PDA

View Full Version : Auckland: Whangamomona Rally (24-26 April 2009)

trump-lady
19th March 2009, 22:50
THIs is coming up again!!!!!!! 2010 anzac weekend

whos coming

ILL BE LEAVING FRIDAY.....

Ok so real quick, Weekend of April 24th (FRI) till 27th theres a rally at Whangamomona on the forgotten highway 20 mins ride from the pub. Im looking at heading down either Friday or Sat returning Sun. Bout a 5 hour ride and Im seeking more details. Heard its a smallish but ex rally.

Interested anyone??

Up Date: So Ive been told its not wise to ride due to the roads after dark, so Ill be leaving either Friday or Sat to get there before darkness (dont mind what day) Been told theres sheds to sleep in but i hate snoring so will prob take a tent. Not sure of admission cost but I have heard nothing but good things about this rally. Sheep shearing comps and lots of other weird wonderful events.

Im wondering who else is heading down so I can ride with someone. Im meeting a crew from CHCH so looks like theres people from all over.

trump-lady
20th March 2009, 12:15
I dont wanna go by myself :(

Its at a pub and sounds fun fun fun..........

Forgotten Highway!!!!!!!!!!!

sinfull
20th March 2009, 12:23
I dont wanna go by myself :(

Its at a pub and sounds fun fun fun..........

Forgotten Highway!!!!!!!!!!!
The rally itself is about 10 km north of the pub (tahora) held by the Rural Riders on a farm just off the highway (signposted) brilliant venue and real good ppl !
All ya need is a tent and some coin, they lay on the sounds, bar facilities and food !

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/vbtube_show.php?do=tube&tubeid=19#watch

trump-lady
20th March 2009, 14:42
Awesome now Im def going.... Im meeting a crew coming from CHCH. Heard its great fun and a great ride....
Video looked great ;)

trump-lady
20th March 2009, 18:44
BUMP..... geeeez PLEASE

Nasty
20th March 2009, 19:35
Bummer I will not be far from there, but in a car :(

chanceyy
20th March 2009, 19:46
hmm may have been tempted by this one but the ole social calendar is looking pretty full

can say though go by yourself you will have a simply outstanding time .. I just got back from riders in the sun rally that was a smaller one but just brilliant time with really lovely friendly guys n gals :yes:

sinfull
20th March 2009, 20:04
can say though go by yourself you will have a simply outstanding time .. I just got back from riders in the sun rally that was a smaller one but just brilliant time with really lovely friendly guys n gals :yes:

+1 on that ! The Rural riders are predominantly older riders with a few youngins thrown in so ya wont be short of folk looking after ya, in the most gentlemanly ways, or if ya want tell em to piss off and rock with the revellers !

ynot slow
20th March 2009, 20:25
If I remember Kerry (owner)of the farm was doing up the facilities for backpacking last year,carpet replaced etc,was saying a great time to be partaken.Was working for firm which did the job,great guy.

chanceyy
20th March 2009, 20:36
+1 on that ! The Rural riders are predominantly older riders with a few youngins thrown in so ya wont be short of folk looking after ya, in the most gentlemanly ways, or if ya want tell em to piss off and rock with the revellers !

yeah the only ones she would need to watch out for is those older dreadlocked guys that love bourbon huh :nya:

actually you looked after me pretty well last yr at the duck ... going again this yr ??? :laugh::msn-wink:

sinfull
20th March 2009, 20:38
If I remember Kerry (owner)of the farm was doing up the facilities for backpacking last year,carpet replaced etc,was saying a great time to be partaken.Was working for firm which did the job,great guy.

Don't think the house will be up for stomping round in during the rally, but your right, Kerry is a good bloke who frequents a lot of rallys here and there !
The ride there is awesome (sort of thing ya mad to come out the same way ya went in !) The pub is only a few k away and always friendly faces there !

sinfull
20th March 2009, 20:45
yeah the only ones she would need to watch out for is those older dreadlocked guys that love bourbon huh :nya:

actually you looked after me pretty well last yr at the duck ... going again this yr ??? :laugh::msn-wink:
Yeah need to get my shit together for this one as well as the duck, tis Heidi's crew she grew up with ! Being that the folk music festivals were held at Kerrys place and with her parents being Folkies she sorta grew up there ! Can't be having her turn up on a learners bike 2 years in a row !

chanceyy
20th March 2009, 20:46
Yeah need to get my shit together for this one as well as the duck, tis Heidi's crew she grew up with ! Being that the folk music festivals were held at Kerrys place and with her parents being Folkies she sorta grew up there ! Can't be having her turn up on a learners bike 2 years in a row !

yeah its about time that shit was sorted :whistle: ...

hmmmm soooooooooooo new bike time then ?????

ynot slow
20th March 2009, 20:48
Don't think the house will be up for stomping round in during the rally, but your right, Kerry is a good bloke who frequents a lot of rallys here and there !
The ride there is awesome (sort of thing ya mad to come out the same way ya went in !) The pub is only a few k away and always friendly faces there !

The bloody pub,was there with a few one labour weekend,after Norton riders came and went,then off roaders did same the next day,then we arrived on Monday and after sitting outside the publican came out and said to us "Bloody bikers piss me off" then went onto say how many had riden through and he couldn't get out,I turned to him and said ah well think of the surcharge,to which he said that goes to the bloody wife and she won't let me tootle off for ride,ranting away.

trump-lady
21st March 2009, 10:57
Ive heard great things and will def be going, ....just want some peeps to ride down with. So its camping styles?

shafty
31st March 2009, 08:16
Bugger - just spotted this - and I did a search for a bike event to go to - I did the Matawai Loop instead (see ride report) - and the Forgotten World Highway is just down the road from me as well! :no:

Did you Guys go? Pics?

trump-lady
31st March 2009, 13:34
Bugger - just spotted this - and I did a search for a bike event to go to - I did the Matawai Loop instead (see ride report) - and the Forgotten World Highway is just down the road from me as well! :no:

Did you Guys go? Pics?

Shafty, dont worry you can still come its NEXT month hon. Ill know more next week about details

Rudra
1st April 2009, 11:17
I met a guy last weekend who thought the rally was in January, as part of the Whangamomona Republic Day celebrations. If he's wrong, I'd be keen to go.

sinfull
1st April 2009, 11:25
I met a guy last weekend who thought the rally was in January, as part of the Whangamomona Republic Day celebrations. If he's wrong, I'd be keen to go.
Was talk of them holding another one to coincide with republic day, couldn't tell ya if it went ahead but looks like the anzac weekend be a good one to attend again !

trump-lady
8th April 2009, 23:26
bump :argue:

trump-lady
13th April 2009, 12:52
Ok Ive been told that we need to get there either Fri or sat before dark because of the hazards of cows on road and goats jumping over heads and random thingys hanging out on the road. Apparently its very twisty and corners down to 15 20ks. The chch crew are staying in stratford Friday night because they dont want to ride in the dark to the rally. Id like to go straight through and get there before dark.

Also last gas stop is stratford and Ive been told coming in from the other way we will hit gravel so Im not trying to go that way. We need to gas and go in from stratford.

I have two riders thus far but no one knows yet if they wanna go Fri or Sat. Im going to aim for leaving Fri mornng.

I am completely directionally challanged and want to follow :)

madmal64
13th April 2009, 13:22
I will be there again. This is one I dont miss. It will be the 5th year I have gone. It looks like I will be getting up there on Saturday this thing though due to work stuff but you never know I may be able to skive off and get there for Friday Evening.
If you havent ridden the road before I agree its not the best to do it at night. If you a coming in from Stratford watch out for the 2 15k corners. They are tight!
Kerry, Gypsy & the rest of the Rural Riders are a bloody great bunch and its well worth the effort.

sinfull
13th April 2009, 13:56
Ok Ive been told that we need to get there either Fri or sat before dark because of the hazards of cows on road and goats jumping over heads and random thingys hanging out on the road. Apparently its very twisty and corners down to 15 20ks. The chch crew are staying in stratford Friday night because they dont want to ride in the dark to the rally. Id like to go straight through and get there before dark.

Also last gas stop is stratford and Ive been told coming in from the other way we will hit gravel so Im not trying to go that way. We need to gas and go in from stratford.

I have two riders thus far but no one knows yet if they wanna go Fri or Sat. Im going to aim for leaving Fri mornng.

I am completely directionally challanged and want to follow :)
It's a bit of a haul for you coming from auckland all the way to stratford and then back in to whangamomona ! The 14 km of gravel has been there forever and it's more like packed clay than loose gravel ! (have to be very unlucky to catch it just after its been graded with new gravel) Zoom out the google maps till ya see taumarunui and stratford and you'll see what i mean !
You'll lose a couple of hours travelling to stratford first !
The tunnel you see in the pic (i hope ! If it don't show up click on the list on the left marked A/ Hobbit hole) is a couple of Km from the ralley site so when ya hit the tunnel from tauramunui ya know its only a couple of km up the road ya turn right and follow the signs ! If ya coming in from stratford and hit the tunnel ya missed the turn off !
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Tahora+NZ+hobbit+hole&sll=-38.784063,174.806213&sspn=1.049082,1.757812&ie=UTF8&ll=-38.151837,174.814453&spn=2.012938,3.515625&z=8&iwloc=D

trump-lady
13th April 2009, 20:48
It's a bit of a haul for you coming from auckland all the way to stratford and then back in to whangamomona ! The 14 km of gravel has been there forever and it's more like packed clay than loose gravel ! (have to be very unlucky to catch it just after its been graded with new gravel) Zoom out the google maps till ya see taumarunui and stratford and you'll see what i mean !
You'll lose a couple of hours travelling to stratford first !
The tunnel you see in the pic (i hope ! If it don't show up click on the list on the left marked A/ Hobbit hole) is a couple of Km from the ralley site so when ya hit the tunnel from tauramunui ya know its only a couple of km up the road ya turn right and follow the signs ! If ya coming in from stratford and hit the tunnel ya missed the turn off !
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Tahora+NZ+hobbit+hole&sll=-38.784063,174.806213&sspn=1.049082,1.757812&ie=UTF8&ll=-38.151837,174.814453&spn=2.012938,3.515625&z=8&iwloc=D

ICKKKKY hmnmmm...I did this map which goes round the coast to Stratford. Which Ive never rode...Adds on bout hour 20.....

Im ok in gravel (had an off in it) but not downhill esp if its twisties.

If I end up going alone I might take the long route, figure leave auck early will give me heaps of time. If Im with a group Ill go the gravel route. Whats the deal with gas stations cause I heard theres not many going in. Where would the last one be going the gravel short way?

Also the long route...any one rode it. Is it worth the extra couple hours? Where does the gravel start so i can google earth it and have a right royal look lol

sinfull
13th April 2009, 21:02
The coast road down to New plymouth is worth doing if ya haven't !
Gassing up in tauramunui or stratford will get ya in there and out again no worries !
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&ie=UTF8&layer=x&g=tahora+NZ&ll=-38.944457,174.803467&spn=0.261681,0.439453&z=11
There's a couple of pics there as an example of the gravel road

trump-lady
13th April 2009, 21:06
The coast road down to New plymouth is worth doing if ya haven't !
Gassing up in tauramunui or stratford will get ya in there and out again no worries !
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&ie=UTF8&layer=x&g=tahora+NZ&ll=-38.944457,174.803467&spn=0.261681,0.439453&z=11
There's a couple of pics there as an example of the gravel road

Ok I think i can do that gravel :)
Think it will depend though. If I ride myself I will go the long way.

Thanks sinful so much

You rock. Those pictures sure look great. Might be a few stops to sightsee on the way!

sinfull
13th April 2009, 21:14
Ok I think i can do that gravel :)
Think it will depend though. If I ride myself I will go the long way.

Thanks sinful so much

You rock. Those pictures sure look great. Might be a few stops to sightsee on the way!
Don't flag the coast road altogether ! I love that bit of road ! Used to travel that way when doing Wellington Auckland return trips ! Well worth it, If you have time on one of the trips in or out !!!

sels1
14th April 2009, 20:02
I could be a starter for this, along with another certain Triumph owner...
Are there any details about on it?

insomnia01
14th April 2009, 20:16
gravel section looking good at the moment, very hard under foot & easily rideable at 50-60km just watch out for any rain or rough weather that may visit that region a few days out from you heading down :cold:.... I'll keep an eye on this thread trump - lady as I may be heading down to the naki that weekend also, could take you through from the Taumananui side :scooter::scooter: I just LOVE that road

shafty
14th April 2009, 20:37
I found this on a R.A.T site - can anyone confirm its an "open to all riders" type of rally? (Hate to see the Orient Express pushed on to the bonfire LOL)

Note: Entry Form attached is from 2008 Rally

Also pre registering? I'm keen - can only do the Friday night unfortunately, and it's SO handy to me......

shafty
14th April 2009, 20:43
Trump Lady, ( so long as all Ok to go, ie not a Club event etc) I'll be heading in from Taumarunui end - I live in Matiere. I'm still working on dragging GoGal along, work in progress! The Whanga road is, truely, a piece of cake, - I can't vouch for the turn off road, but might even go for a spin between now and then for a look - but normal caution overcomes most obstacles, ie, not fanging it on strange metal roads with 15km/hr signs, gently gently....

madmal64
14th April 2009, 20:52
Are there any details about on it?
Mate its a great low key laid back event. Be good to see you there. Old school style rally. Bring your guitar and join me & the lads on stage at sometime during the weekend!

I found this on a R.A.T site - can anyone confirm its an "open to all riders" type of rally? (Hate to see the Orient Express pushed on to the bonfire LOL)

Note: Entry Form attached is from 2008 Rally

Also pre registering? I'm keen - can only do the Friday night unfortunately, and it's SO handy to me......

Its all good they even let Aprilia's in! All & sundry show up.

shafty
14th April 2009, 21:04
Just spoke to Gypsy - his # is on last years entry form, a most hospitable chap too he is - the deal is, no need to fill out forms, just phone him, $40 per person covers 2 dinners and breakfast, no BYO, pies etc available also, bring cash/tent etc etc.

I specifically checked on the road in - 'easy peasy'....See ya's there (and GoGal has taken the plunge too!)

Shafty :wari:

sinfull
14th April 2009, 21:08
Trump Lady, ( so long as all Ok to go, ie not a Club event etc) I'll be heading in from Taumarunui end - I live in Matiere. I'm still working on dragging GoGal along, work in progress! The Whanga road is, truely, a piece of cake, - I can't vouch for the turn off road, but might even go for a spin between now and then for a look - but normal caution overcomes most obstacles, ie, not fanging it on strange metal roads with 15km/hr signs, gently gently....

Was a few bikes there of the oriental variety last year pete ! Lots of social clubs ie bears riders, but the event don't attract fold yr arms stare ya down sort of clubs !
See ya friday night hopefully !

shafty
14th April 2009, 21:10
Mate its a great low key laid back event. Be good to see you there. Old school style rally. Bring your guitar and join me & the lads on stage at sometime during the weekend!

Its all good they even let Aprilia's in! All & sundry show up.

Thanks MadMal, lets have a beer then, shall we? :wari:

shafty
14th April 2009, 21:13
Was a few bikes there of the oriental variety last year pete ! Lots of social clubs ie bears riders, but the event don't attract fold yr arms stare ya down sort of clubs !
See ya friday night hopefully !

Lookin forward to it Willy - your round ain't it? LOL

If ya need a room on the way thru, holler

sinfull
14th April 2009, 21:22
Lookin forward to it Willy - your round ain't it? LOL

If ya need a room on the way thru, holler
Be coming through on fri night after a trackday in taupo ! Prolly only do the friday night ! Hell we're turning up in a van for christs sake lol !

trump-lady
14th April 2009, 22:01
gravel section looking good at the moment, very hard under foot & easily rideable at 50-60km just watch out for any rain or rough weather that may visit that region a few days out from you heading down :cold:.... I'll keep an eye on this thread trump - lady as I may be heading down to the naki that weekend also, could take you through from the Taumananui side :scooter::scooter: I just LOVE that road

That would be fantastic :)

At this point Ill be leaving Auckland Friday 9 10ish give my self a good six/seven hours for stops and sightseeing on the way.

Gareth51
14th April 2009, 22:14

Just been chatting to Mal,sounds like this is a must,
might not be until Sat.

madmal64
14th April 2009, 23:17
Looks like Gareth, Sels & myself will be heading up on Saturday and possibly be going up the Parpara's and going in from Taumarunui which would make a change. Planning on leaving early on Sat morning and having a decent ride.

Gareth51
14th April 2009, 23:36
Be coming through on fri night after a trackday in taupo ! Prolly only do the friday night ! Hell we're turning up in a van for christs sake lol !

Just park the van around the corner and ride the bike in
If you stay another night I'll buy ya a beer:drinknsin

sinfull
15th April 2009, 08:45
Just park the van around the corner and ride the bike in
If you stay another night I'll buy ya a beer:drinknsin

Getting quite used to the air beds, compressor, geny, chairs and awning when we camp now days lol
But will see what we can swing with regards to staying sat as well ! Who knows, Heidi might like to ride out with you guys on sunday and i'll just play TEC/back up wagon in the van !

NUTBAR
15th April 2009, 09:28
i might be up for this one also, would like to meet more kbrs, any of you got kb tshirts etc? problem is meeting people in big rallys, will be on a st1300 silver, come and say hello, probably head down early saturday morning, think im working friday,

NUTBAR
15th April 2009, 09:34
Just spoke to Gypsy - his # is on last years entry form, a most hospitable chap too he is - the deal is, no need to fill out forms, just phone him, $40 per person covers 2 dinners and breakfast, no BYO, pies etc available also, bring cash/tent etc etc.

I specifically checked on the road in - 'easy peasy'....See ya's there (and GoGal has taken the plunge too!)

Shafty :wari:

who is gypsy? phone number?

shafty
15th April 2009, 09:40
i might be up for this one also, would like to meet more kbrs, any of you got kb tshirts etc? problem is meeting people in big rallys, will be on a st1300 silver, come and say hello, probably head down early saturday morning, think im working friday,

Hi Mate, look for a RED ST1300 and a Blue VT750, both with KB stickers - as you say, will be good to hook up with some more KB'ers

BY THE WAY MATE - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! - your shout at the Rally

shafty
15th April 2009, 09:55
who is gypsy? phone number?

Gypsy is one of the Organisers, his number is 06-752-3615, C U There

NUTBAR
15th April 2009, 09:58

good stuff, thanks shafty,
will keep an eye out for yas,

trump-lady
15th April 2009, 11:22
It official I have Friday off work so if weather is good Ill be leaving Friday. If weather is crap and looks better for sat....Ill be leaving Sat

Ill be on a pink triumph so wont be hard to spot

Are you all tenting? I got a spare 4 man and two man tent (but its pink and green) if anyone needs one

NUTBAR
15th April 2009, 11:39
It official I have Friday off work so if weather is good Ill be leaving Friday. If weather is crap and looks better for sat....Ill be leaving Sat

Ill be on a pink triumph so wont be hard to spot

Are you all tenting? I got a spare 4 man and two man tent (but its pink and green) if anyone needs one

had to buy a new tent as mine got wrecked at cold kiwi from the sparks from the fire some dumb ass lit while the wind was blowing towards the tents, so i think il will be tenting it,

trump-lady
15th April 2009, 16:44
had to buy a new tent as mine got wrecked at cold kiwi from the sparks from the fire some dumb ass lit while the wind was blowing towards the tents, so i think il will be tenting it,

If it had a fly you shoulda keeped it as a cover for your bike ;) they fold up real small.. kept or keeped...fark my spellings bad

sinfull
15th April 2009, 17:20
fark my spellings bad

Wouldn't worry too much about it, lots of ppl spell fuck that way lol

Hinny
15th April 2009, 23:37
Don't let Hitcher see your spelling.
Is the Ch-ch contingent your folks?

NUTBAR
16th April 2009, 08:38
If it had a fly you shoulda keeped it as a cover for your bike ;) they fold up real small.. kept or keeped...fark my spellings bad

good thinking, will have to remember that for next time,:yes:

trump-lady
16th April 2009, 09:57
Don't let Hitcher see your spelling.
Is the Ch-ch contingent your folks?

Yup the rural riders from CHCH are coming up. Dads a member of that group but my ma is getting old and wanted to know last month if it was ganna rain if she came lol. So she wont be coming up. Figured go down and see the old man :)

The R&Rs got me at a rally down south 2 years ago. Dont eat their cakes! Unless your that way inclined.....

sels1
16th April 2009, 10:52
Bring your guitar and join me & the lads on stage at sometime during the weekend!
pffft "I dont think so, Tim"! - The public doesnt need to be exposed to my playing!
Looking forward to the ride up

shadyfarmer
17th April 2009, 18:04
went to this rally about 8 years ago and it was awesome never had time to go back due to distance and work but you wont be dissapointed

trump-lady
17th April 2009, 22:11
went to this rally about 8 years ago and it was awesome never had time to go back due to distance and work but you wont be dissapointed

aww thats a shame. I will take lots of pictures and post em up for ya

Boob Johnson
18th April 2009, 18:12
Is Gypsy's name Neil?

shafty
20th April 2009, 20:31
Sorry Boob, I dunno, I just asked for Gypsy, and Gypsy I got!

(Just back from Gizzy with a thoroughly wet butt)

Lovecuba
21st April 2009, 08:34
Heading up from Rangiora on Thurs, 2.20pm sailing and thence too Railway Hotel, Otaki. On the Friday heading for Tahora via Taumaranui (eta Taum. 1200).
31 bikes coming from down our way. Mix of R & R's and Mac Pac Riders.

I am riding up on a different time line drom the rest, but travelling back with the crew.

sinfull
21st April 2009, 09:23
Heading up from Rangiora on Thurs, 2.20pm sailing and thence too Railway Hotel, Otaki. On the Friday heading for Tahora via Taumaranui (eta Taum. 1200).
31 bikes coming from down our way. Mix of R & R's and Mac Pac Riders.

I am riding up on a different time line drom the rest, but travelling back with the crew. Might have to try and make it for a beer at the railway thurs evening !
We'll be heading up to Taupo early Fri for a trackday, then heading through Taum. prolly more like 3 or 4ish !

trump-lady
21st April 2009, 10:16
Weather not looking so hot. Ill be going down Sat morning from Auckland I think. leaving bout 9ish. Please weather gods play nice!

madmal64
21st April 2009, 10:37
Weather not looking so hot. Ill be going down Sat morning from Auckland I think. leaving bout 9ish. Please weather gods play nice!

Its looking ok for the weekend http://www.metservice.co.nz/public/ruralWeather/rain/rain-forecast-7-day.html

Me & 2 trumpys are leaving Paraparaumu @ 7.30am Sat & going in via Tauramnui. Probably be in Tauramnui by about midday at a guess if you want to ride in with us.

trump-lady
21st April 2009, 10:50
Its looking ok for the weekend http://www.metservice.co.nz/public/ruralWeather/rain/rain-forecast-7-day.html

Me & 2 trumpys are leaving Paraparaumu @ 7.30am Sat & going in via Tauramnui. Probably be in Tauramnui by about midday at a guess if you want to ride in with us.

Aww I dont think Id be down there by then......Im doomed to ride alone

Lovecuba
21st April 2009, 12:43
Might have to try and make it for a beer at the railway thurs evening !
We'll be heading up to Taupo early Fri for a trackday, then heading through Taum. prolly more like 3 or 4ish !

Sounds great. Meeting some Cobbers there who are going to Tahora on Saturday. Also staying at The Railway on Sunday night.

insomnia01
21st April 2009, 19:35
Just been down the forgotten highway today & Fulton Hogan are in the process of laying some BIG FRIGGIN ROADING CHIP on the gravel section from the Taumaunanui end :angry2::angry2: its here & there mostly in strips of 30 - 40 metres long & covering the width of the road :angry2::angry2: once me mate & I had gotten through the crap guess who had a flat friggin rear fucken tyre with ONLY 1500 flippen mother fucken KMS WEAR ON IT :crybaby::angry2::crybaby: So watch yourself fellas

trump-lady
21st April 2009, 20:32
Just been down the forgotten highway today & Fulton Hogan are in the process of laying some BIG FRIGGIN ROADING CHIP on the gravel section from the Taumaunanui end :angry2::angry2: its here & there mostly in strips of 30 - 40 metres long & covering the width of the road :angry2::angry2: once me mate & I had gotten through the crap guess who had a flat friggin rear fucken tyre with ONLY 1500 flippen mother fucken KMS WEAR ON IT :crybaby::angry2::crybaby: So watch yourself fellas

bastards was ganna go this way.....leavin Friday

why this weekend :(

insomnia01
21st April 2009, 21:22
you can still ride through it alright ( buddy was on GIXXER 1000 no problems )
just be carefull & make sure you carry a punture repair kit just in case :mad::mad: OH also, keep a eye out for the FH trucks particularly if you heading through on Friday , we seen two go in both hitched up with trailers

shafty
22nd April 2009, 05:54
Its prolly worth a Phone Call to F and H telling 'em "there's a squillion bikes coming thru" ie, dress it up a bit....

Warr
22nd April 2009, 13:28
Its prolly worth a Phone Call to F and H telling 'em "there's a squillion bikes coming thru" ie, dress it up a bit....
Not sure if its F & H or Inframax who look after this bit of road but here is the number for Inframax TAUMARUNUI 07-896 6458

shafty
22nd April 2009, 18:43
I know a local InfraMax Supervisor who rides a nice Guzzi, no promises but I'll try...

ynot slow
22nd April 2009, 20:57
I know a local InfraMax Supervisor who rides a nice Guzzi, no promises but I'll try...

Take him and your bikes',they're like steamrollers on wheels hehe.:2guns:

Was seriously thinking of this but kids stuff things up lol.

Hinny
22nd April 2009, 21:59
....leavin Friday

Still leaving Friday?

I was hoping to go on Friday. Whether I can depends how many people get in my way at work tomorrow.

Going in from Stratford may be a good idea. It's a nice ride over Mt. Messenger and through the Awakino gorge.

Weather looks better for Friday than Saturday.

Gareth51
22nd April 2009, 22:31

Looks like 1 less trumpy, works got in the way ,gotta go to Auckland tomorrow then over to Napier on Sunday :weep:

shafty
22nd April 2009, 22:49
Looks like 1 less trumpy, works got in the way ,gotta go to Auckland tomorrow then over to Napier on Sunday :weep:

Shall I drink your share Mate?

trump-lady
23rd April 2009, 00:07
Still leaving Friday?

I was hoping to go on Friday. Whether I can depends how many people get in my way at work tomorrow.

Going in from Stratford may be a good idea. It's a nice ride over Mt. Messenger and through the Awakino gorge.

Weather looks better for Friday than Saturday.

Yup agreed but only slightly better weather grrrrr Ill be heading down Friday. Have been waiting to see what the weather gods are doing and Friday looks better. Meeting someone at paeroa at 9 from Waihi and then heading in. Thinking of just getting there fast Friday before dark. Might take the coastal route back Sunday but thats dependant on weather as post say its worth the ride, If you get down there look for me....pink triumph and maybe we can head back that way...... or like I said Im meeting friday Paeroa, hes on a cruiser and knows the way so ill be following (unless really slow) We arent sure exactly where the rally is coming from auckland missing Stratford. Are there signs or anything? Is the rally site easy to spot?

shafty
23rd April 2009, 00:14
Try this

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=13)+Hobbit+Hole+Tunnel&daddr=Matiere,+New+Zealand&hl=en&geocode=FaqarP0dH0NrCiFSrYEVOXnipg%3B&mra=ls&sll=-38.89174,174.95028&sspn=0.48313,0.848694&ie=UTF8&ll=-38.775499,174.990234&spn=0.967842,1.697388&z=9>
Yes, signs (I'm told) will be out, drinks cold etc etc

trump-lady
23rd April 2009, 00:18
Cheers....Im directionally challanged so he knows the road we just gotta find the drive way. He knows how to get in there, i guess coming from our way if we hit the pub weve gone to far.

Im hoping he keeps a good pace however he will catch me if i pass him on the gravel......as I carry my bike around corners lol and tipy toe cussing loudly and shaking my head

shafty
23rd April 2009, 00:22
Relax Girl, you'll be right, once you're nearby it gets EASY!, see ya there!

madmal64
23rd April 2009, 08:31

I know that feeling. I really should be working too, but I need a break more than I need the work.

Shall I drink your share Mate?

Might have to. I think Gareth should shout the 1st round eh?

madmal64
23rd April 2009, 08:45
Trump Lady there is usually a metal sculpture out on the road that has a sheep or goats skull on top of it at the turn off with a sign pointing to the rally site. If you are coming in from the Stratford end the sculpture will be on your right just after the bridge at the bottom of the Tahora saddle. There is a shed on the corner of the turn off.
Its really easy to find. Dont worry there are plenty of fellow bikers around the area heading to the destination that will make sure you get there.

sinfull
23rd April 2009, 08:47
Cheers....Im directionally challanged so he knows the road we just gotta find the drive way. He knows how to get in there, i guess coming from our way if we hit the pub weve gone to far.

Im hoping he keeps a good pace however he will catch me if i pass him on the gravel......as I carry my bike around corners lol and tipy toe cussing loudly and shaking my head

Once ya get through the hobbit hole tunnel, take ya time and look for a road that goes off to the right ! Should be a sign there, if not go have a look up that road anyway the drive is only a few hundred metres on the left of that road and there will be lots of ppl visible ! Bikes going in constantly all day so ya wont get lost !
Have a good one, shame we won't be making it now !

trump-lady
23rd April 2009, 18:19
Im packing up my stuff.....tent sleeping bags, pannier bags are full....looks like Im going fpor a week lol

Im sooooo excited.......

Hinny
24th April 2009, 07:37

Sorry we will miss catching up.
See you again at the Busta Gut, Turangi, Queen's Birthday?

Hinny
24th April 2009, 07:51
Try this

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=13)+Hobbit+Hole+Tunnel&daddr=Matiere,+New+Zealand&hl=en&geocode=FaqarP0dH0NrCiFSrYEVOXnipg%3B&mra=ls&sll=-38.89174,174.95028&sspn=0.48313,0.848694&ie=UTF8&ll=-38.775499,174.990234&spn=0.967842,1.697388&z=9>
Yes, signs (I'm told) will be out, drinks cold etc etc

Never been to Matiere.
I think I shall go that way.

sels1
24th April 2009, 14:27
Looks like 1 less trumpy, :
Make that 2 less - sometimes life just gets in the way.
Maybe next year.

NUTBAR
24th April 2009, 15:12
Maybe next year.

yip, going to have to pull the plug on this one too.:(
have fun guys.

madmal64
24th April 2009, 16:24
Maybe next year.

Oh well I will be riding up will all my mates now! I'm still going! This is one I really try to make every year.

shafty
25th April 2009, 13:02
A great Fri night was had.....

shafty
25th April 2009, 13:05
...but not the Trump Lady!

Highlander
25th April 2009, 13:19
Sorry Boob, I dunno, I just asked for Gypsy, and Gypsy I got!

(Just back from Gizzy with a thoroughly wet butt)

You or him?

I hope you went to this rally the long way! Your bike would hardly be warmed up going by the map you posted.

shafty
26th April 2009, 15:35
(Me)

The bl@@dy grader had just been over the metal, - we actually encountered it on the way home - so the Pan Euro was "rolling" it for fellow motorbicyclists, and yes, we took the direct root! :msn-wink:

trump-lady
26th April 2009, 15:48
...but not the Trump Lady!

OH NO!!!!!!!!! lol

I had no idea what any KBers looked like. Hinney found me. I was bouncing round somewhere....darn it...........

Great pic though I will be stealing it.

FATASTIC RALLY best one I have ever been to. On sat we went tot he boiler for a keg.....and they are having another bash in Feb (maybe) at the old boiler rest stop....no lights. Might be a go but I will def be at this every year. The best host ever and what a place.... I didnt wanna leave :(

Sorry I missed you all we coulda been standing next to each other! I got some pics will post soon :)

trump-lady
26th April 2009, 16:21
Excitment on the gravel coming in....ummm id say VERY slowly. I kept thinking bout what you said and looking at the ks....saying OK Tanya 2 down 10 to go lol.....Was sweet on way out though. What was exciting was going to the pub fri night and heading back to the site in the dark. I hit my kill switch instead of my high/low beams going down hill into a corner and it was so fing dark in the saddle.....then encountered a galloping runaway horse on the main road which is encounters of a new kind cause I worried bout goats! I also learnt that if you dont do your airbed up right it goes down while your asleep and in fing horrible!

If that pics of you I saw the rope head lady....I was in blue white leathers fri night and camo pants and cap sat.

trump-lady
26th April 2009, 16:36
1 Hobbits hole
2 note the beer lol
3 Fri Night
4 Best chairs int he world

5 Anzac
6 Boiler and keg

trump-lady
26th April 2009, 16:47
1 bolier rest stop
2 the host
3 Sat night
4 Heading home :(

shafty
26th April 2009, 17:10
The "Rope Lady" is GoGal, my Lady. Thats not me, - its an old Buddy of hers.

I see in your pics the black Rocket III I helped pic up Sat morning.....

trump-lady
26th April 2009, 17:18
The "Rope Lady" is GoGal, my Lady. Thats not me, - its an old Buddy of hers.

I see in your pics the black Rocket III I helped pic up Sat morning.....

I meet him at the pub Friday night....did he off?

shafty
26th April 2009, 18:27
Nah, he just tipped over on the grass going past us when the group left for the Anzac service, - he didn't even squeal with his leg underneath!

sinfull
26th April 2009, 18:39
The "Rope Lady" is GoGal, my Lady. Thats not me, - its an old Buddy of hers. Was gonna say Jah mon ! But then went and looked at the ropes lol Heyyyy ! So the weather held for the gig i see, nice !! Shame we did'nt have a few hundy to spare for this weekend ! Did Gypsy mention they missed Heidi this weekend lol !

trump-lady
26th April 2009, 18:56
Was gonna say Jah mon ! But then went and looked at the ropes lol Heyyyy ! So the weather held for the gig i see, nice !! Shame we did'nt have a few hundy to spare for this weekend ! Did Gypsy mention they missed Heidi this weekend lol !

no...but he did give me a nickname all weekend. R and R sprog cause I was the only "off spring" of the r and rs.........He is just an awesome guy....loved him to bits

sinfull
26th April 2009, 19:07
no...but he did give me a nickname all weekend. R and R sprog cause I was the only "off spring" of the r and rs.........He is just an awesome guy....loved him to bits
Nice !!! He aint bad is he ! Only met him last year and Kerry, who's place its on but couldn't ask for a nicer bunch !
Heidi grew up with them so to speak, In a folk music sence !
No doubt we will get to met ya at the next one then !

Hinny
26th April 2009, 19:22
I had the best time.
I saw your bike Shafty but not you I was on my Pan, camped up on top of the hill.
Had to have a revival snack and a nap on the way home. Only three hours sleep last night. We carried on the party and music after the band departed. Went off to bed just before five. Great night.
Fantastic ride home. Went up a couple of new tracks. Thru; Mt Damper and then hung a lefty at Awakino. There is a new best motorbike track with the sealing of this road. A bit left to do but once that is done and all the neww metal has been swept off ... yahoo. Great scenery.
For those that missed out I fell very sorry for you. It was a great party.

Nasty
26th April 2009, 19:58
I didn't make it to Whanga till today .. and I think there were only a couple of people left ... popped up to Grubs cross and added some flowers .. give it a little colour over winter months :)

shafty
26th April 2009, 22:32
I had the best time.
I saw your bike Shafty but not you I was on my Pan, camped up on top of the hill.
Had to have a revival snack and a nap on the way home. Only three hours sleep last night. We carried on the party and music after the band departed. Went off to bed just before five. Great night.
Fantastic ride home. Went up a couple of new tracks. Thru; Mt Damper and then hung a lefty at Awakino. There is a new best motorbike track with the sealing of this road. A bit left to do but once that is done and all the neww metal has been swept off ... yahoo. Great scenery.
For those that missed out I fell very sorry for you. It was a great party.

Cheers - pity we didn't all pre arrange summit - I guess many arrived Sat too - we could only make the Fri - but I gotta agree to what everyone says (and as Sinfull told us) ITS A BLOODY GOODIE!

trump-lady
27th April 2009, 13:46
Cheers - pity we didn't all pre arrange summit - I guess many arrived Sat too - we could only make the Fri - but I gotta agree to what everyone says (and as Sinfull told us) ITS A BLOODY GOODIE!

I thought friday was the best night. You def have to get there from friday and stay till sunday....or monday...or tuesday lol

trump-lady
27th April 2009, 15:54
I did a quick vid for my dad and my uncle...thought Id put it in...wish I had taken more pics and vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmMSo_BXeTo

MarkH
27th April 2009, 16:30
I wasn't able to make this rally, but am planning on going to the Cold Duck Rally in a couple of weeks. Are any of you guys going to that one?

trump-lady
27th April 2009, 16:53
Thought about it but work, school assignments, sick days not looking good. really need the fri and mon off for that one right...

sinfull
27th April 2009, 17:31
I did a quick vid for my dad and my uncle...thought Id put it in...wish I had taken more pics and vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmMSo_BXeTo
I't hasn't changed ! lol (heineken)
Nah good vid Trump, it's a fine line between taking too many pics and vids and missing out on all the fun Aye haha

shafty
27th April 2009, 18:18
I wasn't able to make this rally, but am planning on going to the Cold Duck Rally in a couple of weeks. Are any of you guys going to that one?

It's on my calender as a "to do" - its a goodie

trump-lady
30th March 2010, 19:50
BUMP!@!!!!!

tis coming around again...............

Ill be there :)

Best Rally in the world :)

Bikemad
30th March 2010, 19:56
whers the dates please trump lady

trump-lady
30th March 2010, 20:29
I know its the weekend of anzac as last time we went to a little church with the cows in the country..... all 50 to 100 bikes :)

I will find out exactly and confirm asap

trump-lady
31st March 2010, 07:09
Weekend of anzac.......Turners farm Tahora SH43 Taranaki. Live music, competitions, food, bar, amenities on site. Pre reg $30, gate sales $35. Enquiries Gypsy 06 7523615.

Tahora is 15 mins east of Whangamomona, aprox half way between Tamaranui & Stratford

Last time it included a shot at the gate

Bikemad
31st March 2010, 17:17
cheers TL...........buggar.........clashes with the BFTP get together...............hope you have a blast

Hinny
1st April 2010, 00:49
I'll be there. Had a fantastic time last year. The music, the people,the place. It was a lot of fun.
Did not get a lot of sleep.

Hinny
1st April 2010, 00:52
My Avatar is probably what I looked like towards the end.

shafty
1st April 2010, 08:01
We had a great laugh last year, but are unfortunately desert-bound for the next couple of these...... Definitely worth the effort.

I love their motto... "To get old and in the way" LOL . Great bar, great atmosphere.........

WuZards-Eugene
1st April 2010, 08:30
Sweet, this looks like me.

86GSXR
1st April 2010, 11:52
Me too. Heard some very good things about this.........And what a ride to get there!

trump-lady
1st April 2010, 13:54
Thats cause its the BEST rally in the world...............................

Im leaving Friday

tate35
2nd April 2010, 08:59
Hi Trump-lady,

I really hope you find people to go with. A bunch of us from BFTP (Blast from the past) riders did the Forgotten highway in February. Was awesome ride and scenery and then you make it to the pub and they are so welcoming.Hope you get to go - it's worth the ride :)

Ive heard great things and will def be going, ....just want some peeps to ride down with. So its camping styles?

sinfull
2nd April 2010, 09:07
Might go for a beer or three !

RDjase
2nd April 2010, 17:51
Hi Trump-lady,

I really hope you find people to go with. A bunch of us from BFTP (Blast from the past) riders did the Forgotten highway in February. Was awesome ride and scenery and then you make it to the pub and they are so welcoming.Hope you get to go - it's worth the ride :)

+1 Tate, was good fun there in Feb:yes:

We definatly cant make it in April tho, Same weekend as BFTP Hawkes bay Rally :Punk:

Might go for a beer or three !

or 4 or 5 or 6:apint:

Are you taking the Norton or is it a "work in progress"

DIN PELENDA
4th April 2010, 03:42
I be there !

Guzzi-Mulisha
10th April 2010, 21:09
Will be there too,headin off about 10am Friday from Taupo.

trump-lady
15th April 2010, 16:50
1 more week........... you all missin out :)

sinfull
15th April 2010, 16:55
1 more week........... you all missin out :) Shhhhh You know what happens when too many ppl hear about it !!
It's plenty big enough now ! Too many and they won't cater the same meals as they usually do !! Hmmmmmm yum

trump-lady
15th April 2010, 16:56
yeah but I no wanna ride alone :(

forkoil
21st April 2010, 10:14
What are the details, theres nothing on the calendar? Where, cost, what to take etc.What does cost include, food etc?

sinfull
21st April 2010, 10:39
What are the details, theres nothing on the calendar? Where, cost, what to take etc.What does cost include, food etc?

30 or 35 bucks to get in ! Fri sat night bands and folkies jammin ! Food and piss on site (at a cost)
12 or 15 k's north of whangamomona hotel is Tahora and the rally site (south of the hobit hole) take a tent !

insomnia01
21st April 2010, 11:01
I rode SH43 last weekend gravel section is in great condition as is the rest of that awesome road :yes::yes: ,if you happen to do Okau rd through to Mt Damper falls look out spot watch for road works :shit: :gob: :shit: along this section ( starts @ 5km before Mt Damper lookout on Okau rd side ) it was fairly loose to say the least when I went through,but ride able.... I would suggest that maybe its in a better condition now than when I went down there which was @ 2 weeks ago.... What other roads do you guys & girls do whilst down that way ?? I also had a look at Junction rd ( @20km south of Whangamomona pub ) which takes you along the Waitara river into Matau/Purangi then onto Tarata rd ,great scenery but beware of the gravel @ 25km in total & narrow ( crazy locals on quads ) worth a look if you have time & the right dual purpose bike or if you like exploring gravel roads on road bikes :Punk:

trump-lady
21st April 2010, 11:40

Its a secret thats why its not on the calander (why I didnt put it) Its something that has grown over the years but pretty much is by invite or from a friend of a friend. I beleive the rural riders started it. Its on a big farm with some of the coolest peeps youll meet. You get a shot when you arrive and pay your 30 bucks. Set up a tent or do what some do and crash in the huge wool shed. They leave the wool so you can curl up and keep warm. Then just chill, drink and enjoy the company and the hosts who are awesome. Theres a big undercover shed with a band playing...food and hopefully showers this year. Gypsy organizes rides for Sat to local cool places...and youll learn a bit about this amazing secluded area. Its in the middle of a gully so its freedom riding. On Sunday we go to a little church for Anzac day which is an experience! 100 bikes and bikers in a tiny church with cows mooing in the back ground.

Its about a 5 and a half hour ride from auckland.....which will also give you some awesome views and some amazing roads. Youll even go through a clay tunnel called hobits hole....Dont be put off by the gravel....Im allergic to it and petrified of it but was fine last year. Maybe justa wee bit slow..... Sometimes the journey makes the final destination all the sweeter.

So come on..........

forkoil
21st April 2010, 11:43
Cheers for that. Cant go down Fri, so Sat morn start. Go down via Ngaruawahia, Otorohanga, Te Kuiti, Taumaranui, then thru to Tahora along SH43? Roughly what time from Orks? (travellling you know sort of well one twenty ish) and how friggin cold is it (sleeping bag selection)

trump-lady
21st April 2010, 12:07
Its a secret thats why its not on the calander (why I didnt put it) Its something that has grown over the years but pretty much is by invite or from a friend of a friend. I beleive the rural riders started it. Its on a big farm with some of the coolest peeps youll meet. You get a shot when you arrive and pay your 30 bucks. Set up a tent or do what some do and crash in the huge wool shed. They leave the wool so you can curl up and keep warm. Then just chill, drink and enjoy the company and the hosts who are awesome. Theres a big undercover shed with a band playing...food and hopefully showers this year. Gypsy organizes rides for Sat to local cool places...and youll learn a bit about this amazing secluded area. Its in the middle of a gully so its freedom riding. On Sunday we go to a little church for Anzac day which is an experience! 100 bikes and bikers in a tiny church with cows mooing in the back ground.

Its about a 5 and a half hour ride from auckland.....which will also give you some awesome views and some amazing roads. Youll even go through a clay tunnel called hobits hole....Dont be put off by the gravel....Im allergic to it and petrified of it but was fine last year. Maybe justa wee bit slow..... Sometimes the journey makes the final destination all the sweeter.

So come on..........

As above wises states 5 and a half the fastest route which is about right from what I can remember last year. Coldness depends on how drunk you get but weather doesnt look to bad....maybe a few showers.... so if u drink heaps, crash in the wool shed on some wool...you should be cosy.... It was misty last year at night fall and its recomended you get there before dark as lots of mystical beast such as stray cows and goats have been known to frequent the roads after sunset.

Once you get past the gravel you go through the hobbit hole and just after youll see a sign and arrow....usually a sheep head with an arrow through it or something you really will not miss and will stay in your memory bank for a while..... then your there. I think this year its 35 dollar entry too sorry, not 30

tate35
21st April 2010, 17:00
Hey Trump-Lady,

U must be excited it's almost Friday....hope you have a blast this weekend. What a ride Panmure to Whangamoana...but SO WORTH it!!!! Have you found some other riders to ride down with yet?

Hope weather behaves itself too :) Enjoy the forgotton highway and have a GREAT weekend.
:)

trump-lady
21st April 2010, 19:43
AWWWW thanks and yes Im super excited........... Im going solo but will hopefully I will find some bikes along the way and pretend they are my friends and follow em as Im terrible at directions. My "map" just called to say he cant come due to a funeral but riding alone is not so bad (I only like it cause Im hopless at directions) .....you stop when u want.....ride how you want and at what speed u want.

Im super excited.....even getting excited about packing up the bike with panniers one (wo) man tent and of course my blow up bed....

Weather looks sweet-ish

Life is great :)

Why arent u going?

tate35
21st April 2010, 20:32
AWWWW thanks and yes Im super excited........... Im going solo but will hopefully I will find some bikes along the way and pretend they are my friends and follow em as Im terrible at directions. My "map" just called to say he cant come due to a funeral but riding alone is not so bad (I only like it cause Im hopless at directions) .....you stop when u want.....ride how you want and at what speed u want.

Im super excited.....even getting excited about packing up the bike with panniers one (wo) man tent and of course my blow up bed....

Weather looks sweet-ish

Life is great :)

Why arent u going?

I would love to but the BFTP (Blast from the past) group are having a rally/piss up in the Hawkes Bay this Friday - Sunday so I am attending that...otherwise I would be keen as. I hear you about getting excited packing you panniers and (wo) man tent how excting. I'm excited for you lol
Yeah you will be fine riding solo....like you say if some other bikes are out there just join their pack - looks like you are with them hehe
Hey ride carefully but most importanly have a blast and post when you get back - tell us all about it :)

offrd
21st April 2010, 21:33
Hey, Just heard about this today!:shit:
Trying to find more info so i can go, is it ok to just turn up? Hope bikes with knobblie tyres are ok!:scooter:

forkoil
22nd April 2010, 06:53
One last question, and probably a silly one, its all cash and no plastic eh?

Hinny
22nd April 2010, 08:08
Aiming for a Friday getaway. Have a wee bit to do before then.
Pretty pumped at the moment recalling last years rally.
Oh! to emulate that one. Woohoo!

trump-lady
22nd April 2010, 09:21
Hey, Just heard about this today!:shit:
Trying to find more info so i can go, is it ok to just turn up? Hope bikes with knobblie tyres are ok!:scooter:

Theres all kind there! Shoooot Ill be there on a pink Trumpy! Host have nicknamed me sprog.....Yup just turn up... dont miss out. Ive been on alot of rallies (down south) and even usa but this is the best rally in the world!

Youll enjoy the 10 k gravel in too..... I suspect alot more than I will.

Just turn up with ya 35 bucks and a smile and youll be fine.

Im leaving around 10ish from Auckers but I would imagine youll find a few people on your way down there to tag along with esp when you get closer.

I suggest giving heaps of time so you can stop and take pics etc as the ride is amazing.

trump-lady
22nd April 2010, 09:24
Not silly at all!
Cash only
Closest efpos is at pub...20 mins away
So bring all your cash, get drunk and leave it on the pink triumph motorbike please :)
You can buy your drinks there at a really good price...money for food they put on...is cheap and your 35 bucks to get in
Also if your a smoker (of legal kinds hehehe) bring some..........

trump-lady
22nd April 2010, 09:25
I bags the chairs!

OMG the most comfortable chairs in the history of man kind...... we def need to avoid them as we became anti social last year

See you there Hinny for a drink Friday night

Look out for me on the road

WuZards-Eugene
22nd April 2010, 16:38
Im all prepped to go. Will be coming straight out from an overnight trailride in the Akatarawa's, then going home to switch bikes and heading straight up at about lunch time on Saturday. Do they have badges for the rally?

trump-lady
22nd April 2010, 19:16
Dont remember any.....they have T-shirts though

Hinny
22nd April 2010, 20:44
Roughly what time from Orks? (travellling you know sort of well one twenty ish) and how friggin cold is it (sleeping bag selection)

1/ Since when could you travel that fast/slow?

2/ Sleeping Bag! - What does Doris think about you talking about her in those terms?
Anyway being Swiss she should be used to the cold.

Hinny
25th April 2010, 23:12
Well it was another good one.
Forkoil and I toured down on our Touring bikes.
Met up with lots of familiar faces. Almost drank too much, stayed up all night, laughed a few more wrinkles into my face.
Had a very enjoyable ride through to Stratford and up to visit at Tariki. sublime ride back. Flowing from one corner to another. Avoiding wildlife and road damage, in the sun. The views are certainly worth the effort of getting off the bike for a few minutes.
Unfortunately we missed the poker run and the keg at the 'Boilers'.

Sunday remembrance day.
They shall not grow old as we that are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the evening,
we will remember them

Ride home by way of Mt. Damper wasn't enjoyed by Forkoil. Too much pea gravel.
"How much fun are you having Ken?."
"Forkoil!"
Became really nice at the bottom of the hills. Ken still having forkoil fun

Met up with bikers at Mokau -Jules13 - Hi.
Pleasant chat with tea. How civilised.

There was the best piece of road in N.Z. through the Awakino gorge.(As good as the Cardrona road.)
New hotmix bitumen. Looked like a brand new race track. So smooth.
Returned to rain on the Bombay hills - how unusual- and lots of Plonkers in the outside lane at less than the speed limit holding up big queues.
Oh! how I love escaping to the country.
Better get some sleep - ready for another work week from hell.

Hinny
11th April 2011, 13:39
Bumpity bumpity bump.

Rural Rider's Tahora rally nearly upon us again.
Who's keen?
A really fun time had by all the last two that I have attended. Highly recommended - especially if you are into good live music.

DIN PELENDA
13th April 2011, 13:07
Bumpity bumpity bump.

Rural Rider's Tahora rally nearly upon us again.
Who's keen?
A really fun time had by all the last two that I have attended. Highly recommended - especially if you are into good live music.

When is it this year, I miss out last one, have to do this one.

hmmmnz
15th April 2011, 14:28
usually anzac weekend, which would also be easter weekend this year,

havn't heard if its on or not, i'll give the pub a ring tonight, hopefully they'll know.

id be keen if its on

Hinny
18th April 2011, 11:55
usually anzac weekend, which would also be easter weekend this year,

havn't heard if its on or not, i'll give the pub a ring tonight, hopefully they'll know.

id be keen if its on

What's the story?

kinger
19th April 2011, 19:02
Just a quick update.
The rally is on, confirmed this evening.
Tracy Haskell done her outstanding usual best, lined up "Bullfrog.......?" , can't remember the rest, and plenty of other great music.Toilets/showers/feeed/bar all confirmed, including Saturday hangi!!!

Hinny
20th April 2011, 23:05
Bullfrog Rata.
$45 entry fee this year.
Fingers crossed for good weather.

trump-lady
5th March 2013, 23:14
Sooooo Im coming from Sydney to Christchurch and riding up to participate in the best rally in the world...........would be great to see some old faces!
Havent riden for over a year so will be a slow ride for sure.

Whos going...............................

Paul in NZ
6th March 2013, 06:30
Kinda depends...

2 grand babies due just before that so .... (sigh)...

Still - perhaps we will be well over due for a break by then.

Hinny
9th March 2013, 06:41
Sounds like the best way to spend Anzac break.
Anzac day Thurs. 25th.
Wonder what day it will start and when we might get to leave.

sinfull
9th March 2013, 07:05
Kinda depends...

2 grand babies due just before that so .... (sigh)...

Still - perhaps we will be well over due for a break by then.
Will you still be recovering from the labour pains ?

Paul in NZ
9th March 2013, 07:37
Will you still be recovering from the labour pains ?

Pretty much... If your kids have never had kids then its hard to explain.... But 'pain' definately comes into it...

trump-lady
17th March 2013, 20:46
Im heading up from Christchurch on the 25th..............catch the ferry them BANG there ;)

Leber
18th March 2013, 15:26
Is there a Website, flyer, facebook page or any other info on this rally?

Coldrider
20th March 2013, 19:45
Is there a Website, flyer, facebook page or any other info on this rally?and BANG, I would go to if I could find some more info, BOOM.