PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone in Oamaru who can help?

kave
20th March 2009, 10:43
I'm looking at replacing the bike that I recently wrote off. There is what looks like a very nice 2001 Honda CB1300 that has only done 17,000k for sale, but it is in Oamaru. Now, I am quite happy to head down to Oamaru and ride the bike back up to Auckland, I am just not willing to do so without having an independant third party look over the bike before I commit to a trip like that.

If anyone could have a look at the bike for me, and just make sure that it looks safe, runs well, and there is no damage that I should be concerned about I would be very appreciative. I would definitely be appreciative enough to buy you a box of beers when I come down to pick the bike up.

Thanks in advance.

Shaun
20th March 2009, 12:11
I'm looking at replacing the bike that I recently wrote off. There is what looks like a very nice 2001 Honda CB1300 that has only done 17,000k for sale, but it is in Oamaru. Now, I am quite happy to head down to Oamaru and ride the bike back up to Auckland, I am just not willing to do so without having an independant third party look over the bike before I commit to a trip like that.

If anyone could have a look at the bike for me, and just make sure that it looks safe, runs well, and there is no damage that I should be concerned about I would be very appreciative. I would definitely be appreciative enough to buy you a box of beers when I come down to pick the bike up.

Thanks in advance.

Look up Brads on here mate! He is the son of the owner of Oamaru Honda and a good guy!

kave
20th March 2009, 12:48
Do you mean this guy?

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=16950

Thanks for that, I will drop him a PM.

JimO
20th March 2009, 14:51
98tls is in ommers as well

Mully
20th March 2009, 14:58
Frosty is planning on driving Auckland to Invercargill - he might be persuaded to drop in on the way through.

Wingnut
20th March 2009, 17:57
Look up Brads on here mate! He is the son of the owner of Oamaru Honda and a good guy!

Geez I dunno bout that Shaun - thos Dodgey Selfes......... Na Brads a good bugger.

Hey Kave, I can check it out for ya - could even shoot it into the local dealer for a second opinion if ya want.

PM me if you want. Cheers

98tls
20th March 2009, 18:01
Sing out if need be and i will give it the once over. if you come down,a feed/coffee/beer whatever you need.

kave
20th March 2009, 18:06
Thanks heaps for all the offers. I have made the seller an offer, and he is thinking it over. If he accepts the offer (I really hope he does) I will get in touch with you guys and try to organise something. At the moment I am in limbo, but hopefully it is all go, as I am really keen on a roadtrip and I am missing having a bike.

98tls
20th March 2009, 18:22
Fwiw they do daily flights from CH-CH to Oamaru these days,takes bugger all time and way better than a bus etc.

kave
20th March 2009, 18:26
Fwiw they do daily flights from CH-CH to Oamaru these days,takes bugger all time and way better than a bus etc.

Sounds like a plan, especially if I'm going to be spending 2 days on a bike that I haven't ridden before, would probably pay to try and arrive as fresh as possible. Thanks for the advice.

98tls
20th March 2009, 18:40
Sounds like a plan, especially if I'm going to be spending 2 days on a bike that I haven't ridden before, would probably pay to try and arrive as fresh as possible. Thanks for the advice. Sing out if thats what you end up doing as the airports a fair way out of town,i work 4 on 4 off so if i am not working i could shoot out and pick you up at the airport.

Ms Piggy
21st March 2009, 08:19
Hey Kave - I've got a couple of friends in Oamaru who are riders and they may be able to have a look. PM me the details and I can email them.

Cheers, Ms Piggy