noone has to know :whistle:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/images/sets/KB_Goose_Dsc00689.jpg

myvice
9th June 2005, 21:43
my other half (Antallica) and Rider In Black have been desperately shooing me away from anything remotely ending in RR. I must keep it under the $3000 mark, my pocket isnt that big.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated; I like sport bikes and cruisers. Pretty is more of a factor than balls/performance rating - it can go like snot but look like a dog and i wont want to buy it. however some balls is important - if it could lightly kick a Bandit250s arse I would be most pleased. :shake:

I use a little Bandit for work (and play when saving for a bigger toy... like I am now) and it hasnt let me down yet, be a good first ride and the honda hornet is another "quick" easy to ride bike with no brakeable plastic. Dont get anything too small as you will get board with it.

monkey99
23rd June 2005, 16:32
agree, I have always recommended the bandit250 to newbies (on enquiry)...so why not pool the resources buy new gear (good gear!) Jess and give some coin over to Ant to upgrade...go on, you know you want to ; )...