PDA

View Full Version : new reglations brought in

scooterboynz
5th March 2005, 12:47
ok guys and girls , just read this on the ltsa web site ,, and was curious what everyone thought (this may have been discussed allready)

Land Transport Rule: Vehicle Equipment 2004 (the Vehicle Equipment Rule) which was signed in July 2004 and comes into effect on February 27 2005 , will prohibit exhaust systems being modified so that they are excessively noisy. The Road User Rule covers how vehicles are used, not what equipment they’re allowed to have.

now i have a micron end can on my bike ,,, stamped on it says "not for road use" now can i still get a warrent of fitness? and how do harley davidsons get on ,, they are the noisiest bikes out there!
cheers :)

MSTRS
5th March 2005, 14:04
ok guys and girls , just read this on the ltsa web site ,, and was curious what everyone thought (this may have been discussed allready)

Land Transport Rule: Vehicle Equipment 2004 (the Vehicle Equipment Rule) which was signed in July 2004 and comes into effect on February 27 2005 , will prohibit exhaust systems being modified so that they are excessively noisy. The Road User Rule covers how vehicles are used, not what equipment they’re allowed to have.

now i have a micron end can on my bike ,,, stamped on it says "not for road use" now can i still get a warrent of fitness? and how do harley davidsons get on ,, they are the noisiest bikes out there!
Key word here is 'modified'. Factory issue equipment should be legal

scumdog
5th March 2005, 14:13

A lot of H-Ds run two sets of pipes - one set for WOF and the noisy straight-through set for between WOFs.

SPORK
5th March 2005, 14:24
A lot of H-Ds run two sets of pipes - one set for WOF and the noisy straight-through set for between WOFs.
Hmm, why doesn't everyone do that? Fear of being pink-stickered?

Grumpy
5th March 2005, 14:25
Before you go and get your warrant ring around a few places and get their opinions. You'll know where to takeit to then.

I recently tidied up the arse end of the Z by removing the rear guard and making up a new number plate hanger etc..
Did some ringing around first to get different shops rulings on whether it was legal or not. The answers I got were quite varied.

Bearing in mind how many "illegal" bikes there must be on shop floors right now, I don't think that it'll be too hard to find a shop with a little common sense to do your warrant.

Blakamin
5th March 2005, 15:12
I don't think that it'll be too hard to find a shop with a little common sense to do your warrant.
I take mine to a place that do heaps of H-Ds so I can get away with some stuff....

FROSTY
5th March 2005, 16:42
Well guys n gals --The "law" and how its interpretted is different from place to place.
The LAW says basicly dude your not for highway use pipes aint legal.
With only 15 minutes to check a WOF most WOF places aint got time to check some small print on a end can.
One lil point though--Ive noticed that as a new or recently revamped WOF "issue" comes top light every WOF guy is hot on it for a couple of months till the Hooha dies down

Monsterbishi
5th March 2005, 17:42
Just grind off the "Not for road use" And get it polished up...

Coyote
5th March 2005, 17:54
So I guess debaffling your exhaust is not allowed?

John
5th March 2005, 18:02
remove header bolts, its not really the exhaust (lol)

DEATH_INC.
5th March 2005, 18:23
The guy at work that does it sez 'my hearings not that good now but it sounds ok to me...'
But he still fails really noisy car systems.....
Don't need two exhausts,just a removeable baffle :apint: