PDA

View Full Version : Sidecar Have A Go Day - 2009

markc
21st March 2009, 06:43
The Sidecar Racing Associations 'Have-a-go-day' is again on this year at the Taupo Motorsport park on Sunday, November 1st.

Again it will be on track 3 (the old track). The day will kick off from 9:30 till 3:30.

$10 will get you 3 laps on a sidecar of your choice.

Last year there was a great turn out of classics and moderns. This year will hopefully be bigger again.

Tell all your friends.

All ages of passengers catered for.

My 70 year old mum had a go a couple of years ago. She even hung of the side ! So there's no excuses.......

Atlas
29th March 2009, 10:42
I'll bring the norton down this year! I know the kids want to have a go on it out on the track. Shame its later in the season but weather might be better:laugh:

Passenger0_0
14th April 2009, 19:40
I'm now aiming to have the Vincent up and running again as it's an ideal place to try out the machine after a long break. Good place to find a replacement passenger too!

SARGE
14th April 2009, 19:51
quick question ..

im a fat fucker .. 6' tall and 120 kg .. fairly strong though .. will my size be a disadvantage? .. ( have a go or competitive?).. after seeing the guys and girls at Paeroa i thought it might be a giggle

i used to work with Pete Wilmot years ago and he offered to take me out on his rig once ..

Kickaha
14th April 2009, 19:59
quick question ..

im a fat fucker .. 6' tall and 120 kg .. fairly strong though .. will my size be a disadvantage? .. ( have a go or competitive?)..

Compared to our own Pigster (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=4767) you're a fucking lightweight and him and his Brother were quickish

Oh yeah it's more about technique and timing than strength

Good place to find a replacement passenger too!

If I lived a bit closer I'd be putting my hand up for that job

SARGE
14th April 2009, 20:05
you're a fucking lightweight

i luff u man ... :love:

now i gotta find some leathers that dont make me look like a condom stuffed with walnuts ....

chaps with tassels mebbe?

Kickaha
14th April 2009, 20:45
now i gotta find some leathers that dont make me look like a condom stuffed with walnuts ..

PM Scrivy (fat pie eating homo that he is) on gear requirements, I don't think you need full leathers but he might be able to get Timmys leathers who's a similar size

SARGE
14th April 2009, 20:56
PM Scrivy (fat pie eating homo that he is) on gear requirements, I don't think you need full leathers but he might be able to get Timmys leathers who's a similar size

sweet .. might see ya there

Passenger0_0
15th April 2009, 17:04
quick question ..

im a fat fucker .. 6' tall and 120 kg .. fairly strong though .. will my size be a disadvantage? .. ( have a go or competitive?).. after seeing the guys and girls at Paeroa i thought it might be a giggle

i used to work with Pete Wilmot years ago and he offered to take me out on his rig once ..

Being a fairly beefy (retired) passenger myself, Weight is a disadvantage not so much as slowing the outfit down but more so for having to use more force to move around - destabilising the rig and also it's harder to hand on if you're caught out of position. Prior to retiring I fell off at the last two meetings due to simply not being able to hold onto the accelerating outfit.

SARGE
15th April 2009, 17:28
Being a fairly beefy (retired) passenger myself, Weight is a disadvantage not so much as slowing the outfit down but more so for having to use more force to move around - destabilising the rig and also it's harder to hand on if you're caught out of position. Prior to retiring I fell off at the last two meetings due to simply not being able to hold onto the accelerating outfit.

i can still shimmy up a 50 foot rope faster than most guys half my size and age .. i drive a truck for a living so upper body is fairly strong and ive always had tree trunks for legs ...

im just worried about shitting myself to be honest .. lol .. 200 kph 200 mm above the ground

wbks
16th April 2009, 10:05
Pansy!...

Got my new gloves and leathers this time, looking forward to it

wybmadiity
21st July 2009, 11:46
And a little girl waits......

stify
21st July 2009, 13:54
And a little girl waits......

and this little boy is saving up

CookMySock
21st July 2009, 14:24
Theres a bunch or folks from up here coming down. This was an awesome day out last time.

Steve

ajturbo
21st July 2009, 16:44
...... scared myself white a couple of years ago (cost less than what Micheal paid) during the end of year racing.... could almost be convinced to come back up...

Kickaha
21st July 2009, 19:02
...... scared myself white a couple of years ago (cost less than what Micheal paid) during the end of year racing.... could almost be convinced to come back up...

I'll shout you, ya pussy

sidecar bob
21st July 2009, 20:44
Looks like Scrivy & i wont be at the have a go day this year, Theres a date clash with the classic meeting at Manfield. :(

saul
21st July 2009, 20:53
Looks like Scrivy & i wont be at the have a go day this year, Theres a date clash with the classic meeting at Manfield. :(

What thats ridiculasssssssssssssssssssss

Colapop
21st July 2009, 22:19
Whaaaatttt? Ya mean you was a koon before you turned white???

Come on ya Hobbit!! Me gonna have a go :headbang:

ajturbo
21st July 2009, 22:29
is that the old farts racing? or old bikes?....

or in your case..........

ajturbo
21st July 2009, 22:30
Whaaaatttt? Ya mean you was a koon before you turned white???

Come on ya Hobbit!! Me gonna have a go :headbang:
koon?... hell man, i was born natural Zimbabwean ..

i was so black i was blue....now i have a strange fetish to want to wear one glove....:blank:

wybmadiity
22nd July 2009, 15:16

Does that mean there will be many others not there as well then? Huh? well? :nono:

Kickaha
22nd July 2009, 19:19

Ah damn and I was so looking forward to going out on the housebus with Scrivy :sweatdrop

is that the old farts racing?

Definitely Old farts in their case

scrivy
11th August 2009, 20:19
Ah damn and I was so looking forward to going out on the housebus with Scrivy :sweatdrop

Definitely Old farts in their case

Kick, I will reneg on the classic meeting if that's what you want!!!:yes:

You know it is.......:wari:

skidMark
11th August 2009, 20:23
How quick do the fast ones go, if we are talking 1000cc sportsbike motors im keen as nt keen to go on a slow one, can we have multiple turns if we eep throwing $10 in the hat?

markc
11th August 2009, 20:31
The 1000cc outfits accelerate faster and stop quicker than you can imagine. Just be in right place on the side and hold on.......

Yes, you can keep paying $10 and have as many goes as you want.

It's an awesome day !

BTW, don't under estimate the 'fun' value of the slower/older outfits.

skidMark
11th August 2009, 20:34
The 1000cc outfits accelerate faster and stop quicker than you can imagine. Just be in right place on the side and hold on.......

It's an awesome day !

oh i know the old ones would be fun, i just wanna scare the living shit out of myself lol :woohoo::sweatdrop

BiK3RChiK
11th August 2009, 20:35
How quick do the fast ones go, if we are talking 1000cc sportsbike motors im keen as nt keen to go on a slow one, can we have multiple turns if we eep throwing $10 in the hat?

Farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssttt and yes, you can spend as much as you are willing to throw at them...... We did last year, and it was an awesome day!:sunny:

Kickaha
11th August 2009, 21:01

I'll bring a book to read, I'd have plenty of time as we go around

scrivy
12th August 2009, 07:22
I'll bring a book to read, I'd have plenty of time as we go around

You'd have heaps of time to read it in a hospital bed.... :eek::bleh::clap::rolleyes:

sidecar bob
12th August 2009, 07:36

It's an awesome day !

The 1300's are pretty hard to hold on to as well arent they Mark?:bleh::clap:

wybmadiity
13th August 2009, 14:31

:yes: :D :woohoo:

Danae
14th August 2009, 02:34
Sounds awesome, is pretty close to my birthday too :0

Atlas
14th August 2009, 09:44
The good news is several classic outfits have indicated they will be the have a go day this year.

skinny tyres are great for drifting and high COG means the chairs like lifting:woohoo:

old fartz
14th August 2009, 16:39
We will be there have refreshed motor and hope to use have a go day to sort out any problems,we are looking forward to it

sidecar bob
17th August 2009, 20:51
Decision just to hand.
We have two more meetings between now & the have a go day. If we have a sweet run with no DNF's we will do the have a go day.
If it all goes pear shaped we may need to do Manfield instead to even things up, so we will let you guys know a bit closer to the time.

markc
17th August 2009, 21:05
SC Bob,
I should have listened more closely when you said that if you think it's time to move across, then it's too late.........

It made more sense after I'd experienced it :-)

Timing is everything.......

wbks
19th August 2009, 17:42
Is that crazy cunt on the #666 sidey going to be there again? :)

RDjase
19th August 2009, 22:06
I had a ball last year with Ash taking me out, i will try and make time in the day but am racing 2 classes at the PMCC meeting on track 2,

If i turn up at lunch time can someone remind me to take my knee sliders off , they dont work that well in a chair aye, was sliding all over the show

It will be a really good weekend for Taupo, with the Post Classic GP on the day before as well

See you all there

tzer
1st November 2009, 19:27
What a great day you people put on today.

Hard to believe but I left an old set of red, white and black Dainese leathers behind and a good pair of boots. If anyone picked them up by chance, can they call me please on 021 1752820. (Since located thanks.)

skidMark
2nd November 2009, 12:26
Bugger forgot this was on... next year i guess.

The Pastor
3rd November 2009, 12:58
Sidecars almost killed me :(

Kickaha
3rd November 2009, 16:04
Sidecars almost killed me :(

Almost?, never mind, they can try again next year

sidecar bob
3rd November 2009, 16:11
What a great day you people put on today.

Hard to believe but I left an old set of red, white and black Dainese leathers behind and a good pair of boots. If anyone picked them up by chance, can they call me please on 021 1752820.

Ahh, so they are yours. We found them left at the end of the day.
Scrivy has them, send him a P.M, his username on here is Scrivy.

Atlas
3rd November 2009, 16:57
Next year we'll have to get some big wheeled sitters down there! my new one is quietly coming together, should have a rolling chassis by eo Nov and going for the feb festival:blink:

Grunok
5th November 2009, 17:28
Well, I learned something new. I didn't think you got bruises from motor racing! I guess I should have come here first and seen the "if you think it's time to move across..." advice. So much fun though :love:

Tzer's got in touch with Scrivy by the way, ta all.

Hanne
7th December 2009, 12:42
Bit belated, but thanks for an awesome time guys, will def be back next year (hopefully minus a cast and with all limbs fully functional ><)

2wheeldrifter
1st January 2010, 23:23
Loved it...

cc rider
14th January 2010, 23:42
Pretty cool ain't it drifter. Did you get a chance to ride a front exit rig? For my size, I find them easier to move about. Love the smell of tarmac haha!
You look like you had a great time.

cc

davesh
7th August 2010, 14:29
Wondering if any plans for one for a 2010 have a go day, hope so

Kickaha
7th August 2010, 15:02
Wondering if any plans for one for a 2010 have a go day, hope so

I have been informed it will not be on this year

sidecar bob
7th August 2010, 16:51
I have been informed it will not be on this year

Maybe Kim isint up for it.

Atlas
7th August 2010, 18:01
And I was hoping to take the A10 down for a play215535

Kickaha
7th August 2010, 18:05
And I was hoping to take the A10 down for a play215535

Giz a go Mr:yes:

wybmadiity
9th August 2010, 13:08
:( :crybaby:
Gutted!
Steve you are going to have to hook a sister up!

Atlas
11th August 2010, 19:17
Giz a go Mr:yes:

Hope to have an engine ready for shaking down (apart?) at the next NZCMRR meeting.

Passenger0_0
11th August 2010, 21:20
Hope to have an engine ready for shaking down (apart?) at the next NZCMRR meeting.

So I take it that you're not balancing this baby. I was once told that the words sidecar and balance shouldn't be used in the same sentence!

Good luck with the flash new outfit you show pony.:yes:

Squiggles
15th August 2010, 18:10

ooooh shiny :love:

Atlas
16th August 2010, 16:19
Going for the total bling look, lots of shiny and some nice touches like period racing carbs and using two stainless steel tea strainers for air filters! I'm sure Bender would approve "pimp my ride"
:soon:

ooooh shiny :love: