PDA

View Full Version : Ambo Officer required.

nudemetalz
19th March 2009, 08:01
Greetings,

If you are trauma-trained and/or an ambulance officer and would like to earn some money over Easter at a 2-day motorsport event in Wellington area, please PM me.

Toot Toot
19th March 2009, 08:24
You might have a bit of trouble getting an "actual" ambulance officer due to conflict of interest. But good luck anyway! What is the event?

nudemetalz
19th March 2009, 09:08
Probably more of someone who can deal with a crash effectively and make calls in condition.

White trash
19th March 2009, 14:32
Without wanting to cause offence, you're better to recruit trained emergency staff through the proper channels, such as Wellington Free or St Johns. Quite plainly put can you imagine the power of shit a Paramedic or Ambo would be in should they decide to moonlight "off the books" at your event and someone is seriously disabled or worse due to them not having the proper equipment or back-up onhand?

Sharpen up.

Road Guardian
19th March 2009, 15:07
Too much of a conflict of interest, and as white trash pointed out, it is not wise to have a AO without the proper gear for treatment and transport.

I suggest you try St John in Wellington, they do operate an event service in wellie. Although I your chances of getting a crew+ambo are a bit slim considering how close you are to easter, but give it a try regardless.

http://www.nems.stjohn.org.nz/nems/frontpage/eventbooking.aspx

<Rhino>
19th March 2009, 15:19
Theres nothing wrong with getting a paramedic to come and sit at your event if they so choose to in their own time to act as a first responder/aider.They are more than capable of providing advanced first aid care and organising a medevac through conventional channels should the need arise. In fact its good that the cooms centre will be able to deal with somone they may know and knows that the information passed on is accurate so that an appropriate response (ambulance) can be sent.

You will find that in Wellington, Wellington Free Ambulance will not in most cases provide cover for this sort of thing and St John will provide you with a first aider and ambulance for about a thousand bucks! Not very cost effective when all your trying to do is provide some peace of mind and support for a community event.

<Rhino>
19th March 2009, 15:24
Without wanting to cause offence, you're better to recruit trained emergency staff through the proper channels, such as Wellington Free or St Johns. Quite plainly put can you imagine the power of shit a Paramedic or Ambo would be in should they decide to moonlight "off the books" at your event and someone is seriously disabled or worse due to them not having the proper equipment or back-up onhand?

Sharpen up.

I think the idea of having somone trained as a paramedic there is to avoid somone who dosnt know what they are doing from causing further harm! its neither hear nor there if you dont have the gear right their as long as the patient is looked after appropriatley they will be fine until an ambulance arrives. Its no different to waiting for an ambulance at a road crash.

Bend-it
19th March 2009, 15:25
The all important question... what event is this??

bungbung
19th March 2009, 15:35
The all important question... what event is this??

Bucket Extravaganza

Trudes
19th March 2009, 18:01
Well as usual our idea of trying to save a potential disaster that could be dealt with effectively has been poo pooed to the point where nobody will offer to come and give us a hand, so I guess we'll be relying on the limited skills and knowledge of those of us with first aid certificates. Cool.

<Rhino>
19th March 2009, 18:07
Well as usual our idea of trying to save a potential disaster that could be dealt with effectively has been poo pooed to the point where nobody will offer to come and give us a hand, so I guess we'll be relying on the limited skills and knowledge of those of us with first aid certificates. Cool.

Actualy - not true, I am comming. Ex paramedic - so I answer to no one! LOL. Am comming up to meet Chris on Sunday since I live just down the road. :niceone:

Trudes
19th March 2009, 18:10
Actualy - not true, I am comming. Ex paramedic - so I answer to know one! LOL. Am comming up to meet Chris on Sunday since I live just down the road. :niceone:

That's awesome!! Thanks so much for this! Hopefully you won't be needed, but it'll put all our minds at rest to know that someone who knows what they're doing will be there on the spot should anything go wrong. Cheers! :niceone:

Toot Toot
19th March 2009, 18:13
Theres nothing wrong with getting a paramedic to come and sit at your event if they so choose to in their own time to act as a first responder/aider.

The original poster indicated that it would be paid. That is a conflict of interest. Any paid medic knows this and as such cannot cover events, paid or otherwise without consent from their employer.
It isn't poo pooing your idea, just merely pointing out why you wont get any takers. You can try St John in your area.
As for a medic happening to be on the scene of an accident, that is vastly different from being at a pre arranged event.
I hope you find something suitable and have a good event where no ambulances are needed! :2thumbsup

Trudes
19th March 2009, 18:21
Same and thanks, I'm sure we will.

<Rhino>
19th March 2009, 18:24
That's awesome!! Thanks so much for this! Hopefully you won't be needed, but it'll put all our minds at rest to know that someone who knows what they're doing will be there on the spot should anything go wrong. Cheers! :niceone:

No worries Trudes - I look forward to seeing what its all about.

Trudes
19th March 2009, 18:35
No worries Trudes - I look forward to seeing what its all about.

I'm sure we can fire a bucket at you to take for a spin if you want to give it a go too!