PDA

View Full Version : You havent ridden out to Whanga?

Funkyfly
5th March 2005, 20:59
Went for a ride out to Whanga with Sensei today, road conditions are perfect to do this famous ride! no road works, no rocks and crap, and this time of year the tar is just that-TAR, not syrup.

During the winter it gets a bit dodgey, so nows the time!

You can even get in a bit of rabbit hunting on the way aye Sensei!

Saw two clowns out there pretending they could ride, at least they had good taste in bikes.

Motu
5th March 2005, 21:17
Many a time,but to Whangamomona is only a 3rd of SH43,you should carry on to Ohura and out to SH4 - if you are scared of gravel,just go through the Moki tunnel and down the other side,the oh so scary gravel starts at the bottom of the hill - turn around and come back.Up and down those saddles has to be the best riding you can do anywhere.

Sensei
5th March 2005, 21:45
Yep was a Top ride . Bloody rabbbit run out right as I was going into a down hill right which can be abit tricky at the best of time's , even more so when going at the speed we were. Thought to myself fuck that was close ,then wondered if I had shut the back door ???? Warning light came on in my head CORNER!!!!!! Snap out of ya day dream , Just about Blow it . All this happend in a split sec . Just show's you how much you have to Focus when you are riding hard . As FunkyFly said road was mint & we made the most of it with some Top speed & cornering . Set Lee's Bike to the same suspenion setting's as mine for the ride back & he was happy with them so all in all a excellent day for the 2 SILVER 1000's . Gave the Pushbike rider's abit of a fight on the way out to the Pub to . Sorry LOL :yeah:
SENSEI

Stroker Girl
5th March 2005, 23:23
Hi Sensei
I take no responsibility for this message. Please excuse any crassness on my dictation. Quote: " Silver 1000's suck. R6's rule! You wouldn't know a good suspension set up if it hit you in the face" From Griz. unquote.

Obnoxious man just taken over my computer and I'm too drunk to protests. Sorty.

inlinefour
6th March 2005, 07:18
Next time people are going please PM me and if I'm not working I'll tag along. Might even be able to get scooterboy to join the convoy (then I can slipstream to keep up)
:wari:

XTC
6th March 2005, 07:59
I couldn't come along as I don't have a matching silver suzuki :( :cry:

Funkyfly
6th March 2005, 08:39
Hi Sensei
" Silver 1000's suck." From Griz.

The only thing a GSXR sucks is the fillings outta your teeth when it passes ya.

soundbeltfarm
6th March 2005, 08:44
nice ride out there.
you can go further and then take a turnoff to some waterfalls ( cant remember the name)
then that takes you out to sh.3 and then come back towards N.P
how long did it take to get from stratford to whanga pub?

Sensei
6th March 2005, 08:51
Hi Sensei
I take no responsibility for this message. Please excuse any crassness on my dictation. Quote: " Silver 1000's suck. R6's rule! You wouldn't know a good suspension set up if it hit you in the face" From Griz. unquote.

Obnoxious man just taken over my computer and I'm too drunk to protests. Sorty.

Ok Long as you don't mind me sayin R6 NICE GIRL'S BIKE . Tell Andrew to Fucken bring it on long as he does'nt cheat & bring his race bike !! . Couldn't find his number to get him to come along sorry GRIZ . You would have need your R1 for yesterdays ride Dude LOL :shake: :shake: :yeah: :2thumbsup
SENSEI

inlinefour
6th March 2005, 09:18
I don't have a either a silver or a Suzuki bike. However if everyone can handle a black Honda, then I'm in...

Motu
6th March 2005, 09:33
I've been through there in the 70s when it was gravel the whole way,just a narrow dusty bumpy track - hours and hours and hours to get to Taumarunui,I never thought I'd see civilisation again.Mind you,there were more people living in the area then,all those deserted houses were lived in,Whanga an oasis.

Stroker Girl
6th March 2005, 17:12
Ok Long as you don't mind me sayin R6 NICE GIRL'S BIKE . Tell Andrew to Fucken bring it on long as he does'nt cheat & bring his race bike !! . Couldn't find his number to get him to come along sorry GRIZ . You would have need your R1 for yesterdays ride Dude LOL :shake: :shake: :yeah: :2thumbsup
SENSEI
From Griz: Quote "See you at the Masterton Hill Climb next week PUSSY!!! :shake: Crusty stained leathers still available if you u need them you fat bastard!" unquote. :ar15:

Funkyfly
6th March 2005, 19:59
I don't have a either a silver or a Suzuki bike. However if everyone can handle a black Honda, then I'm in...

No prob as long as you give us a head start!

soundbeltfarm
6th March 2005, 20:09
I,d be keen next time you go out there.
i wouldn't be able to keep up with you guys.
getting new tyres on in a couple of weeks.
so would be keen to see the difference between the new ones and old ones
the ones on there now are shite not even branded on the back tyre,
just says canyon.

Sensei
6th March 2005, 20:35
From Griz: Quote "See you at the Masterton Hill Climb next week PUSSY!!! :shake: Crusty stained leathers still available if you u need them you fat bastard!" unquote. :ar15:

Would be keen if not working . May even come down just to watch you burn the clutch out in the R6 trying to get it to move off the line you Hippobottomus !! LOL :yeah: Give us a call when ya going down could be keen to pit crew for the day .
SENSEI

Stroker Girl
7th March 2005, 09:04
LOL Sensei!! Poor Griz needs a pit crew. Here he was at the nationals yesterday.....total crew included: himself, the van, the bike, some stands. Next pit over some big racing guy: Tents, bling bike, bling suit, two mechanics, refreshment table, & two skanky umbrella girls.

Will pass on your message to the obnoxious prat, but I showed him this site on the weekend so he'll probably read this post anyway.