PDA

View Full Version : Driver Jailed over Foot in Bumper

bluninja
5th March 2005, 20:44
A driver has been jailed for 2 months for removing the foot of a motorcyclist in an accident and then driving off :angry2: Read the full story here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/4319295.stm).

John
5th March 2005, 20:48
SHIT.

That is unbeleviable - god damn only 2months for wrecking someones life. Typical, shows our law system isnt the only one thats screwed.

Hope he gets to ride bikes again, the poor bloke. :angry2:

James Deuce
5th March 2005, 20:49
2 months is more than the nothing the drunken, drug dealing, stolen car driving, scum sucking SOB, who removed by brother-in-law's right arm and right leg got. At least they're starting to jail them.

Grumpy
5th March 2005, 20:52
Unbelievable what absolute pricks some people can be.... and I don't mean the driver either ( he's just a f..ken' c..t! )

He gets fined 300 pounds compensation. I'm sure that guys foot was worth a hell of a lot more to him than that. :angry2:

Waylander
6th March 2005, 00:45
Fuckin prick..... you know wich one I'm talkin about.

bear
8th March 2005, 12:46
That is a severly light punishment, after showing no regard for safety of others, and permanently disfiguring someone else, he gets a few months jail and and 300 pound fine - ridiculous!!!

inlinefour
8th March 2005, 16:20
You people are just realising that the legal system is shite, here and overseas. Nothing has changed....

MSTRS
8th March 2005, 16:25
And the driver was a Law student.....no wonder the system is in this state.

SPman
8th March 2005, 16:32
And the driver was a Law student
and...he was driving a....VOLVO!

Ixion
8th March 2005, 17:16
Well, at least it's very improbable that he will ever be admitted to the bar , with the record he now has :ar15: :ar15:

inlinefour
9th March 2005, 01:41
Well, at least it's very improbable that he will ever be admitted to the bar , with the record he now has :ar15: :ar15:

With the current state of the legal system, nothing would surprise me.

bluninja
9th March 2005, 04:15

Wow, I didn't realise he was going to be banned from drinking in public as well :spudwhat:

Hmmm, no doubt he will invoke the human rights act saying that having paid his (£300) debt to society he has a right to pursue his choice of career in law :angry2:

BTW just been and looked around my VOLVO. I'm still trying to figure out how he managed to trap the poor guys foot in the bumper :confused:

Krusti
9th March 2005, 05:05
What a sad sad world!

ghost
9th March 2005, 12:04
Gutted,

a few "freinds" should pay him a visit with short rope and a long tree..might help sort out his attitude to other people.

Yokai
10th March 2005, 07:33
Man - my sympathies to the biker and family.

But, knee-jerk reactions aside:

1 - The guy won't be admitted to the bar, nor will he be admitted to the High Court of England and Wales (what has to happen to be able to practice as a solicitor) - career over.

2 - 300pounds doesn't seem much, but there is actually a *book* defining what the limits are (max and minima) for various maimings. IIRC you only get 12k for losing an eye, and max 30K for losing both... While it might be low, it (along with the Wolfe reforms) gets rid of the stupid situation that you have in the US where you can sue for extortionate amounts.

But, having said all that - what an utter c***.

edit: What do "freinds" look like - are they big and tall and scary with teeth like tent pegs?

WINJA
13th March 2005, 19:15
THATS BULLSHIT CONSIDERING IN THE UK THEYVE HANDED OUT YEAR LONG SENTENCES JUST FOR SPEEDING, EXTREME SPEEDING BUT NO INJURIES OR CRASH

saiko
13th March 2005, 19:52
That's such a bullshit sentence the little prick got. If some a-hole cager did that to me I'd castrate him, then he would know what it's like to miss a body part for the rest of his life. Then hop along to the emergency dept (after fixing up bike, of course...)